• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
At least you won't get Persona 5 spoilers(probably) with Joker's release. No trophy descriptions and all.

I made myself sad. :urg:
They could always spoil everything through Spirits regardless.

I mean, look at how much more Xenoblade they spoiled with those. Like who Metal Face is.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No spoilers please :)

I'm waiting for a switch port to be announced. If not i'll get a ps3 but I really don't want to do that so I hope we get a switch port.
If you want my honest opinion, there's very few "earth shattering spoilers" in P5, at least not that you can't figure out... very easily by yourself.

Well, there is one, but it isn't quite meaningful unless you've played P3 and/or P4.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still can't decide if I should use my Dave & Buster's tickets to get Spyro Reignited Trilogy

View attachment 186268

hmmm....
Spyro, you get to keep it, rather than play for a bit.

In his DoA games, you get some pretty flash moves as well.
One of those could also be a final smash candidate.
A Combo leading into a bigger Izuna Drop could be cool too. As long as the regular version is his Up Throw or something, so we can use it whenever is fine by me.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
At least you won't get Persona 5 spoilers(probably) with Joker's release. No trophy descriptions and all.

I made myself sad. :urg:
I don't know about THAT. I'm not overly familiar with Persona, so I'm not sure how much character-related stuff could be spoiled, but the spirits did manage to spoil me on a certain Castlevania character's connection to Dracula, or at least heavily imply it.

D

Deleted member

I don’t know how to contribute to this discussion.
How’ve things been lately?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

As far as potential P5 spoilers go.

I could see an Arsene spirit that enhances into Satanael.

Or if you wanna go even more spoilery, an Igor spirit that awakens into Yaldoboath or the twins evolving into Lavenza.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
As far as potential P5 spoilers go.

I could see an Arsene spirit that enhances into Satanael.

Or if you wanna go even more spoilery, an Igor spirit that awakens into Yaldoboath or the twins evolving into Lavenza.
Luckily, they haven't mentioned the DLC characters coming with spoilers so there probably isn't any cause for worry.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I don't know about THAT. I'm not overly familiar with Persona, so I'm not sure how much character-related stuff could be spoiled, but the spirits did manage to spoil me on a certain Castlevania character's connection to Dracula, or at least heavily imply it.
Hmm, I don't think they could spoil much about the game? Unless, they maybe included some of the villains, I guess?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pokemon question:

What would work better on a Vulpix: Fire Spin, or Will-O-Wisp?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Good I guess...

Though I want the other thread to open up again so I can resume my Yoshi love :yoshi:
I had this whole thing typed up about Ken's Final Smash and now I have to wait to post it.

I guess I could post it here or in the Ken forum, but eh...

I'll just wait.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looking foward for the Mara spirit with leggings

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I kinda already mentioned what games I'm most looking forward to earlier.

Though I'm also excited for Animal Crossing on the Switch. I'll always take some more Animal Crossing! I just feel bad every time I abandon my town from the previous game or at least come very close to doing so. My GC and City Folk towns are surely overgrown with weeds by now...and my villagers who live in them would probably initially greet me with shock or anger if I returned by this point.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This is a fire one, though.

I don't think I can even get Alolan Vulpix until post game, right?
I've no idea what game you were playing so I just automatically picked Sun/Moon.
No idea what the meta is like for GO, but will o wisp in general is pretty good if you have someone else to switch to.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'll try anything as long as the experience isn't boring and keeps me in. Ultimate and BOTW have that covered with the amount of content and possibilities, so things like that. Either way, I'm open to many things. I need to do my fellow Hylians justice, however.
Oddessy was fun, the levels were alright but the real good thing they did with that game was the mechanics. Mario controls REALLY well and everything feels so good to pull off. Once you get real good you'll be surprised at the stuff you're able to pull off.

Hyrule Warriors is good if you're a huge Zelda nut like I am or you enjoy the Warriors style of games. It's chock full of references to the series, has a ton of playable characters, and has a LOT of stuff to unlock. If you don't like the core gameplay though I'd suggest skipping it.

In terms of third party games on the Eshop, I recommend:

- Stardew Valley (Farm sim with RPG like character relationships and interactions. TONS of storylines, quests, and secrets to find.)
- Hollow Knight (Metroidvania with a fantastic story hidden underneath.)
- Celeste (Platformer with a very touching story about finding yourself and dealing with anxiety. Has some extremely difficult bonus levels and a lot of secret areas.)
- Sonic Mania (If you're a Sonic fan this is a must buy. If you're not, you should try it anyways. The closest Sega has been to capturing early Sonic's blend of speed and platforming.
- West of Loathing (RPG with a great art-style and even better writing. Short, but will be getting free DLC very soon.)
- Binding of Isaac (My favorite Roguelike, and one of my favorite games of all time.)

If you've got any question on em feel free to ask, I've played all of these through to completion and loved them all.

If you want my honest opinion, there's very few "earth shattering spoilers" in P5, at least not that you can't figure out... very easily by yourself.

Well, there is one, but it isn't quite meaningful unless you've played P3 and/or P4.
Honestly that spoiler you're talking about would be pretty difficult for Smash to spoil. Unless:

Igor has a spirit that evolves into Yaldabaoth or something. Even if he shows up in a stage or something the fact that his voice is so different wouldn't register if you hadn't played the previous games.

Or the twins evolve into Lavenza. Which tbh I could see them doing.

But I do agree that the vast majority of "story spoilers" are stuff you figure out very, VERY quickly.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Izuna Drop can be a side special, like one of Mii Brawler's options for the same move.
It pales in comparison.

That said, I'm hoping the Izuna Drop isn't an Final Smash on it's own, it's a signature move of his that should be used constantly. A powered up version can be an FS, but a normal version should be in his move kit I think.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If you want to use the izuna drop as a final smash, make sure you use the most intense, stupid, RADICAL version of it.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I suppose since others are mentioning it, I suppose I should mention some of the games that I'm looking forward to this year.
Kingdom Hearts III is the game that I am definitely the most excited for (even if I might not play it for quite a while).
I'm also looking forward to Fire Emblem: Three Houses, though that game hasn't had nearly as much advertising as KH3 has.
I'm also anticipating Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon Gen 8, and Yoshi's Crafted World, but not to the same extent as the two above.
Metroid Prime 4 as well, but I'm not sure if that will release this year and I have my expectations low.

That's about all that I can think of at the moment as far as new games are concerned. There might be more, but those are the ones that I can think of.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you want to use the izuna drop as a final smash, make sure you use the most intense, stupid, RADICAL version of it.
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z did a lot wrong but it had a lot of memorable moments in it despite that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I forgot that there's two Panzer Dragoon remakes coming out, but the devs who are making it aren't in the highest esteem, so we'll see how it turns out.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just figured out how much i'll have to spend on video games in this tight plan with a budget and everything.

Then I realized there are more games that haven't even been announced that i'll probably want too.

GOT

DAM

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I just figured out how much i'll have to spend on video games in this tight plan with a budget and everything.

Then I realized there are more games that haven't even been announced that i'll probably want too.

GOT

DAM
xD I share your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom