• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm definitely debating naming my new Lunala Ultra Lord if I don't go with Nebby again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what'd suck?

If they also made a sun/ moon part 3

Because this gen seems to be moving fast

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So do you guys think these Pokémon are forms of Solgaleo & Lunala or forms of Necrozma (a la Kyurem)

I'm going with the former.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so im digging the "final" css for pokken (because who knows if there will be dlc)

Chrono.

So do you guys think these Pokémon are forms of Solgaleo & Lunala or forms of Necrozma (a la Kyurem)

I'm going with the former.
The former as it looks like Solgaleo and Lunaala are wearing Necrozma as armor, as opposed to the Kyurem fusions.

(Plus back then it was established that Reshiram and Zekrom were one being, so it wasn't far fetched that Kyurem could fuse with one or both).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Since things have settled down, I'm going to go ahead and share this again since I've been mulling it over.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347190

Really, the implications of what's said there are shockingly close to what actually happened. Of course, there's also that Mystery Dungeon namedrop. . .HMM. . .

Ivander

Smash Legend
Heh...
"Nonsense. I mean, how bad can they get?" *looks at the newest event* :smirk:..........:chuckle:

Can we start hassling the writer to write up a follow-up to this?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
oh god im going to die via cramps.
Nooooooo I thought I was the only one that had to suffer. :<

Whatever you do don't eat anything. Last week involved much regret on my end and the sacrifice of two pizza slices that did nothing wrong.

Chrono.

Since things have settled down, I'm going to go ahead and share this again since I've been mulling it over.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347190

Really, the implications of what's said there are shockingly close to what actually happened. Of course, there's also that Mystery Dungeon namedrop. . .HMM. . .
This isn't really anything new. DP came out after the DS was a couple years old, so did XY with the 3DS and looks like they're gonna go that route with the Switch.

Now, whether you think it's a good decision or not, is up to you. Personally, I think people are just really hungry for a console HD Pokemon game and a lot of them had build up the idea TPC and Gamefreak were immediately jumping ship, hence the super vocal disappointment for a practice they've been doing for a decade now.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Alastor and Jet Black were the only real competitors in the last Viewtiful Joe poll. But the smug rival with a Round Trip beat him by one vote in the end. All according to plan considering the series I will cover next.

Kamiya's former baby Devil May Cry has a cast of lovable, strong, and stylish characters that were playable in a variety of games. Some were even consistent guests in select Capcom crossovers (including Viewtiful Joe). Your choices are Dante, Vergil, Lady, and Trish.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Why I did this? Because Lord Mundus wanted me to make you all suffer hard. :evil:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

so im digging the "final" css for pokken (because who knows if there will be dlc)
My only questions are how random fighters are going to be selected now and if the game is seriously drive the point home about Decidueye by having the cursor be on it by default like it did with the Random select.

Chrono.

My only questions are how random fighters are going to be selected now and if the game is seriously drive the point home about Decidueye by having the cursor be on it by default like it did with the Random select.
Just map it to one of the buttons that doesn't do anything there.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alastor and Jet Black were the only real competitors in the last Viewtiful Joe poll. But the smug rival with a Round Trip beat him by one vote in the end. All according to plan considering the series I will cover next.

Kamiya's former baby Devil May Cry has a cast of lovable, strong, and stylish characters that were playable in a variety of games. Some were even consistent guests in select Capcom crossovers (including Viewtiful Joe). Your choices are Dante, Vergil, Lady, and Trish.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Why I did this? Because Lord Mundus wanted me to make you all suffer hard. :evil:
Damn it, I can't choose between all four of them. They would be great additions.

At least throw some fodder up there like Kat and Nero.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This isn't really anything new. DP came out after the DS was a couple years old, so did XY with the 3DS and looks like they're gonna go that route with the Switch.

Now, whether you think it's a good decision or not, is up to you. Personally, I think people are just really hungry for a console HD Pokemon game and a lot of them had build up the idea TPC and Gamefreak were immediately jumping ship, hence the super vocal disappointment for a practice they've been doing for a decade now.
I know myself it isn't anything new, although the interview certainly shines a brighter light on what was about to happen.

Sometimes I wonder how many other people know, though.

Oh, and. . .Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is something new. :3

Nothing one couldn't hypothetically figure out in retrospect was probably coming next year anyway from it's average dev cycle, but if that's a hint at it that's something new.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nooooooo I thought I was the only one that had to suffer. :<

Whatever you do don't eat anything. Last week involved much regret on my end and the sacrifice of two pizza slices that did nothing wrong.
You started today also or last week? And Dont eat?! What?! *scarfs down many grapes*

I want Vanilla Ice Cream. When mine starts, I instantly go for Lemon Drop candy. Basicly, I get hungry

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Damn it, I can't choose between all four of them. They would be great additions.

At least throw some fodder up there like Kat and Nero.
> Nero
> fodder

Do I need to bring Yamato into this *****?

Chrono.

Surprised haven't seen this getting brought up more.

What do you think? New mechanic? Or just reworked Z-Moves? Maybe something else?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You started today also? And Dont eat?! What?! *scarfs down many grapes*
I went through it last week.

Last week though. . .that. . .wasn't good. Let's just say it involved literal writhing in pain begging in my head for God to make it stop.

And ended with a pizza fountain.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
if there is dlc i can see it being 7 pokemon total with 1 gen 2 and 2 gen 5,6,and 7 pokemon

(Ampharos, Golurk, Serperior, Greninja, Tyrantrum, Buzzwole, and Tapu koko being my picks)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If it's like Gaiden then it's got a drop rate of about 0.055% from Mogalls.

That, and it has a chance of dropping from crates in the lower floors of Thabes, except it will appear as a Rusted Lance and you won't know if it's Sol until you recover it at the Smithy.

It also has a chance of dropping outright from pots in the Inner Sanctum DLC Dungeon.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
While USUM hasn't been defined as a sequel/remake/retelling yet, I think these games will feature a more traditional Pokémon experience, like adding Gyms and having a fixed Champion while keeping some of the traditional Alola elements like the Trials.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just watched the Pokémon Direct rebroadcast and:

Decidueye in Pokken DX:

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon:

Gold and Silver on 3DS VC, but not Crystal:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently gen 4 remake is still being teased

Someone mentioned all the gens were shown in the trailer except gen 4

...?

Edit:

Honestly this is probably just a cash grab rom hack of Pokémon sun and moon to hold fans off until gen 4 remakes

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I went through it last week.

Last week though. . .that. . .wasn't good. Let's just say it involved literal writhing in pain begging in my head for God to make it stop.

And ended with a pizza fountain.
that sounds like me right now excpet Im eating nonstop while holding my head, holding myself, trying not to pass out and craving lemon candy.... I really want some Lemon Drops.. so bad

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Final map of Echoes beat!
I loved this map, it was fun cutting down fhrough the hoddes of enemies, I loved how the pre-final battle quotes were handled this time and beating the hell out of Jedah was satisfying. All thanks to Str blessed Gray crits.

Holy hell Duma looks creepy with that eye
Not as creepy as the original but still
Invoke saved my ass fdom drawing Duma in so I could gang on him afterwards.
SHIELD DROP!!! HE ****ING DID THE SHIELD DROP!!!

Nice endings, just miss the character titles
>Tobin got a ****ing castle
Jfc Alm, you can't just go around giving these

I really want to see Lukas as a teacher though, I hope there's fanart of that

>Sonya is implied to have become a Witch
Oh god this is Canas all over again
Still, it doesn't make sense that she became one, considering only Duma can grant such thing and well... he's dead.
I mean, don't they usually replace the home consoles with the next consoles in the next games?
Yeah but that usually only happens in a new Gen, not that it matters much, we all knew the Wii U was dead after BotW
I'm definitely debating naming my new Lunala Ultra Lord if I don't go with Nebby again.
Ultra Nebby, duh
You know what'd suck?

If they also made a sun/ moon part 3

Because this gen seems to be moving fast
It has been like that since Platinum, dude, it's nothing new
Hell, B2W2 were announced within a similar timeframe after the release of BW
Surprised haven't seen this getting brought up more.

What do you think? New mechanic? Or just reworked Z-Moves? Maybe something else?
I wanna bet it's how you activate Ultra Nebby
Either that or just a fancy animation for a special Z-Move, I doubt we're getting some incredibly new mechanic midgen

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just watched the Pokémon Direct rebroadcast and:

Decidueye in Pokken DX:

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon:

Gold and Silver on 3DS VC, but not Crystal:

Hold on, a video of What The Cut on a English forum about Smash?!
sunglasses-shocked-reaction.gif

I tought this day would have never happened while I was here.
What a time to be alive.:050:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Final map of Echoes beat!
I loved this map, it was fun cutting down fhrough the hoddes of enemies, I loved how the pre-final battle quotes were handled this time and beating the hell out of Jedah was satisfying. All thanks to Str blessed Gray crits.

Holy hell Duma looks creepy with that eye
Not as creepy as the original but still
Invoke saved my *** fdom drawing Duma in so I could gang on him afterwards.
SHIELD DROP!!! HE ****ING DID THE SHIELD DROP!!!

Nice endings, just miss the character titles
>Tobin got a ****ing castle
Jfc Alm, you can't just go around giving these

I really want to see Lukas as a teacher though, I hope there's fanart of that

>Sonya is implied to have become a Witch
Oh god this is Canas all over again
Still, it doesn't make sense that she became one, considering only Duma can grant such thing and well... he's dead.

Yeah but that usually only happens in a new Gen, not that it matters much, we all knew the Wii U was dead after BotW

Ultra Nebby, duh

It has been like that since Platinum, dude, it's nothing new
Hell, B2W2 were announced within a similar timeframe after the release of BW

I wanna bet it's how you activate Ultra Nebby
Either that or just a fancy animation for a special Z-Move, I doubt we're getting some incredibly new mechanic midgen

Black and White 2 were at least released 2 years after Black and White

Also I skipped black and white 2 after getting bored of black and white and just went back to heart gold

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wii U owners DID get screwed as Darkrai, Croagunk, Scizor and Empoleon were found on the Wii U version after a patch, the fact nothing came of that AT ALL means they got screwed in a way. Though it makes sense for Nintendo to drop the corpse into a coffin

Lunala doesn't look good with the armour, which sucks. Gonna need a lot more info to consider a justification for the game, especially as I haven't touched Moon since December. If I get the games, I'll likely get Ultra Sun and call Solgaleo Black Sun. Sucks Necrozma's only armour even if the concept of armour is cool.

One of my least favourite gens on VC and not the improved version. yay...

I think I've simply outgrown pokemon for now. At least I got my MHA manga in the mail today

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
hey, maybe pokken can have an active competetive community this time.

and maybe pokkenboards here on SB can get some activity :troll:
I can tell that Shofu is foaming at the mouth as we speak.

More Pokken for EVO confirmed.

D

Deleted member

I gotta say.

Pokken DX has me super hyped.

I'd loved more life to be brought to Pokken.

And the best part is....

WE ONLY NEED ONE SCREEN!
Alright, that fixes ONE of my issues with the game
Black and White 2 were at least released 2 years after Black and White

Also I skipped black and white 2 after getting bored of black and white and just went back to heart gold
Only if you lived in Japan.
And I don't see how YOU skipping it makes it different from now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom