• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
About 1/4th of the way through MHA season 2...and of course the whiny character with the nasally voice is perverted as well. I can't find anything redeemable about Mineta. I strongly dislike him.
The mineta experience has begun.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think I’m right at the end of Kamoshida’s Palace. Tomorrow I’ll finish it... uhh real tomorrow not in game tomorrow.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Still no Switch as of today.

I'm missing out...

Knowing that, if I were to get a job in the summer and earn enough money, which games for the Switch would be worth it to look for (aside from Ultimate, already have it)?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
About 1/4th of the way through MHA season 2...and of course the whiny character with the nasally voice is perverted as well. I can't find anything redeemable about Mineta. I strongly dislike him.
he's one of those rare characters that was made for the sole purpose of being hated. Like Nina from Code Geass. (anyone remember that anime?)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

I'm missing out...

Knowing that, if I were to get a job in the summer and earn enough money, which games for the Switch would be worth it to look for (aside from Ultimate, already have it)?
I haven’t played it but BotW is supposed to be really good. Mario Odyssey, Okami HD and Sonic Mania Plus are all great. Kirby Star Allies is a decent choice, it improved with patches that gave it more game modes but unless you’re a die-hard Kirby fan, I can’t really say it’s a must-have.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m almost done with season 3 and yeah agree. There’s one decent moment he has that you will see but it’s not good enough imo

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I'm missing out...

Xenoblade 2 proceeds to be crucified by this thread

Splatoon 2 is great too from what I hear, and if you like JRPGs, Octopath Traveler offers a nice experience.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I haven’t played it but BotW is supposed to be really good. Mario Odyssey, Okami HD and Sonic Mania Plus are all great. Kirby Star Allies is a decent choice, it improved with patches in modes but unless you’re a die-hard Kirby fan, I can’t really say it’s a must-have.
It's the most ironic thing with me right now. So dedicated to Link, yet I haven't even played the one game that relates. I suppose I'll get my chance another day, but today is mostly imagination for me.

Xenoblade 2 proceeds to be crucified by this thread

Splatoon 2 is great too from what I hear, and if you like JRPGs, Octopath Traveler offers a nice experience.
I've always wanted to play a Xenoblade title, so I'll give that a shot, if possible. Not sure about Splatoon 2 at the moment (my sister has it, though), but Octopath Traveler looks very neat.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
It's the most ironic thing with me right now. So dedicated to Link, yet I haven't even played the one game that relates. I suppose I'll get my chance another day, but today is imagination for me.
Hey, don’t feel bad. I really enjoy Ridley as both as a fighter in Ultimate and as a character but I still have yet to play a Metroid game myself.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
he's one of those rare characters that was made for the sole purpose of being hated. Like Nina from Code Geass. (anyone remember that anime?)
May table-kun rest in peace. He didn't deserve such pain. :cry:
I’m almost done with season 3 and yeah agree. There’s one decent moment he has that you will see but it’s not good enough imo
That's tragic. I get that some characters are meant to be hated, but....can't Mineta be hated for better reasons than just being a whiny pervert? There are very hateable characters out there that still have a lot of intrigue...like Shou Tucker from FMA or Light Yagami during the 2nd half of Death Note. Mineta has nothing redeeming. He's not interesting nor has any good qualities.

D

Deleted member

That's tragic. I get that some characters are meant to be hated, but....can't Mineta be hated for better reasons than just being a whiny pervert? There are very hateable characters out there that still have a lot of intrigue...like Shou Tucker from FMA or Light Yagami during the 2nd half of Death Note. Mineta has nothing redeeming. He's not interesting nor has any good qualities.
There's a difference between a character intended to be hated and Mineta. He doesn't get better in 200 chapters, don't bother with him.
And it's a shame because Mineta is really the only outright bad thing I can think about MHA.

Potato_

Smash Lord

I'm missing out...

Depends on what you're into. Fighting games? Platformers? Adventure?

BOTW is an obvious one, feel like everyone with a switch should at the very least try that game out.

I'm still holding out hope that SOMETHING is done with him beyond being a real **** gag character.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

There's a difference between a character intended to be hated and Mineta. He doesn't get better in 200 chapters, don't bother with him.
And it's a shame because Mineta is really the only outright bad thing I can think about MHA.
They should have cut mineta after the sports festival and transferred shinshi in( if I spelled that right).

In case I didn't spell it right I'm talking the:
brainwashing guy
He's a much more compelling character with an intriguing quirk and could have been explored so well if they swapped him into the main cast considering everyone has been getting development at one point or another in class 1 a so far.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So, since there's more people here, what games have you guys been playing?

I played and beat Mega Man 11. And now I'm playing Spider-Man PS4. Both are pretty sick games.
Mostly mobile games this month, mainly Fire Emblem Heroes and Granblue Fantasy.

I’m gonna start grinding Smash Ultimate soon.

(P.S. I’m probably gonna shill/talk about Granblue a lot over the next few months, especially if there’s nothing Smash related to discuss, so just bare with me here)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Depends on what you're into. Fighting games? Platformers? Adventure?

BOTW is an obvious one, feel like everyone with a switch should at the very least try that game out.

I'm still holding out hope that SOMETHING is done with him beyond being a real **** gag character.
I'll try anything as long as the experience isn't boring and keeps me in. Ultimate and BOTW have that covered with the amount of content and possibilities, so things like that. Either way, I'm open to many things. I need to do my fellow Hylians justice, however.

Also, Zinith Zinith , I saw you talking about Yoshi's Crafted World yesterday, but I haven't watched the trailer for it yet. Would it be worth it if I considered that too? Technically wouldn't be the first Yoshi game I've played, but probably the longest.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'll try anything as long as the experience isn't boring and keeps me in. Ultimate and BOTW have that covered with the amount of content and possibilities, so things like that. Either way, I'm open to many things. I need to do my fellow Hylians justice, however.

Also, Zinith Zinith , I saw you talking about Yoshi's Crafted World yesterday, but I haven't watched the trailer for it yet. Would it be worth it if I considered that too? Technically wouldn't be the first Yoshi game I've played, but probably the longest.
You know my answer to that :yoshi:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

What Yoshi games have you played? If you played Woolly World then you might like Crafted World because it seems to play similarly to that game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I knew it was only a matter of time until the mods got sick of spam in the general thread. We got away with getting off topic a lot there and keeping up with all those posts must have been a nightmare for them.

Honestly I'm just surprised this didn't happen sooner.

Iridium

Smash Hero
What Yoshi games have you played? If you played Woolly World then you might like Crafted World because it seems to play similarly to that game.
I'm a little bit embarrassed to say I'm most familiar with Yoshi's Cookie of all things. I do get the gist of Woolly World at least. Maybe there was something else as well, but I can't remember what it was.

And I found some interesting news. Turns out the original Legend of Zelda also apparently has a "minus world", yet this went unnoticed for decades. The progression, though...

D

Deleted member

Promised Neverland seems good.
I really like the monster designs.
But god, the part at the end where Norman and Emma were talking about escaping with everyone and hopeful music starts playing only for it stop abruptly as it cuts to Mom holding the plushie? Iconic. I feel like it sets the mood for the series: hope that'll be snatched away without a moment's notice.
They should have cut mineta after the sports festival and transferred shinshi in( if I spelled that right).

In case I didn't spell it right I'm talking the:
brainwashing guy
He's a much more compelling character with an intriguing quirk and could have been explored so well if they swapped him into the main cast considering everyone has been getting development at one point or another in class 1 a so far.
The problem is that Horikoshi actually likes Mineta. Otherwise we certainly wouldn't have him.
As far as Shinso goes though
The latest arc has made his official return after some cameos since the Sports Festival arc and it's likely he'll transfer into the maim classes

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What would you make Ryu Hayabusa's Final Smash? Most of them are cinematic now, so maybe he makes a clone and does something similar to Meta Knight/Sheik/Greninja?

Or they re-enact a crazy moment from the 3D games.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
While it's true that those kinds of characters exist, I'm pretty sure that's not why Mineta was created. Unless of course you have a source for that.

Mineta is most likely created to be comic relief. It's just that many people probably don't see it that way, because the style of comic relief that Mineta embodies isn't really seen as being okay anymore. Also the fact that he takes it up to 11.

I've seen this go the opposite way too. Sometimes a character designed to be hated/annoying can become loved by the community. It happens.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Games i'm looking forward to the most are-

Pokemon-I love Pokemon. It's my absolute favorite series. I can't wait to see what a new, traditional home console generation can do.
Animal Crossing-Never played an AC game, I hope it's fun.
Persona 5-Either they release a Switch port, or I get a PS3. Either way i'm gonna figure out why everyone and their goddamn grandma adores this game.
Three Houses-Fire Emblem is fun. Simple as that.
Prime 4-I wanna try a 3D Metroid, simple as that.

There are other games like Tropical Freeze Crafted World and Luigi's Mansion that I really want to try, but money's gonna be tight this year so i'm not sure if I can get those.

Iridium

Smash Hero
What would you make Ryu Hayabusa's Final Smash? Most of them are cinematic now, so maybe he makes a clone and does something similar to Meta Knight/Sheik/Greninja?

Or they re-enact a crazy moment from the 3D games.
Maybe they can do that, but based on the famous NES intro for the initiation, I guess.

But instead of two ninjas attacking each other, Ryu and his clone slash at the opponent from opposite sides. I don't know, but that sounds interesting.

Hm, I almost imagined this like a Chain Attack as well. Huh.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Games i'm looking forward to the most are-

Pokemon-I love Pokemon. It's my absolute favorite series. I can't wait to see what a new, traditional home console generation can do.
Animal Crossing-Never played an AC game, I hope it's fun.
Persona 5-Either they release a Switch port, or I get a PS3. Either way i'm gonna figure out why everyone and their goddamn grandma adores this game.
Three Houses-Fire Emblem is fun. Simple as that.
Prime 4-I wanna try a 3D Metroid, simple as that.

There are other games like Tropical Freeze Crafted World and Luigi's Mansion that I really want to try, but money's gonna be tight this year so i'm not sure if I can get those.
I'm also looking forward to Metroid Prime 4. DMC5 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as well.

Maybe they can do that, but based on the famous NES intro for the initiation, I guess.

But instead of two ninjas attacking each other, Ryu and his clone slash at the opponent from opposite sides. I don't know, but that sounds interesting.
That's a really good idea.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Games I'm looking forward to:
Yo-kai watch 3
The switch ports of Final Fantasy 9 and 10.
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing Switch
Fire Emblem three houses

Things I really want to see next year:
The next Bravely game
A port of Persona 5 for switch. And the other two modern persona's for that matter. But if I had to choose 1 then just 5.
Hopefully the announcement of Pikmin 4.
And also hopefully the announcement of Yo-kai watch 4 getting localized.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, I've been playing a lot of Persona 5 recently, and I'm really enjoying it! I've just finished the 4th palace. :)
No spoilers please :)

I'm waiting for a switch port to be announced. If not i'll get a ps3 but I really don't want to do that so I hope we get a switch port.

D

Deleted member

Let's Go's EXP distribution is weird. What's even the point of Trainer Battles if they give such little EXP compared to catching?

Also, status effects and status moves seem super nerfed in this game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In his DoA games, you get some pretty flash moves as well.
One of those could also be a final smash candidate.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
At least you won't get Persona 5 spoilers(probably) with Joker's release. No trophy descriptions and all.

I made myself sad. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom