• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Hey what’s up, dude.
Finals are packing up in about two weeks and I'm starting now to stay on top of everything. Assignments wise, I'm getting all of that **** over with tonight so I can carry on.

Hope I don't have to pull an all-nighter but it's probably likely I will anyway.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So this is how the stacked roster looks like.

I'm not a fan of the black borders.
I'm like 99% sure the reason this option was given was to shoot down the criticism of "echoes just needlessly bloat the character select screen".

Somehow I've still seen people making that complaint even though it doesn't make any sense anymore, but it was still a noble effort on the developer's part. I'm probably going to keep it separated, like most people actually seem to.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of connections to our usernames, I have a story.

So there are a bunch of stray cats by where I live, and each year it gets pretty cold here, so a few years back we built a trap door in the floor of our otherwise-enclosed porch. On colder nights we open it so the strays can come in, have a bite to eat, and keep warm. And no, Kathy, I don't care that that's against the community bylaws, everyone knows you just hate cats and no one here actually likes you anyway.

So anyway, for the past few years we've only gotten cats and this one really fat raccoon who occasionally comes to mooch off of us, but as of a few nights ago this adorable opossum started showing up. One night I caught it sleeping in one of my laundry baskets because I forgot to take it out of the porch and it was, like, lethally cute. Anywho, last night the little guy showed up again and it doesn't seem as skittish as some of the strays do, or even other opossums, and even let's me get decently close to it. Of course, having been on the receiving end of wild animal bites in the past, obviously I'm not getting too close, but the two of us have some sort of mutual respect for each other and that's really neat. I think the dude has fleas though since it has some sort of hair loss near its butt, and that's usually from stress or fleas. Definitely not mange, from the looks of it. Originally, I thought it was just an old timer, but it has a decently youngish face.

Still don't know what to name him though. I'm only assuming it's a male due to size reasons, too, so I'll give it a gender neutral name. I still don't think John Newman the cat appreciates the name I gave her.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Still don't know what to name him though. I'm only assuming it's a male due to size reasons, too, so I'll give it a gender neutral name. I still don't think John Newman the cat appreciates the name I gave her.
Name him Chrom. If it turns out to actually be female you can just say it's short for "Chromantha".

Chrono.

There's a sequel? I liked that game but I found it's humour rather flat. Cause like, come on. "Dashing Derp Derp" is an embarrassing name for a special move
It was very 2011 in humor for a game released in 2013.

I hear 2 is a better game all around though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I like this order more...hides Pittoo and keeps Pit next to Zamus and under Zelda, reminds me of how lonely Sonic is, and has the Capcom boys together

D

Deleted member

Rest in peace, Stephen Hillenburg. Spongebob is my favorite T.V show no matter what. He is a good man and his legacy will live on forever.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Speaking of connections to our usernames, I have a story.
I don't. I made this name when I was like 12 for my Minecraft account. It was between tehponycorn or Gforce77, and I didn't want to carry around a username that could be mistaken for Disney's really bad gerbil spy movie. It wasn't inspired by My Little Pony despite what you might believe (though I did watch the show in the 7th into 8th grade before promptly growing out of it), but I honestly forget how I even came up with it.

More recently I've been switching some of my usernames to Daybreak, or some variation on it for the purposes of making it unique, and that has some meaning, but that's not my username here so I'm not talking.

:p

Chrono.

Can I just say how frustrating it is that, despite the overall high quality of the franchise in general, that the music in Dragon Quest is so mind bogglingly boring.

And I'm not even just talking about how the games tend to get low quality MIDIs because the composer is a gigantic **** head (among other things,) it's just that the compositions themselves are nothing exciting. It's stuff that sounds like stock trailer music. But on top of that, DQ games tend to go for a really minimalist/traditional approach to it's soundtrack so there's only like 8 themes in each game. A dungeon theme, a battle theme, a boss theme, an overworld theme, a final boss theme, etc... Which means you're gonna be hearing a couple of those themes A LOT in what usually are 60-100 hour games, it's maddening.

D

Deleted member

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven
I saw your post you made on Monday, I am sure you are doing a great job on taking care of her and I hope she starts to feel better. Stay strong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't. I made this name when I was like 12 for my Minecraft account. It was between tehponycorn or Gforce77, and I didn't want to carry around a username that could be mistaken for Disney's really bad gerbil spy movie. It wasn't inspired by My Little Pony despite what you might believe (though I did watch the show in the 7th into 8th grade before promptly growing out of it), but I honestly forget how I even came up with it.

More recently I've been switching some of my usernames to Daybreak, or some variation on it for the purposes of making it unique, and that has some meaning, but that's not my username here so I'm not talking.

:p
I remembered G-Force was a thing thanks to this post. I hope you're happy. :p

Chrono.

Hey apparently KH3 leaked on 4chan or something.

Z25 Z25 might know something about it but I'm not touching KH leaks with a 20 feet pole.

D

Deleted member

I came back here for a bit because of Jojalole Jojalole .

I just want to say I hope you all are having a good time.

I can play Smash Ultimate in nine days, I am so excited!

Bye folks. If you want to talk to me then use Discord.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
lol Bethesda.
Holding faith for TES6 and Starfield is a very hard thing to do in these '76 times.

D

Deleted member

PS:
Yesterday, I bought the Deltarune soundtrack. I am listening to Field of Hopes and Dreams right now. So many fantastic songs! You all should buy the soundtrack, it is phenomenal.

Bye for reals. :3

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If a Bravely Third happens I’d want the party to be Ringabel, Magnolia and Deneb. The 4th being Praline because of major bias. lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
How does one even play Ryu?

"Uh-oh, I'm off stage. Better do a True Shuryuken to recover!"

*Does a u-air*

*Dies*

Maybe that's what I get for practicing on 3DS.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

It'll never stop being funny to me that they made a clone from a semi-clone of another character.

They should be even more Meta about it and have I dunno Leif be a clone of :ultchrom:who's an Echo of :ultroy:who's an semi-clone of :ultmarth:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can I just say how frustrating it is that, despite the overall high quality of the franchise in general, that the music in Dragon Quest is so mind bogglingly boring.

And I'm not even just talking about how the games tend to get low quality MIDIs because the composer is a gigantic **** head (among other things,) it's just that the compositions themselves are nothing exciting. It's stuff that sounds like stock trailer music. But on top of that, DQ games tend to go for a really minimalist/traditional approach to it's soundtrack so there's only like 8 themes in each game. A dungeon theme, a battle theme, a boss theme, an overworld theme, a final boss theme, etc... Which means you're gonna be hearing a couple of those themes A LOT in what usually are 60-100 hour games, it's maddening.
I don't really listen to DQ music, but I guess that alone goes to show you have a point. Because while I haven't played a ton of Castlevania outside of getting bopped in the first one, I DO remember a lot of it's music. Like SotN's heavy rock songs to spruce up a normally gothic OST. And Simon's CV4 theme being one of the best period.

I have this problem with most Superhero media as of the last 5 or 6 years. Games like Maximum Carnage, Separation Anxiety, Spider-Man PS1, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man: Enter Electro, X-Men Arcade, X-Men: CotA, Mutant Apocalypse all have some DAMN GOOD muisc. Not to mention all the of the Marvel vs Capcom tracks from 1 to Ultimate 3. The music was memorable, and usually fit the characters and series that surrounded it.

But lately most Superhero games are this bland cinematic score, that doesn't fit the attitude of the characters. Spider-Man's this trash talking, high flying, 20-something and usually upbeat dude. He should have music that fits who he is as a person. Marvel Infinite was the worst offender of replacing almost all the good music with blander themes. Somehow Ghost Rider made it out with a dank theme song.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guacamelee seems like a really fun game. Even if it has some dated meme humor. There's plenty of 90's platformers that had dated styles of humor or attitude, but don't nearly the same level of polish or nice artwork to make up for those flaws.

I came back here for a bit because of Jojalole Jojalole .

I just want to say I hope you all are having a good time.

I can play Smash Ultimate in nine days, I am so excited!

Bye folks. If you want to talk to me then use Discord.
Aight, take care and see you when the game drops.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>"LeggingsMythra" has too many characters to be used as nickname in FEH

Time to uninstall

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How does one even play Ryu?

"Uh-oh, I'm off stage. Better do a True Shuryuken to recover!"

*Does a u-air*

*Dies*

Maybe that's what I get for practicing on 3DS.
Well, depends on the situation. Usually, I found a standard SRK to be high enough to do the job. But you can use a Tatsu to cover the horizontal range you need too.

What I have a problem with is the FADC in mid-air, then using an alternate recovery move. There's situations where you can use it, but I'm not good at capitalizing them.

>"LeggingsMythra" has too many characters to be used as nickname in FEH

Time to uninstall
Gotta change your username then. Since you've been about that thirst life for a while. Because I think more people know you as Mythra than they do as Mandala.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Obviously, put it in a spoiler, but let me know if Goofy ever acknowledges his son in Kingdom Hearts. There's too many jokes to pass up if that ends up happening.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey apparently KH3 leaked on 4chan or something.

Z25 Z25 might know something about it but I'm not touching KH leaks with a 20 feet pole.
I haven’t seen anything on it. I’m tempted to look but I don’t want to be spoiled at the same time...

Although if there’s new world from Disney films I might look.
Guess this is what we get for playing Ultimate before it's release date
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Kids like us shouldn't be playing Smash yet huh?
Megalovania intensifies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom