• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Time to give my thoughts toward the direct.

-I expected Ken and I got to say, he looks nice. He also seems to be a better version of Ryu, as he is a lot faster and can still do the same things as he does.
-Incineroar was a great addition and I already PM'd and tagged GoldenYuiitusin about it. He looks nice in the game and was my starter for Sun and Ultra Sun. Incineroar also looks really nice.
-YESS Organized Online. I appreciate Sakurai's attempt to try to make online less laggy and more organized.
-Elite Battles is something I really want to earn.
-Everyone is crying about the AT deconfirmations, but I really do not care. Never cared for Shadow or Isaac, Spring Man I never cared about either. I am glad Tiki is a AT and she looks cool. Black Knight just warms my heart. I am used to his FEH voice rather than his weird robotic voice and I am glad they gave him his FEH voice. 59 Assist Trophies is fun.
-The loss of trophies did sting a little bit and I hope the Spirits have descriptions. It is all right if it does not, because Spirits is actually a clever idea. Having some obscure character that gives an effect is lovely. I am forgiving and merciful and I will accept that, even if rarely I liked to look through the descriptions of the trophies. I hope Spirits offers more than trophies. Spirits sounds interesting.
-All of the menus and stuff were pretty interesting. It is going to be fun to play around with eleven languages. Where is Hindustani though? That language is very popular, even if the areas in it are not known for playing as much video games as the others. Am I taking this too far?
-World of Light looks like a blend of 3DS's Classic Mode and Subspace Emissary. I am hoping for a lot more cutscenes and character interaction, then it would be perfect. It will be very hard to top Brawl's Subspace Emissary though. There was something about Brawl's that was just... majestic. Still, I am really excited for this. The cutscenes look much better than Brawl's and they have bosses and you can probably bring in customs, so it can potentially top Brawl's Subspace.
-I. LOVE. PIRANHA PLANT. Best surprise character for sure. Time to troll my siblings with it when it comes out. MUST. PLAY. AS. SOON. AS. POSSIBLE!
-I love you Sakurai, thank you Sakurai for all of this hard work. I sure hope you do get a great break.

Direct was a solid 9.5/10.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Only people who misconstrue and exaggerate his feats rate him so highly.

Even going with the logic that he escapes because the Warp Star travels at warp speed while the beams are travelling at the speed of light (which they definitely weren't), there are still other characters who had means of surviving.

Off the top of my head:

:ultlink:: He legit repelled the beams in the trailer itself, the only reason he gets hit is because he randomly loses his footing. Repelling those beams is also consistent with what we already know of Breath of the Wild Link from that game, because it's canon that Link can repel ridiculous amounts of force such as the Guardian beams with even just a pot lid. So Link getting hit was just an arbitrary animation choice. He wouldn't have escaped, but he wouldn't have needed to, since not all of the beams were targeting him and there was a finite amount of them.

:ultsonic:: He's outrun black holes before for an elongated amount of time, and even without that, he has amazing reflexes so he would be capable of side stepping out of the way of all of the beams (you literally side step beams of light all of the time in actual Sonic gameplay). To be fair though, they at least explained this one by having him slow down to try and save Pikachu, so I'm actually OK with it as it's appropriate characterisation. Sonic is an arrogant cocky boi but he has a selfless heart of gold deep down which is the best way to portray him.

:ultrosalina:: Warps on a regular basis, it was literally how she made her entrance in Super Mario Galaxy, warping in alongside a majestic plateau. It was also her dodge animation in Smash Wii U/3DS (which they've changed for Ultimate but that's for balancing reasons). Also, her Smash Wii U/3DS trailer literally featured her outmaneuvering Kirby and knocking him off his Warp Star. Her amiibo bio literally describes her as being capable of "defending the cosmos against any and all threats" and her gown has a literal universe inside of it. If anything, she should have been able to save a few other characters too, at the least.

:ultpalutena:: Also can warp.

Also like I mentioned for Rosalina, Kirby himself should have at least been able to take a couple of more characters with him.

So yeah it's just completely arbitrary Sakurai bias that Kirby is the only one.
Yeah, and Sakurai is making this game, World of Light is base on Smash Bros Ultimate lore...

So with all your long explanation...while I agree Sakurai's biased, I don't think it's something of an arbitrary (And oh boy making quick assumptions again lol) or to complain about.

And I have acknowledged that Sakurai has always been biased, if he isn't, there's wouldn't be many Fire Emblem characters, Sakurai wouldn't specifically mention about Xenoblade 2 contents.
Its not just verge though, we have someone else with info backing him up. Spawnwave also leaked the direct day.

With insiders collaborating on it, Sora is much more likely.

Also if we go off of insiders even more, at the very least the first dlc was planned out quite a lot. I may have dissed the insiders before but they clearly have fully accurate info.

So Sora being in and dlc being planned in advance isn’t a stretch.

Especially third party as they need to get a deal worked out first and foremost. And with evidence suggesting bayo was planned as dlc from the start last game. It wouldn’t be shocking if dlc for this was also planned at the start.

Of corse it can go either way, but I believe the evidence more aligns that future content has already been planned out.

There’s a reason why Sakurai said you’ll have to trust him and he can’t show who the characters are yet. That to me sounded like he full knows whose being planned
I never said it wouldn't Sora lol, I just want to tell you you should take leaks with a grain of salt... and any Square Enix character is possible at this point.

And I have to pop balloon for a bit, just why is Sora? He is partially Disney owned and still hasn't have a main game on Nintendo console (Heck Cloud's FF VII is coming to Switch), so unless this means that we are getting KH III on Switch, I ain't gonna bet on Sora for now.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Help clarify for me: I can get Piranha Plant for free if I just buy the physical copy and do the Gold thing, right? Or do I already need a certain amount and it's only truly free for preorders?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Help clarify for me: I can get Piranha Plant for free if I just buy the physical copy and do the Gold thing, right? Or do I already need a certain amount and it's only truly free for preorders?
If you buy it and register on My Nintendo before a specific date (in January, can't remember off the top of my head), you get him for free.

You don't have to pre-order it, just buy a brand new copy and not a used one.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you buy it and register on My Nintendo before a specific date (in January, can't remember off the top of my head), you get him for free.

Got you. I'm gonna deadass main Piranha Plant if he doesn't stop being good. The only thing that seems to be bad about him is his ground speed.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They already said Piranha is a free or a limited time character... all you have to do is buy the game and wait for the date to come.

Yeah or just download the game on eshop...

Also... is replay being saved in the game automatically saved in Albums? Do you have to convert it to Alums? Or it is only in the game? If so... this means replays won't be video formatted and might end up like how Smash 4 updates ruins your replays... and yeah I know video capture button feature won't clash with the replays since replays only record battles and video capture can capture almost all gameplay but only for 30 seconds too (Suppose they didn't update Switch)

D

Deleted member

How many of you will buy the Season Pass? I'm really not planning on it as I don't like paying for something I don't even know what is. The discount isn't really that worth it as I'm pretty sure there'll be a character I don't really care for so I might just save for one I actually want.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And I have acknowledged that Sakurai has always been biased, if he isn't, there's wouldn't be many Fire Emblem characters, Sakurai wouldn't specifically mention about Xenoblade 2 contents.
A reminder that even Sakurai thought there were a bit too many Fire Emblem characters. Corrin got in because the rest of the Smash team wanted them, alongside the fact that it may have been the only opportunity for Corrin to get in while they were still relevant. Chrom got in because just about everybody frickin' wanted him, especially when he was getting the brunt of the meme stick.
So while it's debatable with Corrin, since Sakurai did consider the team's request for them as it may have been Corrin's only opportunity to get in Smash, you cannot blame him for Chrom, who is definitely in because of the fans.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Super Mario Odyssey is now fully playable in Yuzu emulator.

While there are still some smaller graphical issues to be ironed out and performance still needs to be improved, a major bug that prevented game completion was finally fixed, meaning the game can be played from start to finish without crashes or severe game breaking bugs like before.

I told ya this would happen by the end of the year. Shouldn't be long until they optimise it now.

How many of you will buy the Season Pass? I'm really not planning on it as I don't like paying for something I don't even know what is. The discount isn't really that worth it as I'm pretty sure there'll be a character I don't really care for so I might just save for one I actually want.
I will inevitably get it I think. However, I may hold off until I try out the online play. The modes look great for online but that means nothing if it plays like a laggy slideshow. And I don't want another Dissidia NT situation, where I go all in on the game and get disappointed by the bad online infrastructure, and the single-player is too shallow to play for that long.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm buying it as soon as I get the game because I'm a fanboy who wants access to as much Smash content as possible. Even if there's a character announced that I personally don't have any attachment to or doesn't look that fun to me I still want to give them a fair shot.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I will at least. Smash is one of the few games I have to have every character even if I don't care for some of the new characters.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just saw someone note the similarity between these two images.

Now I need the top image to have the "Let Go" button underneath Incineroar.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario Odyssey is now fully playable in Yuzu emulator.

While there are still some smaller graphical issues to be ironed out and performance still needs to be improved, a major bug that prevented game completion was finally fixed, meaning the game can be played from start to finish without crashes or severe game breaking bugs like before.

I told ya this would happen by the end of the year. Shouldn't be long until they optimise it now.

I will inevitably get it I think. However, I may hold off until I try out the online play. The modes look great for online but that means nothing if it plays like a laggy slideshow. And I don't want another Dissidia NT situation, where I go all in on the game and get disappointed by the bad online infrastructure, and the single-player is too shallow to play for that long.
I really wouldn't call World of Light shallow, that thing looks like it goes really deep, and that's not even accounting character-specific Classic Modes and(hopefully) the return of Stadium modes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m getting it cause it’s more Smash. Even if it’s a character like Bayonetta who I literally never play.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I want a full roster.

Ergo, my path is set.

Besides, they keep throwing curveballs for what I do and don't want. After they were announced I was hyped about Lucas returning and (to a lesser extent) Ryu arriving but both kinda fizzled on me, whereas both Roy and Cloud were surprisingly fun.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I will. One because I want a full roster in general. Two because I already got the majority of my most likely wanted characters, so I'm fine with whatever characters they throw at me by now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In case it couldn't be more obvious btw, Lancer is my new favourite character.

...Well, alright, Raslei come pretty close, and Susie too.

Actually, I like alot of characters in this new game.

But Palutena wanted to protect the two angel boy.

In vain, yeah, but she tried!...

Tho, Sakurai didn't pull any punches for the trio he recreated, like, geez, Pit & Dark Pit got a pretty humiliating death.
Pit has been through worse tbf...but atleast it shows Palutena would rather die knowing Pit (and Pittoo aswell) is alive than to let him die and live knowing she could’ve done something
Palutena can warp, but it has limits which are admittedly kind of unclear. There's a reason she doesn't just teleport Pit to the boss at the start of every KI:U level.

Anyway, I think the real reason Kirby was left as the only survivor is because he's meant to be the most newcomer friendly of the playable cast with his multitude of jumps and intuitive moveset. It was a game design decision as much as it was a story decision.
Palutena was probably unrestricted in Uprising and was given the simple “can’t do this cause game” reason just cause
I'm still having a hard time grasping that a plain jane Piranha Plant got in Smash before Petey Piranha did.
I’m still trying to process Shadow (and Skull Kid) not being playable

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If I get the game, I probably will to get a full roster but Id be less wanting to do it if it wasnt someone I really wanted

tldr: yes but only to get all the characters

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A reminder that even Sakurai thought there were a bit too many Fire Emblem characters. Corrin got in because the rest of the Smash team wanted them, alongside the fact that it may have been the only opportunity for Corrin to get in while they were still relevant. Chrom got in because just about everybody frickin' wanted him, especially when he was getting the brunt of the meme stick.
So while it's debatable with Corrin, since Sakurai did consider the team's request for them as it may have been Corrin's only opportunity to get in Smash, you cannot blame him for Chrom, who is definitely in because of the fans.
Yes, but then again, Lucina and Robin are still the case... and also Roy, and yes of course Sakurai takes popularity into consideration and also from the Smash team, Sakurai has express his fond with FE series, heck in FE 25th anniversary book there's a sole interview column for Sakurai because not only he is a FE fan, he (And Melee team) was the one popularized FE in the west.

Interestingly, Xenoblade is a bit of a similar case, Xenoblade first released in Japan and have limited localization in NA, not much people knew the series, it wasn't until Shulk's inclusion in Smash that popularized the series. Sakurai had played XC2, and XC2 ended up being the best selling XC2 game, so while Rex pretty much is deconfirmed, I can bet that we will get a XC2 DLC rep.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi’s new final smash is great. I love the callback to melee.
Better than his Brawl / Smash 4 one. Yoshi Dragon was barely mentioned ( Besides in SMW ).
Plus, more colored Yoshis running is a reference to not only Melee, but it still references SMW as SMW had a lot of beautiful colors of Yoshis.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It’d be great if the last 2 characters in my top 5 become dlc... but I doubt that since they’re both Square Enix characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, and Sakurai is making this game, World of Light is base on Smash Bros Ultimate lore...

So with all your long explanation...while I agree Sakurai's biased, I don't think it's something of an arbitrary (And oh boy making quick assumptions again lol) or to complain about.

I never said it wouldn't Sora lol, I just want to tell you you should take leaks with a grain of salt... and any Square Enix character is possible at this point.

And I have to pop balloon for a bit, just why is Sora? He is partially Disney owned and still hasn't have a main game on Nintendo console (Heck Cloud's FF VII is coming to Switch), so unless this means that we are getting KH III on Switch, I ain't gonna bet on Sora for now.
Spinoffs or not, Sora is still on the console.

Also I'd argue the "spinoffs" are more important then the main games. They've kept the series alive and are integral to the overall story. Also don''t forget Cloud, he never appeared in a main game and still got in.

Disney also doesn't care. They said if Noumara is cool with it, so are they. Plus its easy money for Square and Disney.

Not to mention Sora is one of the most heavily requested characters and would realistically be prioritized over Geno because he'd print more money as DLC. The entire KH fanbase campaigned hard for him during the ballot and his requests have been there long before.

Sora has plenty going for him. I think in terms of DLC he gets priority over most characters that could be considered in general, and definitely beats geno and a dragon quest character for DLC.

He's a gaming Icon, nothing is really stopping him

D

Deleted member

It is nice to see my like ratio to posts go up. You all are sweethearts. <3

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm still having a hard time grasping that a plain jane Piranha Plant got in Smash before Petey Piranha did.
To be fair petey is also technically in since he protects his child for their final smash

Never speak to him or his son again!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, so how about this? I still do not know the precinct I will be placed in when I work the polls on Tuesday. I will really be pissed off if I miss work because of this. My damn manager has disappeared to God knows where which is causing me massive stress. So****e, I shall retire from this particular thread until I can work this out and become less stressed. Who knows, I may return on Thanksgiving. Love y'all!

And I bet @ShinyLegendary will not miss me giving him likes on some of his posts, either... :rolleyes:

But before I go...

I plan on doing it if I can land that absentee ballot clerk job. Same thing with Soulcalibur 6. If I rightly recall, I spent nearly $50 on Smash 4 DLC.

Sayonara :kirby:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hey guys, I had this weird dream.

First of all, everybody was worshipping the Grinch for some reason, then a smash direct comes around and it turns out that this other guy people were worshipping turned out to be right about Ken and Incineroar, and on top of it all we got a frikkin Piranha Plant as a DLC newcomer!

Imagine how weird it would be if this bizarre dream of mine came true, what a strange world this would turn out to be...

D

Deleted member

Also, Yoshi's final Smash reminds me exactly of that one scene from Lion King, which is why I really like it.

Also Yoshi's final Smash represents SMW more in my opinion.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone love the fact that Lucario gets to keep his Mega Evolution while going back to his old Kamehameha final smash?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm going to allow spirit characters and Mii Fighter costumes on my DLC wishlist. They don't seem to disconfirm anything to me.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yoshi’s new final smash is great. I love the callback to melee.
This reminds me that Smash Ultimate got to have a special opening cutscene like Melee.
Also I'd argue the "spinoffs" are more important then the main games. They've kept the series alive and are integral to the overall story. Also don''t forget Cloud, he never appeared in a main game and still got in.
I did being a bit more a stretch there where FF VII is coming to Switch. So hey, you can't mention Cloud anymore on that lol.
Disney also doesn't care. They said if Noumara is cool with it, so are they. Plus its easy money for Square and Disney.

Not to mention Sora is one of the most heavily requested characters and would realistically be prioritized over Geno because he'd print more money as DLC. The entire KH fanbase campaigned hard for him during the ballot and his requests have been there long before.

Sora has plenty going for him. I think in terms of DLC he gets priority over most characters that could be considered in general, and definitely beats geno and a dragon quest character for DLC.

He's a gaming Icon, nothing is really stopping him
You can't say for sure if Disney doesn't really care or not... like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced KH game on Switch and then confirm Sora in Smash. Otherwise, any character from Square Enix has equally safe bet if we ignore all those leaks and rumors.

The only thing that stops him... is Sakurai lol, we'll see what Sakurai will say when it comes to Sora... yeah his company is literally just Sora Ltd but who knows.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't like that they're selling the thing without having announced what's going to be in it (I could go on but I'm not really in the mood to rant about screwy DLC practices right now)... but at the same time I want to have the full roster so that I can try everyone out, so I'll probably end up buying it anyway. So much for sticking to my principles. :p

D

Deleted member

Too much salt.

I know the deconfirmanations are rough for some, but enjoy the ride and all of the characters.

The memes are cool too. I loved the direct.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really wouldn't call World of Light shallow, that thing looks like it goes really deep, and that's not even accounting character-specific Classic Modes and(hopefully) the return of Stadium modes.
That wasn't really what I meant to imply, though I'm not fully sold on Ultimate's single-player right now. I just meant Dissidia NT had a shallow single-player, so even though I quite enjoy the gameplay, the online was crap and the single-player was too short and repetitive to make up for it. I spent €50 on the game. €30 on the Season Pass, and while I got other benefits from it, I bought a year of PS Plus when I got the game so I could play online. It didn't feel worth that money.

Ultimate's single-player looks....OK, right now. Not particularly great though.

My biggest issue is that World of Light looks way too similar to Spirits Mode, which itself looks like a slightly improved Master Orders meets Event Matches. Even in discussions like the GameXplain one I just listened to, people are confusing the two modes, or thinking they are the same mode. But I can't blame them for that as the pre-event screen for both modes is the same and the concepts are similar.

World of Light is so close to being exactly what I wanted for a Smash Adventure Mode. It has the detailed world map. It has RPG elements, right down to having the FFX Sphere Grid, which I never thought they'd go that in-depth with that. While we may not get more, it actually has a cool cutscene with voice acting.

...But it's missing the "adventure" in adventure mode. As it is, it's just Event Matches with RPG elements and Boss Battles. I was hoping it would have platforming stages too. It's the missing piece of the puzzle.

Also like I said before, I would have appreciated them not making it "The Kirby Game" and at the very least, just letting us pick our own starter character. Or at the very least, make a few more characters survive so there's potential for character interaction too.

As it is now, I'm worried I'll blow through it in 4 hours and be left with nothing to do.

Also Break the Targets and any other modes he didn't mention are likely not coming back. The man went into detail on Brightness, Sound, and Help. It definitely seemed like they are running out of things to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom