• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Or Pauline.

**** that fight.
Agreed.

I think it took me like 15-20 tries (I wasn't counting), I eventually managed to kill "Pauline" by footstooling her off the bottom of the stage (by accident, I'm not that good at Smash :laugh:)
-------
Speaking of footstools, I was listening to some of the Palutena's Guidances last night (I mentioned one of them around that time).

While I was listening to the Guidances, I occupied myself every now and then; while I was listening to Young Link's, I kept footstooling him, while he just stood there and took it.

Probably getting very annoyed.

Another character (it was either Simon, Ryu or Ken), I kept pummeling him, which means Pit was repeatedly kneeing them in the crotch.

...Yeah.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Or Pauline.

**** that fight.
Pauline took me around 5-10 tries. It wasn't until I saw that Timers kept dropping alot that I managed to win.

That said, I heard a good Spirit to use against her is the one that gives you the Staff from Kid Icarus Uprising, due to the damage it does at far range and the fact that Peach won't move due to you not being anywhere near her.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Or Pauline.

**** that fight.
Pauline was also utterly wretched, yep.

The particular cocktail of differing behaviors the enemies you have to kill are packing combined with the awkward shape of the stage just makes the whole thing a solid nightmare.

At least Wily and The Boss play by simple enough rules even if they're likely the first four stars you'll have the displeasure of getting thrashed by.

Once you get past a certain point the game starts tossing four stars at you and combined with you likely having locked in your own four star primary rotation and decent support squad by then they start blurring together to the point that characters like Wily, The Boss, and Geno probably wouldn't even be overly notable anymore. But Pauline would probably always be awful.

Part of me wonders how many wild fights are hidden in Spirit Board, though, since World of Light only actually nets you about half the Spirits in the game. For example, Hades is only available via Spirit Board from what I can tell, and he'll deck you in three hits as an ACE. Which is entirely in character and actually pretty awesome when you have a rematch handy to immediately get back at him, but pretty insane nonetheless.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well that was certainly an interesting feh channel.

Fyorm is missing, dark fyorm is free for beating book 3 chapter 1.

Hero fest is finally back and now has its own legendary heroes which is neat.

Overall not to bad. The ticket system could be pretty clutch too

KMDP

Smash Legend
Pauline was also utterly wretched, yep.

The particular cocktail of differing behaviors the enemies you have to kill are packing combined with the awkward shape of the stage just makes the whole thing a solid nightmare.

At least Wily and The Boss play by simple enough rules even if they're likely the first four stars you'll have the displeasure of getting thrashed by.

Once you get past a certain point the game starts tossing four stars at you and combined with you likely having locked in your own four star primary rotation and decent support squad by then they start blurring together to the point that characters like Wily, The Boss, and Geno probably wouldn't even be overly notable anymore. But Pauline would probably always be awful.

Part of me wonders how many wild fights are hidden in Spirit Board, though, since World of Light only actually nets you about half the Spirits in the game. For example, Hades is only available via Spirit Board from what I can tell, and he'll deck you in three hits as an ACE. Which is entirely in character and actually pretty awesome when you have a rematch handy to immediately get back at him, but pretty insane nonetheless.
The first four star I fought was Pyra.

It's... um... you need "Lava-Floor Immunity" for it. Otherwise it seems like a fairly simple fight.

It's Shulk and Lucina, the whole stage is on Fire, and they have Fire Bars. The Rex Spirit Battle (a two-star fight) is pretty much the same.

Unfortunately, I haven't seem them since I got a Lava-Floor Immunity Spirit, so... *shrug*

There's also the Shine Sprite Spirit, which I see fairly frequently. It's Rosalina and a bunch of Kirby minions.

Rosalina starts the fight getting her Final Smash, fairly simple.

...Then the Warp Stars and Super Stars start falling.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also finally beast stones are coming and have the range of a horse user...

Ivander

Smash Legend
The funniest Spirit Battle I had was with a Giant Luigi in Mushroomy Kingdom, forgot what the Spirit was but it was Stamina and he was wrecking my ****. After I had 35% left and he was still well over 100% I panicked only for Luigi to walk off the stage
Dungeon Man?

KMDP

Smash Legend
The funniest Spirit Battle I had was with a Giant Luigi in Mushroomy Kingdom, forgot what the Spirit was but it was Stamina and he was wrecking my ****. After I had 35% left and he was still well over 100% I panicked only for Luigi to walk off the stage
I think that's the Dungeon Man (from Earthbound) fight.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Haha, I love Ultimate's AI sometimes. I just had Diddy walk off the stage while I was trying to unlock him. I didn't even throw him off the stage, we were on opposite ends and he just... jumps off the waterfall.

I mean, thanks Diddy since I wanted to get you, but at least put up a fight buddy.

Monster Hunter World announced an expansion for Autumn of 2019, Iceborne

Guess they really ain't done with World huh, I'm glad. This will give me a reason to come back to the game next year. I hope it's a really big expansion so I can forget the "all future content will be free" stuff, because I'm pretty sure they're making this as paid DLC. Still, if the content is good, I'm fine paying for it.

They also got Geralt the Rivia in the game as part of a crossover with The Witcher 3. With so many crossovers that the series has had it's hard to believe that we still don't have the hunter in Smash, but still, pretty neat stuff.
That's a pretty good trailer, I'm a little disappointed that it's so far off since that's almost a year out depending on the month, but if it's anything like other similar expansions it should be worth the wait. Nargacuga is already a good sign since I was missing it from Generations Ultimate, but I hope that those like Barioth are among the new set (also Leviathans like Mizutsune and Lagiacrus, but considering their body types that's sadly probably not going to happen).

If nothing else this gives me a good reason to try and fight the Behemoth if it's still around, I've been meaning to get to it, but I've heard it's a pain solo so I've been putting it off.

Ivander

Smash Legend
How is there a shine sprite spirit and a gunship spirit? They’re not even alive!
That's nothing compared to questioning how "Bonus Fruit" gets a Spirit.

Edit: Actually, forget the Bonus Fruit, how about a Cardboard Box? You heard me. A Cardboard Box somehow got a Spirit.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I'll be surprised if they don't do a Risen Lord Chrom as a Dark Mythic Hero.
Everything is perfect for that to happen.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also you know what's really hilarious?

I'm checking the stats on my Lv 99 four stars and Hades (Final Form) has a higher attack power than all of my actual Attack spirits.

He's a DEFENSE class Spirit. With an ability that starts you with 30% in exchange for amping up your attack power even more.

And I double checked by giving Rodin, The Infinite One (an attack class four star I just summoned and then upgraded Rodin to get) the same Dojo ability I gave Hades (take a wild guess), that doesn't influence a Spirit's actual stats display at all.

This mother hubbard.

. . .

Well I guess Fierce Deity Link has a higher attack if I get him up to the same level, LOL. But to add to the fun, he still has lower overall stats because for Fierce Deity Link that comes at a tradeoff of a fair bit weaker of a defense than average for even his class and only one slot. MEANWHILE BACK IN SATAN LAND

Like no seriously look at this

Atk 7006
Def 4574
Slots: 2

I WANT YOU TO TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THIS BROKEN 40 MINUTE LONG FINAL BOSS'S STATS

I WANT ALL OF YOU TO LOOK AT IT

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'll be surprised if they don't do a Risen Lord Chrom as a Dark Mythic Hero.
Everything is perfect for that to happen.

As much as it would be cool, I think Lyn and Camilla pretty much broke people's patience with Alts in general and considering Chrom has 4 Alts, I doubt people will make an exception for him.
That said, I do like the idea of Mythic Heroes being like a "What if" scenario with certain characters and would like that. Whether or not they will do that is another story. I just hope the Mythic Heroes are more original than just a popular/main character given a promoted form.
Oh by the way, I don't understand why you need to pay money to feed your Spirits. Like, imagine if you made dinner for someone you care about and they'd only accept it if you gave them a dime for every bite
Once you get Toadette's Explore thing, Spirit Money becomes pretty easy to get. Like before I had an issue with it, but now, I've been staying packed for quite some time. It's regular Gold I want more compared to Spirit Money.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As much as it would be cool, I think Lyn and Camilla pretty much broke people's patience with Alts in general and considering Chrom has 4 Alts, I doubt people will make an exception for him.
That said, I do like the idea of Mythic Heroes being like a "What if" scenario with certain characters and would like that. Whether or not they will do that is another story. I just hope the Mythic Heroes are more original than just a popular/main character given a promoted form.

Once you get Toadette's Explore thing, Spirit Money becomes pretty easy to get. Like before I had an issue with it, but now, I've been staying packed for quite some time. It's regular Gold I want more compared to Spirit Money.
Oh I found that too, it's just so weird to me. Stupid ass Elincia and Groudon demanding money to be ****ing broken. Not you Maria, you're precious and can get all the money you want.

D

Deleted member

Haha, I love Ultimate's AI sometimes. I just had Diddy walk off the stage while I was trying to unlock him. I didn't even throw him off the stage, we were on opposite ends and he just... jumps off the waterfall.

I mean, thanks Diddy since I wanted to get you, but at least put up a fight buddy.

That's a pretty good trailer, I'm a little disappointed that it's so far off since that's almost a year out depending on the month, but if it's anything like other similar expansions it should be worth the wait. Nargacuga is already a good sign since I was missing it from Generations Ultimate, but I hope that those like Barioth are among the new set (also Leviathans like Mizutsune and Lagiacrus, but considering their body types that's sadly probably not going to happen).

If nothing else this gives me a good reason to try and fight the Behemoth if it's still around, I've been meaning to get to it, but I've heard it's a pain solo so I've been putting it off.
The same thing happened when I fought Diddy Kong to unlock him. I didn’t have to do a thing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man the Belmont boys are so much fun to play as. They are definitely mains alongside my boy Roy and Snake Snake SNAAAKE!

Chrono.

Well I finished unlocking characters, my last ones were Dr Mario and Sheik.

Which one were y'alls?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh by the way, I don't understand why you need to pay money to feed your Spirits. Like, imagine if you made dinner for someone you care about and they'd only accept it if you gave them a dime for every bite
Yeah this is honestly pretty dumb, especially if you want to buy stuff from the shops constantly.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hey fam.

If y'all in a praying mood.

She's passed.

She could use one if you got one.

KMDP

Smash Legend
How is there a shine sprite spirit and a gunship spirit? They’re not even alive!
That's nothing compared to questioning how "Bonus Fruit" gets a Spirit.

Edit: Actually, forget the Bonus Fruit, how about a Cardboard Box? You heard me. A Cardboard Box somehow got a Spirit.
Well, Buddhist mythology says everything has a soul.

Regarding the things like the Gunship and Starship Mario having Spirits; well, maybe they have Klabautermann spirits.
Well I finished unlocking characters, my last ones were Dr Mario and Sheik.

Which one were y'alls?
Dr. Mario & Palutena.

Relatedly, unlocking Cloud was my 100th Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom