• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This reminds me that Smash Ultimate got to have a special opening cutscene like Melee.

I did being a bit more a stretch there where FF VII is coming to Switch. So hey, you can't mention Cloud anymore on that lol.

You can't say for sure if Disney doesn't really care or not... like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced KH game on Switch and then confirm Sora in Smash. Otherwise, any character from Square Enix has equally safe bet if we ignore all those leaks and rumors.

The only thing that stops him... is Sakurai lol, we'll see what Sakurai will say when it comes to Sora... yeah his company is literally just Sora Ltd but who knows.
Well when cloud was announced that was 4 years ago. There was no switch, hell they probably didn’t even had the port planned then.

And how can we not be sure? When Disney themselves have stated it I doubt they are lying.

They let Nourma have all rights to where Sora goes. They just want to make sure any aspects of his character are represented right. Which Sakurai would surely do.

And honestly I don’t think other square reps stand a chance rumors or not. Geno was base game or nothing. He wouldn’t make the money Sora would. Square would clearly want the better money making outcome and that’s Sora.

Similarly dragon quest doesn’t even have a set character. And no one talks dq reps, despite the series popularity. It’s always Sora and Geno. So I don’t think dragon quest ever had a chance.

Again we’ll see but honestly Sora is squares best choice

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
i wonder why there was no demo and if we will even get one. Also what's the deal with the meta ridley costume I wonder. Are there unlockable costumes?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Online Smash?
Have you played it to confirm it plays well and without frequent lag to make it unplayable?

No?

Then put your Spidey meme away.

Other Single Player modes?
Spirits is just an endless grinding mode, Classic Mode is just more basic fighting too, and Multi-Man Smash is a one and done mode. That's all we really know of for now.

Doesn't look too hot.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Now that I've had time to reflect on the Direct...

-Ken makes perfect sense as an Echo - no issues there.

-I felt like Incineroar was an anti-climactic way to end the roster at first, but I'm interested in his grappler playstyle. I figure my bigger issues were my unfamiliarity with Pokemon outside of gens 1-3 and 6, combined with the sheer amount of characters who were confirmed as assist trophies or spirits. Speaking of which...

-I'm not as worried about the Spirits mode as I was at first. Given the way that it was described, I was concerned that any character announced for that was confirmed to not be considered for DLC, but if it's supposed to replace trophies, that's not necessarily the case

-I hope that there's a gallery mode for Spirits that gives you a biography of the character, like what we had for trophies - it was interesting to find out about characters that I wouldn't have been familiar with otherwise.

-I feel like the Direct didn't need to be forty minutes long - it felt like way too much time was spent on relatively minor options, like screen brightness.

-I wonder what we'll be getting for beating Classic and All-Star Modes with a character, seeing as trophies are no longer an option. Once the DLC's released, we'll have to do it at least 82 times, so it would be hard to motivate anyone to do that without some kind of reward.

-some of the assist trophy confirmations were still really rough, especially Isaac (who would have made a great playable character) and Skull Kid (who was only confirmed through the website as still being an AT - not sure why the Smash development team hasn't added a brand new Zelda character in 17 years, when any of the Zelda assist trophies (EDIT: not including the Moon) would make for great playable characters)

-Piranha Plant could be a fun character, and it definitely shows that Sakurai and the rest of the development team are still having fun with making characters for this game. It's just a shame - Smash 4's first DLC character was Mewtwo, which got people excited because he was a veteran with a lot of demand behind him, and it really set the tone for Smash 4's DLC. Piranha Plant just inspired confusion or anger, it seems

-I have no idea what to expect for the DLC. I figure it's going to either be characters from new series (whether it's first party or third party), or characters from games where the cast changes with each installment. I'm guessing, since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out too late to be included and there's a lack of Xenoblade Chronicles X music, that we'll be getting Elma along with a stage from Xenoblade Chronicles X, but beyond that, I have no idea

-despite Akira making the jump from Mii costume to assist trophy, there was no Tekken content - maybe we'll be getting a Tekken character as DLC?

-with Kencineroar confirmed, I think the only major material from Vergeben that we haven't gotten are a Square-Enix character and a Minecraft stage. Not sure how likely it is that we'll be getting Steve? as DLC, but there could have been other bits of info that Vergeben mentioned and I missed.

All in all, I'm okay with it. It was a little underwhelming, and probably longer than it needed to be, but the game's looking fantastic.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well when cloud was announced that was 4 years ago. There was no switch, hell they probably didn’t even had the port planned then.

And how can we not be sure? When Disney themselves have stated it I doubt they are lying.

They let Nourma have all rights to where Sora goes. They just want to make sure any aspects of his character are represented right. Which Sakurai would surely do.

And honestly I don’t think other square reps stand a chance rumors or not. Geno was base game or nothing. He wouldn’t make the money Sora would. Square would clearly want the better money making outcome and that’s Sora.

Similarly dragon quest doesn’t even have a set character. And no one talks dq reps, despite the series popularity. It’s always Sora and Geno. So I don’t think dragon quest ever had a chance.

Again we’ll see but honestly Sora is squares best choice
I can still argue that Cloud is more iconic compare to Sora, and again KH series is basically primarily on Sony... so unless we get that KH III on Switch I don't think Sora is a well candidate.

I already said, Sora in Smash will be cool but I think Geno and rest of Square characters have fair shot as well compare to Sora, also money making and crap... Square and Sakurai aren't EA or Activision... it's popularity and what Smash teams wants to put matters. If they have more plausible choice, XC2 reps have more chance than any Square characters.

Ivander

Smash Legend
In terms of other Single player content, there isn't that much to do. While World of Light definitely looks to take some time, after World of Light is done, the most likely replayability from it would probably be the Boss Battles. And that's if they are only in World of Light and not included in Classic Mode. Classic Mode seems decent, considering it could be something like Smash 64's Classic Mode if each character gets their own "route".
Spirit Mode is mostly good only for those who like Event Matches. Like, there could be potential as besides going against certain enemies, there is the appeal of being able to fight Assist Trophies. But it also depends on how fun those and how diverse they are. Like, if we can get some enemies that are practically like the All Star Event matches, but with Assist Trophies instead, I can definitely see some replayability. Otherwise, it's mainly grinding for those who aren't fond of Event Matches. And that can take the fun away from people.
Basically, besides the World of Light mode, every other Single Player content does not offer that much diversity. It's one of the reasons why some of us wanted Smash Run back, as well as expanded upon. There is a huge appeal of being able to use your favorite Nintendo character against a ton of different Nintendo and Co. mooks, as well as the bunch of modes that happen when the main event is done. Had Smash Run been included, there would definitely be alot more diversity in Single Player content.
But as it stands, there really isn't alot of Single Player content that is greatly diverse from any other. Even the story mode is similar to the Spirits Mode(although here's hoping they make replayable bosses a thing to make it somewhat replayable). It's mainly the same thing. Just fighting. Sometimes with certain conditions. Smash Run would've at least offer a good amount of diversity as you aren't focused on fighting against characters, but mooks and trying to prep up for that "Final Battle" at the end of the time limit, which is pretty different from the other modes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...
How is everyone's night? Or day depending where you are?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Kirby may have escaped the generic JRPG final boss, but even greater, more powerful evils lie in wait for him.

That or she's just wearing contacts.

D

Deleted member

My biggest issue is that World of Light looks way too similar to Spirits Mode, which itself looks like a slightly improved Master Orders meets Event Matches
Uhm, you do realize WoL is Spirits, right? Well, rather, Spirits is just the section where WoL is found but there's no other playable mode ther other than WoL.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People complain that Incineroar was an anti-climactic way to end things, but when the last things we ended on ten years ago was an obscure (at the time) JRPG boi and some anagram of Mario + 1 L, you start wonder why people still think it's supposed to finish off with a fancy reveal.

So is Tabuu gonna return in this Spirits thing?
If Tabuu is back he sure as hell got a make-over.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Uhm, you do realize WoL is Spirits, right? Well, rather, Spirits is just the section where WoL is found but there's no other playable mode ther other than WoL.
No, Spirits is an endless mode IIRC.

WoL is separate.

D

Deleted member

No, Spirits is an endless mode IIRC.

WoL is separate.
That literally makes no sense, the screens are the same and you fight Spirits in matches th same way as shown in the WoL trailer

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
ChikoLad ChikoLad With this tweet I saw...
EDit: removed due to swears.

Basically:
"(World of Light Japanese name) 灯火の星 backwards can be read as

'hoshi no kabi'"

HOSHI NO KIRBY

Now I have to disagree that making Kirby the sole survivor in World of Light was an arbitrary Sakurai bias.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Characters speaking in adventure mode for Smash Ult is blowing my mind! I'm super excited to see how this game turns out.

Chrono.

What are some good relaxing games on eShop (that aren't Stardew Valley, please)?

I was thinking Golf Story since that's on sale but I'm open to anything.

Ivander

Smash Legend
That literally makes no sense, the screens are the same and you fight Spirits in matches th same way as shown in the WoL trailer
There is a difference. In the Spirits mode, it kept bringing up cards of different characters with different objectives, much like Master Orders. In the World of Light mode, you are on a World Map exploring, activating switches and whatnot and all the enemies appear to be set rather than randomized. Like, I look between them and I see a difference. Spirits Mode and World of Light seem to have the same sort of idea, but both are handled very differently. World of Light appears to be a much fancier Event Mode where the enemies are "set" like Event modes. Whereas Spirits Mode seems to be randomized Event Mode.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Characters speaking in adventure mode for Smash Ult is blowing my mind! I'm super excited to see how this game turns out.
Everyone: *gets voice clips*
:ultshulk:: *preexisting getting hit noise*

Seriously, why didn't he say something? He knew they were all gonna die.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hence why people are confusing them to be the same mode. And exactly my criticism of WoL in my initial post, the two modes are way too similar.

Spirits is a mode where you endless grind for Spirits and the materials to build them. It's literally Master Orders for this game, since Spirits replace both trophies and custom equipment.

It's not even as simple as just leveling them up. You can collect cores to give them different attributes and all this stuff. It's literally a gacha mode, you collect random PNGs and build them, just like FE Heroes or something. So it kind of needs an endless grind mode.

WoL seems to be both a way to unlock a finite amount of spirits to get you started, but also how you unlock the roster for the rest of the game. And also seems to include that FFX Sphere Grid I mentioned where each fighter has their own skill tree to max out.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
If Smash can have a piranha plant as a playable fighter, which I'm completely on board with given that Smash is pretty comedic at its core-given we see human characters like Snake, Bayonetta, Ryu, Ike and Samus wielding giant hammers twice their size and throwing walking nose creatures at each other, then I would want Chucky for Mortal Kombat XI.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Even though Piranha Plant is not part of the Fighters Pass, a new stage and a pack of songs will also be included with it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/in...h-bros-characters.78379/page-18#post-14482498
No stage for Incineroar. In fact, the only newcomers who have received their own stage are Inklings and Simon/Richter. Nintendo's PR says Piranha Plant will get one, tho, and so will each of the five Fighter Pass picks.
Okay, so this is confirmation that Piranha Plant is not any of the other 5 fighter packs? Because the way it's explained makes me think there could've been some disconnection between the PR and people giving the questions.

D

Deleted member

In non-Smash news, I've just bought My Hero One's Justice today. Downloading it right now and will probably spend the night playing it with my brother.
Been really excited to play this game for a while. Don't think anyone here is that into MHA and/or anime arena brawlers(but if anyone was on the fence regarding it, I could make a small review later). It'll certainly help on the wait for Ultimate tho.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Was Mushroom Kingdom 64 shown off already? Because that stage was in PP's fighter reel thingy, it could be that.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so this is confirmation that Piranha Plant is not any of the other 5 fighter packs? Because the way it's explained makes me think there could've been some disconnection between the PR and people giving the questions.
You can see in the site that Piranha Plant is NOT part of the Fighter Passes(which would be really dumb since if you got 4 separately + PP for free, it would be cheaper than the Season Pass)
Was Mushroom Kingdom 64 shown off already? Because that stage was in PP's fighter reel thingy, it could be that.
Wasn't it Mushroom Kingdom 2?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also here's the not-Sphere Grid I keep mentioning since nobody has really posted it, and the actual Sphere Grid for comparison.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wasn't it Mushroom Kingdom 2?
I looked at the Stage Roster on the official site and both stages are part of the 103 Stages. So I don't think Piranha's stage is either of those 2 if Piranha's getting a new stage.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In non-Smash news, I've just bought My Hero One's Justice today. Downloading it right now and will probably spend the night playing it with my brother.
Been really excited to play this game for a while. Don't think anyone here is that into MHA and/or anime arena brawlers(but if anyone was on the fence regarding it, I could make a small review later). It'll certainly help on the wait for Ultimate tho.
I'd be interested to hear what you think about it. I'm on the fence; I like My Hero Academia, but from what I saw of the game's final battle, I'm not sure how good the game is. (I'm caught up on the manga, so I wanted to see how it handled that particular fight)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Okay, so this is confirmation that Piranha Plant is not any of the other 5 fighter packs?
Had this question myself. Feel like they should clarify, but more I think about it more I feel like PP is probably DLC pack 1.

Also curious how we'd procure PP without the preorder, if he's not part of the packs or pass. I can't see them making a exclusive char, since that'd likely throw the competitive scene especially into an uproar, but PP ain't really worth $6 on just his own sweet lonesome.

Maybe he's part of a separate pack from the pass, and preorders get that pack free while everyone else has to pick it up later? That'd suck for passholders, who'd basically lose out on the discount by having to add PP to furnish a complete roster, but if he's not DLC 1 I kind of see it as the second most likely route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom