• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, there's only so much truth we can tell in this place. :061:
One of my previous post already ruined my reputation. So, I might as well embrace it and go deeper into the hole.:132:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My thoughts of the Pokemon Direct:
- I highly expected a port of Pokken Tournament for the Switch. Good to see that Decidueye is added.
- It will be interesting to see what other details come along for Ultra Sun and Moon.
- Nice to see that the GBC versions of Gold and Silver is coming as well. I have classic memories with those games.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Speaking of something else, are they peoples here who are excited for EVO? If yes, are you excited for other games other than Smash?
Mainly for Street Fighter V, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, KOFXIV and Tekken 7.

EDIT: I realised I duplicated my post, can someone edit my post and transfer it over to my last post if possible?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Got woke up midway through my sleep by OPC. I have a mouse problem. The irony is not lost on me.

So here's my impressions from catching up on the thread.

- All the salt over Pokken. Saw it coming, still depressing to watch it play out.
If y'all are going to fight, can you at least give me time to print handbills?

- Hugs for Coricus Coricus and Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo .
Would offer additional support but currently face down in a pillow. Rain check.

- Someone get @Substitution a medal.
Seriously. Man speaks truth.

Now back to bed I go. If you'll excuse me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if Decidueye & Litten/Popplio support will be added to the arcade version of Pokken Tournament?

INB4 Arcade version gets even more content making the console version outdated again. :upsidedown:

D

Deleted member

FE SoV Act 6 spoilers
Clair died on the second map and... she actually died? She even mentioned a "boy" which I assume is her and Gray's son.
Just found it neat that story-relevant characters can actually die in the postgame. People die when they are killed.

These maps are way too easy though, dunno why people were saying they're a huge leap in enemy stats

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pokemon Direct thoughts
-Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon: Interesting. Can't wait for more info. Was hoping for the Switch to get a mainline game, but eh.
-Pokemon Tournament DX: Unsurprised. Would've liked the arcade characters as DLC for the Wii U version, but it makes sense why(not supporting a dead system more or less). Too bad. Anyway, looks fun.
-Gold and Silver VC: Nice. Very fun games, though sometimes unbalanced, but that happens with many Pokemon games anyway.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alastor and Jet Black were the only real competitors in the last Viewtiful Joe poll. But the smug rival with a Round Trip beat him by one vote in the end. All according to plan considering the series I will cover next.

Kamiya's former baby Devil May Cry has a cast of lovable, strong, and stylish characters that were playable in a variety of games. Some were even consistent guests in select Capcom crossovers (including Viewtiful Joe). Your choices are Dante, Vergil, Lady, and Trish.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Why I did this? Because Lord Mundus wanted me to make you all suffer hard. :evil:
Definitely voting for Dante. I only got into DMC recently, but I wound up writing a lengthy moveset for him, something that I rarely do for any character. He just seems like he'd be a lot of fun to play as, even if his odds aren't great for a wide variety of reasons.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Really liked FE Echoes, all the weird differences Gaiden had certainly made the game feel fresh, alongside the beautiful presentation with FULL VOICE ACTING and the best artstyle the series has had yet imo.
My thoughts on the game
It's sad we won't see many of these features in this game, because I loved them. I at least hope they keep the Archer's 1-5 Rng in future games because that's what they've been needing since the start.

Arts are a much better way to handle skills than proc chances, this way the game is less influenced by the RNG. Speaking of which Mila's Turnwheel helps alleviate that even more in the case of unfortunate misses or enemy crits.

The small cast allows for much more deep characterization and I'm glad for that, these are some of my favorite characters in the franchise and I can't fins one that I outright hate. Alm and Celica are great Lords and one of my favorites now, alongside the FE7 trio
Supports and base convos certainly help and the support bonuses are finally and actually balanced.

Map design is bland for the most part, I won't deny that, castle/fortress maps are probably my favorites and the best designed ones, special mentions go to Grieth's Citadel and Nuibaba's Abode.
Still, despite the very open maps, the game really shines with unit positioning, which is where it really tries to focus, enemies are walls and stairs and you have to create your own "walls" if you want to block enemy movement.
There's also how the game rewards Player Phase combat, which is how I have more fun and find way more interesting than leaving a strong unit in the middle of the enemy forces and watch them all suicide.
Maximizing damage, Archers' range, how Spells and Arts work, "infinite" support magic, Cantors and high gap in class Mov, these all help into making it so that you focus on acting on your turn rather than turtle or wait the enemy move. I think I might have had the most fun out of any FE game with this one, simply bwating Conquest's great maps due to all the other stuff it does better than it.

Speaking of doing stuff better than Fates, let's talk about the story.
Character writing is definitely much better and consistent but the overall story is concise and breaks traditional FE tropes, though these are really just Unbuilt Tropes from Gaiden which makes me wonder why we rarely see such subversions.
Unlike Fates's laughable attempt at Gray Morality, Echoes has it in full effect, you can hardly call anyone but some minor bosses completely evil:
Rigel started the war due to their crops dying resulting in a big starvation(and they actually bring it up in more than one sentence!!!), Zofia is portrayed as lazy and too dependable on their God despite Rigel being able to survive without Duma constantly growing their crops. None are in the right and the game clearly shows that.
Rudolf is more than a simple one-note evil Emperor and is actually someone who deeply cares for his people and family, a mastermind with a plan that had a failsafe and actually a nice person when he isn't pretending to be a tyrant.
The Church of Duma isn't a Religion of Evil despite most of its member, hell not even Duma is evil, sure there's a price for his powers but he never forces them into anyone.
Desaix may come off as a cartoon villain at first but he's the first to figure everything out about Alm and despite his selfish intentions, it's not like Zofia was any better when the king was alive.
Even Jedah is just mad because he can't accept his God dying and doesn't believe that men can live without Gods. Still, he's the most evil of the bunch and certainly deserved his fate.
Fernand and Berkut hardly come off as sympathetic but they're certainly not pure evil and I feel like rhey deserved a better ending.

Still, I am a little bit scared, some of the new plot points feel forced, Fernand's sudden death, Berkut going completely mad and sacrificing Rinea, Faye as a whole and Conrad not doing anything besides moving the plot forward before him revealing his identity.
It scares me because this might have fallen the same fate as Fates's plot and I hope it doesn't affect FE16

Still, I loved this game and I gove it a 9/10.
Favorite chars and stuff
Favorite male character on Alm's route: Zeke. Runner up: Tobin
Favorite female character on Alm's route: Clair. Runner up: Mathilda
Favorite male character on Celica's route: Leon. Runner up: Saber
Favorite female character on Celica's route: Sonya. Runner up: Mae

Favorite character overall: Leon. Runner up: Zeke.

Favorite map: The Final Battle. Runner up: Rigel Castle.
Favorite boss: Rudolf. Runner up: M. Bison Grieth
Favorite Battle theme: Those Who Challenge Gods. Runner up: A Blade on the Wind
Favorite Boss theme: The Fell God's Tempest. Runner up: The Fallen Knight
Favorite Map theme: Lord of a Dead Empire. Runner up: The Sacrifice and the Saint.

Favorite Quote: "Your fetish for power is simply barbaric. Where's all the joy? The love? Your perfect world is as dull as dirt."
Runner up: "We will create a world with no need for Gods!"*
*not an actual quote

I'd love that(with specific Rival battles like B2W2 too) but, as far as we know, this game is sort of a retelling of SM.
I think we will see some form of link feature as SM have gone over the multiverse theory already so nothing stops a SM character to suddenly find themselves in USUM

Only complaint about the game is that this quote is nowhere to be found
0/10 #JustPlayGaidenBro

You a little late for this one, it's been around since prerelease
But I wonder what Clair's codename would be...

And there's also this one
Parks and Rec just goes too well with Echoes

I actually would have made Clair "it happened once in a dream" if I was making it. Or Mathilda.

They both made him blush he knows what's up

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The NeoGaf post. It was pretty freaking hilarious IMO.
Oh thank lord, thanks for the answer. My head can stop stressing for nothing now.

Really, I need to stop posting when it's late for me. It's really bad for my head. <_>

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
FE SoV Act 6 spoilers
Clair died on the second map and... she actually died? She even mentioned a "boy" which I assume is her and Gray's son.
Just found it neat that story-relevant characters can actually die in the postgame. People die when they are killed.

These maps are way too easy though, dunno why people were saying they're a huge leap in enemy stats

Post-game doesn't actually happen after the ending, it's just pure gameplay with no canon relevance. You can still re-fight Duma and the ending scenes play out.

Clair is talking about Alm in her death quote.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Oh thank lord, thanks for the answer. My head can stop stressing for nothing now.

Really, I need to stop posting when it's late for me. It's really bad for my head. <_>
No no, it was my bad. I should've clarified what I meant sooner ^^;. Sorry about that. I totally understand the stressing, though. Anxiety's a *****, ain't it?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright thread, help me out for comics and manga advice! I'm trying to dive down into this stuff so if there's anything good you recommend, please give me a list! I'm considering getting Ultimate Spiderman, Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel, Beserk, One Piece, Mega Man, anything really as long as it's got an official English translation

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No no, it was my bad. I should've clarified what I meant sooner ^^;. Sorry about that. I totally understand the stressing, though. Anxiety's a *****, ain't it?
*Snif* You are a great person, ya know?:drohyou:

Really, I tend to overblown some situation when I am really tired or even from time to time, even tough I know it's nothing to stress about. I just want to have a good image ya know? I don't want to make one bad post that make me look like a douchebag or an asshole and leave a lasting impression on me, I just want to have fun and talk with you guys.

So yeah, anxiety is a *****.:drsad:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Alright thread, help me out for comics and manga advice! I'm trying to dive down into this stuff so if there's anything good you recommend, please give me a list! I'm considering getting Ultimate Spiderman, Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel, Beserk, One Piece, Mega Man, anything really as long as it's got an official English translation
DC 1 Million
Seven Soldiers
Aquaman (Rebirth series)
Planet Hulk
Anything by the following authors: Gail Simone, Geoff Johns, Kurt Busiek, Neil Gaiman, Chris Claremont, Scott Snyder

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How do you guys feel about online dating?

Have you ever did it before?

D

Deleted member

Post-game doesn't actually happen after the ending, it's just pure gameplay with no canon relevance. You can still re-fight Duma and the ending scenes play out.

Clair is talking about Alm in her death quote.
I mean, the whole killing Grima thing is probably considered canon, since the timeframe of this sealing just so perfectly matches with the First Exalt and the Schism. It also explains how Walhart knew about Grima.
Being able to re-battle the final boss is something that all FE games allowed you to do though(and I'll probably try to one turn him in some way later).
Still, being able to change the ending after beating Grima(by letting someone die) is where it would complicate things.

The "boy" thing makes sense though, as I just remembered she calls Alm that in her first scene
anything really
Boku--
official English translation
Uh... Bungou?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I'd say anything from DC Rebirth really.
Deathstroke and the Batman/Flash "The Button" crossover are some favourites of mine.

Gwen has **** taste and doesn't like the Hulk

Ah, I've heard really good things about most of Rebirth but I haven't gotten into it, the first thing I read was Aquaman which I really do like. I really want to get into the Deathstroke series as well.

Wait...Gwen doesn't like the Hulk?! I AM...Alright with that, and I can honestly kind of understand why someone wouldn't. Hulk has a tendency to get old after a while, saying that as someone who normally likes him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean, the whole killing Grima thing is probably considered canon, since the timeframe of this sealing just so perfectly matches with the First Exalt and the Schism. It also explains how Walhart knew about Grima.
Being able to re-battle the final boss is something that all FE games allowed you to do though(and I'll probably try to one turn him in some way later).
Still, being able to change the ending after beating Grima(by letting someone die) is where it would complicate things.

The "boy" thing makes sense though, as I just remembered she calls Alm that in her first scene

Boku--

Uh... Bungou?
Forgot about it until now, but it's worth noting that important characters are actually first able to die when you first fight Duma, so yeah all of the death quotes are in a "pre-ending" context anyway. I let Boey get defeated by accident on Duma when I was trial and erroring the last section and he actually died.

I don't recall Clair and Gray having children in their ending, though my memory could be failing me there. Clair does call Alm "a boy" in their B-Support when she gets flustered with him too though, so it's probably about him.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I had to end this poll early because damn, Dante is that unstoppable when he's paired with his friends and brother. Not even Vergil's popularity was enough to really help him. So the winner was the one and only demon slayer.

Next is more Devil May Cry, some being playable allies and one being a character from a controversial reboot of the series. There's also one of the most hilarious bosses in the whole series. Your choices are Nero from Devil May Cry 4, Lucia from Devil May Cry 2, Jester from Devil May Cry 3, and Kat from DmC: Devil May Cry.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Happy now, things are less one sided.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know what I kinda want see happen in a Pokémon generation?: A follow-up game has a Pokémon or two exclusive to that game.

"But wouldn't be fair to previous game owners and mess up the National Dex"

That would be true but think about it: The follow-up games always have new forms exclusive to that game. Those forms can sometimes be so different from the original that calling them same Pokémon almost seems like a lie.

Plus, in comparison, the third version of Yo-Kai Watch 2 already did this (Yes, they're two different franchises but both are heavily about collecting creatures).

Feel free to disagree if you want to.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know what I kinda want see happen in a Pokémon generation?: A follow-up game has a Pokémon or two exclusive to that game.

"But wouldn't be fair to previous game owners and mess up the National Dex"

That would be true but think about it: The follow-up games always have new forms exclusive to that game. Those forms can sometimes be so different from the original that calling them same Pokémon almost seems like a lie.

Plus, in comparison, the third version of Yo-Kai Watch 2 already did this (Yes, they're two different franchises but both are heavily about collecting creatures).

Feel free to disagree if you want to.
Didn't Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum do this?

Unless you specifically mean a sequel game a la Black/White 2, I don't know anything about those though.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Pokemon Stars wasn't revealed for the Switch, worst Direct of all time and even though I didn't give anyone any money, I want it back.

I was actually pretty pleased with the Direct. Wish USUM got more than like 20 seconds, though.

Chrono.

How do you guys feel about online dating?

Have you ever did it before?
I'm not opposed to it + it's worked out great for many friends.

It's also been not so great for other friends.

Is this because of that hashtag on Twitter?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Didn't Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum do this?

Unless you specifically mean a sequel game a la Black/White 2, I don't know anything about those though.
I mean something like Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon getting Pokémon #803.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Maybe they gave USUM less than a minute to save stuff for the E3 or just to do the bi-weekly trailer thing to showcase the content.

D

Deleted member

If you mean My Hero Academia, I literally got the first volume in the mail today. You heckeroni
Bokura no Hentai you dumb dummy
Forgot about it until now, but it's worth noting that important characters are actually first able to die when you first fight Duma, so yeah all of the death quotes are in a "pre-ending" context anyway. I let Boey get defeated by accident on Duma when I was trial and erroring the last section and he actually died.

I don't recall Clair and Gray having children in their ending, though my memory could be failing me there. Clair does call Alm "a boy" in their B-Support when she gets flustered with him too though, so it's probably about him.

Ah yes, that makes sense, otherwise most of the "death" endings would be kinda weird to get
And I just sort of assumed they had a kid since I thought that was what she was referring to(still, they probably had some, Gray didn't learn Penetrate and Grounder from the Brave Sword for nothing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm so sorry for this
hahaha so innocent of a response
You think too lowly of me

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just got up and watch the Pokemon direct.

People are mad salty because they believed all the rumours that there'd be a Pokemon game for the Switch revealed lol.
Ah, the joys of obsessively reading interviews during Switch pre-release. I was one of the few people who had already made peace with the situation despite keeping an open mind to the rumors because Pokemon Company themselves didn't seem like they were ready to release a mainline Switch game this year.

For the record, like half the leaks we see are potentially people re-wrapping old interviews that not many people bothered to read and there's quite a few games I think are in the pipeline for 2018-2019 that have been hinted at in one discussion or another. At the end of the day, while leaks are fun the things that the actual companies let slip tend to have more weight.

Not that all rumors are fake, of course, but the real ones tend to be too crazy for anyone to make up LOL. In retrospect with 20/20 hindsight and all that jazz Stars seems like the exact kind of thing some random guy would fib up as a leak. Just the right blend of being not very creative and feeding into peoples' fantasies with weirdness in all the wrong spots.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm not opposed to it + it's worked out great for many friends.

It's also been not so great for other friends.

Is this because of that hashtag on Twitter?
Nope, I've been wanting to do this for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom