• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So let’s go has a new shiny hunting method.

If you continually catch something and get to a chain of 31 from catching the same Pokémon that many times, you get a much higher chance to find it shiny.

You can’t catch anything else or the chain breaks but if you encounter anything and run your chain will be the same

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mentioned the American version of the Pokémon opening being a reversal of the Japanese version, they still use mostly the same shots, but in a different order.

The Digimon anime, besides using a different song (a way different song) is actually surprisingly faithful to the original opening, it moves a few shots but mostly plays in the same order. (Japanese, American)
Butterfly, Digimon's Japanese opening, is one of the best anime songs ever and you can't change my mind.
Dragon Ball Z's Western opening (Rock the Dragon), doesn't even bother, almost all of it's shots are from the movies, only including the most badass shots from the Japanese opening. (Japanese, American)
I've always kind of loved that Cha-La Head-Cha-La contains the line "my heart pounds", using the word "mune" (chest) for "heart" and shows a shot of Bulma's breasts. It also contains the line "The mountains even look like butts!". It's not even remotely a serious song.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am going to play For Glory as mostly Roy. Have fun you all.
So let’s go has a new shiny hunting method.

If you continually catch something and get to a chain of 31 from catching the same Pokémon that many times, you get a much higher chance to find it shiny.

You can’t catch anything else or the chain breaks but if you encounter anything and run your chain will be the same
Expensive, but very easy.
Also I will totally try to shiny hunt at least once in Let's Go.
Speaking of Shiny hunting, I really should keep on trying in Diamond. I want that shiny Chimchar. I also have Heart Gold, but let's get the harder one over with.
Coricus Coricus if you ever want a new avatar, this fits perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I mentioned the American version of the Pokémon opening being a reversal of the Japanese version, they still use mostly the same shots, but in a different order.

The Digimon anime, besides using a different song (a way different song) is actually surprisingly faithful to the original opening, it moves a few shots butmostly plays in the same order. (Japanese, American)
Butterfly, Digimon's Japanese opening, is one of the best anime songs ever and you can't change my mind.
Dragon Ball Z's Western opening (Rock the Dragon), doesn't even bother, almost all of it's shots are from the movies, only including the most badass shots from the Japanese opening. (Japanese, American)
I've always kind of loved that Cha-La Head-Cha-La contains the line "my heart pounds", using the word "mune" (chest) for "heart" and shows a shot of Bulma's breasts. It also contains the line "The mountains even look like butts!". It's not even remotely a serious song.
More trivia: The Pokemon Johto League Champions intro is almost entirely composed of unique animation, with only a couple scenes taken from Japanese openings or episodes.

So far it's the only dub intro to use it's own footage rather than stock ones.

KMDP

Smash Legend
More trivia: The Pokemon Johto League Champions intro is almost entirely composed of unique animation, with only a couple scenes taken from Japanese openings or episodes.

That's actually really interesting. I didn't know that.

Chrono.

Sony won't be at E3 next year. They're not holding a conference or anything of the sort.

They're definitely gearing up for a PS5 reveal at PSX 2019 (
Squeenix let the beans spill anyway.)

Either that or they realized they can't show God of War and Spider-Man anymore.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Either that or they realized they can't show God of War and Spider-Man anymore.
Sony Employee: So, now that we've released God of War and Spider-Man, what are we going to show at next year's E3?
Sony Executive: ...****! We don't have anything in the pipeline!

Chrono.

Sony Employee: So, now that we've released God of War and Spider-Man, what are we going to show at next year's E3?
Sony Executive: ...****! We don't have anything in the pipeline!
They do have TLOU2 there and with the hype that game's getting they could probably get away with a TLOU2 only showing lol.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Watching more LGPE videos
>Sees Weezing hit by an Earthquake
>Pause in disgust and confusion

I just noticed abilities are also gone:079: :080::199:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Reminder that of the big announcements at Sony's E3 2015 (That's Shenmue 3, Last Guardian and FF7R), only one of those is out.
Maybe uhh... maybe don't blow your load so early like that Sony. But hindsight's a thing I guess, not Sony's fault that SE have major issues with managing development.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
>Watching more LGPE videos
>Sees Weezing hit by an Earthquake
>Pause in disgust and confusion

I just noticed abilities are also gone:079::080::199:
- Abilities are gone
Okay it keeps Zard Y with the buffed Solarbeam and Mega Khan in check
- Weezing gets hit hard by it

D

Deleted member

The removal of Abilities and Held Items bugs me a bit, it is going to make battles less fun and less varied.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

That 4th intro from the PKMN anime was by far the best. Especially with the shots of the Gym Leaders and all.

4Kids did a lot of things wrong but their intros were lit.
I love how well Ray did Roy for Smash. I’m glad they finally made him and Marth in English
And yet Cloud is still speaking Japanese.

Imagine that. Smash Bros with English Marth & Roy but Japanese Cloud. I think he's the only character who speaks Japanese in the English version.

Chrono.

Reminder that of the big announcements at Sony's E3 2015 (That's Shenmue 3, Last Guardian and FF7R), only one of those is out.
Maybe uhh... maybe don't blow your load so early like that Sony. But hindsight's a thing I guess, not Sony's fault that SE have major issues with managing development.

I can give Shenmue 3 some slack since the dev team is small and they've been steadily giving updates to backers I hear.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That 4th intro from the PKMN anime was by far the best. Especially with the shots of the Gym Leaders and all.

4Kids did a lot of things wrong but their intros were lit.

And yet Cloud is still speaking Japanese.

Imagine that. Smash Bros with English Marth & Roy but Japanese Cloud. I think he's the only character who speaks Japanese in the English version.
Yeah but unless they got a different VA he has to be in Japanese

Ivander

Smash Legend
What is this "Mewtwo Gang", exactly? I don't understand...
There's no "Mewtwo Gang" nor is there any particular gang in general. It's basically a meme that goes, "Imagine *insert opposite of what happened to subject*. This post was made by the _______ Gang." So basically, an example would be like, "Imagine Not getting into Smash Bros. This post was made by the Piranha Plant Gang."

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I can give Shenmue 3 some slack since the dev team is small and they've been steadily giving updates to backers I hear.
True.
It's something Sony have been really guilty of and it's finally caught up to them.
And honestly anchoring major reveals to one or two dates in the year is pretty boring, can definitely see them taking the Nintendo Direct/Inside Xbox format so they can have stuff more frequently

D

Deleted member

Imagine being Shisho.

This post was made by Alucard gang.

Also I confused this meme with the gang weed meme for a sec.

D

Deleted member

Interesting video I must say.
Imagine not drawing maps.

This post was made by the Etrian Odyssey gang.
Imagine making maps by simply using nine squares on a table.

This post was made by the Minecraft gang.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Imagine being a legendary yet the majority and not having fabulous blue hair. 473437373.png

This post was made by the Shiny Legendary gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom