• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh no....
WHO ON THIS PLANET THOUGHT THIS DESIGN WAS OKAY

WHO THOUGHT ANYTHING ABOUT THIS DESIGN WAS OKAY

I don't like to judge a book by it's cover, but for now...this already looks like a disaster just waiting to happen.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Actual section from the IGN article regarding the Sonic movie poster:
The most challenging part of Sonic’s updated design isn’t revealed in this teaser: his eyes. The filmmakers struggled with how best to depict Sonic’s eyes because often he’s only seen with one, and that wouldn’t translate well to the live-action movie.

I don’t think SEGA was entirely happy with the eye decision, but these sorts of things you go, ‘It’s going to look weird if we don’t do this.’ But everything is a discussion, and that’s kind of the goal, which is to only change what’s necessary and stay true to the rest of it,” said Miller.
Help me

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
To me the problem here wasn't his eye...
but his feet....

Now I really want Disney to make a Wreck it Ralph spin-off short film where Sonic is the main character, I mean come on Sonic has more roles a bit in Wreck it Ralp 2 so just maybe...
It wasn't the eye part I was worried about...
It was the fact that SEGA seems to be worried about the eyes, that was worrying me

You know it's a bad sign when you don't quite get the approval of the original creators

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Monster Hunter World announced an expansion for Autumn of 2019, Iceborne

Guess they really ain't done with World huh, I'm glad. This will give me a reason to come back to the game next year. I hope it's a really big expansion so I can forget the "all future content will be free" stuff, because I'm pretty sure they're making this as paid DLC. Still, if the content is good, I'm fine paying for it.

They also got Geralt the Rivia in the game as part of a crossover with The Witcher 3. With so many crossovers that the series has had it's hard to believe that we still don't have the hunter in Smash, but still, pretty neat stuff.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It wasn't the eye part I was worried about...
It was the fact that SEGA seems to be worried about the eyes, that was worrying me

You know it's bad sign when you don't quite get the approval of the original creators
This can also make me lead to a further hot take... that Disney is making too much live action remake on their old cartoon movies. (I know this is a stretch but hear me out)

It isn't they are remaking their old movie is a problem, it is the fact that they have to go with live action with their remake...

I Hate Everything basically says it all in this video:

I would definitely take it we have a 3D animated Lion King, Cinderella, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo and Aladdin movie instead of live action ones.
I mean just look at other media adaptions, like the recent Spiderman (Despite the live action movie from MCU is still good), Peanuts, Captain Underpants, and The Little Prince etc...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

I don't like to judge a book by it's cover, but for now...this already looks like a disaster just waiting to happen.
I would have totally prefered this guy to be the star of the movie:
2986b96d55370f0f85944890090326b8b20dd62c_00.jpg

Over that nightmare fuel mutation. >_>

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I liked sharing the pain of not owning the game, with you. :(
:3 Aww, come on, you are not alone in this. xD I don't have it either and I am still saving up for it, and that is if I am actually gonna be able to get it or I will have to use my emergency savings for something else.
IMG_20181208_224749 - Copy.jpg

>w< I am really happy with my Ridley amiibo(s) tho.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Obviously, it's based on '06 and wanted to make Sonic look more human so the kissing scene would be more appropriate :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I would have totally prefered this guy to be the star of the movie:
View attachment 182497
Over that nightmare fuel mutation. >_>
I actually legitimately agree. Those more realistic human proportions do not mesh well with the cartoonishly oversized head...at all.

If they're still discussing what the final design will look like, then I really hope they change it later.

Obviously, it's based on '06 and wanted to make Sonic look more human so the kissing scene would be more appropriate :troll:
"Screaming internally at the thought"

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Melty Blood has a really kick *** soundtrack
Imagine starting a fight and this track begins to play
Melty Blood does have a pretty awesome soundtrack. Some of the choirs song in it are just flat out epic, and some of my favorite tracks in all of video games!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh and for those that don't know, my Switch FC is SW-2772-0149-6703

Add me if you haven't already.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Isn't this Sonic movie the same one with Jim Carey as Eggman or some other equally ridiculous choice?

Sounds like it'll be a really entertaining trainwreck.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Help, Snake is abusing a little kid mayor
Snake is kicking my *** in his challanger battle and he wont stop. This is child abuse
Speaking of Snake.

On the Main Discussion thread, I repeatedly said that, with Snake returning, there should be an Event Match against Zero Suit Samus in her White alt in the Garden of Hope.

Which is exactly what the Spirit Battle against the Boss is. Very pleased that I actually predicted something somewhat accurately.

Now if only I could beat her.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Monster Hunter World announced an expansion for Autumn of 2019, Iceborne

Guess they really ain't done with World huh, I'm glad. This will give me a reason to come back to the game next year. I hope it's a really big expansion so I can forget the "all future content will be free" stuff, because I'm pretty sure they're making this as paid DLC. Still, if the content is good, I'm fine paying for it.
Hmm, did I spy a Nargacuga in the trailer? That said, cool to see that they are adding an ice area. Always enjoyed the ice monsters and levels. Here's hoping for Barioth and Tigrex too.

Chrono.

I really gotta get back to MH World, I was having fun with it but then I just stopped for no reason.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I finally unlocked all the fighters, and I think I've done everything in World of Light except for the final boss fight, give or take any additional shenanigans the game pulls.

Everyone was right about "that one part." About everything. My goodness that was cathartic.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Oh no....
I’m legit scared now. I can’t imagine what Lovecraftian beasts are gonna plague this film besides the blue hedgehog. I don’t care what anyone says, that ain’t Falco Sonic. At least that ain’t the one I know.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Detective Pikachu: Faithful real-life interpretations of the Pokemon
Sonic: A College Football mascot reject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom