• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Plenty of characters. My top 10 was looked like this:
10. Geno
9. Tails
8. Crash
7. Phoenix Wright
6. Waluigi
5. Isaac
4. Rayman
3. Shovel Knight
2. Bandana Dee
1. Decidueye
That's not even my entire list of wanted characters, but all of the noteworthy characters are here.
Waluigi, Isaac, and Shovel Knight are all ATs, I'm pretty sure Tails is disconfirmed too since he's in the background of Green Hill Zone, Decidueye got robbed by a cereal mascot and I would never really expect Phoenix anyway.
That leaves me with Bandana Dee, Rayman, Crash, and Geno, but aside from Geno I'm not very optimistic on any of them.
Phoenix had a pretty stead support group for years, and Capcom's known for their crossovers, having Mega Man and the Shotos in should be a good indication of that.

Crash had support since Brawl, but it only really exploded when his remakes were on the Swtich, so I don't know if his fans made enough of a splash. It's hard to measure that kind of stuff without just looking at interviews from the devs since fan polls can only get you so far.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've seen a lot of people say that Spirits don't deconfirm characters, but I think they do.

Partly because of the fact that they replace trophies, but also because if you go back to when Sakurai was explaining the Star rating of stickers, you'll notice he used Dry Bowser as the example for the highest tier of rarity (Legendary).

So I think Legendary Spirits are going to depict alternate forms of the figthers. Pirate K. Rool and Male WFT fit this too (Male WFT isn't in World of Light by the looks of it), and others we might see are for example Sonic the Werehog or Cosmic Spirit Rosalina.

So if a character just has a Spirit based off of their basic appearance, like the XC2 characters they showed, it means they're deconfirmed and are just a 1-3 Star Spirit. 4-Star Spirits are reserved for alternate forms of the playable cast or maybe their Smash renders too.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly I would have taken even Waluigi over pirahna plant. Also that’s so ****ing lame that Isaac is an assist again. Make him playable you coward!

D

Deleted member

Honestly I would have taken even Waluigi over pirahna plant. Also that’s so ****ing lame that Isaac is an assist again. Make him playable you coward!
PP has a bigger role in the Mario series though than Waluigi if you think about it.

D

Deleted member

I would say wait until we see the other Mii costumes. The Captain Falcon Mii costume is coming back. And it may have hinted at the first Inkling costumes coming back with the Second Inkling costumes.
So say, if the other known Mii costumes, like Chrom's and Isabelle's, return, then Rex being a costume won't mean much as Rex could still be added as DLC and fight alongside his Mii costume version.
They literally said that they are not adding Rex though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I've seen a lot of people say that Spirits don't deconfirm characters, but I think they do.

Partly because of the fact that they replace trophies, but also because if you go back to when Sakurai was explaining the Star rating of stickers, you'll notice he used Dry Bowser as the example for the highest tier of rarity (Legendary).
Just remember. Before we use the Trophy argument, remember Mewtwo and Lucas in Smash 4.
As for the Star Rating, we'll have to see the other Spirits first before we make a conclusion.

D

Deleted member

So I think Legendary Spirits are going to depict alternate forms of the figthers. Pirate K. Rool and Male WFT fit this too (Male WFT isn't in World of Light by the looks of it), and others we might see are for example Sonic the Werehog or Cosmic Spirit Rosalina.

So if a character just has a Spirit based off of their basic appearance, like the XC2 characters they showed, it means they're deconfirmed and are just a 1-3 Star Spirit. 4-Star Spirits are reserved for alternate forms of the playable cast or maybe their Smash renders too.
You are forgetting the fact that Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies in Smash 4 and they arrived back on to the scene.
Also King K. Rool is a Spirit I believe.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The evil clones in the new story reminded me of something, and I just realized I was thinking of Fighterz story mode with all of the evil clones. LMAO

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im pretty sure Rex as Mii is just a big troll on the long run coupled with the spirit things.
That's why he said "kind of" and yeah, he really liked XC2 and needs more time to portray the characters properly, right?
images (10).jpeg
...right?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also no test smash is surprising.

And

No codecs of any form I guess?

Rip the dream....

D

Deleted member

They said they couldn't add him right now because the roster was decided early, and Rex wasn't around at the time.
Ooooh, got you.
Im pretty sure Rex as Mii is just a big troll on the long run coupled with the spirit things.
That's why he said "kind of" and yeah, he really liked XC2 and needs more time to portray the characters properly, right?
View attachment 174718
...right?
Potential DLC it seems like for him. Who knows?

D

Deleted member

Pretty much every crossover fighting game story involves evil clones.
Yeah, well, the ones that even have some kind of story, I don't really know/haven't played that many. Like the evil Heralds in MvC3. And brawl with the shadow clones of course. But Ultimate and Fighterz seem very similiar in the clones' aesthetic. And the overall layout just reminded me of it too.

I almost said KOF doesn't but then I remembered the ****ing NESTS Saga.
I hardly even count KoF considering there's more original characters to the series than there are characters that come outside of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hope they add Bartre as a Spirit so I can pull him endlessly here too.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ill be the first and only one to say it. Marth looked hot with red eyes
I'm just imagining some random video game character's disembodied spirit badly possessing Marth's body and stumbling around like a maggot trying to pilot a sack of human skin falling awkwardly against a wall and trying to shoot some really low-effot pickup line at a random woman.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm just imagining some random video game character's disembodied spirit badly possessing Marth's body and stumbling around like a maggot trying to pilot a sack of human skin falling awkwardly against a wall and trying to shoot some really low-effot pickup line at a random woman.
Marth is such a charmer, I bet even when possesed he still gets the girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom