• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Direct did not even disappoint me one bit. I am really glad we are getting an adventure mode with voices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ura Ura
I really wish it hadn't come to this but a bet is a bet

Welcome to Franchouchou

Interested to see what direction Gen 8 will take then.
Fair enough. I am a man of my word of course.

As :ultcloud: would say it, never thought i'd see the day...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The direct did not disappoint me at all.

I am really glad that the stupid Grinch thing is over.

Also, Geno and Steve are still in the air as potential DLC.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Meanwhile I've already had my fill of Smash news, and went back to Octopath Traveller, where I'm just starting people's second chapters. I think I might be slightly under-levelled, though

I'm supposed to steal this thing so I can progress with Therion's story, and it ain't going too well. Though I suppose it did say "recommended level 22" when everyone in my party is like level 17 at most. :p
Don't like just grinding aimlessly so hopefully I can find some sidequests or something to knock off while I get everyone up to speed.

Haven't settled on a "main" party yet, except for Ophilia since I started with her. I kind of want to just keep rotating through everyone for the whole game (which is probably why some of my characters are under-levelled). :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm not sure if this is fake or not but...

Welp, goodbye Grinch, it was nice knowing you.

D

Deleted member

I think people are being way too salty.

Piranha Plant was easier to make than most characters like Shadow or Isaac. I am personally fine with no trophies, as other characters can finally do something instead of being just collectables.

Just buy the game and be grateful.

Edit: It is okay if you are disappointed, I am not going to hate you. In my opinion the direct was really good and I am happy with the base-roster. Geno's, Sora's, Bandana Dee's, Steve's, Crash Bandicoot's and many more crazy ideas are in the way with DLC. The new Adventure Mode looks fantastic.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
this is a really good summation of how i feel rn

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think people are being way too salty.

Piranha Plant was easier to make than most characters like Shadow or Isaac. I am personally fine with no trophies, as other characters can finally do something instead of being just collectables.

Just buy the game and be grateful.

Edit: It is okay if you are disappointed, I am not going to hate you. In my opinion the direct was really good and I am happy with the base-roster. Geno's, Sora's, Bandana Dee's, Steve's and many more crazy ideas are in the way with DLC. The new Adventure Mode looks fantastic.
People are allowed to be salty, even if I don't agree with them for being so. Not everyone has to think the game is a gift from the heavens or anything. Besides, some will get over it in a few days. I can't be mad at all myself since Mega Man and Ryu are back, I got Ridley, Simon, Dark Samus AND K. Rool. And Incineroar's that grappler character Smash was missing, and he looks fun.

I'm personally not pissed because one joke character in Parana Plant out of 76 in total doesn't mean much to me. That's like saying Marvel 2 sucks because they added Servbot. It probably would have been better if someone like K. Rool was shown at the end, but it doesn't matter.

Really, the only thing that kind of sucks character wise is that DLC might not have fan input in terms of a Ballot this time around, since they have a 5 character pass. I'd be ecstatic to vote for Mega Man X despite all the odds.

this is a really good summation of how i feel rn
Eh. Getting all snooty because some people are mad and you aren't makes you look like a ****. Let em get their salt out while they got the chance. That kind of attitude personally irks me more than the salt boys and salt girls.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*Reads thread title.

Well played whoever made it lmao.

Anyway what's everyone's direct thoughts?

I was pretty happy.

I didn't get geno, but that's ok, he's an online icon which is still pretty cool.

Plus bandanna literally has no reason to be denied now which feels great.

I loved the Kencinroar trailer. Both look great and I was happy to see them in even if it wasn't surprising.

Piranha plant was so left field but an amazing addition. I really love how Sakurai can think outside a box.

D

Deleted member

*Reads thread title.

Well played whoever made it lmao.

Anyway what's everyone's direct thoughts?

I was pretty happy.

I didn't get geno, but that's ok, he's an online icon which is still pretty cool.

Plus bandanna literally has no reason to be denied now which feels great.

I loved the Kencinroar trailer. Both look great and I was happy to see them in even if it wasn't surprising.

Piranha plant was so left field but an amazing addition. I really love how Sakurai can think outside a box.
Keep in mind Geno was never disconfirmed. He is still in the air as potential DLC.

The Ken and Incineroar trailer was cool too, and I am really happy we got an Adventure Mode with fabulous cutscenes.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I’m alright. I have to use ****ty hospital Wi-Fi, but I’m still alive. Please don’t worry. Gotta give thanks for the support though!

ALSO WHAT THE ACTUAL **** WAS THAT DIRECT HOLY **** PIRANHA PLANT IS IN SMASH THIS IS EVERYTHING I NEVER KNEW I WANTED

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Keep in mind Geno was never disconfirmed. He is still in the air as potential DLC.

The Ken and Incineroar trailer was cool too, and I am really happy we got an Adventure Mode with fabulous cutscenes.
I know, but if we look at Vergeben, there's two things missing.

Minecraft content
and his talk of a square rep.

We didn't see either and with Spawn wave coming out and saying Sora is DLC and coming at the Game Awards, I think that's who Verge knew of and will be our square rep. I don't see there being two Square characters for DLC.

I'll be hyped if Sora is in though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys, I’m alright. I have to use ****ty hospital Wi-Fi, but I’m still alive. Please don’t worry. Gotta give thanks for the support though!

ALSO WHAT THE ACTUAL **** WAS THAT DIRECT HOLY **** PIRANHA PLANT IS IN SMASH THIS IS EVERYTHING I NEVER KNEW I WANTED
Glad to see you're recovering man!

I have no ****ing clue but I love it

D

Deleted member

I don't really have much hope for the DLC tbh.
Most of my wanted characters are either disconfirmed or never had a chance to begin with. Thanks, Tony the Tiger...

D

Deleted member

Well I am glad you are better!
You are welcome.

Also, the direct did not disappoint me. At all.
I loved the direct!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't really have much hope for the DLC tbh.
Most of my wanted characters are either disconfirmed or never had a chance to begin with. Thanks, Tony the Tiger...
Aside from the Ghost Owl, who did you want exactly?

D

Deleted member

Rex is deconfirmed, but I do not think Pyra is really out of the table, even if she is unlikely.

For all we know it could be Pyra and Mythra as a DLC.

D

Deleted member

I don't have a problem with Pirahna Plant but people were literally just asking for Shadow as an echo fighter, not a unique newcomer.
True. Still, Piranha plant is more fun to make than Isaac, Spring Man and Skull Kid.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally caught up after leaving work at 2. The Direct was something alright.
  • Had a feeling Grinch was a big fat phony with its large character count and it feeling very 2 Gud 2 b tru
  • Had a feeling that we'd get very little character (not counting DLC)
  • Spring Man Assist Trophy hit me HARD, man... ;_:
  • lol, LABO Mii Fighter
  • I honestly wasn't expecting what people call "WTF characters" this time around due to smaller newcomer count but, wow, Piranha Plant sure was a curve ball.
  • The theme with lyrics is beautiful.
  • Dayumn! The download size for Ultimate is actually SMALLER than Smash Wii U
All and all, disappointing compared to both E3 and September shows but the game is still hype to me. I already pre-purchased the game with the fighters pass.

My signature is under construction until I can figure out who's safe or out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spirits don't deconfirm characters.

Male Wii Fit Trainer is one of them.
maybe not for some Nintendo characters, but definitely 3rd parties (leaving little to no expectations for characters already shown to end up being playable)
>Sonic reached out to save PIkachu

N'aaaaawwwww

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Sonic and Pikachu...the newest set of best friends
Now I'm just replaying the clip of Pit and Dark Pit starting to fall out of the sky over and over again and each time I watch it my heart sinks a little lower.

Looking even closer Palutena was trying to shield THEM, not herself.

We. . .we don't deserve these selfless snarkypoos, I think I'm starting to fog up the bit. The best cinnamon rolls die not for themselves but for the sake of other cinnamon rolls.
Pit and Palutena = Best Relationship in Smash (love, friendship, all of them...the best)
At least it’s not as dumb as Samus trying to SHOOT the incoming giant lasers.

But yeah, everyone got Super Buu’d.
Except for Kirby

Chrono.

Minecraft content

We didn't see either and with Spawn wave coming out and saying Sora is DLC and coming at the Game Awards, I think that's who Verge knew of and will be our square rep. I don't see there being two Square characters for DLC.

Watch as we get Noctis instead.

D

Deleted member

Aside from the Ghost Owl, who did you want exactly?
Plenty of characters. My top 10 was looked like this:
10. Geno
9. Tails
8. Crash
7. Phoenix Wright
6. Waluigi
5. Isaac
4. Rayman
3. Shovel Knight
2. Bandana Dee
1. Decidueye
That's not even my entire list of wanted characters, but all of the noteworthy characters are here.
Waluigi, Isaac, and Shovel Knight are all ATs, I'm pretty sure Tails is disconfirmed too since he's in the background of Green Hill Zone, Decidueye got robbed by a cereal mascot and I would never really expect Phoenix anyway.
That leaves me with Bandana Dee, Rayman, Crash, and Geno, but aside from Geno I'm not very optimistic on any of them.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Minecraft content

Verge has mentioned about the SE rep and Minecraft content being likely DLC, as he never said those would be at launch. But we'll see later.
Rex is deconfirmed, but I do not think Pyra is really out of the table, even if she is unlikely.

For all we know it could be Pyra and Mythra as a DLC.
I would say wait until we see the other Mii costumes. The Captain Falcon Mii costume is coming back. And it may have hinted at the first Inkling costumes coming back with the Second Inkling costumes.
So say, if the other known Mii costumes, like Chrom's and Isabelle's, return, then Rex being a costume won't mean much as Rex could still be added as DLC and fight alongside his Mii costume version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom