• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Do you guys think Nintendo might be dropping the "later third pokemon game" thing? We didn't get a Pokémon Z, nor did we get a Pokémon Stars...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ghast's reaction to the Boey and Mae A-Support nearly made me choke on my drink.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Do you guys think Nintendo might be dropping the "later third pokemon game" thing? We didn't get a Pokémon Z, nor did we get a Pokémon Stars...
Pretty sure TPC stated once that they stopped doing that since they noticed that it was getting predictable and all.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Game Freak not Nintendo...
And Pokemon Stars was likely just a codename for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon...

Also from what I've heard Platinum was likely the last stand alone third version...though I'm pretty sure UsUm is the "third" version even though it has two versions...a lot of people are assuming its a sequal like B2W2 but from what I gathered its the same adventure told in a different way...('alternate' not new 'story' and the same protagonists)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And we didn't get a Pokemon Grey either.

Yeah, I don't think they're gonna be going back to the third versions at this rate, LOL. We'll probably keep getting dual versions until people let it sink in that it's a new pattern, and then from there they'll shake it up with something else.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I had to end this poll early because damn, Dante is that unstoppable when he's paired with his friends and brother. Not even Vergil's popularity was enough to really help him. So the winner was the one and only demon slayer.

Next is more Devil May Cry, some being playable allies and one being a character from a controversial reboot of the series. There's also one of the most hilarious bosses in the whole series. Your choices are Nero from Devil May Cry 4, Lucia from Devil May Cry 2, Jester from Devil May Cry 3, and Kat from DmC: Devil May Cry.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Happy now, things are less one sided.
For a character that was originally hated for not being Dante, it's surprising to see more Nero fans exist.

Coming from someone that never hated him.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
How do you guys feel about online dating?

Have you ever did it before?
Like a lot of things, it's something that works for some people, it's something that doesn't work for others.

There's great relationships that started over World of Warcraft. It really just depends on the individuals. Some people need to always be able to physically interact with a partner, while others are fine being away, meeting every now and again. Try it out, if it doesn't work, it's just not for you.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For a character that was originally hated for not being Dante, it's surprising to see more Nero fans exist.

Coming from someone that never hated him.
That's because more people grew to appreciate Nero and Devil May Cry 4 as a whole years after it was released.

And Reboot Dante became a far worse character in the fandom's eyes. People used to call Devil May Cry 4 the "Sonic 06" of the franchise, then DmC happened to make them change their minds.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also from what I've heard Platinum was likely the last stand alone third version...though I'm pretty sure UsUm is the "third" version even though it has two versions...a lot of people are assuming its a sequal like B2W2 but from what I gathered its the same adventure told in a different way...('alternate' not new 'story' and the same protagonists)
Don't forget that SM has a big tie with the timeline theory. So it could be like the upcoming Pokémon movie where it looks the same at first but takes a really huge turn that... That...

...its going to be a third game that's split in two because GameFreak is a ****ing purse hound. :007:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How do you guys feel about online dating?

Have you ever did it before?
If you really feel that way for someone, no harm in trying it out. Just keep your expectations tempered to start off.

I played around with the idea and it ended horribly, but one of my best friends has a preference for it specifically because all of his online relationships have worked out better than any attempts with local girls. It's the definition of a double edged sword.

Though I suppose this depends on your definition of online dating. If you mean getting into a relationship with someone very far away without any certainty you will ever see them, the above applies. But if you just mean something like an online hook-up site or something, my brother used one of those and it worked out for him. He's still with her and has been for a few months now.

D

Deleted member

Act 6 stuff
The whole backstory of the town and the Thabes Labyrinth is literally just EO
>Mysterious labyrinth with treasure
>FOE
>Attracts many explorers from all of Archanea
>Ruins of an ancient civilization
>Labyrinth is used to seal a great evil
Ghast's reaction to the Boey and Mae A-Support nearly made me choke on my drink.
Boey: "I LOVE YOU!" *shove*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's because more people grew to appreciate Nero and Devil May Cry 4 as a whole years after it was released.

And Reboot Dante became a far worse character in the fandom's eyes. People used to call Devil May Cry 4 the "Sonic 06" of the franchise, then DmC happened to make them change their minds.
Funny how one game that was initially hated for having Dante get overshadowed by a new character (Nero) gets ignored once a rebooot makes Dante a bigger **** than he was (and being the head of the company's self insert too).

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Whenever I arrive here, I never have anything substantial to add to the thread's current topic (just like right now)

It's actually a little funny... :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not QUITE what I was looking for, game.

Honestly, trying to get a Sol is becoming a lot like playing FE Heroes and pulling for Heroes and never getting the ones you want.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Gonna ask again because the only online site that's working for my phone right now is Smashboards and I really need to know. E3 starts next week on Tuesday and ends Thursday, right?
Whenever I arrive here, I never have anything substantial to add to the thread's current topic (just like right now)

It's actually a little funny... :p
Neither do I, I just **** and go about my business.

Gotta do something with this premium. :drshrug:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Gonna ask again because the only online site that's working for my phone right now is Smashboards and I really need to know. E3 starts next week on Tuesday and ends Thursday, right?
from the 10 to the 14th, I think?

Or I think its 13th-15th. Pretty sure this one is right

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tried farming Sol 'til my battery ran out and still nothing. I've also listened to a full half hour loop of the new Sonic Forces song, twice, while doing this. :p

Also I have 10 Red Tricorns now so TRICORN SQUAD ASSEMBLE can be a thing.

Also I've mastered my Alm movement tech for dungeon speedrunning at this point so pro strats for the win.

D

Deleted member

Tried farming Sol 'til my battery ran out and still nothing. I've also listened to a full half hour loop of the new Sonic Forces song, twice, while doing this. :p

Also I have 10 Red Tricorns now so TRICORN SQUAD ASSEMBLE can be a thing.

Also I've mastered my Alm movement tech for dungeon speedrunning at this point so pro strats for the win.
Dash then attack in the first few frames is a movement tech more advanced than wavedashing
I call it sword-dash.
Though I think Celica's goes further

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I mean, the whole killing Grima thing is probably considered canon, since the timeframe of this sealing just so perfectly matches with the First Exalt and the Schism. It also explains how Walhart knew about Grima.
Being able to re-battle the final boss is something that all FE games allowed you to do though(and I'll probably try to one turn him in some way later).
Still, being able to change the ending after beating Grima(by letting someone die) is where it would complicate things.

The "boy" thing makes sense though, as I just remembered she calls Alm that in her first scene
Alm is NOT the First Exalt. Echoes is concurrent with Marth's games, which occur 2000 years before Awakening. The First Exalt and all that deal was "only" 1000 years prior.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dash then attack in the first few frames is a movement tech more advanced than wavedashing
I call it sword-dash.
Though I think Celica's goes further

Celica's goes further but the timing is stricter I think for getting another thrust out immediately. Her animation is also longer meaning you can't make turns as quickly which could make you bump into enemies and start fights when you don't want to.

Alm's swipe gives him the same speed boost as Celica, but the consecutive swipes are easier to pull off as he can start another swipe before the another has fully finished. And since the animation is much shorter, he can make extremely snappy turns and run circles around the enemies, literally.

#superimportantturnbasedrpgmovementtech

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Not QUITE what I was looking for, game.

Honestly, trying to get a Sol is becoming a lot like playing FE Heroes and pulling for Heroes and never getting the ones you want.
You might have better luck farming with Balors in the Secret Shrine. Then can spawn infinitely and at least there will be no false positives.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*comes back from reading something on Discord*

Sometimes I wonder if people only buy video game systems so they can have something to complain about other than their personal lives.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I honestly doubt Decideueye will get into smash now.

He gets pokken and inceniroar will get into smash to divide the Pokemon marketing across games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They have nothing in their life to complain about that hasnt been complained about so they complain about games
OK but literally everyone in this thread has complained about or criticised a video game at least a few times, nobody here gets to act holier than thou about this (as if it were something to act that way about in the first place - yes, people complain about things when they are dissatisfied with them regardless of universal importance - more news at 11).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alm is NOT the First Exalt. Echoes is concurrent with Marth's games, which occur 2000 years before Awakening. The First Exalt and all that deal was "only" 1000 years prior.
I ate my words there but what I meant is that Alm and co. sealing Grima and the First Exalt sealing it again 1000 years later fits with the timeframe since Naga says sealing Grima puts it in a 1000 year slumber
Celica's goes further but the timing is stricter I think for getting another thrust out immediately. Her animation is also longer meaning you can't make turns as quickly which could make you bump into enemies and start fights when you don't want to.

Alm's swipe gives him the same speed boost as Celica, but the consecutive swipes are easier to pull off as he can start another swipe before the another has fully finished. And since the animation is much shorter, he can make extremely snappy turns and run circles around the enemies, literally.

#superimportantturnbasedrpgmovementtech
Celica's might be better for escaping enemies though.
It's like going for the Mage or Speed Ring: one gives you way more range quickly while the other's one Mov scales up in distance with the time

We need to start a competitive scene for FE
Think Nintendo treats competitive Smash like trash? We didn't even get multiplayer modes!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I ate my words there but what I meant is that Alm and co. sealing Grima and the First Exalt sealing it again 1000 years later fits with the timeframe since Naga says sealing Grima puts it in a 1000 year slumber

Celica's might be better for escaping enemies though.
It's like going for the Mage or Speed Ring: one gives you way more range quickly while the other's one Mov scales up in distance with the time

We need to start a competitive scene for FE
Think Nintendo treats competitive Smash like trash? We didn't even get multiplayer modes!

You're reminding me of that time I tried to play online multiplayer in Fates with my friend in New York.

We tried to get it working for like an hour, going back and forth thinking the menus were just poorly laid out or something.

Then we find out it's regional only. RIP.

I honestly doubt Decideueye will get into smash now.

He gets pokken and inceniroar will get into smash to divide the Pokemon marketing across games.
1. This would make me very happy

2. I dont think it would work like that. If anyting I would think they would want to consolidate all their marketing into one character like Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom