• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alright, that fixes ONE of my issues with the game

Only if you lived in Japan.
And I don't see how YOU skipping it makes it different from now

It doesn't. But I honestly don't care if it's different

I'm just probably going to skip this one too

D

Deleted member

Guys.

Do you realize what the new additions to Pokken mean?

With Team Battles and Decidueye, this is now possible.

Team Birbs.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You know what would be cool?
Memory Link returning in USUM; that way you can link the previous story with the new one more properly (if these games are sequels of course), like having NPCs calling your SM character the first Champion of Alola or Lillie returning and looking for you while mentioning specific stuff like your name and starter.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Ah oui, tu trouves vraiment Johnson ?
As much as I am liking this, I don't think the mod will like if we continue to ****post like that.

Plus, do you actually understand what they are saying? 'just want to be sure.

Mais si oui, donc oui, je trouve vraiment Johnson.:dkmelee:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Heh...

"Nonsense. I mean, how bad can they get?" *looks at the newest event* :smirk:..........:chuckle:

Can we start hassling the writer to write up a follow-up to this?
Please remember to place large images in spoiler tags :)

Also, I got a chuckle out of that comic haha.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Memory Link returning in USUM; that way you can link the previous story with the new one more properly (if these games are sequels of course), like having NPCs calling your SM character the first Champion of Alola or Lillie returning and looking for you while mentioning specific stuff like your name and starter.
And don't forget being able to fight [REDACTED] who has the same team as in SM. Maybe Hau too.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Please remember to place large images in spoiler tags :)

Also, I got a chuckle out of that comic haha.
Sorry. Didn't think it was that large. Not to mention the fact that sometimes images will shrink down first, allowing the viewer to enlarge them on their own, but you don't know whether or not the image will do it in the first place. But hey:

I'm not the one with the website.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shadows of Valentia is a violent video game.

"Don't worry Celica, I'll crush those ********".

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh lord, we have a salt lord right there. Where is the edgy music when you need it and the Salty Award for that man? Really, he deserve it.
Bear with me a moment but

I THINK....that NeoGAF post might be satire.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bear with me a moment but

I THINK....that NeoGAF post might be satire.
Knowing NeoGAF reputation, I am just going to wait for a real confirmation.

In any case for me, that post still deserve an salty award.:4pacman:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fire Emblem has a major 3DS release
"This is great!"
Pokemon doesn't have a Switch exclusive release
"YOU ******* WHY ARE YOU SO ****ING DUMB"
I admit that no Switch version is kindofa letdown, but eh. What can you do? 3DS will always be 3DS
To be fair, I kinda wish Echoes was a Switch game. :p

If it was, I'd already have a Switch and wouldn't need to wait for that first BotW DLC pack to justify my purpose purchase.

EDIT: That typo was almost Zebei tier.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Oh lord, we have a salt lord right there. Where is the edgy music when you need it and the Salty Award for that man? Really, he deserve it.
I actually laughed out loud at that post. It's probably the dumbest, most cringe statement I've ever heard...On Neogaf, at least.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What is this you say?
People are yelling at Nintendo because they let the rumors get to their head?

Man it's like Smash 4 speculation all over again. When's the part where people yell at Nintendo for not putting one thing in a game?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"This is great!"
I admit that no Switch version is kindofa letdown, but eh. What can you do? 3DS will always be 3DS
To be honest, people griped about Fire Emblem having a 3DS release too.

And they kept griping about it even after Fire Emblem Switch was announced.

I expect Pokemon to show up on the Switch eventually. The various interviews that popped up gave me low expectations of it happening this year specifically and it turned out there was a reason for that. But the Switch won't just pump out games for one year and then instantly stop revealing and releasing anything.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
"This is great!"
Because Fire Emblem Switch is already confirmed

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, since I'm probably not going to be on for long, let me post everyone's favorite list: The things to do when E3 comes around:

• If it's a rumor, assume fake until proven true.
  • Image/Video links can be just as fake as text leaks.
  • Believe it when you see it.
  • Don't assume Jesus is coming down and you're getting everything you wanted and more.
  • Please don't strangle the game company because they didn't give everything you wanted and more.
That is all.
Back to hibernation.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Also, since I'm probably not going to be on for long, let me post everyone's favorite list: The things to do when E3 comes around:

• If it's a rumor, assume fake until proven true.
  • Image/Video links can be just as fake as text leaks.
  • Believe it when you see it.
  • Don't assume Jesus is coming down and you're getting everything you wanted and more.
  • Please don't strangle the game company because they didn't give everything you wanted and more.
That is all.
Back to hibernation.
we all know that last one is moot and it will be nintendo as the victim

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, I just dun goofed with that NeoGAF post.

Sooo, I think I am the actual salt lord here for believing what he was saying.

*Sigh* Maybe I should not look satire in the night while it's hot as hell here and while I am tired.

So...can we forget that post, please? We all make mistake, right? right? :c

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait, when was there a Smash Switch discussion thing?
...And has Excitebiker been taken?

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
What is this you say?
People are yelling at Nintendo because they let the rumors get to their head?

Man it's like Smash 4 speculation all over again. When's the part where people yell at Nintendo for not putting one thing in a game?
WHY DOESN'T NINTENDO CARE ABOUT MY "INSERT OBSCURE VIDEO GAME/UNINTERESTING SIDE CHARACTER HERE?" THAT'S IT! I HATE NINTENDO!!!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even though Nintendo is constantly reminding us the Wii U is dead and showing no love for it, I think that'll change down the road.

My reason is the Virtual Boy. Nintendo also considered it a failure and yet that hasn't stopped them from repeatedly putting it in multiple games since then.

The best example is their promotion for Tomodachi Life:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
WHY DOESN'T NINTENDO CARE ABOUT MY "INSERT OBSCURE VIDEO GAME/UNINTERESTING SIDE CHARACTER HERE?" THAT'S IT! I HATE NINTENDO!!!
Look man all I'm saying is we could get rid of Mario for Kremling.
He's been in what? Four games? Pretty sure that's good enough. Too over-repped imo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For as much as people go on about people doing this, I've never actually seen people get mad that there isn't a new F-Zero or what have you at E3.

Most fans of these kind of obscure games just resign themselves to "we're not getting another one but I'll be super happy if I'm proven wrong".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Speaking of something else, are they peoples here who are excited for EVO? If yes, are you excited for other games other than Smash?

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Man E3 season is always an interesting one. I'm excited for all the news of course, but I'm definitely not excited for the whining when things don't go one way or another (nor am I excited for the ironic parroting of said whining for ***** laughs :061: ) It's always reminds me how much I don't care for a lot people that like games too. Oh well.

Speaking of something else, are they peoples here who are excited for EVO? If yes, are you excited for other games other than Smash?
I'm very excited to see what's up for EVO too. I love watching competitive fighting games in general and there's always some news from at one of the devs there. I hope to go there one of these days in person.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man E3 season is always an interesting one. I'm excited for all the news of course, but I'm definitely not excited for the whining when things don't go one way or another (nor am I excited for the ironic parroting of said whining for ***** laughs :061: ) It's always reminds me how much I don't care for a lot people that like games too. Oh well.

I'm very excited to see what's up for EVO too. I love watching competitive fighting games in general and there's always some news from at one of the devs there. I hope to go there one of these days in person.
I'm really excited for Guilty Gear at EVO, mostly because I expect we will get some new about the game and maybe a new character. (Please be Justice, or Bridget, or Testament, or whatever really, I'm fine with anything)

Tough, I'm also excited to see some high play because, let's be honest, GG is one of the most interesting and hype fighting game of the bunch, Smash (4 and Melee) cleary doesn't compare.:denzel:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Tough, I'm also excited to see some high play because, let's be honest, GG is one of the most interesting and hype fighting game of the bunch, Smash (4 and Melee) cleary doesn't compare.:denzel:
Someone has seen the light!!! Praise be! :denzel:

D

Deleted member

Really liked FE Echoes, all the weird differences Gaiden had certainly made the game feel fresh, alongside the beautiful presentation with FULL VOICE ACTING and the best artstyle the series has had yet imo.
My thoughts on the game
It's sad we won't see many of these features in this game, because I loved them. I at least hope they keep the Archer's 1-5 Rng in future games because that's what they've been needing since the start.

Arts are a much better way to handle skills than proc chances, this way the game is less influenced by the RNG. Speaking of which Mila's Turnwheel helps alleviate that even more in the case of unfortunate misses or enemy crits.

The small cast allows for much more deep characterization and I'm glad for that, these are some of my favorite characters in the franchise and I can't fins one that I outright hate. Alm and Celica are great Lords and one of my favorites now, alongside the FE7 trio
Supports and base convos certainly help and the support bonuses are finally and actually balanced.

Map design is bland for the most part, I won't deny that, castle/fortress maps are probably my favorites and the best designed ones, special mentions go to Grieth's Citadel and Nuibaba's Abode.
Still, despite the very open maps, the game really shines with unit positioning, which is where it really tries to focus, enemies are walls and stairs and you have to create your own "walls" if you want to block enemy movement.
There's also how the game rewards Player Phase combat, which is how I have more fun and find way more interesting than leaving a strong unit in the middle of the enemy forces and watch them all suicide.
Maximizing damage, Archers' range, how Spells and Arts work, "infinite" support magic, Cantors and high gap in class Mov, these all help into making it so that you focus on acting on your turn rather than turtle or wait the enemy move. I think I might have had the most fun out of any FE game with this one, simply bwating Conquest's great maps due to all the other stuff it does better than it.

Speaking of doing stuff better than Fates, let's talk about the story.
Character writing is definitely much better and consistent but the overall story is concise and breaks traditional FE tropes, though these are really just Unbuilt Tropes from Gaiden which makes me wonder why we rarely see such subversions.
Unlike Fates's laughable attempt at Gray Morality, Echoes has it in full effect, you can hardly call anyone but some minor bosses completely evil:
Rigel started the war due to their crops dying resulting in a big starvation(and they actually bring it up in more than one sentence!!!), Zofia is portrayed as lazy and too dependable on their God despite Rigel being able to survive without Duma constantly growing their crops. None are in the right and the game clearly shows that.
Rudolf is more than a simple one-note evil Emperor and is actually someone who deeply cares for his people and family, a mastermind with a plan that had a failsafe and actually a nice person when he isn't pretending to be a tyrant.
The Church of Duma isn't a Religion of Evil despite most of its member, hell not even Duma is evil, sure there's a price for his powers but he never forces them into anyone.
Desaix may come off as a cartoon villain at first but he's the first to figure everything out about Alm and despite his selfish intentions, it's not like Zofia was any better when the king was alive.
Even Jedah is just mad because he can't accept his God dying and doesn't believe that men can live without Gods. Still, he's the most evil of the bunch and certainly deserved his fate.
Fernand and Berkut hardly come off as sympathetic but they're certainly not pure evil and I feel like rhey deserved a better ending.

Still, I am a little bit scared, some of the new plot points feel forced, Fernand's sudden death, Berkut going completely mad and sacrificing Rinea, Faye as a whole and Conrad not doing anything besides moving the plot forward before him revealing his identity.
It scares me because this might have fallen the same fate as Fates's plot and I hope it doesn't affect FE16

Still, I loved this game and I gove it a 9/10.
Favorite chars and stuff
Favorite male character on Alm's route: Zeke. Runner up: Tobin
Favorite female character on Alm's route: Clair. Runner up: Mathilda
Favorite male character on Celica's route: Leon. Runner up: Saber
Favorite female character on Celica's route: Sonya. Runner up: Mae

Favorite character overall: Leon. Runner up: Zeke.

Favorite map: The Final Battle. Runner up: Rigel Castle.
Favorite boss: Rudolf. Runner up: M. Bison Grieth
Favorite Battle theme: Those Who Challenge Gods. Runner up: A Blade on the Wind
Favorite Boss theme: The Fell God's Tempest. Runner up: The Fallen Knight
Favorite Map theme: Lord of a Dead Empire. Runner up: The Sacrifice and the Saint.

Favorite Quote: "Your fetish for power is simply barbaric. Where's all the joy? The love? Your perfect world is as dull as dirt."
Runner up: "We will create a world with no need for Gods!"*
*not an actual quote
I'd love that(with specific Rival battles like B2W2 too) but, as far as we know, this game is sort of a retelling of SM.
I think we will see some form of link feature as SM have gone over the multiverse theory already so nothing stops a SM character to suddenly find themselves in USUM
Shadows of Valentia is a violent video game.

"Don't worry Celica, I'll crush those ********".
Only complaint about the game is that this quote is nowhere to be found
0/10 #JustPlayGaidenBro
More FE Echoes ****post vids because we need more in general.

You a little late for this one, it's been around since prerelease
But I wonder what Clair's codename would be...

And there's also this one
Parks and Rec just goes too well with Echoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom