• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
**** Infantry & Tanks isn't going to be in this game. They literally did away with just about all representation in this franchise.

That really, REALLY frigging hurts.

Ivander

Smash Legend
-I can understand people being disappointed with Assist Trophies as that drastically reduces the chance of them being playable for DLC, since they would need to deal with the Assist Trophy.
-With Mii costumes, maybe. But considering we have a Captain Falcon Mii costume still with Captain Falcon in the game and considering that the other Splatoon costume said something like Splat Set 2(or something with 2), which could hint that the first Inkling costumes are still in and we have the Inklings in, I could see them having a chance of releasing Rex as a fighter even with his Mii outfit.
-But if you even think that Stickers....STICKERS....are going to keep a character out of the game, please stop that salt pack from dragging you down. I'm 99% positive that Stickers/Spirits are not going to have any effect on fighters. Heck, Piranha Plant is perfect for checking that theory:
-If there's a Piranha Plant sticker/spirit and it's not using Piranha Plant as the character, than there's no worry about the Geno sticker stopping a Geno DLC Fighter.
-If Piranha Plant is gotten and a Piranha Plant sticker/spirit once used another fighter, but it changed to using Piranha Plant, then that means the Geno Sticker will have it's fighter changed to Geno if he appears as a DLC fighter.
So don't let Stickers/Spirits out of all things keep you thinking there's no chance for those characters to get in. I can understand Assist Trophies and Mii Fighter outfits, even if I believe characters can still have a chance of getting in even with Mii costumes, but Stickers are far from a reason to lose all hope on a fighter.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Everyone: WHY IS THIS CHARACTER AN AT INSTEAD OF A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!?

Me:
WHY DOESN'T MY FAVORITE SERIES HAVE AN AT IN THIS GAME!?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I had some last minute issues with my reaction video (which also went way into the Treehouse stream because we started discussing what was shown and predictions for DLC), but I should still be able to get it up in a presentable state.

One thing I wanna say though.

They told me I was crazy for wanting Nia over Rex, but we live in a world where Nia and Mórag are the only possible reps from the main party of Xenoblade 2.

Gratification is sweet. I legit am excited that Nia has a real chance now.

Ivander

Smash Legend
As a Reddit comment pointed, King K Rool has a sticker despite being a playable character.

So don't let Stickers be the end-all.
Edit: And on Twitter, Male Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oddly enough, the thing that makes me the most salty about this Direct isn't the fact that Ken/Incineroar are the last characters, nor is it the friggin trippin' Piranha Plant being playable, but instead the lack of an Assist Trophy in the game.

Damn, I have my priorities set straight!

Chrono.

I had some last minute issues with my reaction video (which also went way into the Treehouse stream because we started discussing what was shown and predictions for DLC), but I should still be able to get it up in a presentable state.

They told me I was crazy for wanting Nia over Rex, but we live in a world where Nia and Mórag are the only possible reps from the main party of Xenoblade 2.

I'll be really shocked if any of these 5 characters are not new franchises or third parties.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh no

Oh no guys.

The more I see of Pirhana Plant (I never write his name correctly), the more I'm beginning to like the little ****.

What is wrong with me?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, this was an interesting but solid Smash Ultimate Direct.

Not surprised with the Ken Echo and Incineroar as the new fighter reveal. Verge was pointing at them being playable, and they seemed more and more likely with each passing day.

I'm pretty happy for Ken! I've wanted him to be playable in Smash ever since Ryu was first leaked in Smash 4, mainly as an alternate costume of Ryu. With the reveal of Echo Fighters, I thought Ken would fit very well for that role, and here we go, he's finally in! Awesome! Not sure if I'll main him though since I still need to learn how to use Ryu properly, but it's pretty cool.

Incineroar is my least favorite of the Alola starters. I was rooting for Primarina since she's one of my favorite Pokemon and my favorite Alola starter, despite the fact her chances were looking pretty low compared to the other Alola starters. I wouldn't have minded Decidueye either since I like him too. Incineroar... well, I've warmed up to the Pokemon since S/M's release and started to like how expressive he is, but he just isn't an Alola Pokemon that I wanted. Still, I think he turned out pretty well in Smash. His model is on-point, and I like how we finally have a true wrestler in Smash with his inclusion. Congrats to the Incineorar fans that have been wanting him in Smash!

And it turns out Ken and Incineroar are the final newcomers prior to the game's launch. Damn. Looks like that box leak was right all along. Would've been nice to sneak in one more new fighter to reach the gold number of 75 prior to the game's launch, but oh well. It's still a pretty good roster.

It also meant the Grinch leak got completely deconfirmed. I was rather skeptical of that leak when it first popped up, and it looks like my skepticism turned out be right. Yeah, it just sounded like a too-good-to-be-true kind of leak.

Spirits seem to be an enhanced version of Stickers from Brawl. Not sure what to think about that right now, but in the context of the new Adventure mode, they might turn out to be more fun than I thought. Sucks that trophies aren't coming back, but I can understand why they're absent as Sakurai explained.

I like how you can customize the rules for online battles with random people instead of just friends. Looks like you can finally completely replicate the meta rules for online play! I'm still worried if lag will still be an issue, but it seems like Sakurai is aware about the issue by having the game making you face more local players online when choosing opponents. I still need to buy a wired LAN adapter, so I guess that's a potential Christmas gift to look forward to.

As for the Assist Trophies, Black Knight as a new AT is interesting. Nice that they brought his Heroes voice too. Same can be said for Adult Tiki. RIP Shadow, Isaac, and Spring Man though. Looks like Shadow is still locked to that AT role, Isaac was brought back only to be reconfirmed again, and it seems like we won't even be getting a new Arms rep for DLC with its mascot turned into an AT. Spring Man was one of my most wanted too, so his reconfirmation did sting a bit for me. Still, good to see we at least have Arms content in the game.

Oh hey, Yoshi'a new Final Smash is the stampede from Melee! I really like the reference!

New Mii Costumes are cool. I like Mii costumes, so I'm all in for their return.

DLC is confirmed! No surprise, but glad to see it's there. Nice to know 5 fighters are on the way as part of the Fighters pass. I hope Professor Layton is one of them! I also hope we'll get more DLC beyond those 5 fighters that are part of the upcoming pass (maybe another Fighters pass for 2020), but I'm prepared for the worst.

Piranha Plant is an actual newcomer? WOW, now THAT'S a shocker. Looks like he's the completely unexpected newcomer for this game. I honestly thought they were going to reveal Petey Piranha when the Piranha Plant showed up (I initially thought Piranha Plant would be an item), but what we got instead shocked me! It's going to be fun seeing all the reactions. I also like how its final Smash is a reference to Subspace Emissary with the way Petey Piranha comes into the battlefield and attacks with the cages.

I wonder whether or not Piranha Plant is among the 5 fighters part of the Fighter pass. I hope/don't think so. They said Piranha Plant is a free download, not something you have to pay for. They also didn't talk about a new stage with Piranha Plant's reveal.

The new adventure mode looks pretty cool so far! I wonder who this new enemy will be. Is it Taboo again, or maybe a different form of him? I got Taboo vibes seeing that orb in the middle and the wings, though they looked more angelic than the cyber-butterfly wings of Taboo. Seems like Shulk's vision wasn't enough to help most of the fighters escape those beams of light, but Kirby managed to escape like a badass (gotta love Sakurai's bias coming through by having the character he created being the one to escape it and be our starting hero for this adventure)! I don't see it having as engaging of a story as Subspace Emissary, but it still looks promising. Nice to see that it'll even bring back some Subspace bosses like Galleom.

Fun Direct overall. Looking forward to picking up the game next month!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll be really shocked if any of these 5 characters are not new franchises or third parties.
What new franchises though?

Unless they use another ARMS character, that's out of the running.

They just deconfirmed a ton of characters like Isaac, and a bunch of commonly requested characters.

My prediction is a Xenoblade character, a Fire Emblem character, at least two new third parties, and another third party from an existing franchise (probably Sonic).

Chrono.

Verge says the SE character is DLC and Minecraft content is still a thing, launch or not.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Verge says the SE character is DLC and Minecraft content is still a thing, launch or not.
Where's the source?

Also how many DLC packs are being worked on? I recall 5 being mentioned somewhere.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well I'm back from processing my feelings on the Smash Direct.

As usual, the best cure for a poorly paced Direct is watching everyone else on the internet react to it and realizing I want to punch most of the fandom in the face with far more intensity than I could possibly be disappointed in the contents.

Main things I want to know is what the hell is going on with that single player mode and oh gosh please tell me Sakurai's pointed middle finger to the people who think they know what rules apply to the world isn't one of the five DLC characters.

Speaking of the single player trailer that's more dialog than every other Smash cutscene combined YO. And I feel bad for the Inklings they made the smart call in that situation and it wasn't enough LOL

And name yo Spirits. I'm not sold on the mode but that doesn't mean we aren't calling dibs on stock art because that's definitely what we're doing

I saw Mumkhar and Thanatos in there attention deprived villain time gun b wild

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, let's see what happens.

That said, DLC for SE's character and Steve would make sense IIRC. DLC tends to do money differently, as IIRC, any DLC money would go directly to the license character's owner or something rather than Nintendo, so SE and Steve being DLC to make the money go to SE and Microsoft would make sense.
Where's the source?

Also how many DLC packs are being worked on? I recall 5 being mentioned somewhere.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77156504?jumpto=20#20

Go here if you don't want to go to Gamefaqs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9tad2a/vergeben_confirms_some_additional_content/

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Square and MS stuff being DLC makes loads of sense, it's more beneficial for both parties.

Chrono.

They just deconfirmed a ton of characters like Isaac, and a bunch of commonly requested characters.

My prediction is a Xenoblade character, a Fire Emblem character, at least two new third parties, and another third party from an existing franchise (probably Sonic).
What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be shocked for most of the DLC to be third party dominated.

But if an existing 1st party franchise were to get characters then, yeah, I'd expect Xenoblade or FE to get their due.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey, you go ahead and call Pirahna Plant a joke. You won't be dissin' when he's biting yo ass from across the stage, fam. Y'all plant food.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So we get Piranha Plant in Smash...and people thought Mario wouldn’t have any new character possibilities after Geno and Waluig...bring me my Goomba/Koopa combo

we lost Shadow and Knuckles...and unless Tails, Amy, and Silver aren’t deconfirmed thanks to Spirits...who else could join besides Eggman?

Chrono.

So we get Piranha Plant in Smash...and people thought Mario wouldn’t have any new character possibilities after Geno and Waluig...bring me my Goomba/Koopa combo

we lost Shadow and Knuckles...and unless Tails, Amy, and Silver aren’t deconfirmed thanks to Spirits...who else could join besides Eggman?
Spirits don't deconfirm characters.

Male Wii Fit Trainer is one of them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Thanks.

I'm of mind to believe pretty much anything Vergie says after today. And I see Minecraft and a SE character as locks for DLC.

Some insider mentioned Lloyd possibly being DLC but I forgot who. And then you have the promotional DLC for FE Three Houses coming in the spring most likely so that's 4.

I'd like to believe that maybe the fifth one could be Andy. I know everyone is going to laugh at me for saying that but with Infantry & Tanks being cut, I have a straw graspy theory of him possibly being added in post-release that incorporates the Infantry & Tanks in to his moveset. And there was some Advance Wars content shown off in the Spirits mode so it hasn't all been cut out. Basically, I want to believe I guess.
What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be shocked for most of the DLC to be third party dominated.

But if an existing 1st party franchise were to get characters then, yeah, I'd expect Xenoblade or FE to get their due.
If it were a new series, I honestly believe Advance Wars has a chance for what I said above.

Of course it could always be Rhythm Heaven or Chibi Robo but I want to believe where there's smoke there's fire to the absence of the Infantry & Tanks AT.

Laugh at me afterwards...
I.... basically need time to process this.

Let's just say I'm not too thrilled about the deconfirmations today...
Me to. And for reasons other than most people.

I am, still looking forward to playing the game though.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well I'm back from processing my feelings on the Smash Direct.

As usual, the best cure for a poorly paced Direct is watching everyone else on the internet react to it and realizing I want to punch most of the fandom in the face with far more intensity than I could possibly be disappointed in the contents.

Main things I want to know is what the hell is going on with that single player mode and oh gosh please tell me Sakurai's pointed middle finger to the people who think they know what rules apply to the world isn't one of the five DLC characters.

Speaking of the single player trailer that's more dialog than every other Smash cutscene combined YO. And I feel bad for the Inklings they made the smart call in that situation and it wasn't enough LOL

And name yo Spirits. I'm not sold on the mode but that doesn't mean we aren't calling dibs on stock art because that's definitely what we're doing

I saw Mumkhar and Thanatos in there attention deprived villain time gun b wild
I feel bad for Shulk he watched everyone get eviscerated before it happened and still couldn't stop it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey, the complete song of spirits mode has been uploaded, it's called Lifelight. It's pretty good.

Can't wait to see all the remashes of this on YouTube.
And yeah, this music really sounds like that Evangelion anime music for some reason...

Also more Direct rant.... Nintendo should really stop making the Direct in North America late than Japan... Yeah once again North American Nintendo Directs are a bit late than Japan, so I was spoiled by my brother who was watching the Japanese one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also one quick thing.

As someone who was really looking for an Adventure Mode, I am mixed on what they showed.

On one hand, WE GOT AN ADVENTURE MODE, that's already something. And I do like various things, like how it has RPG progression, right down to the Final Fantasy X skill tree. The map is beautiful and I like how Spirits have a use in it, like Lapras using Surf. Boss Battles should be cool. Oh, and the vocal theme is awesome.

On the other hand, I am disappointed by how there doesn't seem to be any platforming stages. It's gonna be too much like Spirits Mode.

And while I admit that the image of Kirby staring into the distant, detailed backdrop was kinda hilarious....it's really stupid how he's the only starting character. Not that I dislike Kirby, he was my main in Smash 64 even. But it just screams of both laziness and, yeah, I'll say it, Sakurai bias. Not only is the fandom gonna wave this around in those silly "power level" discussions, but it's just a disservice to some of the other characters like Sonic, Bayonetta, and Rosalina, who should have easily been able to escape. It also limits potential, instead of having squads of characters who interact, you're gonna save characters, they'll say thank you, and you'll never hear from them again and there will be no more interaction beyond the ending.

It also would have made way more sense from a gameplay standpoint, and would have been unbiased, if you could choose your own starting character, so your favourite character can be the star of the show. Maybe you can and the trailer was just for example purposes, but I doubt they'd animate the scene with Kirby at the end if that was the case.

I am interested in the mode but it's definitely not what I hoped for.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Yeah... Unless we see Morag and Nia are Spirits too when we get the game, but hey fingers crossed.

The worse case scenario is really this... All XC2 we get are just Rex Mii costume and Spirits... I really hope this isn't the case.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Thanks.

I'm of mind to believe pretty much anything Vergie says after today. And I see Minecraft and a SE character as locks for DLC.

Some insider mentioned Lloyd possibly being DLC but I forgot who. And then you have the promotional DLC for FE Three Houses coming in the spring most likely so that's 4.

I'd like to believe that maybe the fifth one could be Andy. I know everyone is going to laugh at me for saying that but with Infantry & Tanks being cut, I have a straw graspy theory of him possibly being added in post-release that incorporates the Infantry & Tanks in to his moveset. And there was some Advance Wars content shown off in the Spirits mode so it hasn't all been cut out. Basically, I want to believe I guess.
Well, there's no confirmation of only being the 5 so far. For all we know, they could go the Tekken route with multiple characters. But right now, it just seems safe to assume the 5 only so far, but we'll see what happens.
And yeah, I get how you feel with content of your favorite series. I mean, I was disappointed that there was no Custom Robo content(besides a trophy if there was one) in Smash 4, so I was ecstatic when I saw the RayMKIII Gunner outfit.
That said, I'm rooting for you and other fans to have your chance someday.
Yeah... Unless we see Morag and Nia are Spirits too when we get the game, but hey fingers crossed.

The worse case scenario is really this... All XC2 we get are just Rex Mii costume and Spirits... I really hope this isn't the case.
Spirits/Stickers don't deconfirm characters. We have King K Rool and Male Wii Fit Trainer in as Spirits and we all know they are playable.

And as I said, take the Mii outfits with a grain of salt too, as we still have Mii costumes of fighters in the game(and especially if the first Inkling outfits and Chrom outfit return). Sure, it helps to be safe with the outfits, but I still believe Rex can still have a chance even with a Mii Outfit.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel bad for Shulk he watched everyone get eviscerated before it happened and still couldn't stop it.
Oh man, that too LOL. Poor guy didn't even have time to react.

And don't even get me started on the Best Game Trio. Palutena last ditch tries to cover herself while Pit and Pittoo get clipped out of the freaking sky. Then there's Sonic where his last moment is hanging back running way slower than he should be going desperately trying to grab Pikachu's paw to pull him forward, Lucario can sense everything chasing after him with his aura but can't move fast enough. . .what I'm saying is all of my poor children tried their best and were still murdered. Fricking hell watching the clip again you can even see Power of Flight cut out on the boys as soon as Palutena drops. You can see their moment of panic as they start dropping and everything.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also one quick thing.

As someone who was really looking for an Adventure Mode, I am mixed on what they showed.

On one hand, WE GOT AN ADVENTURE MODE, that's already something. And I do like various things, like how it has RPG progression, right down to the Final Fantasy X skill tree. The map is beautiful and I like how Spirits have a use in it, like Lapras using Surf. Boss Battles should be cool. Oh, and the vocal theme is awesome.

On the other hand, I am disappointed by how there doesn't seem to be any platforming stages. It's gonna be too much like Spirits Mode.

And while I admit that the image of Kirby staring into the distant, detailed backdrop was kinda hilarious....it's really stupid how he's the only starting character. Not that I dislike Kirby, he was my main in Smash 64 even. But it just screams of both laziness and, yeah, I'll say it, Sakurai bias. Not only is the fandom gonna wave this around in those silly "power level" discussions, but it's just a disservice to some of the other characters like Sonic, Bayonetta, and Rosalina, who should have easily been able to escape. It also limits potential, instead of having squads of characters who interact, you're gonna save characters, they'll say thank you, and you'll never hear from them again and there will be no more interaction beyond the ending.

It also would have made way more sense from a gameplay standpoint, and would have been unbiased, if you could choose your own starting character, so your favourite character can be the star of the show. Maybe you can and the trailer was just for example purposes, but I doubt they'd animate the scene with Kirby at the end if that was the case.

I am interested in the mode but it's definitely not what I hoped for.
This is one of the few if only times I'll say that Sakurai bias was real.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm going to wait a bit on some more info on adventure mode, 'cuz there is alot to like right now, but there is definitly place for improvement.

Tho, I'm definitly more excited for this than Smash Tour. (Even if it's not exactly hard to surpass, but still, props where props is due)

Plus, there seem to be some exploration on the maps outside of the main path, which is very interesting.

Finally, that main theme with lyric is 100/10, I love it.

D

Deleted member

Not going to lie, the direct kind of sucked and I didn’t even care if the Grinch leak was true considering Ken was the only character in that leak I cared for. Incineroar looks fun, way better choice than Decidueye. And I love that we have a wrestling character in smash. I just feel like the K. Rool reveal should have been swapped with this reveal.

PP looks ****ing amazing though.

What makes it suck though is that the menu stuff is a real bore, most of it can easily be skimmed through and you wouldn’t miss much. And spirit mode may be glorified stickers, but at least now they have actual apparent changes rather than just changing stats. That would have sucked.

The assist trophies in this game are also pretty rad.

The game is still great, I just think content between the directs could have been paced better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, there's no confirmation of only being the 5 so far. For all we know, they could go the Tekken route with multiple characters. But right now, it just seems safe to assume the 5 only so far, but we'll see what happens.
And yeah, I get how you feel with content of your favorite series. I mean, I was disappointed that there was no Custom Robo content(besides a trophy if there was one) in Smash 4, so I was ecstatic when I saw the RayMKIII Gunner outfit.
That said, I'm rooting for you and other fans to have your chance someday.
And here I was thinking Custom Robo was RIP but then this Direct happened. Looks like it's not so dead after all.

And there's a lot to it I think with the lack of Advance Wars stuff. There wasn't any Mii Costumes in addition to the absent AT whereas other niche series got that treatment. Additionally, if any of those series were to get a playable character, I believe that content would have been shown off later. All you got to do is look at all the other niche series that are represented in this game as AT's as well. Not to mention AW is still going to have presence in the Spirits Mode.

So I guess that's the silver lining. Maybe Andy could have been a low priority character or something and they're going to make him DLC.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
-3 ****ing XC2 tracks and no XCX ones god are you kidding me
Hopefully that's because they're being grouped with Elma and a Xenoblade Chronicles X stage as part of the season pass.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Now I'm just replaying the clip of Pit and Dark Pit starting to fall out of the sky over and over again and each time I watch it my heart sinks a little lower.

Looking even closer Palutena was trying to shield THEM, not herself.

We. . .we don't deserve these selfless snarkypoos, I think I'm starting to fog up the bit. The best cinnamon rolls die not for themselves but for the sake of other cinnamon rolls.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The game is still great, I just think content between the directs could have been paced better.
I think Sakurai would've agreed with you. I mean, those were his thoughts after the one Direct with Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus and King K. Rool, which is the one where everybody practically raised their expectations.

D

Deleted member

Now I'm just replaying the clip of Pit and Dark Pit starting to fall out of the sky over and over again and each time I watch it my heart sinks a little lower.

Looking even closer Palutena was trying to shield THEM, not herself.

We. . .we don't deserve these selfless snarkypoos, I think I'm starting to fog up the bit. The best cinnamon rolls die not for themselves but for the sake of other cinnamon rolls.
At least it’s not as dumb as Samus trying to SHOOT the incoming giant lasers.

But yeah, everyone got Super Buu’d.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom