• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Listen here you absolute goons. You ****ing insects. I'm a crusty toxic elitist Melee player. I like combos. I like edge guarding. I like an actual punish game and games that reward high skill execution. I don't care much for items. I have a shrine in my bedroom dedicated to Project M that's splattered with goat blood and small rodent bones. I violently destroy Brawl discs on sight. And sometimes, I shower only once a day instead of twice. I only saw Ultimate as the framework for a mod three years down the road that would actually have good gameplay. Sure, the game looked faster. Bayonetta was made less brain dead. They added Ridley. They added K. Rool. My boy Young Link was back. But fundamentally I saw a neutral heavy low hitstun game without much disgusting **** like pillar combos or moonwalking or waveshining.

I was wrong. Sure, you can't edge hog or chain grab. And maybe only like 3 characters will get any use from nerfed wavedashes. But considering the fact that I 0-to-deathed my friend like 5 times today with a basically true Inkling combo, I'll take what I can get. Falco may not have his actually useful Melee shine, but he can actually use his dair now. Ganon still doesn't sound right to me, but he can stomp into side b into tech chase into fair. Squirtle almost feels as good as P:M Squirtle. Melee will always have a special place in my heart but I could actually see myself... you know, playing this ****.

Except on Twitter, in every Discord server I'm in, and in this pit of sin, you have complete chumps screeching for nerfs to characters that have even remotely interesting and powerful combo games and tools. Paste eating toddlers, many of whom I suspect were Sonic campers in Smash 4, seriously want Meta Knight to be dragged over the coals on day one for... being able to punish you hard for making a mistake. I think they'd break out into a rash if they saw what Fox could do to you in Melee.

Smash 4's competitive community relied too much on faith in patches to ensure the health of the metagame, and that game ended with two Bayonettas charging their neutral B for 2 minutes. NTSC Melee never got a damn patch and the metagame is still evolving today. In 2001, Sheik was considered the best character. Falco was thought of as rivaling Fox and now he's not even in the top 4. I've seen countless games like Overwatch and League of Legends ruined time and time again by their infantile, instant gratification craving playerbases.

Because if you ruin this one for me, I'm going to PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale. And you'll be sorry. So think twice before you intentionally SD with your main every match on Elite Smash you ***** ass rat fink.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh what fun to go to work for 7 hours on a cold snowy day with no power and hardly any customers...

Dt6ymT0U4AAUPRS.jpeg

At least being an hour late helped a little.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Woah woah, easy there.
What is troubling you?
Oh my day was ****ty. My boss was an asshole, I cut the palm of my hand with a knife, a truck ran through a puddle as I walked past and soaked me, I slipped on a patch of ice and fell on my ass, I fell again and slid down a hill face first down a hill, I slipped and almost fell 37 times. I’m miserable as hell. ****ing sore as hell and emotionally exhausted from basically crying the whole way home.

Chrono.

So from the looks of it, here's how the Echo Fighters rank in terms of how much they differ from their counterpart.

Virtually the exact same:
:ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultrichter:

- Yeah these are pretty much exactly what it says, they have zero substantial differences to their counterparts and are all cosmetic
- Dark Samus does have two very small functional differences that in the end don't amount to anything (she has electrical properties where Samus would have fire and DS's roll is 2 frames faster than Samus's due to not going morph ball)

Weird substantial differences but...:
:ultdarkpit:

- Dark Pit is in a weird spot where he's basically the same as Pit, but he's kinda not either. He only differs greatly with two moves, which are functionally similar to Pit's but also not. Silver Bow is especially different from Pit's Palutena Bow.
- He also has a third smaller difference in the tipper of his side tilt, which is weaker than Pit's. But it's barely worth mentioning.

Visually similar, functionally different:
:ultlucina::ultchrom:

- Lucina and Chrom have the same gimmick of losing the sweetspot mechanics their counterparts have, encouraging begginners to pick them up over their more methodical versions. So while, on the surface they have the exact same moves, your approach with them has to be completely different.
- Chrom does differ a tad more than Lucina as he has a brand new Up-B that is very similar to Ike's.

Echo In Name Only:
:ultken:

- Surprising no one, Ken is pretty much Echo Fighter in name only as he has a high number of differences from Ryu.
- These differences include: speed, weight, fall speed, different properties for many normals, brand new normals, different properties for his specials, brand new specials, etc etc
- In short, you could consider him as different from Ryu as Ultimate Dr. Mario is from Mario, possibly more.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Listen here you absolute goons. You ****ing insects. I'm a crusty toxic elitist Melee player. I like combos. I like edge guarding. I like an actual punish game and games that reward high skill execution. I don't care much for items. I have a shrine in my bedroom dedicated to Project M that's splattered with goat blood and small rodent bones. I violently destroy Brawl discs on sight. And sometimes, I shower only once a day instead of twice. I only saw Ultimate as the framework for a mod three years down the road that would actually have good gameplay. Sure, the game looked faster. Bayonetta was made less brain dead. They added Ridley. They added K. Rool. My boy Young Link was back. But fundamentally I saw a neutral heavy low hitstun game without much disgusting **** like pillar combos or moonwalking or waveshining.

I was wrong. Sure, you can't edge hog or chain grab. And maybe only like 3 characters will get any use from nerfed wavedashes. But considering the fact that I 0-to-deathed my friend like 5 times today with a basically true Inkling combo, I'll take what I can get. Falco may not have his actually useful Melee shine, but he can actually use his dair now. Ganon still doesn't sound right to me, but he can stomp into side b into tech chase into fair. Squirtle almost feels as good as P:M Squirtle. Melee will always have a special place in my heart but I could actually see myself... you know, playing this ****.

Except on Twitter, in every Discord server I'm in, and in this pit of sin, you have complete chumps screeching for nerfs to characters that have even remotely interesting and powerful combo games and tools. Paste eating toddlers, many of whom I suspect were Sonic campers in Smash 4, seriously want Meta Knight to be dragged over the coals on day one for... being able to punish you hard for making a mistake. I think they'd break out into a rash if they saw what Fox could do to you in Melee.

Smash 4's competitive community relied too much on faith in patches to ensure the health of the metagame, and that game ended with two Bayonettas charging their neutral B for 2 minutes. NTSC Melee never got a damn patch and the metagame is still evolving today. In 2001, Sheik was considered the best character. Falco was thought of as rivaling Fox and now he's not even in the top 4. I've seen countless games like Overwatch and League of Legends ruined time and time again by their infantile, instant gratification craving playerbases.

Because if you ruin this one for me, I'm going to PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale. And you'll be sorry. So think twice before you intentionally SD with your main every match on Elite Smash you ***** *** rat fink.
I'm so happy I saw this before it became a copypasta. :p

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh my day was ****ty. My boss was an *******, I cut the palm of my hand with a knife, a truck ran through a puddle as I walked past and soaked me, I slipped on a patch of ice and fell on my ***, I fell again and slid down a hill face first down a hill, I slipped and almost fell 37 times. I’m miserable as hell. ****ing sore as hell and emotionally exhausted from basically crying the whole way home.
Geez, Im sorry to hear that man. Find something you enjoy doing and hopefully that can help you rest and relax.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So from the looks of it, here's how the Echo Fighters rank in terms of how much they differ from their counterpart.

- Yeah these are pretty much exactly what it says, they have zero substantial differences to their counterparts and are all cosmetic
- Dark Samus does have two very small functional differences that in the end don't amount to anything (she has electrical properties where Samus would have fire and DS's roll is 2 frames faster than Samus's due to not going morph ball)

- Dark Pit is in a weird spot where he's basically the same as Pit, but he's kinda not either. He only differs greatly with two moves, which are functionally similar to Pit's but also not. Silver Bow is especially different from Pit's Palutena Bow.
- He also has a third smaller difference in the tipper of his side tilt, which is weaker than Pit's. But it's barely worth mentioning.

- Lucina and Chrom have the same gimmick of losing the sweetspot mechanics their counterparts have, encouraging begginners to pick them up over their more methodical versions. So while, on the surface they have the exact same moves, your approach with them has to be completely different.
- Chrom does differ a tad more than Lucina as he has a brand new Up-B that is very similar to Ike's.

Echo In Name Only:

- Surprising no one, Ken is pretty much Echo Fighter in name only as he has a high number of differences from Ryu.
- These differences include: speed, weight, fall speed, different properties for many normals, brand new normals, different properties for his specials, brand new specials, etc etc
- In short, you could consider him as different from Ryu as Ultimate Dr. Mario is from Mario, possibly more.
I'd actually say the electricity thing for Dark Samus makes a fairly significant change. Certain attacks like up smash connect better as a result.

It basically made her just Samus but slightly better lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wow, my copy of Kirby: Planet Robobot as like a 100% savefile on it for some reason lol.

I'm wondering if I should keep it or erase it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Add an Advance Wars nerd as my friend? Ew.

I'll add you when I can fam.
*Advance Wars Chad*:shades:

Whenever you get the chance buddy.
Oh my day was ****ty. My boss was an *******, I cut the palm of my hand with a knife, a truck ran through a puddle as I walked past and soaked me, I slipped on a patch of ice and fell on my ***, I fell again and slid down a hill face first down a hill, I slipped and almost fell 37 times. I’m miserable as hell. ****ing sore as hell and emotionally exhausted from basically crying the whole way home.
Just saw this now. I'm really sorry for you hearing all that. Having all those bad things happen at the same time.

I know what it's like to have a boss who acts demeaning at times so that happening along with what you mention would take on toll on anyone. Just know that me and others are here for you if you want to vent. I suppose that's the least I can do for you hearing all that.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m watching 8 level 9 cpu’s fight. Little Mac got his final smash and caught the other 7, and ko’ed all 7. It was crazy!

D

Deleted member

Because if you ruin this one for me, I'm going to PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale. And you'll be sorry. So think twice before you intentionally SD with your main every match on Elite Smash you ***** *** rat fink.
What's the source of this?

Echo In Name Only:

ok but lucina has a different shield breaker animation

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So 'bout that final boss fight.

Man, phase 1 was the weirdest game of Squid Jump I've ever played!

I like the added detail of the actual real battle of phase 3 of Galeem and Dharkon breaking out unique attacks just to try to wreck each other's cores when they dropped, LOL.

And I'm super duper thankful that deaths from one phase don't carry to another outside of rotating out the character. Definitely needed all three in the final battle and Woomy got wiped by a boss during phase 2.

Normal Difficulty

Inkling/King Dedede/Palutena

Hades(Final Form)/Great Fairy

-All WoL Spirits collected-
-All characters rescued-

-99.67% completion (remaining two objectives are the bad endings)-

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Anyone with a Switch Pro Controller, do they still have the wonky d-pad issues I'd heard about when they were first released? I was thinking of getting one, but I'm not going to drop all that money on a controller if the d-pad isn't going to do what I'm telling it to; I use the d-pad a lot so issues with that would make the thing useless to me.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Anyone with a Switch Pro Controller, do they still have the wonky d-pad issues I'd heard about when they were first released? I was thinking of getting one, but I'm not going to drop all that money on a controller if the d-pad isn't going to do what I'm telling it to; I use the d-pad a lot so issues with that would make the thing useless to me.
I bought a pro controller back in October to play Smash and I have zero issues with it right now, dpad works fine, and so does the rest of the controller. It feels really good.

Do we know if Vision Sliding and I-Shadow are still in? Likely not but since MALLC changed its timing, it might need some testing.
I read somewhere that Vision Sliding was out of the game, but I'm not sure about I-Shadow. It would be funny if Shulk ends up with lots of new wonky Monado Art techs due to the changes lol.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just got Geno's Spirit in Smash Ultimate. Tough, but not impossible luckily.
Yeah, that fight took me a ton of tries but it was obvious from the start it was just a matter of the opponents outdoing me instead of any kind of gimmick and that with persistence and the right team I could achieve victory eventually.

You want a dumb fight, try Judge. THAT thing is half up to chance by design.

D

Deleted member

I bought a pro controller back in October to play Smash and I have zero issues with it right now, dpad works fine, and so does the rest of the controller. It feels really good.

I read somewhere that Vision Sliding was out of the game, but I'm not sure about I-Shadow. It would be funny if Shulk ends up with lots of new wonky Monado Art techs due to the changes lol.
Yeah, makes sense as both of them relied on Smash 4's janky air-to-ground transitions.
Still, Monado Arts gonna be janky as hell due to their unique nature as a move, wondering what else we can get from them.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

If anyone here's wondered why I've been so silent as of late...this should help explain. Been a rough few months that have been absolutely brutal for the past couple weeks.

KMDP

Smash Legend
This game had a bomb soundtrack.

I loved the "Yu-Gi-Oh! Shin Duel Monsters" (i.e. Forbidden Memories and The Duelists of the Roses) soundtracks.
Yeah, that fight took me a ton of tries but it was obvious from the start it was just a matter of the opponents outdoing me instead of any kind of gimmick and that with persistence and the right team I could achieve victory eventually.

I still need to beat Geno, the Boss too. I'm taking a break from WoL, because I was reaching the point where I would have burned out if I continued.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Or Pauline.

**** that fight.

D

Deleted member

Attnetion all Epic FEH Gamers! Feh is in danger and she needs YOUR help. Feh channel is in less than 10 minutes but no one's watching it. To help her, all she needs is your credit card number, the three digits on the back and the expiration month and year. But be quick, because Feh channel is about to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom