• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I hope that's not the case, because that'd be a completely dumb move. It's been since September 2018 since we've had a Direct, and we usually go by a three-month basis, so I don't see why there's no reason to have a Direct this month, especially with all the games they still have to show.
You realize that a few of these many games to show didn't even get a chance at E3 either, right? Sometimes, Nintendo's just weird with their reveals.

Even though we typically have one general Direct every three months, I can still see them break that mold just for the heck of it. It's a dumb move, I agree with that, but Nintendo's not always making the smartest decisions either.

Fire Emblem is coming out in like three months or so, and we've only seen it ONCE since E3 last year.
It's also the only time we ever saw it in 2 whole years, and aside from gameplay, we also learned they freaking delayed it by a year. See what I mean by them being really weird sometimes?

Like, before E3, I legit thought that game was cancelled because we never heard anything about it.

And that's not even mentionning Pikmin 4. It never got a single trailer and has been apparently "close to completion" for several years now. Like, that one might actually be cancelled, for all we know.

What about Bayonetta 3 or Prime 4?
I think they'll keep Prime 4 for E3. Not just because of timing, but maybe also because it could be a little more ready by then rather than now.

As for Bayo 3... Yeah, I dunno, honestly...

There are so many questions that need to be answered about games that've been launched, and them just going "guh-huh, here's Zelda II and Blaster Master, have fun dip****" in the meantime isn't helping things at all.
Again, Nintendo's weird and while I like their games, I think they're usually not that great when it's anything that isn't making a video game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man some people get really antsy about commercial showcases. My guess is that it was planned this week but AGDQ hype made them go "maybe later" considering it's like the September delay having all those announcementd
Here's my problem, though, I'm starting to not play my Switch more and more as of recent. I've completed all the games I've been meaning to play, and unfortunately there are some games while I do want to finish, I don't simply have the drive. (Though, I recently copped up Mario + Rabbids Gold Edition for dirt cheap, so hopefully that'll get my back into the swing of things)

Not to mention, I just have so many questions. When will Final Fantasy VII, IX, X-X2 HD come out? What's going on with Bayonetta 3? The games that we don't know are the ones I REALLY wanna play and will have drive for, no doubt, hence why I just want a Direct so we can finally figure out what's been going on.

Noipoi

Howdy!
With all of this bits of info getting announced and some okayish /vp/ leaks I feel we're going to get a simple Pokémon Direct for Gen 8 and that's pretty much it for this month.
I would probably die if we got a direct this month.

I'm not ready.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I be fine with a typical Nintendo Direct, a Pokémon Direct, or even no Direct this month.

Don't care, I'm a patient little boi.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's my problem, though, I'm starting to not play my Switch more and more as of recent. I've completed all the games I've been meaning to play, and unfortunately there are some games while I do want to finish, I don't simply have the drive. (Though, I recently copped up Mario + Rabbids Gold Edition for dirt cheap, so hopefully that'll get my back into the swing of things)

Not to mention, I just have so many questions. When will Final Fantasy VII, IX, X-X2 HD come out? What's going on with Bayonetta 3? The games that we don't know are the ones I REALLY wanna play and will have drive for, no doubt, hence why I just want a Direct so we can finally figure out what's been going on.
I've been similar but for a different reason, there are too many damn games for me to still buy and I JUST bought a total of 5 games on my ps3 to make it worse.

Althoughhhhhh please by Travis Strikes Again in a few weeks I need No More Heroes to thrive when it's up against Tales of Vesperia, KHIII and REmake 2

D

Deleted member

Look, all we know is this.
Vinny made Metroid Prime 4, Metroid: Samus Returns and Animal Crossing Switch happen, so with him streaming Mother 3, you know what's gonna happen.

I'm stickin' to my ****ing guns on this one. If I can't have Rex & Pyra in Smash, at least let me have this. :drsad:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But on Pokémon, there are some monsters idea I'd like to see
  • A turkey
  • A peacock
  • A dolphin (HOW IN THE FLYING HELL DO WE STILL NOT HAVE ONE YET? WE JUST WENT THROUGH A TROPICAL ISLANDS REGION FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!)
  • Whatever the heck the Poké Maniac trainer was cosplaying as in HeartGold/SoulSilver (shown below)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
SCOTT THE WOZ IMPERSONATOR YOU SAW NOTHING
  • A turkey
  • A peacock
  • A dolphin (HOW IN THE FLYING HELL DO WE STILL NOT HAVE ONE YET? WE JUST WENT THROUGH A TROPICAL ISLANDS REGION FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!)
  • Whatever the heck the Poké Maniac trainer was cosplaying as in HeartGold/SoulSilver (shown below)
They better have a red peacock with rainbow feathers
tumblr_p117pkekRT1v26f9uo1_400.gif

I love me some gay peacock pheonix boys

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
  • A turkey
  • A peacock
I want a hamburger ogre

Noipoi

Howdy!
Vinny made Metroid Prime 4, Metroid: Samus Returns and Animal Crossing Switch happen, so with him streaming Mother 3, you know what's gonna happen.

I'm stickin' to my ****ing guns on this one. If I can't have Rex & Pyra in Smash, at least let me have this. :drsad:
The worst part is it's not even a case like Half Life 3 where they could never meet expectations. The game's already made, you just gotta translate it.

• A turkey
  • A peacock

I hope there's a Dragon type eeveelution.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

What, a Mother 3 localization?

That'd be nice. Then I could play it without ****ing emulating it. -_-

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
For Pokemon gen 8, just give Dunsparce an evo already! The chubby snek has suffered enough.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If we get a peacock Pokéman Im going to call it NBC.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey guys! I just got my Piranha Plant code in my email.

I’m officially a PLANT BOI.
W E L C O M E T O T H E P L A N T G A N G
For Pokemon gen 8, just give Dunsparce an evo already! The chubby snek has suffered enough.
A Pokemon besides Eevee getting an evolution.
In a modern Pokemon game.

As much as it pains me to say, I don't think it's gonna happen.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Or new evolutions in general. The fact Farfetch'd had a planned evolution yet wasn't ever implemented into the game is the most aggravating thing of all of Pokémon.
#JusticeForMadame

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

It's not gonna happen.

It's just not.

D

Deleted member

I think another reason why I'm for wanting a Direct this month, or, hopefully soon, is that I just want another "good Direct" that'll make me lose my ****. We haven't really had one since like... March 2018? If you wanna count even the game-dedicated Directs, August 2018 I suppose.

The November Smash Direct was pretty piss poor, that E3 Direct, if you take away Smash Ultimate, wasn't that good either. The September Direct was pretty alright, but there was definitely some things that held it back a great lot. It feels like there hasn't been a really memorable Direct in such a long time, honestly.

If it's too much to ask for, while we can all agree that the Wii U Era was something a lot of people don't wanna look back on, in hindsight, you have to admit this. That Nintendo Digital Event for E3 2014? ****ing. Godlike. They didn't stop with the punches at all for a second.

Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors, Yoshi's Woolly World, the first reveal of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 2 officially revealed. The flow and cohesion with every announcement, the Robot Chicken opening with the Reggie VS. Iwata fight...

...holy ****.png

NOW do you see why I want a Direct to happen? If we can reach at least a smidge of that level, I will walk away pretty damn happy. I don't know if I can handle another "okay" Direct, so please Nintendo. Prove my cynicism wrong.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
God this place is noisy. Thanks Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth .
You're quite welcome. And I mean that seriously.

This thread was only inactive cause people were spamming the Ultimate thread too often. I will note I am looking into opening to soon, but not till we figure out what to do.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think another reason why I'm for wanting a Direct this month, or, hopefully soon, is that I just want another "good Direct" that'll make me lose my ****. We haven't really had one since like... March 2018? If you wanna count even the game-dedicated Directs, August 2018 I suppose.

The November Smash Direct was pretty piss poor, that E3 Direct, if you take away Smash Ultimate, wasn't that good either. The September Direct was pretty alright, but there was definitely some things that held it back a great lot. It feels like there hasn't been a really memorable Direct in such a long time, honestly.

If it's too much to ask for, while we can all agree that the Wii U Era was something a lot of people don't wanna look back on, in hindsight, you have to admit this. That Nintendo Digital Event for E3 2014? ****ing. Godlike. They didn't stop with the punches at all for a second.

Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors, Yoshi's Woolly World, the first reveal of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Bayonetta 2 officially revealed. The flow and cohesion with every announcement, the Robot Chicken opening with the Reggie VS. Iwata fight...

View attachment 186247

NOW do you see why I want a Direct to happen? If we can reach at least a smidge of that level, I will walk away pretty damn happy. I don't know if I can handle another "okay" Direct, so please Nintendo. Prove my cynicism wrong.
You realize that you're expected gigaton hype levels from a regular ass direct and will be disappointed because it's not E3 and they didn't show the big guns right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom