• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Imagine if we get a big thicc as **** leak or announcement today and people find Ultimate Thread closed. :gova:
Then we'll be the ones to suffer because this is the thread people would flock to.

Hopefully you haven't :124:'d this.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm listening to mangrove cove right now, it's really great.

That's why I started thinking of buying it.
Tropical Freeze's soundtrack is one of the best Nintendo OSTs in years along with Mario Kart 8. While I wouldn't normally recommend a game on it's music alone, it pays to experience it first hand as there are numerous levels where the music dynamically changes with the location and it works really, really well.

But there's no need to recommend Tropical Freeze on the music alone, cos its level design is also 11/10 and it's pretty challenging too.

I know people are eagerly anticipating what Retro's next project is, but I'd be more than happy for it to be DKCR 3: you can't have an original trilogy and then just bring back the series for only two entries ...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Good grief, today just feels so slow... my mind feels bored as well.
Someone must have casted Slowga on us.

Or alternatively, time itself might have casted Hastega on itself to get ahead of us. IDK.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright, time go into work and hope the sickness doesn't consume my body. :090:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I remember someone, I think it was Irene, mentionning Lloyd can be the only possible Tales rep.

But like, didn't Yuri get straight up banned from official popularity pools because he was just curbstomping the competition so hard?
Yes he did, alongside the character Leon Magnus. Both characters were so damn popular as Yuri was always Number 1 and Leon was always Number 2 that both were eventually banned from Official polls altogether. Lloyd, however, still remains on the polls. Lloyd is a popular character and appears in the Top 10, sometimes Top 3 in general, but he's certainly not on the level of the other 2.

The main deal between Lloyd and Yuri definitely comes from most well known and most popular among Tales fans.
-For Lloyd's case, Tales of Symphonia was not only one of the most successful titles out of the series and having been the one to have the most sold, but it was the most successful in the West. The Gamecube version also outsold the PS2 version by more than double, so Lloyd is far from unknown among Nintendo fans. Lloyd himself is a decently popular character in general, constantly appearing in the Top 10 in Official polls. Combined with it's sales in the West, Lloyd is probably the most known Tales character if you take Worldwide into consideration.
-For Yuri's case, Tales of Vesperia is definitely the most popular when it comes to it's characters and it is definitely super popular in Japan. Heck, it was so popular that when Tales of Vesperia came out in Japan on Xbox 360, the console itself was actually selling out for the first time in Japan. And as mentioned, Yuri was so damn popular that he was banned from Official poles.
As for Worldwide popularity, while Vesperia was successful worldwide, it never reached Symphonia's level of sales. For US and UK sales combined, it only reached above 400,000 sales. Then the fact that Vesperia's PS3 Port was never released outside of Japan.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tropical Freeze's soundtrack is one of the best Nintendo OSTs in years along with Mario Kart 8. While I wouldn't normally recommend a game on it's music alone, it pays to experience it first hand as there are numerous levels where the music dynamically changes with the location and it works really, really well.

But there's no need to recommend Tropical Freeze on the music alone, cos its level design is also 11/10 and it's pretty challenging too.

I know people are eagerly anticipating what Retro's next project is, but I'd be more than happy for it to be DKCR 3: you can't have an original trilogy and then just bring back the series for only two entries ...
Now I have to add it to the ever growing list of things that are gonna make Noipoi go bankrupt.

the list so far.jpg

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For all you Tales fans out there...

Is it possible for Yuri to be an Echo Fighter of Lloyd? Or vice-versa?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not unless you do some stupid stupid things to one of them that would make one not who they are.
Don't know much about the series so I just wanted to ask that upfront lol.

I know that comes off as blasphemy to fans of the franchise.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Not at all.

The two have different skill sets.

Plus Yuri uses one sword while Lloyd uses two.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
At this point, I only really want to know if Lloyd/Yuri will be announced next.

If i’m not mistaken, some people who had mentioned they had sources did say that there was discussion related to Lloyd and Yuri at some point.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
At this point, I only really want to know if Lloyd/Yuri will be announced next.

If i’m not mistaken, some people who had mentioned they had sources did say that there was discussion related to Lloyd and Yuri at some point.
Weren't those the same sources that said only characters that debuted before 2014 were gonna be DLC?

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Don't know much about the series so I just wanted to ask that upfront lol.

I know that comes off as blasphemy to fans of the franchise.
Honestly just at the most basic level neither would fight like the other since Yuri uses a single sword while Lloyd uses a two sword style. Think they have a few shared artes but otherwise what they do is generally pretty different even disregarding the sword style differences.

Off topic anyone else here play Hollow Knight? Been doing steel soul runs and while Im much better than when I started and can do most stuff with relative ease I still end up dying to stupid crap I never died to before which is frustrating. lol
theknight.jpg

Knight boi needs to push on.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finally shut down my arena after hours of being too addicted and enjoying myself...now to eat some human flesh food

Ivander

Smash Legend

Nope. Yuri uses one sword and he often has it leaning on his shoulder while holding it. Plus he can also uses Axes. Meanwhile, Lloyd uses dual swords. So you definitely can't make Yuri an Echo Fighter of Lloyd or vice-versa.

If you want something particular, when Yuri equips an Axe, his moveset and whatnot remains the same. The only major difference in his game is that his attacks are slightly slower, but more powerful when using an axe. But if you took moveset and whatnot into consideration, him using an axe is like the exact same deal as when he uses a sword. So you could have Yuri using an Axe in an alternate costume of his and there would be nothing wrong about it.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
P5 marks the second time I've wanted to strangle a cartoon animal.

P4 and Teddie would be the first.

D

Deleted member

If Persona 5 gets revealed for the Switch I’ll end up stopping playing again
waiting for a switch port is honestly the only thing keeping me from buying a ps3/4 and playing the damn thing already

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Neir Automata also came to the Switch that would be cool.

I have it unopened for the ps4 but would prefer it on the Switch at some point.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If Persona 5 gets revealed for the Switch I’ll end up stopping playing again
It’s on my long list of “games I’ll get to eventually”. I’m already backed up with other PS4 and Switch games.

Plus I have games like Granblue Fantasy Versus, FE: 3 Houses, and Pokemon Gen 8 that are top priority for me this year.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
What's wrong with Teddie?
He's the thirstiest boi around, and was generally annoying a lot of the time as they didn't show respect to much of anyone but the MC and women, particularly jerkish toward the bro character despite being given a job and living arrangements by them.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Mine is 644,882,004 with the name Jojo. Lucky you for getting Merlin and Jalter. c:
I sent you a friend request a few minutes ago, so you should see me when you open up the game again.

Lucky you that you have my most coveted 5-star servant right now: normal Tamamo! I tried to pull her from the most recent guaranteed gacha, but I got my first Waver instead. I still have to wait on pulling normal Tamamo for now...

I'm glad to have my own Waver though, but it'll take some time for me to max level him: I still need to grind for Forbidden Pages in Hyde Park to get him to his next Ascension.

Tamamo should be getting another Rate-Up Banner when the Extra CCC Event comes around.
That banner is on my radar. Two problems with it though:

1) I'm planning on pulling for King Hassan once his banner arrives, which is very soon. I only have 131 Saint Quartz and 20 Summoning Tickets, but I want to see if I can get him because I could benefit from having another strong single-target Assassin, not to mention he has the Merlin synergy going for him and is just an overall badass worth having on my party.

2) This one is the bigger issue: I want to pull for Okita Souji when the Gudaguda Honnouiji rerun goes live. I've warmed up to Okita Souji a lot as a character to the point she's become one of my favorite servants as of late, and I'd really like to pull for her. Only problem is that the Gudaguda Honnouji starts one month before the Extra CCC event, and depending on my luck in pulling for Okita, I could potentially walk out with little to no Saint Quartz when the Extra CCC banner drops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom