• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

To all the people who say "no" about Swamp's question make a good point too.

Also..... am I the only one that likes regular nice Marth much better than the mean and selfish Marth that people like to make in the comics?

Regular nice Marth is more charming and more enjoyable than tsundre trash Marth.

True nice marth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mean, selfish tsundre trash Marth

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think there's a huge boner in the fighting game community for "deep combo 2D games" where all that matters are if the game has a wide gap between casual and competitive players and if the game doesn't do that it's bad. Literally any game that doesn't focus on a "press buttons in specific order to combo" gets **** for being "shallow" or "repetitive", regardless of its own actual strengths. All it looks like is whining that the game isn't like the ones they're used to play and that it doesn't pander to the way they think a fighting game should be played.
I feel that's mostly been true but I saw lots of praise on FighterZ for simplifying things a lot.

Can't say I see much praise for the complexity in ASW's other fighters but maybe that's just down to what communities I see and those I don't.

D

Deleted member

Also..... am I the only one that likes regular nice Marth much better than the mean and selfish Marth that people like to make in the comics?

Regular nice Marth is more charming and more enjoyable than tsundre trash Marth.

While I put in tsundre and trash together, I am not offending tsundre people.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Which comic? The zombie one?

I don't know much about FE, but I don't think Marth was a very interesting character in his debut game (remake not counted).

Are they any FE expert here that can confirm that?

D

Deleted member

Which comic? The zombie one?

I don't know much about FE, but I don't think Marth was a very interesting character in his debut game (remake not counted).

Are they any FE expert here that can confirm that?
Opossum and AmericanDJ talked about it a while back.
Marth is actually as a nice character who loves everyone and his allies in his teams, but people in the comic like to make him a tsundre-like character who is selfish and a bit mean. When I mean comic, not official comics. Fan-made comics.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Marth is actually as a nice character who loves everyone and his allies in his teams, but people in the comic like to make him a tsundre-like character who is selfish and a bit mean. When I mean comic, not official comics. Fan-made comics.
Yeah, the zombie comic then.

I don't follow the comic, but you know it's not serious, right?

Beside, this Marth and the original Marth are trash, my Marth is better.:4metaknight:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm liking my new phone wallpaper right now.

Been wanting it to involve Blade Nia but her design is so inherently "wew lad" up close that it would be impossible for me to not get funny looks.

This makes it work without showing too much though.

Also maximum wholesome.

View attachment 144464
My laptop wallpaper... is pretty standard...
The black XC2 wallpaper you get on the XC2 website...
And the Mythra version of XC2 main cover wallpaper... got from Reddit I think.
Not, it's Brighid...

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the zombie comic then.

I don't follow the comic, but you know it's not serious, right?

Beside, this Marth and the original Marth are trash, my Marth is better.:4metaknight:
HOW IS YOUR MARTH???? HMMMM????

At least the nice Marth would give free hugs to me. I generally am not the biggest fan of hugging, but I feel like nice Marth would be worthy of a hug.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
HOW IS YOUR MARTH???? HMMMM????

At least the nice Marth would give free hugs to me. I generally am not the biggest fan of hugging, but I feel like nice Marth would be worthy of a hug.
Ah, I'm not going to reveal it, you don't deserve my Marth. :v

And you know, while Marth is nice. I don't think he would give free hugs to strangers, nothing against you, but that would seem a bit...suspicious to say the least.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here's a question for you guys.

Are gamers too critical?

Do we spend so much time focusing on the flaws of a game that we force ourselves to not enjoy it when we normally would?
Simple answer... it depends...

Games that are highly anticipated will surely get more critical reviews, like me I will always be critical when it comes to Mario, Smash bros and Xenoblade games, because these are the games I like the most.

D

Deleted member

Ah, I'm not going to reveal it, you don't deserve my Marth. :v

And you know, while Marth is nice. I don't think he would give free hugs to strangers, nothing against you, but that would seem a bit...suspicious to say the least.
What if he understood me? Yes, he would give hugs to some kind people and his friends. Maybe not strangers, but still.

Also FEH reset my tapping rounds again and gave us extra stages. Lots of tapping I got to do when I get home.

Also going to go to school. Bye for now! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I feel that's mostly been true but I saw lots of praise on FighterZ for simplifying things a lot.

Can't say I see much praise for the complexity in ASW's other fighters but maybe that's just down to what communities I see and those I don't.
Tbh, I didn't follow DBFZ nor have I played it so I can't talk about it but from all the praise I've heard of it, I've never heard someone praise it for its simplicity.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Are gamers too critical?

Do we spend so much time focusing on the flaws of a game that we force ourselves to not enjoy it when we normally would?
We’re a weird bunch.

Some focus far too much on the flaws of a game to enjoy it. That very much is true. Some even make up flaws based on experiences from unrelated games, like how I backed down from Splatoon 1 due to my experiences with FPS games even though none of my FPS complaints really apply in that game.

Others are far too much in love with a game to see any flaws, even if there objectively are, and will defend that “perfect” game until they die. Almost as if admitting the game has flaws means hating the game to them, which is quite the exaggeration, but that’s the power of having heavy bias. I guess.

So yeah, some of us are too critical, others not nearly enough. We’re weird either way.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Tbh, I didn't follow DBFZ nor have I played it so I can't talk about it but from all the praise I've heard of it, I've never heard someone praise it for its simplicity.
I once watched a tournament for it and the commentators were basically gushing over how your little cousin could almost beat you but at the same time, they can't.

I've seen heaps of praise for it not having a million things to consider all at once and the ease of performing combos and specials. It found a nice balance for casuals to pick up and play while offering depth that competitive players can enjoy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's just a fandom in-joke mostly within the Smash community. Most Smash fans haven't played any Fire Emblem games featuring Marth so they just project a personality onto him. The reason it's a snarky and snooty personality is because of official screenshots like this.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Gamers are masochists. We relish in the pain that we bring upon ourselves for the things we love to hate.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's just a fandom in-joke mostly within the Smash community. Most Smash fans haven't played any Fire Emblem games featuring Marth so they just project a personality onto him. The reason it's a snarky and snooty personality is because of official screenshots like this.

Doesn't help that he speaks a language most gamers don't understand in the Smash games.

Gamers are masochists.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Are gamers too critical?

I would say yes...

But I think the main reasons for that is two things:

1)Nostalgia...this game isn't as good as any game I liked many years ago so therefore it's inferior...often times because of this one tiny thing I don't like that my favourite game from twenty years ago also had but was too young to notice at the time...

2)A lot of us are spending our own money on games now and we become a lot more choosy with our games and want the best possible quality for our money spent

In other words, it's just millenials being millenials...I see over criticisms in other media as well, just look at how well the DCU films are being received or the new Star Wars films...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Are gamers too critical?

Sometimes, sure. I've definitely seen instances of people exaggerating or over stating flaws of games. I suppose it's a subjective matter.

There's definitely stuff gamers as a whole are decidedly uncritical of, though.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so heres my opinion on the rumors more than likely being real, could be good could be bad as long as gen 8 gets to have a real game and not a repeat of gen 6 ill be happy,

so yeah what do you guys think of pokemon lets go commit taxfraud/pokemon lets go arrest yoshi

D

Deleted member

@ "are gamers too critical?"
Well, yeah, but they kinda need to. Maybe not in the way we see today but games are way more of an investment than any sort of media. You can pick up a book and read it or just go the cinema to watch a movie but for a game, you need to buy a console, whatever add ons not included(like HDs for more storage space or additional controllers) it may have, and the games themselves. It's a lot more expensive and if you aren't more critical with your choices, you'll end up sinking a ton of money into bad things.
A bad movie costs, what, $9? A bad game costs $60, and that's assuming you already have the console it's on.
Basically, the overly-critical nature of the gaming community has to do with the fact they need to be to get their money's worth.

I don't think the problem we see today is that we're overly critical but rather that we act like our opinions should be everyone else's, not that it's exclusive to gaming, it sure isn't, but it is more noticeable when we constantly demand perfection.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So you know those Pokemon rumours?

Well some domains have just been registered.

Before you think the rumours are now confirmed, it's not clear who registered them. Could just be someone unrelated to Nintendo/TPC.
Now this is the kind of data I can hop in on.

Current verdict: Dug into pokemonletsgoeevee.com. I'm having a hard time verifying either way. Plausible but skeptical.

If you look at the whois for both Nintendo and TPC's main websites, you can see they're not typically shy about declaring themselves the registrants. However, it would be equally common to keep that info private before it's gone public. And CSC is listed as the registrar for each of those.

Digs for pokemonletsgoeevee.com points out to a pair of servers in a /16 owned by CSC. Now it doesn't look like that meshes up with the servers responding for nintendo.com, or for pokemon.com or pokemon-sunmoon.com (which point to the same server). However, each of these seems to point out to a CDN at the www, and while I can't pin a redirect per se for at least pokemon-sunmoon.com (it seems to complete without a fuss) navigating to it redirects you to the www, which makes me think they've got something set up on that server to shuffle it around. I'm not skilled enough on the web dev side to answer for precisely what.

What I do find interesting about CSC in the digs is that CSC is listed as the authoritative nameservers for pokemon.com and pokemon-sunmoon.com, meaning they're handling their DNS hosting.

So the next question would be what's up with those servers that the A records point to. But navigating to the page, it's blank.

Now I'm not sure if having basic resolution with an associated blank page is something CSC does by default in their ecosystem or not. What I will say is that I know we don't, and it wouldn't make sense to me to do it (why bother with a blank page when you could just throw NXDOMAIN and ensure a relatively low query count until you take the site live?) which has me questioning this.

But at the same time, unless I want to go register something with CSC to see how they do it (spoiler alert, I don't; corporate hosting like that outstrips the cash I'd be willing to pay) I can't provide firm evidence against it.
avi_thirsty.png

And a g'morning to you too.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
My free summon was a Brave Ike.

+Def/-HP

Is that better than neutral? I'm thinking it might be, but I'm not 100% sure and need some opinions.
Unless you're using Quick Riposte (and Bike could use Vantage or Wrath almost as well), I've always mathed up HP as a sort of mini-Def/Res boost. Under that, I think you've effectively got a weaker version of +Def (since the boon still beats out the lost bulk) / -Res (since you lose a little bulk but keep what little Res he had).

That beats Neutral to me. Rest of y'all feel free to weigh in.

Additionally, you can bring him back to normal with the HP+3 seal if you need the bulk back, or throw on Distant Def and just not care.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Unless you're using Quick Riposte (and Bike could use Vantage or Wrath almost as well), I've always mathed up HP as a sort of mini-Def/Res boost. Under that, I think you've effectively got a weaker version of +Def (since the boon still beats out the lost bulk) / -Res (since you lose a little bulk but keep what little Res he had).

That beats Neutral to me. Rest of y'all feel free to weigh in.

Additionally, you can bring him back to normal with the HP+3 seal if you need the bulk back, or throw on Distant Def and just not care.
I am using Quick Riposte lol

Then again, -HP would make QR range slightly easier to math (40 instead of 43) and my Bike is pretty good as sustaining himself...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
BBCTB's problem is certainly not its gameplay, it has solely to do with the DLC practices and roster imbalance.

I think there's a huge boner in the fighting game community for "deep combo 2D games" where all that matters are if the game has a wide gap between casual and competitive players and if the game doesn't do that it's bad. Literally any game that doesn't focus on a "press buttons in specific order to combo" gets **** for being "shallow" or "repetitive", regardless of its own actual strengths. All it looks like is whining that the game isn't like the ones they're used to play and that it doesn't pander to the way they think a fighting game should be played.
unpopular opinion but I dont think the DLC is that bad. Iir, arent some of thr DLC free for a time and I also like how easy it is for me to jump into the game thanks yo the auto combos. I can auto combo but still need to learn to do do thr stick skills right

Are gamers too critical?

Yes

why get your panties in a bunch over grapics and Frames per second when you can just play to have fun for once

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
unpopular opinion but I dont think the DLC is that bad. Iir, arent some of thr DLC free for a time and I also like how easy it is for me to jump into the game thanks yo the auto combos. I can auto combo but still need to learn to do do thr stick skills right
If I recall, only Blake and Yang are free. The 18 other ones will cost money.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hi @「Mega Bidoof」.

EDIT: Alright everyone. Gonna start a new game in Red ++. Whenever I make a team, I choose a single Pokémon and build around it. Due to the in game wonder trading, its easier to do so.

So my question to you- which should I build around? Growlithe or Magby?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hi @「Mega Bidoof」.

EDIT: Alright everyone. Gonna start a new game in Red ++. Whenever I make a team, I choose a single Pokémon and build around it. Due to the in game wonder trading, its easier to do so.

So my question to you- which should I build around? Growlithe or Magby?
Those are funny ways to spell Eevee.

I guess run Growlithe because at least it evolves into something that's not a disappointing pile of buttface.

[EDIT]: And also because how could you say no to a set called Helpful Pupper?

upload_2018-5-16_10-4-40.png

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Are gamers too critical?

• Always be critical of what you love
  • Unless you’re talking about framerates

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Fighting the final boss of XC2...doing decently well...not getting completely bodied but chipping away activated level IV Blade Special with Pyra, then...

[Software Closed Due to an Error]

U ****ING WOT, MATE!!!!!?!?!

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Fighting the final boss of XC2...doing decently well...not getting completely bodied but chipping away activated level IV Blade Special with Pyra, then...

[Software Closed Due to an Error]

U ****ING WOT, MATE!!!!!?!?!
Oh yeah, the latest update made so that, no matter what level IV special you use, the game crash.

So yeah, now that you know it, don't use it the two special IV until it get fixed like, in the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom