• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's a good thing all of these guys got Thanos'd.
Enjoy starving in space with Edalgard, Tony.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's a good thing all of these guys got Thanos'd.
Enjoy starving in space with Edalgard, Tony.
Weren't Steve and Banner alive after Infinity War? At the least, I could've swore Steve was still alive.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What should be taked about is how feh secretly wanted shareena dead. Shareena took a scythe to the neck and feh just didn’t acknowledge it despite them supposedly being good friends.

Feh was the real villain all along

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
OK, I've made a lot of incoherent ranting over the past couple of pages but I think I can summarize my entire wild response in two tweet embeds.

Uno.

Dos.

This Spirit Board battle is stupid and these stats are stupid and I love all of it.
How did this beautiful ****er get Medusa? I’ve only gotten an enhanced Hades, Amazon Pandora, Viridi, and Mimicutie

Ivander

Smash Legend
How did this beautiful ****er get Medusa? I’ve only gotten an enhanced Hades, Amazon Pandora, Viridi, and Mimicutie
Hard work and determination.

Speaking of which, is it possible for Spirits to learn and use multiple styles? Or can they only learn and use only one style at a time?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Lategame World of Light.

The game actively encourages you to skip her at first in favor of getting something else, but you can backtrack after you do that and pick her up. Or probably ignore the objective and get her first IDK I didn't try but games are lenient like that.

She starts as OG Kid Icarus Medusa and has to be upgraded. Has Giant as an ability once she is, not half bad really!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hard work and determination.

Speaking of which, is it possible for Spirits to learn and use multiple styles? Or can they only learn and use only one style at a time?
I think they can only learn certain styles, and sacrifice others if they want something new
Lategame World of Light.

The game actively encourages you to skip her at first in favor of getting something else, but you can backtrack after you do that and pick her up. Or probably ignore the objective and get her first IDK I didn't try but games are lenient like that.

She starts as OG Kid Icarus Medusa and has to be upgraded. Has Giant as an ability once she is, not half bad really!
I need to get her no matter what (can’t be any worse than trying to get Hades)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Apparently in heroes only godlike fire emblem characters will get mythical alts.

Get ready for mythical Reinhardt, hector and surtr boys!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
lol i have a baby mario that's stronger than your hades
LOL no the heck he's not.

He's got a shockingly good ability and stat spread for a literal infant upon upgrading to check, but in terms of straight power Hades stomps him into the floor.

. . .Look at this conversation, we're comparing the Lord of the Underworld to an incontinent child. What in the world is Smash Bros?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So robins new weapon for the male one has trilema effect, colorless adavantage and a rally tactic skill when refined. It’s 14 might, giving him 3 more attack points.

Female robin seems to have the same thing( I don’t have sp to give her the new weapon and check it’s refine) but now she also gets the colorless advantage which is useful.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Some Spirits to keep an eye out for.

Zygarde 50% - It is a Green Novice Spirit, but it can be enhanced into a Legend Rank Zygarde Complete that gives 2 Slots and Critical Health Healing.
Young Zelda(Ocarina of Time) - A Blue Advance Spirit. Enhancing her will make her a Legend Rank Adult Zelda with 2 Slots and Assist Killer.
Skull Kid(Ocarina of Time) - A Green Advance Spirit. Enhancing him will make him a Legend Rank Majora's Mask Skull Kid with 2 Slots and Lifesteal.
Maria Renard - A Green Advance Spirit. Enhancing her will make her into an Ace Rank Maria Renard(Symphony of the Night), but her Power will rival that of Legend Rank Spirits, as well as give 2 Slots and an Additional Midair Jump.
Elincia - A Blue Advance Spirit. Enhancing her will make her into a Legend Rank Queen Elincia that gives 2 slots and an additional Midair Jump.
Bulborb - A Blue Advance Spirit. Enhancing it will change it into the Legend Rank Empress Bulblax that gives 2 slots and Greatly Enhanced stats after eating food during the battle.
This is a good post, I'll have to keep these in mind.

Here are some more upgradeable Spirits worth looking into

Masters
Lyn [Ace] → Lyn (Blade Lord), I'm pretty sure she's one of the best. Two slots with Critical Hit ↑↑; Red​
Zero (Zero Buster) [Advanced] → Zero (Z-Saber) - Two slots with Weapon Attack & Move Speed ↑; Red​
Shadow the Hedgehog [Ace] → Super Shadow - Two slots with Undamaged Attack & Speed ↑; Red​
Giratina (Altered Forme) [Ace] → Giratina (Origin Forme) - Three slots with Shield Damage ↑; Grey​
Midna [Ace] → Wolf Link & Midna - Three slots with Dash Attack ↑; Green​
Baby Mario [Ace] → Baby Mario (Superstar Mario) - Three slots with First-Strike Advantage; Grey​
X [Ace] → Full Armor X - One slot with Super Armor; Green​
Aces
Tsubasa Oribe [Novice] → Tsubasa Oribe (Carnage Form) - Three slots with Jump ↑; Blue​
Metal Gear ZEKE [Novice] → Sahelanthropus - One slots with Metal and Giant; Blue​
X Parasite [Novice] → Nightmare - Two slots with Lifesteal; Red​
Groudon [Advanced] -> Primal Groudon - Two slots with Fire/Explosion Resist ↑; Red​
Chun-Li (Street Fighter Alpha) [Advanced] → Chun-Li - Three slots with Physical Attack ↑; Green​
Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid 3) [Advanced] → Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid V) - Two slots with Shooting Attack ↑; Green​
Boom Boom [Advanced] → Boom Boom & Pom Pom - One Slot with Hyper Smash Attacks; Red​
I also have these spirits I haven't upgraded yet
Ganondorl (Twilight Princess), a Red Ace with three slots, presumably he enhances into Ganon (Twilight Princess)​
Ray Mk II, a Green Advanced Spirit, with three slots; I assume he enhances into Ray Mk III​
Geo Stelar & Omega-Xis, a Grey Advanced Spirit with three slots, I have no idea what he'll turn into.​

And here's a few you can get through Summoning.
Dunban [Ace] - Two slots with Sword Attack ↑; Blue; obtained by combining Reyn and Fiora.​
Dr. Eggman [Master] - Three slots with Electric Attack ↑; Green; obtained by combining Dr. Crygor, Tamagon, Chansey and two other Grab Types.​
Raiden [Master] - Two slots with no skill; Red; obtained by combining Solidus Snake, Rosemary, 3 Attack Types and a Neutral type.​
Xander [Master] - Three slots with Sword Attack ↑; Red; obtained by combining Leo, Camilla and Elise.​
Protoman [Master] - Three slots with no skill; Blue; obtained by combining Dr. Light, Roll and a Shield Type.​
Daroach [Enhanceable Ace] - Three slots (unknown skill), Red; obtained by combining Count Canolli, Mouser and two Neutral Types.​
Isaac [Enhanceable Ace] - Three slots (unknown skill); Green; obtained by combining Garet, Mia and Ivan.​
I haven't gotten Xander, Protoman, Daroach and Isaac yet, so I don't know how good they are.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Still haven't started World of Light but I've been non stop grinding in Spirit Board because it's so gosh darn addicting.

Also this was great.

DuGuRZKWoAAuvV2.jpg
DuGuRXeW4AEqbZv.jpg

I won the Rayquaza Spirit Battle because Rayquaza showed up and killed Rayquaza.
Geo Stelar & Omega-Xis, a Grey Advanced Spirit with three slots, I have no idea what he'll turn into.​
They'll turn into this.

MegaManStarForce.jpg

Probably not that exact artwork though lol.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Upon leveling him up, it actually seems like the Galeem Spirit you get for beating World of Light has the best stats and ability out of anything, the latter of which and any related information I'm going to skirt past for spoiler reasons.

But 1. That literally does nothing to help you beat World of Light and 2. but that's booooriiing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
They'll turn into this.

Probably not that exact artwork though lol.
Thank you kindly. :grin:

I actually got Leo, Elise and Mia (the spirits I needed for Xander and Isaac). Once I've levelled up Leo and Mia (they're primaries), I'll summon Xander and Isaac. I assume Isaac will Enhance into Adult Isaac.

I'm fairly sure Garet, Ivan and Mia are all Spirit Board-only characters, as are Leo, Camilla and Elise.

The fight I had with Leo was incredibly amusing. It took place on Reset Bomb Forest (Hazardless), I played K. Rool and mostly stayed on the left platform, shooting Cannonballs at Robin until he died. Occasionally I moved from my spot, but my "strategy" was so effective I just kept doing it. :laugh:

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just got Tetra, an Ace who can be enhanced (I assume she'll become Toon Zelda).

The fight really isn't difficult, as long as you have Wind Immunity. Though I had to fight her three times because I kept missing the shot in Free the Spirit.

Chrono.

Oh yeah, one of my first Spirits was a green Novice Model X, who gets enhanced into an Ace Model ZX who makes transformations via items stronger.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Played through book 3's first two chapters.

Surprisingly the writing doesn't suck.

Its not over the top novel of the year, but its better then its been imo.

The king and queen's interactions were nice, especially gustavs.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Played through book 3's first two chapters.

Surprisingly the writing doesn't suck.

Its not over the top novel of the year, but its better then its been imo.

The king and queen's interactions were nice, especially gustavs.
It's certainly off to a good start with the lore bombs and interactions. Whether it stays that way or not is another thing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's everyone's strongest Spirit right now?

Mine is Akuma at 14k.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Alfonse and Sharena's dad has a pretty cool design!

And their mother looks decent too!

I'm lowkey hoping Gustav will be playable at some point (his wife too since it'd make sense to release them together).

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What's everyone's strongest Spirit right now?

Mine is Akuma at 14k.
Here's the current top ten in my collection by, including a couple of your champions that I leveled up out of curiosity. Keep in mind this doesn't include outside factors such as Support spirits, because -something- (and I'm assuming it's probably Support Spirits) bumps my Spirit power up by about 2K above the actual power of any given Primary.

1. Galeem: (13,640)
2. Akuma: (13,235)
3. Metal Face: (12,493)
4. Medusa: (12,462)
5. Calamity Ganon: (12,330)

6. Hades (Final Form): (12,274)
7. Fierce Deity Link: (11, 561)
8. Baby Mario (Superstar Mario): (11,388)
9. Rodin, the Infinite One: (10, 946)
10. James McCloud: (10, 089)

This list is only the overall score and not the Attack/Defense/Slot/Ability spread, which likely mixes up the actual effectiveness of everyone here both in general and according to playstyle. For example Akuma has some insane attack and Defense from what I'm seeing here but no ability or slots, while Hades and Medusa are a fair bit lower in both but have attack boosting abilities in some capacity and two slots apiece.

Also I'm totally planning on challenging all willing to Spirit Battles once everyone's unlocked and maxed out to where they're comfortable at.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Excuse me, but... what?
Arigarmy tried to throw shade about how their Baby Mario was better than my Hades a page ago, so I upgraded the kid to compare. For the record Arigarmy was wrong because that's always what happens when people throw shade LOL

As to why they're that powerful hell I don't know either.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Excuse me, but... what?
Evolve Baby Mario and he's one of the best neutral Spirits.

Arigarmy tried to throw shade about how their Baby Mario was better than my Hades a page ago, so I upgraded the kid to compare. For the record Arigarmy was wrong because that's always what happens when people throw shade LOL

As to why they're that powerful hell I don't know either.
You said 11k at that time though, didn't you?
And how is that throwing shade I was literally just thinking the baby being stronger is funny. I don't see how that's offense against you.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Evolve Baby Mario and he's one of the best neutral Spirits.

You said 11k at that time though, didn't you?
And how is that throwing shade I was literally just thinking the baby being stronger is funny. I don't see how that's offense against you.
I didn't mean serious shade I meant like competitive shade LOL

I still took it the wrong way, just not as badly as you might be worried. I just saw it as a challenge.

Speaking more to the raw data of what I said, I just straight up posted a picture of Hades' stats IIRC, so I'm pretty darn sure no.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How do I get the second character in the lost woods section? I got young link.

Is the triforce thing connected to it?

Also the Geno spirit batte was pretty cool. I liked that you get to fight the whole mario rpg team.

Geno being shiek is weird though. If they had the mii outfit still that would have been the better pick.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Also the Geno spirit batte was pretty cool. I liked that you get to fight the whole mario rpg team.

Geno being shiek is weird though. If they had the mii outfit still that would have been the better pick.
Try to walk into the treasure chest you opened in the middle by the lake.

Yes, really.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

You walk into the chest that's above the lake.

You'd think it's random as **** but a statue at the very end of the other side of the map tells you.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Anyone with a Switch Pro Controller, do they still have the wonky d-pad issues I'd heard about when they were first released? I was thinking of getting one, but I'm not going to drop all that money on a controller if the d-pad isn't going to do what I'm telling it to; I use the d-pad a lot so issues with that would make the thing useless to me.
I got the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Pro controller, it has been said the D pad was fixed on the XC2 controller but I don't think it was that significant because the D pad was still wonky a bit.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Try to walk into the treasure chest you opened in the middle by the lake.

Yes, really.
You walk into the chest that's above the lake.

You'd think it's random as **** but a statue at the very end of the other side of the map tells you.
Well ok then. Some of these secrets are crazy. Well done Sakurai

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well ok then. Some of these secrets are crazy. Well done Sakurai
Both of the other branch areas (not the triforce areas, the greater scope ones) like the one you're in have super moon logic-y puzzles with characters behind them, too.

One has you have to clear all of a unique obstacle on the map, which involves solving a puzzle that likely requires setting something up from the other side of the map to complete. There is no indication the character is unlockable on this map beyond common sense before this.

Another is a puzzle where there's technically two correct answers, with the more accurate one having a larger path behind it but the less accurate one still containing a character.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Okay some impressions on Smash Ultimate's Classic Mode now that I've had more than 40 hours logged in on the game.

- Classic Mode is a massive improvement from earlier iterations. Everyone having their own route was genius, as well as unique end bosses.
- It's not perfect. Some of the themes do come off as a little uninspired (Wolf comes to mind) and it was a bit disappointing how it turned out that the vast majority of the characters fight the hands. We could've used a little bit more bonus games, it was nice seeing Race to the Finish return but it would've been neat to see old games like Home Run Contest or even a Spirit collecting game similar to Grab the Trophies from Melee. Just something to break the monotony of the RttF mini game. But given how there's over 70 characters you can't really blame them for some of the routes coming off as phoned in.
- As for the bosses, damn, the new ones are pretty good. Ganon is actually challenging, Marx was an amazing callback, I love that Rathalos has breakable parts and Dracula is a love letter to Castlevania done right. But even the returning bosses have some new things such as the Hands having a truckload of new moves, both alone and together.
- I do kinda feel at times that fighting the Hands can be tedious as much as it can be fun, since for the most part they act on their own this time and they can unexpectedly overwhelm you until you lose a stock. Thankfully, losing in Classic Mode here is nowhere near as punishing as it was in 4.
- Also I definitely would've liked a bit more boss variety, at the very least I don't see why Porky, Duon or Petey Piranha (if it doesn't come back for PP's own route) shouldn't have been back but I won't lose sleep over it. Overall I think Ultimate Classic Mode is the best the mode has been, even with it's flaws.

I'll do more on the rest of the game as I go along, I just didn't want this to be massive post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom