• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That's because more people grew to appreciate Nero and Devil May Cry 4 as a whole years after it was released.

And Reboot Dante became a far worse character in the fandom's eyes. People used to call Devil May Cry 4 the "Sonic 06" of the franchise, then DmC happened to make them change their minds.
So basically the Zelda cycle, except with Devil May Cry.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's because more people grew to appreciate Nero and Devil May Cry 4 as a whole years after it was released.

And Reboot Dante became a far worse character in the fandom's eyes. People used to call Devil May Cry 4 the "Sonic 06" of the franchise, then DmC happened to make them change their minds.
Did people seriously think that? That's surprising - not sure if it's my favourite game in the series (it's a tough call between that and DMC3, though being able to switch styles on the fly in DMC4 is a huge improvement), but it's at least in the top two. (haven't played the reboot and probably never will)

I found DMC1 to be more frustrating than fun, and I had to use a guide to find blue orbs in order to stand a chance - it goes without saying that DMC2 is my least favourite.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alright thread, help me out for comics and manga advice! I'm trying to dive down into this stuff so if there's anything good you recommend, please give me a list! I'm considering getting Ultimate Spiderman, Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel, Beserk, One Piece, Mega Man, anything really as long as it's got an official English translation
Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America is fantastic. The Winter Soldier arc especially.

Doctor Strange: The Oath is a great four part mini series.

Nick Spencer's run on Ant-Man (started as just Ant-Man before becoming Astonishing Ant-Man) is hilarious and heartwarming, too. If you like it, also try Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Also James Robinson's Scarlet Witch is incredibly underrated.

Also seconding Ms. Marvel.

Edit: Almost forgot. Tom King's Vision is a must.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I honestly doubt Decideueye will get into smash now.

He gets pokken and inceniroar will get into smash to divide the Pokemon marketing across games.
I would like if that's the case but Pokemon love promoting the same few Pokemon over and over.

I don't think a Gen 7 Pokemon will make it in simply due to the fact in 2-3 years they'll be promoting Gen 8.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
OK but literally everyone in this thread has complained about or criticised a video game at least a few times, nobody here gets to act holier than thou about this (as if it were something to act that way about in the first place - yes, people complain about things when they are dissatisfied with them regardless of universal importance - more news at 11).
I guess my sarcasm doesnt translate well

D

Deleted member

Someone pointed out something peculiar about the Legacy Collection 2 version of Mega Man 8's title screen.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man.
This is gonna sound weird.
But I'm frustrated with how close I am to devising a Disgaea series timeline.
But a few things are left ambiguous to order.
5 or 3 is first.
Can't tell if 2 or Dimension 2 happens first.
Recruitment DLCs non-canon.
Post-games happen for the most part a significant time after main stories.

How do I increase guts in Persona 5?
Tae's link.
Certain Books, DVDs, and games.
And rare movies.
I can't think of a dedicated spot to grind it like bath houses for charm or flower job for kindness.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
TIL that some essential 3DS hacking tools are named after Rosalina and Luma and that makes me very happy.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Tae's link.
And rare movies.
I can't think of a dedicated spot to grind it like bath houses for charm or flower job for kindness.
Ordering Coffee at the cafe boosts Guts slightly (1 point only though)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I've converted to the religion of pdf

Adobe Akbar

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Man.
5 or 3 is first.

Tae's link.
And rare movies.
But I want to increase my Guts so I bone Tae ughhhhh

Chrono.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
1. This would make me very happy

2. I dont think it would work like that. If anyting I would think they would want to consolidate all their marketing into one character like Lucario.
Lucario's an exception and even then Machamp could be considered the mascot.

For example everyone was convinced that after being in Smash, Greninja would be in. We have two pokkens now and no greninja. Instead Braixen was the promoted starter for that game.

We could see the same thing here with Decideueye and Inceneroar. Especially since Incenroar has more promotional material current and is all over the anime with midnight lycanroc.

And Ash seems likely to get one based on the concept art, so incenroar is definitely up there and these would make sense towards a smash inclusion if they even choose a gen 7 mon.
I would like if that's the case but Pokemon love promoting the same few Pokemon over and over.

I don't think a Gen 7 Pokemon will make it in simply due to the fact in 2-3 years they'll be promoting Gen 8.
And incenroar is more promoted then decideueye right now, so it seems pretty likely he would rep some fighting game, and most thought this to and were surprised that wasn't the case. That's why I think Smash would be his debut if they make another in the next year or so and add a Pokemon rep.

Lucario's an exception and even then Machamp could be considered the mascot.

For example everyone was convinced that after being in Smash, Greninja would be in. We have two pokkens now and no greninja. Instead Braixen was the promoted starter for that game.

We could see the same thing here with Decideueye and Inceneroar. Especially since Incenroar has more promotional material current and is all over the anime with midnight lycanroc.

And Ash seems likely to get one based on the concept art, so incenroar is definitely up there and these would make sense towards a smash inclusion if they even choose a gen 7 mon.

And incenroar is more promoted then decideueye right now, so it seems pretty likely he would rep some fighting game, and most thought this to and were surprised that wasn't the case. That's why I think Smash would be his debut if they make another in the next year or so and add a Pokemon rep.
If im being honest, I think you are looking for a pattern that isnt there

So I missed the Pokemon Direct, and I can't view it until Thursday at the earliest. Anyone have a link?
Rundown:
Pokken on switch. Arcade DLC and Decidueye

Pokemon Ultra sun and ultra moon on 3DS. lunala and solgaleo have new forms(?)

Gold and Silver on 3ds VC

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Did anyone post this yet? Someone made an edit to the UltraSun title logo that accurately summed up NeoGaf's reaction to today's Pokemon Direct:

18813894_1325392267528855_1687816902283266635_n.jpg

In the end, I thought the Direct was in-between at best. I highly doubted Gamefreak would just move on to the Switch in the middle of the generation, but where my true feelings on UltraSun/UltraMoon go will depend on the news that will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If im being honest, I think you are looking for a pattern that isnt there

Rundown:
Pokken on switch. Arcade DLC and Decidueye

Pokemon Ultra sun and ultra moon on 3DS. lunala and solgaleo have new forms(?)

Gold and Silver on 3ds VC
Maybe, but my point isn't a pattern, but that they like to choose certain starters and spread them out between marketing. Incenroar currently dominates the Anime marketing atm. It be pretty likely they'd get him in smash if he wasn't in Pokken, but we need a smash game first before any speculation can begin.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hold on. Can we just bask in Decidueye's model in Pokken DX for a spell?

*sigh* Beautiful...
While we're at it let's just take a second to appreciate how much better DX's boxart is than the original?

Also there's an interesting triangle of starters behind Pikachu. I wonder if it means anything. :troll:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope it means we're getting the Saturn version.

Big Bang Burger Challenge.
That would be cool, but didn't the Saturn version release first? It would be good, since you get to fight Woodman and Cutman.

D

Deleted member

That would be cool, but didn't the Saturn version release first? It would be good, since you get to fight Woodman and Cutman.
Going by Japanese releases:

PS1 version - Dec 17, 1996
Saturn version - Jan 17, 1997
Saturn rerelease - Feb 4, 1999 (might explain the 1998 on the MMLC2 version's title screen)

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Going by Japanese releases:

PS1 version - Dec 17, 1996
Saturn version - Jan 17, 1997
Saturn rerelease - Feb 4, 1999 (might explain the 1998 on the MMLC2 version's title screen)
I wasn't sure. Thanks man. Hope this bodes well for fighting the extra bosses.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Man.
5 or 3 is first.
3 is the one with The angel right?
If thats the case, with Christos ending, Id put 5 before 3

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
While we're at it let's just take a second to appreciate how much better DX's boxart is than the original?

Also there's an interesting triangle of starters behind Pikachu. I wonder if it means anything. :troll:
It means Empoleon is the best starter evolution of all time and Zard and Decidueye are fine too.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I honestly doubt Decideueye will get into smash now.

He gets pokken and inceniroar will get into smash to divide the Pokemon marketing across games.
I don't see any Alolan starters making it in under any circumstance.

If we get the Smash 4 port as rumored, I can't see there being more than 3 additions to the roster (if there's even any) and I doubt any of them will be Pokemon.

And unless Smash 5 immediately started development (which I doubt; I think Sakurai's current project is something completely different), I think the next generation of Pokemon will exist by the time Smash 5 releases. The fact that we got a Sinnoh Pokemon over a Hoenn one in Brawl, and a Kalos Pokemon over a Unova one in 4, it's safe to assume Alola will be skipped over if it's not the latest.

Then again, I said the same sort of stuff about Corrin before the final Smash Bros Direct, now that I think about it.... :redface:

Burruni

Smash Hero
3 is the one with The angel right?
If thats the case, with Christos ending, Id put 5 before 3
No.
3 is evil academy and Mao's tale.
Comes before 1 because Humanity is still medieval in nature as opposed to space-age.
So both 5 and 3 have to happen before 1.
But given that there is no direct link between the two (bar dlc) it's impossible to know.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't see any Alolan starters making it in under any circumstance.

If we get the Smash 4 port as rumored, I can't see there being more than 3 additions to the roster (if there's even any) and I doubt any of them will be Pokemon.

And unless Smash 5 immediately started development (which I doubt; I think Sakurai's current project is something completely different), I think the next generation of Pokemon will exist by the time Smash 5 releases. The fact that we got a Sinnoh Pokemon over a Hoenn one in Brawl, and a Kalos Pokemon over a Unova one in 4, it's safe to assume Alola will be skipped over if it's not the latest.

Then again, I said the same sort of stuff about Corrin before the final Smash Bros Direct, now that I think about it.... :redface:
I don't think Sakurai would add a Pokemon on his own volition, but if GF wants another one I could see him acquiescing. As far as the possible port goes, at least.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't think Sakurai would add a Pokemon on his own volition, but if GF wants another one I could see him acquiescing. As far as the possible port goes, at least.
Definitely, yeah.

The only way I could see them requesting the addition of a new Pokemon rep would be for advertising purposes, so anything but an Alolan Pokemon wouldn't make much sense.

I do firmly believe that the port would be very conservative about new additions to the roster- no more than 3, and I honestly think only 1 of them would be a newcomer, while the others would be veterans. Probably Inkling, Ice Climbers, and Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom