• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also, how good would it be if Bayonetta's name was Mayonetta and she attacked with her Mayonnaise hair and shot Mayonnaise bullets from Mayonnaise guns.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Paging @Shishœ
It's about damn time we got EO5 news. I've been waiting for that one ever since the first Japanese trailer dropped.

Now that I think of it, wonder how Etrian Odyssey games will even work on the Switch? Hard to make your own maps in real time when you don't have a bottom screen to allow you to...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Gold and Silver on 3DS VC, but not Crystal:
I prefer Crystal since it was the first Pokémon game I have played.
Apparently, bonuses like groups and IGR will stack alongside it. Definitely a huge moment to start grouping up.
This means I don't really need to play those annoying arcade modes and only get 9 lootboxes per week.
JK, some of those modes are fun. But still, this means I can get more XP at that time and even more if you get gold medals?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Now for an interesting theory by Gamexplain:
The theory is interesting indeed, however I don't see an Island getting divided as we can get more islands to explore.
The IRL Hawaii Archipielago is made of 8 major islands, and as we know every island has a designated color.

We have the ones intoduced in SM.

Hawai'i - Red - (ʻUlaʻUla)

Maui - Pink - (ʻĀkala)

O'ahu - Yellow - (Melemele)

Kaua'i - Purple - (Poni)

And then we have the potential new ones for USUM.

Moloka'i - Green (ʻŌmaʻOmaʻO)

Lana'i - Orange (Alani)

Ni'ihau - White (KeʻOkeʻO)

Kaho'olawe - Gray (Hinahina)

The four islands are the smallest of the Archipielago, with the last one being an volcanic eroded land with a population of 0. The prism triangle on "Ultra-Solgaleo/Lunala" doesn't fit with the color coding of the island (Pink, White and Gray are absent and there's two shades of blue) implying only 7 islands; removing Kaho'olawe makes sense due its barren surface and small size tho.

The thing is that simply adding the four remaining islands to the next game makes much more sense as they follow the IRL model of Hawaii better and also said islands have more varied weathers, with most being desertic or just more hostile, posing a new challenge.

That means USUM could be twice as bigger? Nope.

The first four islands have a total surface of: 5904.2 Square Miles.
The other four give a total of: 514.6 Square Miles. Less than 10% of the main four.

While this new potential space is marginal is still enough to add a town or two and many additional content.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Played Tekken 7 for the first time today. God damn is the move list overwhelming, but the game plays crisp. Def want to put time into that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh man we got some theorist nerds in the house, they're whipping out the math and trivia now. ****'s getting intense. :troll:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never played Crystal

Was it that different from gold and silver?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Somewhat different story, could finally play as a female, new Pokemon to capture(as usual). More or less the usual update. IMO, it doesn't feel as strong as an update as the Gen 1/3/4 entries in comparison, when it comes to major differences, but still a great game. Also the first one to be strictly for the GBC.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Not really.

Has the usual third version changes but did introduce many firsts for the series, including animated Pokemon sprites, playable female and a battle tower.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been watching stuff about injustice 2

How in the world does scarecrow think he stands a chance against ANY of the super powered beings

Sure he can manipulate them or something

But going into direct combat against them?

Nah, even with his gas that hook of his ain't harming superman

Chrono.

How in the world does scarecrow think he stands a chance against ANY of the super powered beings

That's because in IJ2's verse, Scarecrow can actually fight.

Or at least that's how I interpret it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It isn't a real fight. It's a hallucination from the gas and Scarecrow is taking advantage of it.

Notice in his intro, he runs away after releasing the gas.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It isn't a real fight. It's a hallucination from the gas and Scarecrow is taking advantage of it.

Notice in his intro, he runs away after releasing the gas.
Usually when scarecrow uses his fear gas, it makes him look frightening to his opponents and attacks them while they are filled with fear

The injustice scarecrow just uses his gas and the heroes and villains have an imaginary fight?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The injustice scarecrow just uses his gas and the heroes and villains have an imaginary fight?
It's a new strain I think.

Plus Scarecrow has been known to use it to make people hallucinate things that don't exist at all before.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Splattershot Pro and Point Sensor return! Point Sensors have been changed a bit, blast area stays active for a longer amount of time. Honestly not happy that they switched the sub on the Pro, Splat Bomb was better.
Remember the rain cloud special from the first trailer? Well we're finally getting information on that.
It is a special weapon that creates a rain cloud of ink above the landing place. Rain clouds gradually move from the impact point and sprinkle under it so it's good just forcing the opposing team out of advantageous spots. The special is called "Aplysia".

Played Tekken 7 for the first time today. God damn is the move list overwhelming, but the game plays crisp. Def want to put time into that.
This is my first Tekken game and I'm already having way more fun playing this than Street Fighter 5. Spent most of my time playing with Nina then dabbled into Yoshimitsu and Master Raven a bit.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Two options.

The primary conceit of the Injustice-verse is 5-U-93-R, a Kryptonian-DNA-based nanotech pill (don't ask) that levels the playing field, so to speak. My understanding is that pretty much anyone on the roster who couldn't match Supes in a straight fight before the game got one of those pills - which could theoretically include Scarecrow, that's option one.

Option two is that Swamp is correct about the hallucinations being the source. Side theory from me is that, if the character fighting is purely a hallucination, then the toxins could also be the source of the systemic body damage, injuring opponents from the inside out - with the Scarecrow entity manifesting as the brain's way of making sense of it.

That all said, if I had to put money down, I'd say option one is more likely. It's the explanation for most everyone else, and there's apparently a lot of the pills floating about.

The special is called "Aplysia".
aplysia_0.jpg

Huh.

Kinda see the resemblance.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well that's nice.

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
Two options.

The primary conceit of the Injustice-verse is 5-U-93-R, a Kryptonian-DNA-based nanotech pill (don't ask) that levels the playing field, so to speak. My understanding is that pretty much anyone on the roster who couldn't match Supes in a straight fight before the game got one of those pills - which could theoretically include Scarecrow, that's option one.
Plenty of people on the roster can fight Supes without any need for a pill. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Swamp Thing, any Lantern based character, Black Adam, etc. It's mostly for the lower end people.

Unless I misread and you meant anyone who wasn't powerful enough. My bad if I misinterpreted.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Trailer for Dissidia NT leaked.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lol they're discussing character buffs/nerfs in the livestream.

Not the kind of thing I expect in an official livestream.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lol they're discussing character buffs/nerfs in the livestream.

Not the kind of thing I expect in an official livestream.
Who got buffed and who got nerfed?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Who got buffed and who got nerfed?
A lot of characters, and all of the summons. Off the top of my head, Zidane received three buffs.

It's all in Japanese, but they're holding up cards with characters and descriptions beside them, with red downward arrows at some parts (nerfs) and blue upward arrows (buffs).

I don't know anything about the game's competitive scene in Japan anyway so even if I could read Japanese, I wouldn't be able to tell you what these mean for the meta game.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Plenty of people on the roster can fight Supes without any need for a pill. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Swamp Thing, any Lantern based character, Black Adam, etc. It's mostly for the lower end people.

Unless I misread and you meant anyone who wasn't powerful enough. My bad if I misinterpreted.
Yeah, the non-super-powered people are who I was talking about.

The most important point isn't really whether they'd need the pill not to injure a super-powered being, but to take a punch from one. Batman could defeat Supes with prep time and a Kryptonite-laced suit (and does, in Injustice), but one good haymaker and he's bat-pulp.

Meanwhile, in the Injustice-verse, Joker initially demonstrates the pill's effects by shrugging off assault rifle fire. Green Arrow and Harley Quinn got pills too, but I don't know for sure who else did. Safest assumption is probably that whoever needed one got one.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, good morning, what's u--
Paging @Shishœ
aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
*deep breath*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just please, PLEASE, don't come out near Pokemon USUM
I'm really excited to see all fhe voice acting too, haven't heard any of the Japanese voices but I really hope they do a good job with it.
And of course in Europe I'll probably have to wait until Autumn 2027 before it releases here... if at all... I'll just import it, I guess. Better than nothing, I suppose.
#PrayForEurope
Atlus USA: "Alright, the translation is almost over, we will be able to release it this Fall"
Atlus EU: "HOLY **** THESE MANUALS TAKE SO GODDAMN LONG TO TRANSLATE"
This also means less 'eovwhin' ****posting from shish which is worth it
I'm still asking about it
Because all I know is that it comes this Fall, not the month.
So: EOV when?
It's about damn time we got EO5 news. I've been waiting for that one ever since the first Japanese trailer dropped.

Now that I think of it, wonder how Etrian Odyssey games will even work on the Switch? Hard to make your own maps in real time when you don't have a bottom screen to allow you to...
My gut is telling me this is going to be the last EO game since the Switch was confirmed to only have one screen.
That is, if Nintendo really does drops handhelds completely for the Switch.
Because by the time the next one would be released, the 3DS would most certainly be dead.
But at least EMD2 is coming out next year, right?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Couldn't they just have a mini-map that you fill in?

I know some PS2 JRPGs did that.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So basically, you just speculated that Lucas was chosen as the Brawl rep rather than Sakurai actually confirming with his own words that he was.

This line is pretty obviously talking about the games they returned from seeing as these games were the ones that made them popular in the first place. Also note the emphasis on their popularity as their reason for returning.

tl;dr version? No confirmation that Lucas was chosen as the Brawl rep, just something that was commonly speculated as a fan assumption just like how people assumed that there never was going to be a fighting game character because they thought Sakurai didn't want any because of uniqueness-based reason.

Also, how can Roy be the "cut Melee rep" when we already have a cut Melee rep to begin with (Dr. Mario, whose inclusion was because of the fanbase he had in Melee) if the common reasoning about having a cut Melee "rep" and a cut Brawl "rep" is to cover the base and equally satisfy the Melee and Brawl fans?
To be fair, the fighting game quote was probably taken out of context.

Also, Sakurai did seem to approach DLC as each character filling some "role".

Corrin was straight up confirmed to be picked from characters who could serve for promotion.

Mewtwo was "special thanks"

We originally decided to create Mewtwo on the premise that we would distribute him as a special thanks to users who bought both versions of Sm4sh...
Notice how with Mewtwo's promotion they NEVER mentioned that he was a cut veteran. When he was announced, the April Fools direct, his released, his description on the EShop...nothing. However: Roy and Lucas were seen as "returning" characters.

Sakurai has always been VERY involved with the promotion of Smash -- ever from the first Smash Dojo. We know from Chris Pranger, that Sakurai had hundreds of hours of recording done just for a 10-second commercial.

So while it is indeed speculation, it's speculation that has a number of pieces of evidence supporting it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They just confirmed Dissidia NT in the livestream.

Hopefully they show Noctis soon or something.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
Just saw episode 23 preview of LWA, yeah this is probably the first time I review a preview...
So my guess is that Akko went missing and we are going to have more flashback on Shiny Chariot/Ursula/Chariot du Nord and Criox's past.

Probably the cutest Chariot I have ever seen.

Lotte is probably praying for Akko's safety.

We get another look of little Diana yay!

Also more nerd Criox

Also going to see Chariot f**ked up something. Plz stop... not really...

This episode is going to reveal almost everything about Chariot. However, I want to see what did Akko went as well. My guess is that we might not going to see Akko in this episode. Yeah, the first episode without the main character.
I also found this LWA reaction man chart, it's pretty hilarious:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm getting the paddle

Injustice 2's roster sucks anyway, no Alfred despite him knocking Supes the **** out canonically
avi_presenting_paddle.png

Too late, it's mine.

Also real talk, Injustice would be a must-buy for me if we got Alfred, even as DLC. Some digging verified he got one of the pills in the prequel comics, which is where he proceeded to hand Supes his tyrannical Kryptonian ass.

Only thing holding DC back is saying the word.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Couldn't they just have a mini-map that you fill in?

I know some PS2 JRPGs did that.
If you mean automatically, then no, because the whole thing about the maps is that you draw them yourself.
I believe the Switch does have a touch screen, but no proper stylus, so actually drawing it would be very awkward.
The lack of a second screen also means it'd need some submenu and it would break the pacing completely when all the games have you being able to draw the maps at almost any time, including battles.
Same time we get info on this

Also the Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 version of 8 seems to be the PS1 version and not the Saturn version. Dammit
No one cares about **** Riders, Gwen, stop spreading your ferish like that

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also real talk, Injustice would be a must-buy for me if we got Alfred, even as DLC. Some digging verified he got one of the pills in the prequel comics, which is where he proceeded to hand Supes his tyrannical Kryptonian ***.

Only thing holding DC back is saying the word.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN
COME ON DCWu YOU KNOW TO MAKE UP FOR BVS WE NEED AVS
If you mean automatically, then no, because the whole thing about the maps is that you draw them yourself.
I believe the Switch does have a touch screen, but no proper stylus, so actually drawing it would be very awkward.
The lack of a second screen also means it'd need some submenu and it would break the pacing completely when all the games have you being able to draw the maps at almost any time, including battles.

No one cares about **** Riders, Gwen, stop spreading your ferish like that

I dunno, there's at least 4 fans in this thread, possibly one more.
Plus, there was some bondage **** posted a while ago with that Inkling so it's game
How could Kamen Rider gets sexualized for a feitsh anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom