• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I honestly expect Steve and Geno as the first 2 dlc characters
Geno I wouldn't mind. But I'll be honest, if it weren't for the support for him for years and years, I'd even be more shocked of him making it in than PP.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just wish they had revealed what season pass has.

I don't mind paying for one, I just want to see what it actually ****ing has.

Now we can only hope the first DLC fighter is announced imminently or datamining spoils them.
I mean we already have a pretty safe bet on dlc1 from insiders.

And that’s Sora which is s great start

Chrono.

Maybe but it's not 100% sure until I see him.

IF Sora is indeed the first fighter then I'm buying the pass lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be fair though, he is listed as the strongest character by most people when ranking the playable smash characters. He's definitely the most suited when it comes to surviving and taking on threats such as the one presented in the trailer.
Only people who misconstrue and exaggerate his feats rate him so highly.

Even going with the logic that he escapes because the Warp Star travels at warp speed while the beams are travelling at the speed of light (which they definitely weren't), there are still other characters who had means of surviving.

Off the top of my head:

:ultlink:: He legit repelled the beams in the trailer itself, the only reason he gets hit is because he randomly loses his footing. Repelling those beams is also consistent with what we already know of Breath of the Wild Link from that game, because it's canon that Link can repel ridiculous amounts of force such as the Guardian beams with even just a pot lid. So Link getting hit was just an arbitrary animation choice. He wouldn't have escaped, but he wouldn't have needed to, since not all of the beams were targeting him and there was a finite amount of them.

:ultsonic:: He's outrun black holes before for an elongated amount of time, and even without that, he has amazing reflexes so he would be capable of side stepping out of the way of all of the beams (you literally side step beams of light all of the time in actual Sonic gameplay). To be fair though, they at least explained this one by having him slow down to try and save Pikachu, so I'm actually OK with it as it's appropriate characterisation. Sonic is an arrogant cocky boi but he has a selfless heart of gold deep down which is the best way to portray him.

:ultrosalina:: Warps on a regular basis, it was literally how she made her entrance in Super Mario Galaxy, warping in alongside a majestic plateau. It was also her dodge animation in Smash Wii U/3DS (which they've changed for Ultimate but that's for balancing reasons). Also, her Smash Wii U/3DS trailer literally featured her outmaneuvering Kirby and knocking him off his Warp Star. Her amiibo bio literally describes her as being capable of "defending the cosmos against any and all threats" and her gown has a literal universe inside of it. If anything, she should have been able to save a few other characters too, at the least.

:ultpalutena:: Also can warp.

Also like I mentioned for Rosalina, Kirby himself should have at least been able to take a couple of more characters with him.

So yeah it's just completely arbitrary Sakurai bias that Kirby is the only one.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only thing I want to know is if voice acting isn't limited to that one scene. Seriously, if this opens up any dialogue between characters, this will be more hype than subspace.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Captain Falcon was ridiculous in the adventure mode trailer. He stands with the group, then gets into the blue falcon, then gets out of the blue falcon then gets beamed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In case it couldn't be more obvious btw, Lancer is my new favourite character.

...Well, alright, Raslei come pretty close, and Susie too.

Actually, I like alot of characters in this new game.

Even going with the logic that he escapes because the Warp Star travels at warp speed while the beams are travelling at the speed of light (which they definitely weren't), there are still other characters who had means of surviving.

Off the top of my head:

:ultlink:: He legit repelled the beams in the trailer itself, the only reason he gets hit is because he randomly loses his footing. Repelling those beams is also consistent with what we already know of Breath of the Wild Link from that game, because it's canon that Link can repel ridiculous amounts of force such as the Guardian beams with even just a pot lid. So Link getting hit was just an arbitrary animation choice. He wouldn't have escaped, but he wouldn't have needed to, since not all of the beams were targeting him and there was a finite amount of them.

:ultsonic:: He's outrun black holes before for an elongated amount of time, and even without that, he has amazing reflexes so he would be capable of side stepping out of the way of all of the beams (you literally side step beams of light all of the time in actual Sonic gameplay). To be fair though, they at least explained this one by having him slow down to try and save Pikachu, so I'm actually OK with it as it's appropriate characterisation. Sonic is an arrogant cocky boi but he has a selfless heart of gold deep down which is the best way to portray him.

:ultrosalina:: Warps on a regular basis, it was literally how she made her entrance in Super Mario Galaxy, warping in alongside a majestic plateau. It was also her dodge animation in Smash Wii U/3DS (which they've changed for Ultimate but that's for balancing reasons). Also, her Smash Wii U/3DS trailer literally featured her outmaneuvering Kirby and knocking him off his Warp Star. Her amiibo bio literally describes her as being capable of "defending the cosmos against any and all threats" and her gown has a literal universe inside of it. If anything, she should have been able to save a few other characters too, at the least.

Also like I mentioned for Rosalina, Kirby himself should have at least been able to take a couple of more characters with him.

So yeah it's just completely arbitrary Sakurai bias that Kirby is the only one.
But Palutena wanted to protect the two angel boy.

In vain, yeah, but she tried!...

Tho, Sakurai didn't pull any punches for the trio he recreated, like, geez, Pit & Dark Pit got a pretty humiliating death.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Palutena can warp, but it has limits which are admittedly kind of unclear. There's a reason she doesn't just teleport Pit to the boss at the start of every KI:U level.

Anyway, I think the real reason Kirby was left as the only survivor is because he's meant to be the most newcomer friendly of the playable cast with his multitude of jumps and intuitive moveset. It was a game design decision as much as it was a story decision.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
LET

LINK

TALK
*starts chanting*
He's a shy boi burdened by his responsibilities, leave him be, he can talk when he's ready.

Anyway, I think the real reason Kirby was left as the only survivor is because he's meant to be the most newcomer friendly of the playable cast with his multitude of jumps and intuitive moveset. It was a game design decision as much as it was a story decision.
If it was a game design decision, it's still a bad one. Just let us choose one starting hero of our own.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im ****ing ready to save the universe with a literal plant.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He's a shy boi burdened by his responsibilities, leave him be, he can talk when he's ready.
eh, put him in Public Speaking classes, he'll be fine:007:

Captain Falcon was ridiculous in the adventure mode trailer. He stands with the group, then gets into the blue falcon, then gets out of the blue falcon then gets beamed.
the beam said "YEET! You think you runnin, *****!"

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually how do you feel about Travis touchdown as DLC?

From the sounds of things all dlc has already been decided and is in negotiations

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man I was really hyped earlier today but something in my personal life just happened that's really stressing me out. The worse part is that it's something I can't do anything about. It wouldn't be much of an issue for me if I had moved out of my parent's house by now, but stuff keeps happening that keeps delaying my plans to move out. My parents are probably going to raise my rent because of this to...

...I'll be fine, but I just needed to let that out.
Im ****ing ready to save the universe with a literal plant.
I've always been ready to do that.:ivysaur:

Although I'm more then happy to do it with two plants.
If it was a game design decision, it's still a bad one. Just let us choose one starting hero of our own.
If I had to guess I'd say that you'll probably be able to unlock some other options really early on. I wouldn't be surprised if Mario was unlocked by clearing the very first stage.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

I'm...not sure how I feel about today's events yet. More than anything, I suppose I'm worried about this being further proof of just how nigh-impossible it can be to defy the odds.

Which is a problem, since my chance of having any decent future kind of relies on it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I honestly expect Steve and Geno as the first 2 dlc characters
Make that Irving and Geno... since these two have Mii costumes back in Smash 4 but still has yet to be confirmed.

And hopefully we get Tekken and Soul Calibur reps too as DLC...

Let's have a run down... about Assist trophies, Spirits, and Mii costumes
Being an assist trophies is pretty a 100% deconfirmed
Spirits, not really... kind of like stickers in Brawl you have playable characters getting more than 1 sticker.
Mii costumes though... a bit tricky, you have playable characters in Smash 4 gets Mii costumes too like Captain Falcon and Fox, but they are the Original 12... and even if so those gets Mii costume in Smash 4 gets confirmed at later game, like King K Rool, Isabelle, and Chrom.... but who knows maybe Rex will eventually be a special case.

Base on whom may I ask when it comes to the insider?

Sora in Smash Ultimate as DLC is awesome but... it is up to Square Enix. I would prefer them put Octopath Traveler reps though.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Newcomer main: :ultchrom:

Legacy mains: :ultsonic::ultrosalina: (which one I focus on more depends on whether or not they ruin Rosalina, Sonic looks awesome in this game though)

Newcomers I'm interested in trying: :ultinkling::ultsimon: (and wrestler cat)

Veterans I might pick up more seriously this time: :ultlink::ultshulk::ultsnake:

D

Deleted member

Off the top of my head:

Except for the fact that the beams covered at least the entire milkyway eventually, also the beam opened him up with another beam by hitting his shield with recoil. Even then, pretty big ass beam and there were so many to dodge I doubt he would have made it regardless.

Outrunning blackholes doesn't mean much considering blackholes still only have so much reach. And again, still no way he's going to get out to space.

But is it intergalactic travel? And yeah, true with Rosalina and Kirb getting the others. But the matter of fact is that the others were trying to fighting off the beam for some reason. One of Kirb's biggest strengths is that he waits things out. Like literally part of his gameplay if he doesn't have a power up.

Also Kirb can probably beat all of those mentioned characters.

Really the smash cast should have brought along Tien. LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Make that Irving and Geno... since these two have Mii costumes back in Smash 4 but still has yet to be confirmed.

And hopefully we get Tekken and Soul Calibur reps too as DLC...

Let's have a run down... about Assist trophies, Spirits, and Mii costumes
Being an assist trophies is pretty a 100% deconfirmed
Spirits, not really... kind of like stickers in Brawl you have playable characters getting more than 1 sticker.
Mii costumes though... a bit tricky, you have playable characters in Smash 4 gets Mii costumes too like Captain Falcon and Fox, but they are the Original 12... and even if so those gets Mii costume in Smash 4 gets confirmed at later game, like King K Rool, Isabelle, and Chrom.... but who knows maybe Rex will eventually be a special case.

Base on whom may I ask when it comes to the insider?

Sora in Smash Ultimate as DLC is awesome but... it is up to Square Enix. I would prefer them put Octopath Traveler reps though.
Around when verge leaked ken and Incenroar,

He said there would be a square character that he supposedly didn’t know specifically(yet according to him he somehow knew pp which I doubt).

About a month ago, spawn wave someone who was fully aware the grinch leak was fake and all that, claimed Sora would be DLC and revealed at the game awards the day before smash comes out.

Putting two and two together it seems pretty likely Sora is in. The insiders haven’t been wrong yet so I don’t see that changing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Except for the fact that the beams covered at least the entire milkyway eventually
They didn't, otherwise Kirby would be screwed too. Being able to warp wouldn't matter if he warps right back into the beams.

I think the galactic light thing was just the light emitted from the beams, that was just for effect. The world isn't destroyed either as seen by the world map.

Outrunning blackholes doesn't mean much considering blackholes still only have so much reach.
So do the beams.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I said this in the general thread, but Kirby being the last character standing and having to save all his friends and frenemies from some sort of eldritch evil is such a "Kirby" thing to happen to him. I'm getting really strong Robobot and Star Allies vibes from this, and those aren't even Sakurai games. It just fits.

There's also something really chilling and sad about seeing Mario and Link being corrupted or possessed or...whatever the heck it is that happened to them while cute little Kirb is the last one standing.

And finally, starting with just one character and unlocking everyone one character at a time is probably a way to get people to step out of their comfort zones and try characters they might not otherwise. If I had Pokemon Trainer right off the bat, there's a chance I'd probably hardly play as anyone else for a while. With a roster size of 70+ characters, picking one to start out with could be really overwhelming.

Overall I really like the decision to leave Kirby as the last one standing, and not just because I'm a suck up to Sakurai (although that might be a part of it).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Man, that's a very very good idea despite that might not be the case. It is story mode though... so I can see why we have to use Kirby, or who knows maybe it meant something about the Smash Ultimate World of Light lord...

So yeah, World of Light basically shares similar cannon as Brawlinthefamily lol, where Kirby is the main character.
Really the smash cast should have brought along Tien. LMAO
Or...
Have like... only the Original 8 remain? Because we start out with the roster being only 8.

Actually how do you feel about Travis touchdown as DLC?

From the sounds of things all dlc has already been decided and is in negotiations
Sakurai clearly said the DLC will be made from scratch... and with how did Cloud got in Smash 4, anything is possible at this point...

Around when verge leaked ken and Incenroar,

He said there would be a square character that he supposedly didn’t know specifically(yet according to him he somehow knew pp which I doubt).

About a month ago, spawn wave someone who was fully aware the grinch leak was fake and all that, claimed Sora would be DLC and revealed at the game awards the day before smash comes out.

Putting two and two together it seems pretty likely Sora is in. The insiders haven’t been wrong yet so I don’t see that changing.
Oh, you are talking about the Verbengen leak?
Well... he only says it's Square Enix character, so it could be like... ANY Square Enix character, it could be Geno, someone from DQ, someone from Xenogears, someone from Octopath Traveler.... Sora on the on the other hand still possible, but don't really dead on say it will be him.

Am I the only one that would give the direct a high score like 9.5/10?
If I have to be egotistical I will give it 4/10...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*pokes head in*

So.... have the salt levels subsided? I might be avoiding Smash discussion for a while until they do.
This is the same way I feel. Besides, these Tekken and Soulcalibur combos are not going to execute themselves.

The direct did not disappoint me at all.

I am really glad that the stupid Grinch thing is over.

Also, Geno and Steve are still in the air as potential DLC.
Glad to hear this. I was able to watch it right at scheduled time and was not in the least bit disappointed. Personally, the Ribbon Girl costume was the best part for me (and if anyone else likes that particular costume give me a "hell yeah!"). Hopefully, this Grinch **** is put to rest once and for all.

Sa, please tell me what you liked best about it.

Sayonara :kirby:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Piranha Plant would of survived, easily.
Piranha Plant is probably the main villain

I mean he has a Frame 2-3 ****ing spike he's definitely got what it takes.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man, that's a very very good idea despite that might not be the case. It is story mode though... so I can see why we have to use Kirby, or who knows maybe it meant something about the Smash Ultimate World of Light lord...

So yeah, World of Light basically shares similar cannon as Brawlinthefamily lol, where Kirby is the main character.

Or...
Have like... only the Original 8 remain? Because we start out with the roster being only 8.

Sakurai clearly said the DLC will be made from scratch... and with how did Cloud got in Smash 4, anything is possible at this point...

Oh, you are talking about the Verbengen leak?
Well... he only says it's Square Enix character, so it could be like... ANY Square Enix character, it could be Geno, someone from DQ, someone from Xenogears, someone from Octopath Traveler.... Sora on the on the other hand still possible, but don't really dead on say it will be him.

If I have to be egotistical I will give it 4/10...
Its not just verge though, we have someone else with info backing him up. Spawnwave also leaked the direct day.

With insiders collaborating on it, Sora is much more likely.

Also if we go off of insiders even more, at the very least the first dlc was planned out quite a lot. I may have dissed the insiders before but they clearly have fully accurate info.

So Sora being in and dlc being planned in advance isn’t a stretch.

Especially third party as they need to get a deal worked out first and foremost. And with evidence suggesting bayo was planned as dlc from the start last game. It wouldn’t be shocking if dlc for this was also planned at the start.

Of corse it can go either way, but I believe the evidence more aligns that future content has already been planned out.

There’s a reason why Sakurai said you’ll have to trust him and he can’t show who the characters are yet. That to me sounded like he full knows whose being planned

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This has tweet of mine has been blowing up so I'mma throw it here.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Rewatched the direct, so I wanted to give some thoughts:

-Firstly, congrats to Incineroar's fans, especially @GoldenYuiitusin. You guys put up with so much unnecessary crap from the fanbase and I'm glad that despite all of that, you managed to get the character you all wanted so much. On top of that, I will also say that I think he looks good, I like the model and his moves are exactly what I was hoping out of a grappler/wrestler type character, I look forward to seeing what he can do.
-Ken looks neat, not much else to say other then he pushes the boundaries of an Echo even more then Chrom did.
-The ATs were once again brutal, seeing Issac, Spring Man, Tiki, Shadow and the Black Knight stung, especially the last one for me since I did hope he'd be a character. Dillon and Skull Kid being on the site was also not very pleasant for the same reasons.
-Spirit Mode outside of the Story looks... eh. Not too much here that I'm interested in.
-Online is similarly mixed, it seems to take some steps forward (ex. actual rules) and some steps back (ex. which rules being used are random). I'll probably still play the hell out of it, but I really wish they did more for it.
-Speaking of which, the loss of trophies hurt me more then any deconfirmation in this direct. Trophies to me were a way to experience characters and franchises that I did not have the chance to otherwise, them being gone is kind of like losing a massive piece of history for the franchise, even if I understand the reasoning behind it.
-World of Light looks interesting so far and the trailer sets it up pretty well. I look forward to seeing more of it.
-Piranha Plant kind of feels like it's supposed to be this game's 'surprise character'. Sakurai never said they had to exclusively be retro and it has the trademark style of fun unique addition that he likes to do, so I could see it being that. Either way, he's the most WTF out of WTF characters and I think that ends up giving it some charm.
-As an aside, I'm completely baffled by the near lack of XBX content. A stage I didn't expect, but no music? ATs? Items? Anything major? It makes even less sense since it does have a mech as a sticker and it's still treated as a part of the XC franchise as a whole thanks to Elma's DLC in XC2, so it's strange to me it's almost completely missing from the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They didn't, otherwise Kirby would be screwed too. Being able to warp wouldn't matter if he warps right back into the beams.
But the beams stopped by the time he warped back. It'd be like escaping an explosion by teleporting out and then coming back after the explosion.
I think the galactic light thing was just the light emitted from the beams, that was just for effect. The world isn't destroyed either as seen by the world map.
The beams don't seem to destroy though, they seem to only warp characters. If it were just for effect it'd make no sense for it to expand the way it did into complete whiteness if the beams didn't even go beyond the milky way. LMAO
So do the beams.
Okay, so I looked up what you were talking about, and what you're saying is kinda defeated by the fact that the black hole catches up to him.

Also none of this matters considering that Big Rigs are literally, with no hypobole, the most powerful things in gaming. They can go so fast backwards that they'd be everywhere at once and destroy the fabric of multiverses in a split second.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I find it funny how hard wayforward pushed that shantae was in smash but she got the lesser treatment.

Which I think says a lot about shovel knight since he physically appears and is an assist something I’d say is better then a sticker basically.

Shows how far shovel knight has come

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've been looking at reactions because I love salt and so far Black Andre is the only person I've seen who's genuinely excited for Piranha Plant.
We really live in a society... :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom