• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

r/smashbros are on meltdown, I don't even wanna look at the discussion thread here.

I enjoyed the Direct, but I am a bit skeptical on Spirits and World of Light. I'm glad bosses are back though.

Also told y'all Ken would have more differences than your average echo. Incineroar looks pretty sick too.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I assume that he'll be available to buy later (probably for cheaper than the season pass characters); it's just that him being free is a limited time event. I can't see them making a Smash Bros. character only available for a month or two and then never available again. (at least, I think they said January 31st was the limit)
I know a lot told us to not being rude to a newcomer but Pirahna Plant is probably the worst character reveal in my opinion...

And isn't having an assist trophy, as a Spirit, as a Mii costume automatically deconfirms the character being playable in Smash?

D

Deleted member

Oh man, oh man, OH MAN. I'm trying to load up the Official Discussion thread to see how things went there so let's recap:
-Kencineroar trailer is literally as everyone predicted
-Ken and Incineroar as the last fighters. Not only proving Verg right but the Box too.
-Spirits took way too much time for something so uninteresting tbh. It's just... Stickers... Which was the single worst collectible in all of Smash. Like, I really didn't need 10+ minutes of it.
-Also rip trophies which I'm really sad for
-A lot of this Direct was unnecessary info actually. Seriously do we really need to know about Options and the Help menu?
-Online is what I expected and wanted though and I'm glad it is this way. Just wish there was a For Glory option for quick matches. Hopefully the community can agree on a ruleset to make it easier to connect but with Custom Lobbies that might not be needed.
-Okay, Isaac and Shadow being kept for so long is just straight up a **** move
-BLACK KNIGHT BLACK KNIGHT BLACK KNIG
-Rip Dillon's AT
-Also rip Skull Kid not even an AT
-Rip the Wonder-Red AT dream
-3 ****ing XC2 tracks and no XCX ones god are you kidding me
-New Mii Costumes look good but rip still no Wonder-Mask
-Grinch died so ****ing hard
-I'm still laughing over Piranha Plant
-I think no Geno in sight pretty much confirms Square isn't up for it
-World of Light looks really ****ing hype tho but haha I predicted that Dracula and Rathalos were the only two new bosses and the others would be returning from SSE and now I hate myself :'^)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That was a lot to take in.

1. Ken is in and he has most of the stuff I'd want him to have, Multi-Hit Tatsu, Fire Shoryu, Kick Focus Attack and new Final Smashes.
2. Icineroar looks sick, even cooler than I first imagined him being. Gonna try him out as soon as I can. He's got a ton of personality.
3. RIP my boys Isaac and Spring Man. But at least they are in the game at all.
4. Gutsman remix is cool.
5. RIP Black Knight too, he even has a red effect on his sword.
6. Dr. Wily is an assist too? That's pretty cool.
7. Shadow's still an assist too, so that's a bit disappointing for those that wanted him.
8. Spirits mode seems interesting.
9. Glad 100 man Melee is back.
10. All Star from the get is cool, though it seems to work more like a typical Survival mode.
11. Guile's a good choice for a Street Fighter Assist.
12. Season Pass confirmed 5 characters and 5 stages at least.
13. Poor Sakurai, man just wants a break.
14. Everyone got bopped like some some Infinity Gauntlet/Zeno ****.
15. Shantae made a cameo of some sort.
16. Adventure mode looks cool, but I just want to fight a ton of bosses already.
17. Shulk's Spider-Sense couldn't save everyone.
18. Online mode has me a bit worried, I hope it'll end up well.
19. Fatal Frame is back at it again I guess.
20. ***** WHO THE **** WAS EXPECTING PIRANHA PLANT? EXCUSE ME! BRUH, BEFORE B.DEE, WALUIGI AND TOAD. NO ONE SAW IT COMING, THIS IS WEIRDER THAN WII FIT TRAINER, **** YOU. I'm interested in using it though.
21. Is Piranha Plant apart of the Season Pass or not? That's what I'm confused by, because it sounded like the Season Pass characters weren't started yet.
22. Yoshi's got that Melee Stampede for his new Final Smash.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh my God.

I thought you guys meant Petey Piranha.

But that's his FINAL SMASH.

The legit Pirahna Plant is a playable ****ing character.

He's on my mains now. This is the best character in the god damn game.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
3 ****ing XC2 tracks and no XCX ones god are you kidding me
I want Black Tar... or Uncontrollable... but hey XC2 tracks are good too.
Not even an Elma Mii costume too lol... and for some it seems that Mii costume doesn't mean Rex is deconfirmed as a DLC playable character.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK.

I think I need to take off this forum for some days, just so I can deal with my dissapointement first before dealing with everyone dissapointement.

But like...Pirahana Plant, why? Sakurai, WHY?!

I-urgh, I'm so...I don't know, I need to take a freakin' bath or somethin'.

Btw, before anyone jump at me, I'm saying that because I see a OCEAN of salt coming from this one character, forget Corrin & Bayo, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE SALT CHARACTER

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love the idea that Piranha Plant made it in playable just so they could reuse Petey’s boss moveset as a final smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Geno is a Spirit.

I can't post the pic because Smashboards is ****ting the bed but he's there.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Press F for Xenoblade 2 fans

Press F really hard for Xenoblade X fans

At least I got Ken and Incenaroar so Im good to go.

Drifting_Souls.mp3

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shadow still an AT character saddens me...and Shantae managed to make an appearance in Smash at the least...though the new story mode had me bleeding out gold

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Now I think Incineroar is seen as pre-leukemia Roman Reigns entering #30 at the Royal Rumble.

He looks fun as **** tho.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, looks like in the end, the Grinch didn't leak the roster. It came so quickly.

On the other hand...

I ****ing lost it at Piranha Plant! Like OMG! That was amazing! I need to see the reactions now! The jokes about a random enemy getting over a named character have finally come to bite back....literally!

That aside...
-Spirits and World of Light have potential.
-Sorta sad about no trophies, but I can also see why they probably didn't want to do them.
-Sorry for Isaac and Shadow fans. I'm still rooting for you to have your chance someday. It worked for Chrom, someday it should work for Isaac and Shadow too.
-OMG at Custom Robo content! I'll take that Ray MKIII Gunner outfit for whatever it's worth!
-Nice to see Mii Costumes back and the list is looking good. Seeing as that Toad and Captain Falcon outfit are back, here's hoping the other DLC costumes like the Monster Hunter ones are back too.
-So they have 5 Fighters planned with 5 stages each and some music for each. Not bad so far. And here's hoping they continue after those 5.
-Definitely glad that Music can be bought in the Shop now, rather than having to wait for Mew or Celebi to drop them.

Either way, pretty straightforward Direct, regardless of the amount of salt I guarantee will drop. And I can't wait to see the reactions to Piranha Plant. But that aside, I'm rooting for you Isaac and Shadow fans to have your chance someday. And with that, now to wait for the game to come out.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The worst thing is that I love how Incineroar look and play, it's everything I wanted from him....beside maybe the voice, but that, we can change it.

Adventure Mode look great too, and they are others things that I really like about this direct, but man...I'm so sad for some alot of peoples, they really didn't deserve this.

I don't know anymore, I need take a break.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I had my doubts about the Grinch leak.

I also had my doubts about Vergeben.

Honestly, looking back at it? I should've trusted Vergeben some more. 7 characters being revealed in one direct when Sakurai himself not to expect too many newcomers this time around was unrealistic. I guess that proves that text leaks can be just as legitimate as photo leaks.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, can we talk about the Rex Mii Costumes?

Because I think that's the thing that actually killed me, not sure if it was in a good way or not, but wow....didn't see that one coming.

Atleast we have some Xenoblade 2 music too, that's another good thing in my book.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I had my doubts about the Grinch leak.

I also had my doubts about Vergeben.

Honestly, looking back at it? I should've trusted Vergeben some more. 7 characters being revealed in one direct when Sakurai himself not to expect too many newcomers this time around was unrealistic. I guess that proves that text leaks can be just as legitimate as photo leaks.
He was wrong about the Minecraft content though.

D

Deleted member

If I learned one thing from this direct, it's to never believe leaks ever again.
I'm so disappointed that i can't even think straight

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well I got spoiled for one character. Who the **** thought a piranha plant was a better choice than like 1000 other characters. That is actually just a dumb character.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Well I've never been so tempted to cancel a preorder until today. Just wow.

The good things: Ken is in, which I'm super happy. The Black Knight and Tiki got in as AT's which is great, and Guile got in (Surprised it isn't Chun Li tbh) which means GUILE THEME WOOOOO. Also the story mode looks neat, and that vocal song was awesome. Online also seems better.

The bad... First, Xenoblade was done dirty, I felt personally attacked lol. Like "Yeah we know you guys wanted this character, but we decided the roster before his game came out. We know you guys want him, so instead of DLC have this costume. And you'll also get 3 songs." RIP Xenoblade X, how could they simply forget it??? I'm in complete disbelief about that... Not even a single song. I think I saw the skells in one of the spirits, but still, this pissed me off hard.

Speaking of, Spirits just was sticker mode from Brawl. Seems so boring... So much time wasted on that. I dunno, getting rid of throphies for that I don't think was the smartest idea. I loved getting to the menus and reading about the characters, and watching the 3D models. Now we only get png's of our favorite characters. Yay.

And the ultimate salt, Piranha plant. As much as I didn't care that much for the previous newcomers, they weren't additions I actually disliked. Welp, they did it, they have added a character I absolutely despise. The mere concept of it just disgusts me. Feel free to like it, but I think it was one of the worsts possible additions to the roster. Whatever, no real point in raging about what is done. (At least there are some good memes already, can't upload though them due to the site being like it is)

I don't know man... I feel horrible. Xenoblade content was taken completely out of the picture. Unless they add someone I really want as DLC (Rayman, Wright, Dante, Monster Hunter) this game will leave a sour taste in my mouth.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
To any and all Skull Kid fans, I heavily recommend against looking at Assist Trophies in the website.

Then again, me saying that probably spoiled it... Sorry :lol:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can't believe we live in a world where someone can say "I main Pirahna Plant in Super Smash Bros."

Peoples thought in the past we were going to get flying car in 2018, but oh boy, they couldn't be more wrong.

....Wait, why I am still here?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think the biggest shocker is that the safest bet: Shadow, got deconfirmed.

He even got Ashley'd; getting shown for a bit moment just to kill hopes.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
OK.

I think I need to take off this forum for some days, just so I can deal with my dissapointement first before dealing with everyone dissapointement.

But like...Pirahana Plant, why? Sakurai, WHY?!

I-urgh, I'm so...I don't know, I need to take a freakin' bath or somethin'.

Btw, before anyone jump at me, I'm saying that because I see a OCEAN of salt coming from this one character, forget Corrin & Bayo, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE SALT CHARACTER
And even though Sakurai never said Rex was deconfirmed as DLC playable, I think Rex really being a DLC playable character becomes more slim...

Oh well... Nia and Elma, up to you guys. Notice how these two characters were never appeared in the Direct in any form?Hm...

And... THIS TWEET:

The bad... First, Xenoblade was done dirty, I felt personally attacked lol. Like "Yeah we know you guys wanted this character, but we decided the roster before his game came out. We know you guys want him, so instead of DLC have this costume. And you'll also get 3 songs." RIP Xenoblade X, how could they simply forget it??? I'm in complete disbelief about that... Not even a single song. I think I saw the skells in one of the spirits, but still, this pissed me off hard.
Stay positive my friend, notice how they only show Zeke and Tora spirits... but no Nia? I think she just might be the one.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Hey, the complete song of spirits mode has been uploaded, it's called Lifelight. It's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom