• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Electric Tale of Pikachu was a bloody mess. The writer was straight outta the woodwork when they wrote it and their appeal to Misty was... Yeah it happened.

But despite the hentai-scented ink/virgin waft, it had the best Meowth design out of all of the original mangas.

If Meowth looked like this today, it would of been my damn near favorite Pokémon.
Aurane confirmed weeb who likes anime catgirls

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Reggie with the highest IQ strat (Link to the rest of the interview)
Reggie said:
"I'm focused right now on playing Ridley," Fils-Aimé said, referencing one of the brand new characters coming to Smash. "My strategy is simple. It is a well-known fact that I am not a very good Super Smash Bros. player, and so my focus is I'm going to keep practicing as Ridley so that at 12:01, the morning of the 7th, I can be the very best Ridley player for a very short period of time. That's my strategy."
Don't tell him that the strategy is flawed already since people have played the demo, let the man dream

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"C'mon, Electric Tale of Pikachu couldn't have been this bad, you guys have to be exaggerating it."
*Googles it*
7d64d543-003d-44fe-baf2-c3893c374686~2.png

I don't think I've ever seen something that so perfectly describes what "horny" means.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Dragon Quest Builders is a better Minecraft than Minecraft will ever be.
Yes!

And Builders 2 is gonna be great!
Hell yeah.
And oh yikes, that reminds me to get these two games... but first I have to finish the DQ Builders demo first.

Now, let me once again bring up about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 NOT being nominated to the Game Awards at all because... things has gotten a bit interesting.

According to RPG Site on Twitter, it is said that XC2 was too early for Game Awards 2018 to be nominated, this means either they've once again changed the nominee date rules this year, or they are simply showing double standards since well... FF XV was nominated last year's Game Awards (And didn't win any, no surprise there).
If you check Geoff Keighly's Tweet about Game Awards' nominees were positive, well...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm actually a bit stoked to see many complain about XC2 not being nominated since well, XC2 is fairly niche outside of Switch community or even the JRPG community. I have seen many legit complaints, and obviously a couple of bad ones. I currently have no comment on this for now.

I made my opinion when it comes to this INITIALLY, I was obviously disappointed, even furious to some extent. However as time goes on and how I look at the entire nominee on the categories which XC2 SHOULD have be nominated. I have different take on this:
  • I have used to mention that I am a self-claimed Xenoblade/Monolithsoft fanboy. That being said, while I am disappointed, I am actually not salty whatsoever and rant about this. Let me explain...
  • Game Awards nominee selection have always been a bit sketchy, not saying it is flawed or anything, what I mean by this is that the nominees are often related to business, marketing, platform and popularity etc... so while XC2 is a game worthy to be nominated but when to put platform marketing and the popularity into consideration... I am not that surprised that XC2 wasn't nominated. With Octopath Traveler already in, with XC2, even with DLC Game, I think it is a bit too much.
  • Yes,I know, last year you have Odyssey and Botw in GOTY, but I think that was a special case, and I bet Game Awards already aware that putting two Switch exclusive JRPGs in the Best RPG section, will be unfair to other platforms and will once again cause a "civil war" among Switch community similar to last year lol.
  • I do agree XC2 should have nominated for the Best Score/Music, I haven't really check out Spiderman's OST tbh but for me that should be replace with XC2.
  • And no, I don't think Game Awards is reluctant to nominating anime style games, because to be fair, there isn't much good and popular anime games for the west. I have saw people crapping XC2 not being nominated due to it being anime and too many waifus, but I think that's just the minority and you have games like Octopath Traveler, Valkyria Chronicles 4, and Ni no Kuni II in...
  • Also XC2 has already won Famitsu excellence rewards, so while it is a shame XC2 doesn't get any big wards this year (Even the Torna DLC), it has already getting many praises among medias and obviously us.
  • I have mentioned that other Switch JRPGs, like Octopath Traveler, and VC4 in Game Awards, and yes I actually think they deserved to be in even more than XC2. Because they are 2018 games, and these games are awesome. And I really hope Octopath Traveler and VC4 can win the awards, especially the Best Art Direction when it comes to Octopath Traveler.
  • Anyone who ****s on other game nominees, especially Octopath Traveler when ranting on XC2 being absent, are idiots, period.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have to show you all of this.
lol god damn
Dragon Quest Builders is a better Minecraft than Minecraft will ever be.
Yes!

And Builders 2 is gonna be great!
you two are god damn right

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hell yeah.
And oh yikes, that reminds me to get these two games... but first I have to finish the DQ Builders demo first.

Now, let me once again bring up about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 NOT being nominated to the Game Awards at all because... things has gotten a bit interesting.

According to RPG Site on Twitter, it is said that XC2 was too early for Game Awards 2018 to be nominated, this means either they've once again changed the nominee date rules this year, or they are simply showing double standards since well... FF XV was nominated last year's Game Awards (And didn't win any, no surprise there).
If you check Geoff Keighly's Tweet about Game Awards' nominees were positive, well...
I'm actually a bit stoked to see many complain about XC2 not being nominated since well, XC2 is fairly niche outside of Switch community or even the JRPG community. I have seen many legit complaints, and obviously a couple of bad ones. I currently have no comment on this for now.

I made my opinion when it comes to this INITIALLY, I was obviously disappointed, even furious to some extent. However as time goes on and how I look at the entire nominee on the categories which XC2 SHOULD have be nominated. I have different take on this:
  • I have used to mention that I am a self-claimed Xenoblade/Monolithsoft fanboy. That being said, while I am disappointed, I am actually not salty whatsoever and rant about this. Let me explain...
  • Game Awards nominee selection have always been a bit sketchy, not saying it is flawed or anything, what I mean by this is that the nominees are often related to business, marketing, platform and popularity etc... so while XC2 is a game worthy to be nominated but when to put platform marketing and the popularity into consideration... I am not that surprised that XC2 wasn't nominated. With Octopath Traveler already in, with XC2, even with DLC Game, I think it is a bit too much.
  • Yes,I know, last year you have Odyssey and Botw in GOTY, but I think that was a special case, and I bet Game Awards already aware that putting two Switch exclusive JRPGs in the Best RPG section, will be unfair to other platforms and will once again cause a "civil war" among Switch community similar to last year lol.
  • I do agree XC2 should have nominated for the Best Score/Music, I haven't really check out Spiderman's OST tbh but for me that should be replace with XC2.
  • And no, I don't think Game Awards is reluctant to nominating anime style games, because to be fair, there isn't much good and popular anime games for the west. I have saw people crapping XC2 not being nominated due to it being anime and too many waifus, but I think that's just the minority and you have games like Octopath Traveler, Valkyria Chronicles 4, and Ni no Kuni II in...
  • Also XC2 has already won Famitsu excellence rewards, so while it is a shame XC2 doesn't get any big wards this year (Even the Torna DLC), it has already getting many praises among medias and obviously us.
  • I have mentioned that other Switch JRPGs, like Octopath Traveler, and VC4 in Game Awards, and yes I actually think they deserved to be in even more than XC2. Because they are 2018 games, and these games are awesome. And I really hope Octopath Traveler and VC4 can win the awards, especially the Best Art Direction when it comes to Octopath Traveler.
  • Anyone who ****s on other game nominees, especially Octopath Traveler when ranting on XC2 being absent, are idiots, period.
They don’t seem to have done that great in certain award nominations this years

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Now that is a club I wanna be in.
I sleeped for like 1 hour and I wake up to this masterpiece.

Truly a sign that this day will end on a good note.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And then we build up to an Avengers style Smash Bros. Movie. Oooh it's so good.

And, Rhonda Rousey? Wasnt that her? Can she actually act?
If you want the Metroid movie to bomb then she can be cast as Samus.

I’d rather someone that can act and is attractive be Samus.

Chrono.

I remember reading Electric Tale of Pikachu years ago and I only recall two things:
- The extremely disturbing amount of male gaze with Misty (it got toned down in the official English translation but it wasn't enough)
- Ritchie's Charizard absolutely destroying Ash's Charizard till it was a gross looking bloody pulp

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The only good thing about the Electric Tale of Pikachu was Jessie and James getting married and forming a happy family.

View attachment 177978

I don't know whether to find that amusing or insulting considering there is a 21 year old ongoing manga to take influence from. I think I'm just happy she's getting a lot of attention this year after being shafted in Sun/Moon. RIP Kris
I was about to ask you about it about her personality.
I know she's cunning and likes to tease and lie but I don't remember her being obsessive.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only good thing about the Electric Tale of Pikachu was Jessie and James getting married and forming a happy family.
Why they didnt make that anime canon, idk. It would of been great
Verde is the sole reason that could convince to buy this bloody game
>You get to Cerulean Cave
>Catch Mewtwo
>Turns out Green was going to catch it first but you beat her
>She gets salty af
>*battle*
>After beating her she tries to catch the player, with Pokéballs thrown at you and ****
>Dis psycho ***** wants to own you for real
>After that you can find her again and she'll insist on making you her's
>She apparently stalks you and throws even more Pokéballs at you
View attachment 177970
IIIII UH dont think this is a good character

Last edited:

Chrono.

I know she's cunning and likes to tease and lie but I don't remember her being obsessive.
She isn't, she was pretty much Pokemon's version of Black Cat from Spider-man. Or at least a toned down version. She's a notorious con artist, isn't afraid to fight dirty and played both sides a lot before finally settling for the good guys.

She was also the most mature and experienced out of the Kanto trio, mostly because she kinda had to be. But that's getting into spoiler territory.

Chrono.

OH ****, the DB Heroes Switch game is actually getting localized.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If you have an issue with Green being obsessive, you will be T-posed into the corner until you start whining for yer mommy. :201t:

Edit: bleh. Bed. BED!

Zzz...

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While I am disappointed that they missed a good opportunity to take from the manga, I do think it's kind of cute to see Game Freak mess around with Pokeballs and that she's not made to be a damsel in distress. I'll save nitpicking until after I play the full game, though they really should have kept her a secret.

She isn't, she was pretty much Pokemon's version of Black Cat from Spider-man. Or at least a toned down version. She's a notorious con artist, isn't afraid to fight dirty and played both sides a lot before finally settling for the good guys.

She was also the most mature and experienced out of the Kanto trio, mostly because she kinda had to be. But that's getting into spoiler territory.
IDK she messes with Sabrina pretty hard during their fight. "spoilers"

Given the diversity of the cast in the manga, Red & Blue (Green) are probably the most stereotypical, but even then they don't suffer from the same resets Ash does at the start of each saga; plus they actually age. Red & Blue are 20 years old and Blue is 21 during ORAS.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
She's basically nothing like she was in the Manga as others mentioned.

Granted Blue was really mischievous and cunning in the RGB arc, she was never potrayed as the crazy, weird type that Let's GO makes her out to be. IDK if Leaf in Let's Go is supposed to reference Blue from the PokeSpe Manga but if it is, it's inaccurate and just a weird off-shoot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom