• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I expected either Stars (which is likely Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon I don't know why people think otherwise) or the Sinnoh remakes to come to 3DS....

I can bet the next generation of Pokemon games could likely come to the Switch, especially at that point the Switch will have had more time to flourish in the market...One thing I find to be always consistent with Pokemon games is it that no generation has been split between different platforms especially since third versions/sequels/remakes more or less resuse the same resources as follow-ups rather than play as new games entirely...

then again Kimishima seems to think people want a true successor to the 3DS that isn't the Switch for some reason, and if that's the case then the next Pokemon games will likely come to that platform...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have told my brother I will buy Switch pronto if they release a main Pokemon game on Switch right before the Direct starts. Pokken Tournament DX is a 50/50... no scratch that... it looks awesome but it's not a main Pokemon game so guess I'll save my money for Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Wii U pokken owners getting ****ed. Glad I never bought it for just this reason but it's still pretty disapointing :/
What, how? The new fighters?

Are we not all sitting here, waiting for a potential Smash for Switch port with new fighters?

"Man they sure ****ed over the people who got Smash for Wii U/3DS!"

Not to mention literally every other fighting game ever. Ultra Super Street Fighter 2 Deluxe 3 & Knuckles.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If I were Nintendo, I wouldn't have even put Pokken (or TMS or Zelda or Star Fox) on the Wii U at all. I would have saved them for the Switch launch
Star Fox was made specifically as a desperate attempt to prove that the Wii U's gimmick was worth something, so that wouldn't have happened either way. That game was another byproduct of the same bad decisions Nintendo is trying to run away from by ditching the Wii U as hard as they have in the first place.

TMS got them ripped apart similarly hard and while I heard the gameplay was solid probably wouldn't go over well either.

Zelda was saved for the Switch launch, they just probably already had the work done on the Wii U version to the point that it would have been a waste not to release it and didn't want to tick off the fandom. Wii U fans lash out at everything anyway, I can hardly imagine what not getting Zelda after years of being promised it would have done.

D

Deleted member

Alright but aren't we gonna talk about how the protagonists were wearing different sets of clothes during the whole starting segment?
Could we now customize clothing from the beginning?
Can we take a moment of silence and express our sorrow for Pokemon X and Y? With today's news, the poor games are the only generation games that didn't get a third version or a sequel of some sort to redeem themselves for most Pokemon fans.

*Zygarde to Nebby* "Geez, Cosmog, how come GF let you have FOUR games?"
I'm pretty sure we got to see the third lycanroc form:

It looks like midday but I don't think it is. The porportions are different:
I don't know if you simply missed it but you can clearly see it's Midday before it jumps
Screenshot_2017-06-06-11-43-59.png

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They look more like Digimon tbh
That ship sailed with like 4th gen imo.

Gaf is having a meltdown from their bloated expectations. Is that normal?
Business as usual.

There's no excuse for Nintendo ditching those that supported them by buying their sinking ship.
If there's a port, the new content should be DLC, leaving the ports to pull in the majority that didn't buy the WiiU
That's a horrible ****ing idea. Decreases the incentive to buy the game, alienates existing owners, comes off very greedy, generates more ill-will. There's a reason no company does this.

What good comes of it?

The press release page for US/UM in TPCi mentions a Switch version of US/UM...

[thinking emoji]

If you buy a sinking ship then that's on you.

Look man, as hardcore consumers, we know it's a bad idea to invest in wii U

But are you seriously defending the idea that "i bought a game that nintendo officially released, it's okay for me to be punished because of something unrelated to the software"

cmon. Based on this metaphor, Nintendo shouldnt be selling a sinking ship anyway. Either way it's screwed up.

No one should be punished for buying a game when there is no reason to believe there is an updated port coming up.

Are we not all sitting here, waiting for a potential Smash for Switch port with new fighters?

Not to mention literally every other fighting game ever. Ultra Super Street Fighter 2 Deluxe 3 & Knuckles.
I actually hate the idea myself

Even then, a smash game doesnt have characters that were already released on another version never getting released for no good reason.

Wii U owners straight up got ****ed and never got the DLC the arcade version got and now Switch

Last edited:

Chrono.

Because people may have missed my EDITS on my post last page:

- The "Nintendo Switch: TBA" thing was removed from the press release rather quickly
- Curiously, said press release doesn't mention the 3DS (or any console) by name, adding some fuel to the fire, as every other press release mentions it.

Overall I wouldn't think much of it just yet.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Smash isn't a good example since we still got the DLC for the characters that were released, you just got to pay for it. If anything, it's like Mario Kart 8, you could pay for the DLC for the Wii U version, or get the definitive version with them plus more for the next system. Pokken completely ignored the Wii U version and didn't give access to any of the new characters despite them existing in the data, so anyone who bought the Wii U version is getting left in the dust completely as they have no way of being able to play those characters unless they upgrade to the next game in the subseries.

And yeah, other fighting games do it, but that doesn't mean people were happy when they did it nor will they be happy when Pokken does it. It's a smart move to move units for the port, but for the fans who bought the original of course they're going to be disappointed.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wish I had gotten more mileage out of Pokken on my Wii U. I bought it but I've honestly only played it for ~10 minutes thus far. Decidueye is cool despite being obvious. Hopefully there will be more arenas and some Gen 7 Assists to round things out.

It sucks that Crystal isn't getting a port. Stupid Japanese Mobile Phone features... Still it's nice to finally have every Generation of Pokemon connected together. 21+ years and still going strong.

Chrono.

I wish I had gotten more mileage out of Pokken on my Wii U. I bought it but I've honestly only played it for ~10 minutes thus far. Decidueye is cool despite being obvious. Hopefully there will be more arenas and some Gen 7 Assists to round things out.
There was a beach stage on the trailer that wasn't in the Wii U game so more maps are in for sure.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Let's be perfectly honest with ourselves: Pokemon Company telegraphed this.

"We still kind of need to figure out how to adapt Pokemon to consoles, things like Pokken and Mystery Dungeon would probably be easier to release for the Switch."

Now, then, guess what gets announced?

I'm still banking on that Mystery Dungeon sometime over the next year or so, by the way. It better not be gimped like Gates to Infinity.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I think the difference here is that 4 of the characters are already completed, exist in the arcade version and have been purposefully held back. They aren't entirely new content like Decidueye.

If it was just Decidueye, then yeah you should probably be getting use to fighting games (well really any game) doing this by now. Though it still sucks if a game isn't even that old.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I loved that the shelf in the Direct spoiled what we were going to see:

- Johto Starters
- Decidueye with Pikachu Libre
- Solgaleo & Lunala

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now that "port everything you can" seems to be the strategy, I'm waiting for Hyrule Warriors: Linebeck & Groose Electric Boogaloo
Atlus whatever you do, don't port TMS....

I'm looking at you too, Monolith Soft.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Decidueye hype! :D So glad I didn't buy Pokken for Wii U.

Also lol at people saying Stars was fake. Just like Rainbow was fake, amirite? Stars was obviously the code name, like Niji.
The codename for what? Pokken? Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? The Switch port of Sun and Moon somehow morphed into a Pokken port or a 3DS Sun/Moon sequel?

Just let it go, dood. It's over.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, I have to wonder... with this Pokken Tournament port announcement, will that hinder the chances of Smash being announced? The fact the game releases in September concerns me.... please tease it at the very least, Nintendo. I think that's more then fair and I should be able to wait for it as long as I know that it exists.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

- Johto Starters
- Solgaleo & Lunala
Further: Notice how there is no Diamond and Pearl anywhere to be found.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

- Johto Starters
- Solgaleo & Lunala
It's also worth mentioning the boxes for Diamond and Pearl didn't appear at all in the background. Hmmmm.....

And looking at the above posts, I'm glad I'm not the only that noticed.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I can't be not sarcastic about USUM so I'll leave it alone.

Decidueye in Pokken? Now that's the real gold here, gentlemen. And he is looking mighty fine, I must say.

And finally, Gold/Silver VC. Disappoint that there's no Crystal, which is the better version, but so be it. I could give Silver a buy. At least I'll have a use for my 3DS I can't sell.

D

Deleted member

Since someone posted the image, look at the games on the shelf.

Notice one gen missing. :thinking:
it's Sinnoh
SINNOH CONFIRMED

....AGAIN. :V
As if Lucario, Pipulp, and Luxray showing up in the movie weren't confirmation already :V

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nintendo's E3 website updated to include the Pokken DX tournament.

Nintendo seems to love the tournament format to hype up games. We've got Splatoon 2, Pokken DX and Arms events this year. Inb4 there's a Smash Switch invitational as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just hope Smash actually combines the Wii U/3DS version, and actually has substantial new content like new modes, such as an Adventure Mode.

I'm fine with updated ports/re-releases as long as the new content is substantial and feels like something I would expect from a sequel, while still keeping the content from the original. If it's just "hey here's a couple of new characters and stages for full price", then yeah, that's a problem.

Games like Hyrule Warriors Legends and Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy are how these types of endeavours should be handled. They serve as ports, but also sort of serve as sequels too.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Honestly, I have to wonder... with this Pokken Tournament port announcement, will that hinder the chances of Smash being announced? The fact the game releases in September concerns me.... please tease it at the very least, Nintendo. I think that's more then fair and I should be able to wait for it as long as I know that it exists.
I have the same concern, honestly.

People seem to be viewing the port as a good sign for Smash, but it's every bit as much of a bad sign. Yes, another "Deluxe" port is proof enough that MK8 wasn't a one-time thing, but at the same time, releasing too many ports would send a negative message to consumers.....that Nintendo doesn't have much new to offer, and that they basically just want you to buy the same old games again and again.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'd actually like a port of it.

And XCX was one of the big port rumors for aa while now.
I've been beginning to think that people who reported on that, if legitimate, probably got told Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and just assumed it meant Xenoblade Chronicles X, not realising the two are different games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom