• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey, anyone have any recommendations for a battery pack that’s compatible with the Switch?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The best Spirit battle is Alfonzo & Engineer Link because Alfonozo is a Gold Falcon and that's funny

Ivander

Smash Legend
Any spirit battles you found fun? The M.Bison Legend battle was amazing, it really captures the difficulty of fighting the actual M.Bison in SF2. :p
Can't say "The Boss" was fun. A timed Stamina battle with the opponent getting a Defense increase after getting damaged quite a bit, combined with the fact that you need a Poison Immunity Spirit.....yeah, that was hard and not fun, especially after getting snuffed out of wins due to the time limit.

The Trevor Belmont Spirit battle was fun though. And I want to like the Assist Trophy battles more, but the fact that you have to go against both the character and Assist Trophy is especially a pain with the higher rank ones.
Hoo boy, I just made it to the Dr. Wily battle and I can see why it is BS. Thankfully I saw the tip before of using good boi, Lucas.
I used Kirby for the Dr. Wily battle and just kept stoning them.

Chrono.

Well, fair to say that will never happen, but hey we can dream can't we?
Or just have Cloud's attack have slightly more blast and range and I'm good lol.
Interesting how Ultimate Cloud artwork has the same pose as Ike in Brawl.

The last one makes sense when you think about it , or vice versa depending on who you are controlling. Because whenever Popo/Nana get koed, Nana/Popo disappears even still on the field.

That being said, here's a good one

"Turter should be in Smash as a XC2 rep"
I love Xenoblade 2 but man I'm massively turned off from wanting a character from that game now thanks to all the whining.

Would rather have Elma at this point.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The least fun one was the Camilla spirit with Corrin and Charizard and the whole area was poison and x bombs dropped frequently.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey, anyone have any recommendations for a battery pack that’s compatible with the Switch?
Yes, here it is...
If you want a battery bank that is 100% guarantee that won't brick your Switch go for the Nintendo lincened
Go for Anker Powrcore battery pack

If you want a battery pack that can charge your Switch fast, go for ZMI 10 150000 power pack. It supports USB type c to type C charge. So it can also give power to you USB Type C laptop.

Wuff den made a video talking about the official Switch battery packs, and discuss whether they are the only option or not.

If you don't care whether the battery bank will brick your Switch and more about the price, I highly recommend you battery packs from Xiaomi (to be frank Zmi is also the susidary company of Xiaomi)
Here's one I am using the Xiaomi USB type C 10000 battery pack.

It's only around 25-30$, it's that cheap.
I love Xenoblade 2 but man I'm massively turned off from wanting a character from that game now thanks to all the whining.

Would rather have Elma at this point.
I don't see any much whine tbh. If you are talking about disappointment outcry then yeah... But it's understandable.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would love if we got something like this in feh channel. It be such a good marketing idea to promote smash and heroes sales again

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Yes, here it is...
If you want a battery bank that is 100% guarantee that won't brick your Switch go for the Nintendo lincened
Go for Anker Powrcore battery pack

If you want a battery pack that can charge your Switch fast, go for ZMI 10 150000 power pack. It supports USB type c to type C charge. So it can also give power to you USB Type C laptop.

Wuff den made a video talking about the official Switch battery packs, and discuss whether they are the only option or not.

I don't see any much whine tbh. If you are talking about disappointment outcry then yeah... But it's understandable.
Thanks. I’ll read more into them when I have the time.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"I know one of these signs has to tell me how to get to this fighter! I've looked everywhere for where to go!"

The forest treasure is the path to the branded swordsman.
Alright, I didn't get it the first time but maybe I'll check for a path around the treasure chest.

I don't see anything h-"

*jumps inside of the treasure chest*

. . .

"WHAT"

Chrono.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey guys so Shulk got kinda buffed
inb4 this isn't patched out
I had a similar broken glitch earlier but with a different character. I was able to use Simon's recovery indefinitely and I was just able to put people in infinite combos as I rose them past the skybox. I don't know how I did it but I was never able to make it happen again after abusing the **** out of it and winning.

D

Deleted member

I had a similar broken glitch earlier but with a different character. I was able to use Simon's recovery indefinitely and I was just able to put people in infinite combos as I rose them past the skybox. I don't know how I did it but I was never able to make it happen again after abusing the **** out of it and winning.
Nah, that's not a glitch, that's just how Super Jump worked back in SotN. Prolly leftover data or smth.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man Lucas makes stamina battles so cheap. He can just absorb projectiles and get infinite stamina

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And yet Ness and Mii Gunner are trash in stamina?
I don’t have either in wol atm.

And I’ve always preferred lukas, mainly because I think he controls better and I’ve never really played miis

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We knew Pit had the best Star KO scream back when they mentioned it at E3, though.
We had to give the others a chance first...even gave Japanese Pit a chance before he failed to God Tier Pit
I had no idea this was a thing.

jeez...pretty much every heroic man who isn’t in a relationship wants to get with Zelda...except :ultdarkpit:
Only weirdos stack the echoes.
Good thing I was already a weirdo
what does roy say or is his dub scream just funny
Roy screams like he’s being tortured to hell...which is hilarious

Chrono.

Can I just say, I am loving how the 3DS stages were touched up here.

N's Castle went from one of the ugliest stages to look at to one of the best.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey guys so Shulk got kinda buffed
inb4 this isn't patched out
What actually happened here is that Shulk remembered he can equip gems boost his stats. Now if only he had a Xenoblade Spike

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Since I've unlocked all the characters and played through a lot of them so far, here are some of my impressions. For obvious reasons I'm not giving impressions on everyone, just a few (relatively speaking)...

:ultlink:-Already showing he'll still be my best character cuz he's got so many mix-ups and trap set-ups with his bombs. His neutral is easily the best it's ever been, and the added ground movement has really helped his game. I'm currently chipping away at WoL since I already unlocked everyone, but I am definitely eager to get to labbing this character to see what he's got up his sleeves.

:ultroy:-I have to say I love this character so far. Possibly be my number 2 in this game, based on my initial impressions. Very fast footwork and a much stronger neutral game. Still retains a lot of his throw combo and kill set-ups. Can kill very early if you get the sweetspot. Would say I very much prefer him over Chrom cuz his recovery is far better than Chrom's and Roy I feel gets more off of both his sweetspots and sourspots in terms of both combo and kill options.

:ultzss:-Her lack of reliable grab follow-ups are quite a blow to her game tbh. I'm not going to make the decision to drop her just yet, at least not without trying to figure out her actual gameplan in this game. But the risk/reward ratio feels a bit less rewarding at the moment. She still has some tools that could be useful. As of now I'm not as impressed as I was with her in Smash 4.

:ultcloud:-Noticable difference on a lot of his aerials, but seems to have a very solid game overall regardless. The Limit timer so far hasn't really played much of a detriment, though I can see potentially some characters just playing keep away if he gets it, especially given Cloud players will likely want to take advantage of it when they have it.

:ultzelda:-Definitely enjoying how she feels this time around, I like that her specials just overall are so much more useful. She's also got the rapid jab which is SOOO much better. May be a higher pick for me once I get to singling who else I'll be using.

:ultinkling:-Definitely enjoyed Inkling a lot, and I can see they have some really good potential. Need to still get the hang of them sine they are new, but a lot of their stuff can make for some really interesting set-ups methinks.

:ultridley:-There may be something to him, however he does play like a heavy, which I normally only play for fun, and like most heavies he does suffer from being pretty sluggish at times. Still fun to play overall and there may be some tech that could make him a really fun character to play. His four direction upB isn't the greatest, but it seems with his side B and multiple jumps he can make it back to stage most of the time when he needs to.

:ultkrool:-Was a lot more fun than I anticipated. His super armour makes approaching a lot easier compared to other heavies with attacks like dash attack and nair, while at the same time he's got projectiles to force the opponent to approach him as well. His recovery is really good which gives him a much better off-stage game compared to other haevy characters since he can go pretty deep and still make it back relatively safely.

:ultsamus::ultdarksamus:-They've got some good things about them and they got some bad things about them. We'll see for sure after putting in more time with them, but I do hope that some positive changes come to them cuz WHY DO THEIR JABS STILL SUCK!? SAMUS WAS HERE SINCE 64 AND SHE CAN'T GET A DECENT JAB WTH!? That said I've found some pretty good uses for the new Super Missile delay and even though it doesn't lead into combos dash attack makes for a decent kill option. Their throws also seem to be a fair bit more potent than before as well, which is especially good since they seem to have less delay on their tether.

:ultsimon::ultrichter:-They definitely have a lot of potential. Serious zoning and spacing, capable of essentially building a wall. Not particularly good in disadvantage and can't really handle too much pressure. Could be fun to mess around with on the side.

:ultmarth::ultlucina:-Pretty frikking good characters right now. They can still pull off a lot of their strings although the jab 1 doesn't seem as useful as it was before. Lucina is usually my pick, however Marth is currently putting in work in WoL since he's pretty much my best character I've gotten so far in the mode.

:ultfalco:-Still doesn't quite feel as good as he did in Melee/Brawl but he's definitely a lot better than Smash 4 Falco. After getting used to how he plays I might pick him up again but for now he's sort of on the sidelines compared to many other characters.

:ultincineroar:-Not as bad as I initially thought after actually playing him. His recovery can be mixed up at least and his Lariat and Side B can be used for decent approaching, but I can still see him struggling to keep up with certain characters especially when he's in disadvantage.

:ultwolf:-Pretty decent neutral game, his attacks may not have as much range as they did in Brawl, but they still pack a punch. His recovery is still pretty bad, although it's a bit better than it was before. His blaster is actually a pretty good harassment tool as it's fairly safe even if done up close.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man going through world of light with isabelle just handling the steel diver is so fun.

It’s hilarious to watch such a pacifist type charcters decimate with what’s essentially a gun.

The fishing pole is so good too. And I like the ways you can bait with lloid

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
HAHAHAHAHAH

Man, these tutor characters just keep being fun surprises!

I just found Kraid and he talks to the player by speaking in growls and roars while the game translates his intent in hilarious confusion.
3.png

Ridley: "Please...don't tell me that the jerk Hand REALLY thought it was a good idea to give you a position as "tutor" rather than to the literal hyper intelligent (and yet at the same time hyper stupid) GIANT Brain AI."

Kraid: "He did! Isn't that amazing? He really appreciated the fact that I wanted to contribute more to the battlefield than by just spinning it around all day!"

Ridley: *Facepalms*

Kraid: "Huh? Is something wrong, Ridley?"

Ridley: "It's nothing, Kraid! Just...just don't bring up the fact that we used to be "comrades", okay?...as if my reputation wasn't damaged enough....Why me?!"

Just a REALLY quick doodle before I go to sleep. xD I had to.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Beat an area with a specific gimmick so now I'm gonna clean up all the Spirits I skipped because of it on the walk back.

Medusa upgrades nicely, goes from a two star of her classic appearance to a four star of her Uprising one with the Giant status effect built in.

Still noticeably has a type triangle weakness to Hades though hahahahahahahah

D

Deleted member

Melty Blood has a really kick ass soundtrack
Imagine starting a fight and this track begins to play

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"From the producer of The Fast and Furious"
Oh good, it's just a joke
I really hope this is lol.
Melty Blood has a really kick *** soundtrack
Imagine starting a fight and this track begins to play
I'm not too familiar with Melty Blood series (My sis does though), I saw my bros play the Melty Blood fighting game on the PS2 (I aware I have mention this before)... I can only say that soundtrack is so jazzy and awesome that it fits in Skullgirls.

Gosh Nintendo Switch's 2019 lineup is going to be even more stellar than not only just 2018 but even 2017 in my opinion... speaking of 2018...

Here's my overall run down on Nintendo Switch 2018 lineup, please understand that I have not bought ALL of the games I wanted to buy that were released in 2018.
If you are a first party main, 2018 was pretty a mixed bag, if you are more of a "graphic and western third party demand" dude well 2018 doesn't look too shabby (That being said I still think Switch isn't for those kind of people in the first place), sure you have ports like Crash N Sane Trilogy (While expected but hey it is there and it is good on the Switch), South Park Fractured But Whole, Undertale, Wolfenstein II, Diabllo III, and War Frame

If being an Indie fav, the lineup is just as good as last year...

If you are a JRPG fan, anime fan and Japan third party fan, this year's Switch lineup was basically in heavens, because not only Switch gets ton of JRPGs like XC2 Torna DLC, Octopath Traveler, VC1 and VC4, Dragon Quest Builders, Shining Resonance Refrain, Ys VIII etc... you also got fighting games like BBCTB, SNG Heroines, and Dragonball FighterZ (I don't even need to put Ultimate here and it's just that good)

Nintendo Online Service is trash besides of Cloud Backup, not gonna even talk about this because this is just beating a dead horse at this point...

So I'll have to somewhat admit that 2018 doesn't have that much "heavy" hitter compare to last year, but it wasn't as that "lackluster" as how some naysayers try to say. At the end of the day, as long as there is games I want on Switch I am good.

I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on Switch's 2018, were you satisfied with the console's game lineup this year? What other things you hope that can be better this year?

Side Note:
I know this have been a request from us for a long time, but here's why I think 2019 is the year that Overwatch should come to Nintendo Switch:
I know this is completely unrelated, but since Blizzard is going to focus more on mobile platform even more and believe it or not Switch IS somewhat a popular gaming home console in Mainland China. If Blizzard wants to lower down the rage a bit from fans then they should start to port their classic hitter like Warcraft, Heros of the Storm, and last but not least Overwatch on Nintendo Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom