• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So let's see what Nintendo is giving for me on my Birthday....

-Pokken DX for Switch: Not bad. Very cool to see Decidueye as well as the Team Match feature. That being said, most likely I won't be getting it at launch. But it'll be nice when I do get it at some point.
-Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. Interesting to see something like Crystal, Emerald and Platinum rather than BW2. The Necrozuma armor for the Legendary Pokemon looks rather interesting.
-POKEMON GOLD AND SILVER VC! YES! :joyful:Oh, how much I played the heck out of Gold back then. Easily my favorite Gen. Sorta sad that Crystal isn't coming too, but maybe it could come eventually. Either way, THANK YOU GAME FREAK FOR THE AWESOME PRESENT! :love:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Because the system you own it on is dead. Do you honestly expect Nintendo to support a dead system? If the answer is yes then I suggest you start living in reality.

That implies there's a problem with a company not supporting a dead product.

Do you even read?

I've accepted that the Wii U is a dead system and won't be supported by Nintendo anymore.

What do you want, a medal? You just going to keep repeating that same "complainer is always wrong" **** you keep spewing out? I don't see why I'm still arguing with you, given you're just going to keep repeating yourself over and over like it'll somehow change my mind, somehow convince me that Nintendo can truly do no wrong according to you. It's like arguing with a brick wall who thinks he's the smartest person around. Well, you're not. You can continue arguing with me about how perfect and flawless Nintendo is, and I'll remain angry that they're still willing to throw the people who buy their consoles under the bus after all this time.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That which controls time will bring the day on it's own terms. For today, it does not see the world as ready. But it's time will come. Watch the curve of space, grasshopper. When the planets align, we'll know.
So basically, we're waiting on Dialga's word then.

Alright.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Got another sneak peak at Sonic Forces' OST.

This time it's the music that plays during the Custom Heroes' version of Park Avenue.
Sounds pretty neat, glad to have vocal tracks back.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Geez, this pretty much sums up the topic and mentality at hand.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Still kind of upset that there aren't any rock or normal type Pokémon in Pokken. Every other type is represented.

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
That's not at all what I'm saying but hey, when you don't have a valid argument you put words into people's mouths huh?

Fine, I want to stop this argument. I still don't agree with you, but otherwise, we're just going to keep going around in circles over and over again.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Good grief... every time I look at a Smash related topic on the Nintendo Switch reddit and see how many people say Smash isn't likely to appear at E3 especially with the relevation of us getting Pokken Tournament on the Switch, my mind just gets depressed or doubtful.

Perhaps that just comes off as natural, but how else would they announce Smash? E3 seems like the only natural place to do it and a separate direct just wouldn't feel right...

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Confirmed:

Only when Switch is docked.

Not surprised the Pokken controller only works on a docked Switch. It does require USB outlets after all.

I get the feeling it's going to be a similar situation for the Gamecube controllers and adaptors when Smash Switch comes around.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I get the feeling it's going to be a similar situation for the Gamecube controllers and adaptors when Smash Switch comes around.
Oh yeah, this should hopefully follow suit for the next Smash be it an enhanced port or new game.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Good grief... every time I look at a Smash related topic on the Nintendo Switch reddit and see how many people say Smash isn't likely to appear at E3 especially with the relevation of us getting Pokken Tournament on the Switch, my mind just gets depressed or doubtful.

Perhaps that just comes off as natural, but how else would they announce Smash? E3 seems like the only natural place to do it and a separate direct just wouldn't feel right...
I don't see what on earth Pokken has to do with Smash. They aren't the same kind of fighting game, they have different audiences, and I'm pretty sure different teams at Namco worked on them.

The short timeframe is honestly more concerning than Pokken ever will be, but even that might not be a concern if Nintendo decided to trim the fat and keep the Spotlight down to trailers instead of poofing it up full of skits and interviews.

Reggie already mentioned Smash as an example of games that push online and there are Smash Amiibo coming out at the weirdest time. I doubt hope for Smash is dead, people are just being dramatic because they got their hopes up higher than they should have with the Pokemon Direct and that apparently means EVERYTHING must suck now.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Confirmed:

Only when Switch is docked.

Good as I enjoyed that controller.

Also, I hope Ultra Sun/Moon will take advantage of the New 3DS system. I was a bit surprised vanilla Sun/Moon didn't.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My only emotion right now is relief.

I was worried Ultra Sun/Moon would be Switch/n3DS exclusive.

Arigatou gozaimasu Nintendo for taking care of your broke customers.
Sorry for repeating, but...
The Pokémon Direct 少しがっかり...

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
My thoughts on the new Direct.
  • Pokken Deluxe for Switch? I remember the original, quite fun, but didn't stick with me for too long. Would love to get the Deluxe Edition on Switch, but I'm not too keen on dropping another $60 on the game again. That, and I'll actually need to get a Switch first. Hopefully, Gamestop will have a trade-in deal, but the chances of that are next to none. At least the Pokken controller is confirmed to be compatible to some degree. And damn, that trailer felt long.
  • Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I was expecting a sequel or combined version, but it seems that this is just a remake with more content. Can't say I'm too keen on the idea, initially, but we only saw a few seconds of footage, so there's no way of telling just how much stuff they've changed/added. Once we know more, I'll start warming up to it.
  • Gold and Silver on 3DS Virtual Console, and compatible with Pokemon Bank. Awesome.

D

Deleted member

FE Echoes Act 5 spoilers
FINAL MAP HYPE
Xenoblade Chronicles' plot? #GaidenDidItFirst
Alm is Shulk, Celica is Fiora, Slayder is Metal Face and so on, you can't deny it.
**** YEAH FINAL MAP QUOTES ARE BACK IN FULL FORCE
"If you're that desperate for a show of force, I'll be happy to oblige"
"All we're asking is the ability to live as we think best. Is that really so bad?"
"Even without gods, I have my friends. With them, I can survive anything."
"This world belongs to Alm. To all of us. There's plenty of room for hope in it... but there's no room in it for you!"
"You're gonna pay for what you did to Celica, buddy. You're gonna pay HARD!"
"Sorry, but I've got no interest in the way people like you operate. That's reason enough for me to want to put you down!"
"Foisting your way on the world by force? You're no better than pirates. And it just so happens I don't take kindly to pirates!"
"Your fetish for power is simply barbaric. Where's the joy? The love? Your perfect world is as dull as dirt."
"This business of relying on gods and... so forth all seems quite absurd to me. The creepy man will excuse himself now!"
"Ugh. It's almost painful to watch... Just how hopelessly ignorant can someone be?"
"A battle between god and mortal? Sounds exhilarating to me."
"I alone will decide who I choose to worship. But I can promise you one thing: it certainly won't be you!"

Mathilda's and Leon's are probably my favorite ones. Faye's would be good too but she just had to go and suck on Alm's ****
After those, Valbar's, Clair's, Mae's and Sonya's are my favorites
The rest of the listed ones are all great too imo

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Neflix is removing Futurama at the beginning of July.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Neflix is removing Futurama at the beginning of July.
**** man, you just killed me with that image. Rest In Spaghetti me.

Oh and, yeah, that suck.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I got the Pokken news I wanted to hear. With all of the arcade characters, a team battle mode and Decidueye. Not to mention all of the stuff that was already in the base game. Pretty cool.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As if the Wii U wasn't buried hard enough...

The Wii U in Sun/Moon's room was outright removed and replaced by a Switch...

RiP...
I found this gem.

I guess we can expect Sinnoh confirmed for all future Ninty Directs now? :p
'Sinnoh confirmed' confirmed the new 'Hoenn confirmed'...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OK trying to get Sol is getting ridiculous.

Collectively, between yesterday and today, I've put like, 4 hours into trying to get this at least. Tried both Thabes and Inner Sanctum and no luck.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only thing exciting in the pokemon direct was Gold and Silver in the virtual console

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
OK trying to get Sol is getting ridiculous.

Collectively, between yesterday and today, I've put like, 4 hours into trying to get this at least. Tried both Thabes and Inner Sanctum and no luck.
If it's like Gaiden then it's got a drop rate of about 0.055% from Mogalls.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Due to how successful the Sun and Moon thread was in Smashboards' Poke Center forum in the SM prerelease days, I made a new thread for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. You can check it out here

I know that these new games will still be discussed here, but considering that a good number of people from this Social was active in the SM thread one year ago, I'd figure I'd bring it up again.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like it's too soon to release a Sun/ Moon part 2

For me, at least.

Can't get excited about it

Status
Not open for further replies.