• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I have no clue what you're rambling about, to be perfectly honest.

I've never seen anyone put a sequel in the same boat as a port if the "artstyle and setting aren't completely different". I've seen people complain about re-used assets and one troll on GameFAQs say that New Super Mario Bros U was a port of New Super Mario Bros Wii, but outside of that.....nope.

The belief that the ports prevent Nintendo from making actual sequels is stupid, yes, but I don't see how it's relevant, given that I said nothing about it. If the Switch's library gets filled with Wii U re-releases, it's going to be viewed as a console that has nothing new to offer. Porting everything sounds like a good idea on paper and gives the Switch a huge library out of the gate, but the eventual hit on its reputation makes me question how viable it really is.

Fair enough.
This is what happens when your last system was a massive failure.

Games on it ****ing died and the Switch needs somethin so there wobtbe like crazy amount of game droughts.

Keep on pretending that the Wii U was a lot more relevant than you think. Keep on believing it and when those ports keep selling and it doesn't matter. Or you think people like us who never own a Wii U are nonexistent consumers and that we don't matter but the Wii U owners do. I want Smash, Pokken, MK8, Bayonetta 2 on the Switch because I've never own a Wii U and I'll be damned if I buy a system that cost the same as a Switch but weaker in everyway and is dead.

TL;DR:
There are more people that didn't own a Wii U than there are people who did, don't treat us like we ain't the ones they are going after.

Chrono.

So Nintendo's E3 presentation is estimated to be 30 minutes long.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...3_nintendo_spotlight_will_be_about_30_minutes

If true, it's shorter than 2014 and 2015, though the last normal direct was about that length and was very succinct at showing off titles. Though, the E3 directs have been more flashy with longer segments.

Whatever's in it, I hope it's good.
I don't really care for the long skits so if we get less of that I'm good.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
It is objectively a good thing though.
- The Switch is set to sell more than the Wii U, therefore you'll have people who never owned a Wii U on the Switch.
- Ports allow people who never played those games to play them, often with the added bonus of being better than the regular version.
- Being cheap is better for Nintendo and you're still getting new games. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe didn't stop ARMS from happening despite having the same development team.

God forbid people use logic instead of accusing people of being fanboys for using said logic.

It is not "objectively a good thing" for Wii U owners, no matter how hard you try to blame them. You just keep going around in circles about how the Wii U owners aren't justified in being angry at all, cause how dare they be angry that just about every game they've bought is just going to get re-released with exclusive content anyway. Does that really seem as unreasonable as you're making them out to be?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm sure Sceptile would disagree.
I'm not making those claims, but do you see the false equivalency between a gen 3 Pokemon getting in Smash in 2015+ (or whenever they started thinking he'd be included) and a gen 7 during the promotional span of gen 7?

Oh boy... please tell me there will be zero filler involved if its that short. I'm going to be annoyed if there's constant filler throughout the spotlight.

I'm honestly hoping it's the equivalent of what the April 12th Nintendo Direct did. That was a well done presentation, and I hope Nintendo considers doing it again for this spotlight, but without filler.
If it's anything like the last direct there will barely be room to breath.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...3_nintendo_spotlight_will_be_about_30_minutes

If true, it's shorter than 2014 and 2015, though the last normal direct was about that length and was very succinct at showing off titles. Though, the E3 directs have been more flashy with longer segments.

Considering the last Direct had a rapid fire format, this makes sense; quick and concrete announcements with no gimmicks.

Inb4 15 minutes of Oddysey.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Sceptile also isn't a Gen VII Pokémon. Not the same situation at all.
Gen VII might not even be the new thing by the time the next Smash rolls around.

Don't forget about what happened to Hoenn in Brawl and Unova in 4.

I'm not making those claims, but do you see the false equivalency between a gen 3 Pokemon getting in Smash in 2015+ (or whenever they started thinking he'd be included) and a gen 7 during the promotional span of gen 7?
Given that the claim being made is that Decidueye being in Pokken somehow boosts its chances, no, I don't see the false equivalency.

Pokken means absolutely nothing to Smash.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Thirty minutes is not a lot of time.

Considering the Digital Events are faster paced than the other company's presentations, it may not be an issue, but I hope we get very little (or no) filler this year.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Oh boy... please tell me there will be zero filler involved if its that short. I'm going to be annoyed if there's constant filler throughout the spotlight.

I'm honestly hoping it's the equivalent of what the April 12th Nintendo Direct did. That was a well done presentation, and I hope Nintendo considers doing it again for this spotlight, but without filler.
I'd be happy to see Robot Chicken again but not Miyamoto marvelling at Japanese culture while he explains inspirations for a an already announced game or similar stuff from 2015. So long as it's entertaining and most of that 30 minutes is game reveals, some small breaks in between are ok.

There is also after the presentation to show off more but we just have to wait and see how things go right now.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Are you trying to make me go insane? :p

Going to be honest though... I'd prefer that Super Mario Odyssey only get about 5 or so minutes before they move on to other titles. And please... save that Mario + Rabbids game for Ubisoft's press conference; If it shows up at all in the spotlight and is longer then 2 minutes, I'll probably lose interest.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Are you trying to make me go insane? :p

Going to be honest though... I'd rather Super Mario Odyssey only get about 5 or so minutes before they move on to other titles.
Let's be honest, we should all probably brace ourselves for that getting a disproportionate amount of time while all of us waiting for new game announcements or even just news on other existing ones are busy screaming "get on with it!" inside our heads.

I'd hope not since they have Treehouse for non-trailer stuff, but. . .

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gen VII might not even be the new thing by the time the next Smash rolls around.

Don't forget about what happened to Hoenn in Brawl and Unova in 4.
I'm of the belief we're likely getting a Smash 4 DX, so Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will still be the new thing. That's why I'm thinking Decidueye is likely. Yeah, if a Smash port doesn't happen he's far from guaranteed, but as of now things seem to be aligning. That's all.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm of the belief we're likely getting a Smash 4 DX, so Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will still be the new thing. That's why I'm thinking Decidueye is likely. Yeah, if a Smash port doesn't happen he's far from guaranteed, but as of now things seem to be aligning. That's all.
Things? You mean the Stars? :troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just hope they don't lop 90% of everything into a sizzle trailer like they tend to do.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I saw the replies to this post but the image wasn't loading and I have never been angrier at slow internet
I know how that feels.
This was basically kind of same as my reaction when I was watching the Pokémon Direct.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I want to believe right now, Opossum. I want you to be right with that; both Smash coming to the Switch and Decidueye being added to the game. If it happens and you end up being right with at least one of the two predictions, I will consider Chrom to be the best character in Fire Emblem and talk about why he is. :p

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
It is not "objectively a good thing" for Wii U owners, no matter how hard you try to blame them.
You still got the game. There is nothing bad about it.

I You just keep going around in circles about how the Wii U owners aren't justified in being angry at all, cause how dare they be angry that just about every game they've bought is just going to get re-released with exclusive content anyway.
The issue is people like you constantly ******** and whining about enhanced ports getting new content. It's an ENHANCED PORT for a reason. There is no justification for being mad. You already played the game on your now dead system, you're NOT the target audience.

Does that really seem as unreasonable as you're making them out to be?
Yeah it does. Anyone expecting new content for a game on a dead system is only fooling themselves.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
In all honesty, I'll wait for Pokemon game on Switch. I'd like such a game to be a real polished and complete experience. If it takes up to 2018-2019, then I'm all for it if it's for the good of the game. Rushing it out of the door would only harm it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I want to believe right now, Opossum. I want you to be right with that; both Smash coming to the Switch and Decidueye being added to the game. If it happens and you end up being right with at least one of the two predictions, I will consider Chrom to be the best anime character in Fire Emblem and talk about why he is. :p
if you want a real animu character in Smash, best get Killia from Disgaea. Hes anime af

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
You still got the game. There is nothing bad about it.

The issue is people like you constantly ******** and whining about enhanced ports getting new content. It's an ENHANCED PORT for a reason. There is no justification for being mad. You already played the game on your now dead system, you're NOT the target audience.

Yeah it does. Anyone expecting new content for a game on a dead system is only fooling themselves.

Oh, I understand I have the game. The issue is that I straight-up have to buy it again on a new system if I want the new content. Do you seriously not see the problem with that? Do you even have a Wii U?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love how a system having ports from a old system that didn't do good at all is somehow hurting a system from its first year in. FIRST FREAKING YEAR.

Games take a while to develop or you want those droughts and give Nintendo **** for not supporting it.

Pretend that non-Wii U owners or exclusively 3DS owners don't exist.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as angry but for **** sakes, people need to think coherently and not being blinded because Wii U owners will feel jaded over this. It sucks but it's either this or no games between BoTW and ARMS and then between Splatoon 2 and Mario Oddesey.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
if you want a real animu character in Smash, best get Killia from Disgaea. Hes anime af
If Killia's too new for them and they need an established character request, I'd say they should go with Lloyd Irving.

People go on about Fire Emblem like it's anime, folks haven't been actually playing all these games with actual anime intros and tropes. Fire Emblem's the shallow end of the anime pool, kids. You ain't taken the plunge yet.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
In all honesty, I'll wait for Pokemon game on Switch. I'd like such a game to be a real polished and complete experience. If it takes up to 2018-2019, then I'm all for it if it's for the good of the game. Rushing it out of the door would only harm it.
What bugs me the most is still Ultra Sun/Moon, I would rather hope they release Diamond and Pearl remake regardless it comes to Switch or 3ds.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Given that the claim being made is that Decidueye being in Pokken somehow boosts its chances, no, I don't see the false equivalency.

Pokken means absolutely nothing to Smash.
Well the first thing I did was disregard those claims, so that's really not what I asked.

Every comparison to Sceptile is forgoing all other contextual significance to focus on a singular reason Decidueye is requested. All I'm saying is there is much more that makes their situations different than that makes them the same.

D

Deleted member

Decydueye in Pokken only proves that if they are choosing any Gen 7 Pokemon for Smash, it's him
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon being only on 3DS is pretty disappointing. I have an old 3DS and I hear Sun and Moon struggle quite a bit on that. Guess I'll have to wait for the inevitable Pokémon Switch.

Is it done well or poorly?
Some of the earlier fights(the 4v4 ones) are kinda boring but they get MUCH better with the 2v2 and subsequent 1v1 ones
But is it Etrian?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
The issue is that I straight-up have to buy it again on a new system if I want the new content.
Because the system you own it on is dead. Do you honestly expect Nintendo to support a dead system? If the answer is yes then I suggest you start living in reality.

Do you seriously not see the problem with that?
That implies there's a problem with a company not supporting a dead product.

Do you even have a Wii U?
Do you even read?

You got a Wii U (I did too)
I've accepted that the Wii U is a dead system and won't be supported by Nintendo anymore.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What bugs me the most is still Ultra Sun/Moon, I would rather hope they release Diamond and Pearl remake regardless it comes to Switch or 3ds.
The last remake was literally two games ago.

That which controls time will bring the day on it's own terms. For today, it does not see the world as ready. But it's time will come. Watch the curve of space, grasshopper. When the planets align, we'll know.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My only emotion right now is relief.

I was worried Ultra Sun/Moon would be Switch/n3DS exclusive.

Arigatou gozaimasu Nintendo for taking care of your broke customers.

D

Deleted member

The Wii U being dead is no excuse for Nintendo to punish customers who bought their products.
This will only make them less likely to buy their new ones because they can simply wait for a better version with more content.
They gave the 3DS Ambassador Program to those who bought the 3DS at a higher price so why can't they reward players who bought MK8 or Pokken in some way? Like exclusive content, even if trivial stuff like aesthetics, or a goddamn discount for buying the same game again.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The Pokemon direct is awesome.

I'm just excited for my boy Decidueye in Pokken. One step closer to Smash. :D
Woah, calm down, you might get disappointed if you don't reel in the excitement of possibly seeing a wanted character if things don't go out that way. That said, Decidueye looks pretty awesome in Pokken.

0/10, too freaking anime!:troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom