• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Has someone adressed the fact Guile pulls the good ol' "crouch and bait your opponent into a Flash Kick" strat?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sakurai you coward. Make someone in my top 3 playable already.
Did you see the theory I posted early?

A lot of it is straw graspy of course but I have just a little bit of hope for my boy after today's events.
Ura Ura

Yo you on that Zombieland Saga gucci too now? That anime is lit fam :cool:
Yeah,,,lets go with that lol. :)
Has someone adressed the fact Guile pulls the good ol' "crouch and bait your opponent into a Flash Kick" strat?
I was just surprised that Chun-Li wasn't the Street Fighter Assist Trophy. Was confident in her but Gulie is still great.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, had some time to think about it, here are my thoughts on the Direct.

Getting the elephant out of the room, the Grinch leak was fake. I was on Team Hmmm, so I wasn't too heartbroken in that regard (even though I wanted it to be real). My hearts out to all fans' hearts who were broken, especially those who had their character be an Assist Trophy.

Speaking of which, in regards to Shadow and Isaac specifically, revealing them now and not during E3 or the August Direct and waiting until the very end was really poor planning on the marketing teams' part. I sincerely doubt it was done maliciously, but I don't blame people being upset because of it.

Box Theory being real was a surprise, albeit a disappointing one. However, considering the amount of characters we do have, it's a blessing this game exists in the first place. Though I would have switched around some of the character reveals myself (like having King K.Rool be the final character).

No Trophies was probably the biggest disappointment of the Direct. I get the reason why, but the removal of a series staple just doesn't sit well with me. At the very least I hope their replacements, Spirits, have descriptions like Trophies do.

Though, with the removal of Trophies, what is the incentive to go through Classic and All-Star mode?

The Spirits themselves are....neat? It's probably something I need to experiment with before I can make an opinion. Still, I am VERY HAPPY that Shantae made an appearance in the game in some form, even if it's a glorified png.

The middle of the Direct was the most underwhelming, just going over menus and options. Some of the things such as the online rules were fine, but stuff like showing the language options and brightness adjustment was unneeded.

Reducing Spring Man to an Assist Trophy was honestly kind of lame. Unless we can get other ARMS characters, they literally just wasted that games' Ryu.

Piranha Plant.....wow. At first I was against it, but looking at it more, it's growing on me. It certainly is the biggest WTF character we've had yet. At least Bandanna Dee fans don't have to deal with the "it's just a generic mook" argument.

Now for the big one, Word of Light.

First off, that CG trailer was phenomenal. The action, the character interactions, the visuals, all of it.

My favorite bits would have to be Palutena using Reflect and giving her Power of Flight to both Pits, even if that plan failed. And of course, Sonic slowing down to help Pikachu is so 100% in character, he may be a cocky, but he's always willing to put himself in danger to help others. Just great examples of why I love of those characters.

Kirby being the sole character that survives....yeah, that's a little hard to defend. Sakurai bias was in full-force there.

As for the mode itself, kind of disappointed there aren't traditional platforming levels, but it looks like it could be fun. Hopefully it won't be too short or over stay it's welcome. Also, I'm BEGGING for more cutscenes. There doesn't even need to be as many as Subspace had, just a little bit more of the A+ character interaction is all I'm asking.

Overall, I would say the Direct was just simply "okay", not as big of a grandiose finale as I was hoping, but nowhere near being a hype killer. I'm still very much looking forward to the game.

One last thing, guess who didn't get the Assist Trophy treatment?

He could still be a Spirit, but I don't think that ruins any chances of DLC.

IT'S TIME (hopefully)

Ivander

Smash Legend
I was just surprised that Chun-Li wasn't the Street Fighter Assist Trophy. Was confident in her but Gulie is still great.
Well, that would fit into the possibility of Chun-Li being possible for DLC. I don't expect her to be in the first set of Fighter DLC, but if they do more fighters after the first set, I could see her appearing at some point.
That said, they probably chose Guile as the Assist Trophy as an excuse to add in Guile's theme. And considering Assist Trophies are fightable in Spirits, as we saw Ghirahim when the player was fighting The Imprisoned's Spirit card, there could be a Spirit card where we fight Guile.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Perhaps...a user title change is in order...
Who me? :confused:

I do agree tho since Mother 3 was never localized lol.
Well, that would fit into the possibility of Chun-Li being possible for DLC. I don't expect her to be in the first set of Fighter DLC, but if they do more fighters after the first set, I could see her appearing at some point.
That said, they probably chose Guile as the Assist Trophy as an excuse to add in Guile's theme. And considering Assist Trophies are fightable in Spirits, as we saw Ghirahim when the player was fighting The Imprisoned's Spirit card, there could be a Spirit card where we fight Guile.
Bruh you're making it sound like they needed an excuse to have Gulie's theme in the game lol.

I doubt that tho. I mean I don't think SF or Castlevania is going to get that much content dedicated to it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Bruh you're making it sound like they needed an excuse to have Gulie's theme in the game lol.

I doubt that tho. I mean I don't think SF or Castlevania is going to get that much content dedicated to it.
Edit: The heck? What was up with that quick post?

Anyway, Castlevania, sure. Street Fighter, maybe. I mean, this IS Chun-Li, one of the most famous video game women, we're talking about.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Truer words have never been spoken.

*gives applause*

EDIT: Was actualy quoting Ivander but it didn't show up lol.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Truer words have never been spoken.

*gives applause*

EDIT: Was actualy quoting Ivander but it didn't show up lol.
Of course it didn't, lol. Because I accidentally clicked on the Post Reply button without typing anything when I was trying to get the cursor up.

D

Deleted member

You say that yet Castlevania got a **** ton of content despite being a first time third party in smash.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Direct reaction before I dip.

redfeatherraven said:
oh hey, every new fighter in a 40-min presentation, must be a bunch right
Sakurai said:
lol no here's the world's worst kept secret and some cat
redfeatherraven said:
oh alright, well how about some trophy news
Sakurai said:
man **** trophies they're hard to model
redfeatherraven said:
I mean fair point, lotta dev work
Sakurai said:
we just grabbed a buncha official art and jammed it in
redfeatherraven said:
like stickers
Sakurai said:
we sticker star now fam
redfeatherraven said:
I mean it's cool they're like super custom parts I guess
Sakurai said:
wanna hear a funny joke
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
spirits in tournaments
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
wanna hear another
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
shantae in smash
redfeatherraven said:
alright that just hurts
Sakurai said:
we just getting warmed up, wanna hear about new game modes
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
help menu
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
help menu's a mode too don't be hatin
redfeatherraven said:
I'm hatin
Sakurai said:
oh well good news we got rid of for fun and for glory
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
now you pick your rules
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
and your opponent picks their rules
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
and if you can't agree we just kinda pick one
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
also peer to peer connections you pay $20 for
redfeatherraven said:
man why you gotta bring that up
Sakurai said:
twisting that knife
redfeatherraven said:
goddammit man some nonsense in this direct
Sakurai said:
well we are adding DLC fighters
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
and there's five of them
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
and if you preorder the game we got you a fighter for free
redfeatherraven said:
like mewtwo
Sakurai said:
sure let's go with that
redfeatherraven said:
is he one of the five
Sakurai said:
ambiguous
redfeatherraven said:
of course
Sakurai said:
but if you preorder you get him free
redfeatherraven said:
was already the plan, so alright
Sakurai said:
and also you save five bucks if you season pass this **** in advance
redfeatherraven said:
which we're all gonna do for a full roster
Sakurai said:
naturally
redfeatherraven said:
so who's this freebie
Sakurai said:
you're gonna love this, guess
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
now who's twisting the knife
redfeatherraven said:
alright, bandana dee
Sakurai said:
now who's telling funny jokes
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
I cut her too, and all those guys
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
the ****'s a steve
redfeatherraven said:
banjo and kazooie
Sakurai said:
dude you remember when that machine only had blow and suck options
redfeatherraven said:
commandervideo
Sakurai said:
it's pirahna plant
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
you heard me, we put a potted plant in smash
redfeatherraven said:
hold the **** up
Sakurai said:
no no just watch this I promise
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
I know right
redfeatherraven said:
you know what okay, okay that's fine
Sakurai said:
oh and there's a single player mode
redfeatherraven said:
good story this time
Sakurai said:
redfeatherraven said:
dammit mashpotato
Sakurai said:
you're buying it anyway
redfeatherraven said:
Sakurai said:
and it's good
redfeatherraven said:
yeah alright
Sakurai said:
never ask me for anything ever again

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
>tfw people are actually talking about a second Season Pass already

I mean this isn't a Square Enix game so...
It isn't a Square Enix game, although considering Namco does have a hand in Smash Ultimate...*looks at Tekken 7*. And let's be honest, I don't think Namco has any problem being bros with Nintendo and Smash.

But still, let's not think ahead already before even seeing all of the first pack.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You say that yet Castlevania got a **** ton of content despite being a first time third party in smash.
No I meant like more content as DLC. I expect it to be the end for CV content in Smash.
Of course it didn't, lol. Because I accidentally clicked on the Post Reply button without typing anything when I was trying to get the cursor up.
Yeah I was just joking lol. What were you going to say?
>tfw people are actually talking about a second Season Pass already

I mean this isn't a Square Enix game so...
I was questioning if this pack was the only one we were going to get. I mean Sakurai isn't going to be developing this game for years.

And i'm also wondering how often the releases are going to be. Something similar to Smash 4 or yearly/twice a year.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well it’s been an honor and now is the time for me to go. It’s been a good 3 or so years in this community and all good things much come to an end. On top of the obvious personal issues I am going through now, I just feel like speculating on DLC isn’t worth it for me. Some other friends of mine had left, so I will follow them as well.

You all know where to find me. And if you don't, feel free to leave a DM while I give my own support topics away to those that want them. Some of you I will miss, others I interact with in other places. See you all on the other side and I am glad to have had some good times here.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm very hungry right now, but I don't wanna get up to get food. Rip me.

AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 I will miss seeing you around a lot. Best of luck with all your endeavors and I'm always open to a DM chat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kirby being the sole character that survives....yeah, that's a little hard to defend. Sakurai bias was in full-force there.
To be fair though, he is listed as the strongest character by most people when ranking the playable smash characters. He's definitely the most suited when it comes to surviving and taking on threats such as the one presented in the trailer.

No I meant like more content as DLC. I expect it to be the end for CV content in Smash.
Oh, then yeah, I agree. Plus I want Alu as a potential character in the next game anyway rather than a CV character for DLC TBH.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Finally saw the direct! Time for my recap:

-The Banner/Grinch leak is ****ing dead, all the while it looks like VergeBen's leak truly was correct. I'm glad that the drama can hopefully die down after this, though the revelation was kinda bittersweet and was gonna be no matter what. Some folks got their most wanted newcomers, others didn't. And as impressed as I am by the sheer amount of very intricate work that went into making the leak, a whole lot of drama could've been avoided if it was never made to begin with. So, yeah....I'm not exactly happy that someone had to make the leak anymore, aside from the Grinch memes.

-Ken's the in the game. I'm not surprised by this at all, there was plenty of talk about him, VergeBen claimed he was in, hell, even the fake Banner leak had him (in completely different artwork, furthering destroying any legitimacy the rumor once had) so while I don't normally like to think any character is a shoo-in, Ken seemed more and more like he was gonna be in no matter the outcome.

-INCINEROAR! I wasn't too active of a supporter for this guy, but I would've gladly taken him as the Pokemon newcomer this time around. And I am. Not only did this effectively disprove the banner leak, it was a great reveal in it's own right and the character looks immensely fun to play as .

-We'll get to play as a friggin' Piranha Plant. Wat. That's it, this is it. We can't get any weirder than this, folks. This has gotta be a joke fighter, not so much because it's gonna play terribly or have poor match-ups (I really don't think it well, tbh. But it's too early to tell in any case), but more-so because it's beyond random. And I love it.

-We finally know what Spirits Mode is all about. A bit sad we won't be seeing trophies this time, but the event-type battles that the spirits (which essentially take the place of trophies) will be incorporated with look creative and fun so far.

-New Adventure Mode! And with at least one confirmed cutscene! AND CHARACTERS GET TO TALK WITH FULLY-VOICED LINES OH MY GOD. Yes! This looks HYPE!

I'm fully satisfied with this Direct. I hope things can calm down considerably, now. No pointing fingers, no going "I told you so", no rants about how someone else's most wanted fighter to deserved to be in "over" someone else's most wanted fighter, no more Grinch/Banner leak insanity. Let's just enjoy as much of what we've gotten as we can. Congrats to everyone who supported the new fighters (I doubt Piranha Plant had much support though :laugh:), not long to go until we can play them, now! And for those who supported other characters, keep a sharp eye out for that confirmed DLC. Don't give up hope just yet; the ride is far from over, everyone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Probably not gonna be around for DLC speculation tbh, don't want to kill what little hype I already have for it.

Chrono.

I just wish they had revealed what season pass has.

I don't mind paying for one, I just want to see what it actually ****ing has.

Now we can only hope the first DLC fighter is announced imminently or datamining spoils them.

D

Deleted member

I just wish they had revealed what season pass has.

I don't mind paying for one, I just want to see what it actually ****ing has.

Now we can only hope the first DLC fighter is announced imminently or datamining spoils them.
I'm betting on the latter to happen rather than the former.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah I was just joking lol. What were you going to say?
I edited the post I wanted in, since I doubt an empty post would stay around under supervision. But here it is again, plus more.

Castlevania, sure. Street Fighter, maybe. I mean, this IS Chun-Li, one of the most famous video game women, we're talking about. And Sakurai has made exceptions. I mean, we did get Corrin because Sakurai believed that Smash 4 would be Corrin's only chance of getting in, despite there being alot of Fire Emblem characters already. And we did get Chrom because people wanted him, so Sakurai allowed him in, despite it being even more Fire Emblem characters. And there was a character where Sakurai mentioned, "but for the fans/occasion/etc, we made an exception."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I'll go to back to my hiatus now. I'll see you guys in late December.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
To be fair though, he is listed as the strongest character by most people when ranking the playable smash characters. He's definitely the most suited when it comes to surviving and taking on threats such as the one presented in the trailer.
And who do you think made him that way?
1763B9AA-AC87-413B-95B8-2B58BDBB799B.png

:p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a shame that the only two things I like about Chun Li is that she's vaguely, vaguely a bit goth and that she's thicc. And her kick specials are cool. But I will admit, other than those two and the other Shotos, she definitely has the best moveset for smash. As the other SF characters are either a bit too simplistic or I feel have a moveset that wouldn't work well outside of a tradition 2D fighter.

And who do you think made him that way?
People other than Sakurai, considering that Kirby got even more OP after Sakurai left Kirb.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Spirits/Stickers don't deconfirm characters. We have King K Rool and Male Wii Fit Trainer in as Spirits and we all know they are playable.

And as I said, take the Mii outfits with a grain of salt too, as we still have Mii costumes of fighters in the game(and especially if the first Inkling outfits and Chrom outfit return). Sure, it helps to be safe with the outfits, but I still believe Rex can still have a chance even with a Mii Outfit.
Yeah but to be fair one is a veteran and other was confirmed before Spirit mode was revealed.

Mii costume as well... if it's just a simple piece item like Meta Knight's mask back in SSB4 then I see your point...
But with how Sakurai said Rex was just couldn't really make it in somewhat tells us that Sakurai know we want Rex but... he tried his best, but hey any XC2 rep is good. It can be other like Nia and Dromarch, Morag and Brighid, Jin and Lora, Mythra and Addam.
IS REX BTFO YAS
Ahem, a quote from Push Dustin:
No salt on the wound please thank you. But meh, of course since you don't like XC2 anyway.
I still found these pics funny though:
And bruh... mind the cap keys too lol.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Should I add Ken/Incineroar to my list of never-ending mains/secondaries? I'm convinced I should...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Did you see the theory I posted early?

A lot of it is straw graspy of course but I have just a little bit of hope for my boy after today's events.

Yeah,,,lets go with that lol. :)

Honestly when ****ing pirahna plant of all things is playable my expectations for the 5 dlc characters is low

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo. Martin Lawrence and Will Smith Confirmed Bad Boys 3.

Will Smith's also gonna be in an animated film with Tom Holland too, I think it's about spies or something.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just finished Delta Rune.

I had many questions before, and now I have even MORE questions.

Toby, you crazy ****.

I love you, but I hate you too, but I love you...

D

Deleted member

Honestly when ****ing pirahna plant of all things is playable my expectations for the 5 dlc characters is low
Well one of them is most likely Steve from Minecraft. I mean hey, it's not FE, people should be happy. :troll:

Also, I just love bat**** insane dumb characters in fighting games. I hope instead of waluigi, we get Wawaluigi.l

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well one of them is most likely Steve from Minecraft. I mean hey, it's not FE, people should be happy. :troll:

Also, I just love bat**** insane dumb characters in fighting games. I hope instead of waluigi, we get Wawaluigi.l
I honestly expect Steve and Geno as the first 2 dlc characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom