• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Don't get too stressed about it. Shisho's quite a bit brash, he's pretty mean to me TBH.

I don't mean to express my idea to expose people as homophobes.(Not that I wouldn't do that.) But rather to say that people often fall into the trap of saying that a character needs be handle in a specific way, otherwise they're forced or unnecessary. Despite that straight characters also have, well, any kind of characterization you can think of and no one thinks that them being straight is unnecessary. In a relationship? Yeah, there's lots of unnecessary relationships, a lot of the times the male and female lead are just in a relationship just because.

But oftentimes I hear from people that well, gay characters need to be treated differently because people are uncomfortable with them. Which goes full circle really.

The thing is that not much is even known about 76's former relationship to even really say much about it. A lot of the controversy is just over his sexuality alone which is pretty ridiculous.
I don't necessarily think Shish was being rude. I'd be about used to that considering how long we've been on the boards together. It's that it seemed like my point of him being in a relationship at all being weird wasn't really getting across. It's fine though. I'm not as into Overwatch as I used to be and just decided to jump in on a conversation with my two cents. Did it go a little farther and differently than I intended? Yeah, but that's fine. I just don't want people to have a view of me in here as being homophobic when that really was the last thing I was trying to get across.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The lineage of the Belmonts is so ****ed up in the Lords of Shadow games. Like, since Gabriel Belmont is Dracula but also the father of Trevor Belmont that means that Trevor Belmont is ****ing Alucard... What the ****?
It becomes rather hilarious in hindsight when you remember Castlevania Legend where Sonia supposedly had Trevor Belmont with Alucard, but that was retconned, and now you have Simon Belmont who is Trevor's son and Trevor is Alucard, thus technically making Simon Alucard's son, meaning that Alucard having a son AND having a connection to Trevor Belmont is canon.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
What do you mean joke that's exactly why I changed my username to this, even had an avi of that iteration of Honey too
The "I blame Gwen" part.

I'm not entirely sure why Cutie Honey showed up; I did look up the Cutie Honey theme a few months back, but I did so because of you.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Seeing all this Overwatch talk makes me wanna play the game again. Since my laptop kinda went potato on me I haven't played it. I gotta pick it up again. I wanna get proficient with at least one tank, since right now I'm only proficient enough with Lucio and sometimes proficient with Tracer.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Uh...
This pop into my head once I saw this video lol.

I am looking forward to Granblue Fantasy Relink more, and this game in my opinion has to come to Switch.

Also can't wait to get Skullgirls on Switch, Travis Strikes Again, and most importantly...
Final Fantasy games on the Switch YES! Particularly VII and XII.

I don't know... just what kind of games do you like? For me, I'm more in favor of JRPGs, so for now most of my Switch games is that. Such as XC2, my most fav, Octopath Traveler, Fallen Legion, Shining Resonance Refrain, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Valkyria Chronicles. I'm also looking forward to get Ys VIII, Dragon Quest Builders 1&2, and Dragon Quest XI this year.

Also Fiora as well, sort of.
Glad they didn't spoiled XC2 characters for the most part, which they could have.

Did I ever said I have problem with Soldier 76 being gay?lol
Telling someone on the Internet to shut up is the most hilarious thing that I have ever seen. Unless you are just trying to be ironic lol.
tl;dr
The only thing I can do is ignore it and continue to get good in Overwatch, because he is one of my most used character after Reaper, and that won't change. To be honest here though, I haven't played Overwatch for ages now, hope I can go back once I get myself a PC.
I guess almost anything, as long as it has content to last me a while and doesn't turn me away immediately. Might get into JRPGs more so I actually understand who everyone talks about here.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Seeing all this Overwatch talk makes me wanna play the game again. Since my laptop kinda went potato on me I haven't played it. I gotta pick it up again. I wanna get proficient with at least one tank, since right now I'm only proficient enough with Lucio and sometimes proficient with Tracer.
Well, there is a Mini-event going on where you can get a new Victory Pose and Epic Skin for Ana, much like that one Mini-Event where you could get a new Skin for D.Va. You just have to beat 9 games in general, whether they'd be Quick-Play or Arcade.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Not that these sounds are real, but they make me feel a certain way.
I feel like Villager would go well with the opening of Through the Fire and Flames.

The bit when Squirtle joins in is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom