• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
A Wii U Ninitendo fighting game rerelease for the Switch with new characters AND DECIDUEYE!?

Hmmmmm.
And made by Namco.

Hmmmmmmmm

EDIT:

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Well Ok then.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I was listening to some Sonic Adventure tracks last night

why is Azure Blue World so danged catchy, it and Red Hot Skull are probably the two most unforgettable stage songs for me
The Sonic games have had a history of creating amazing soundtracks, but Adventure 1's might be the best one. It's possibly my personal fav Sonic soundtrack. All of the level themes match with the level structure really well, and almost all of them are memorable and varied in rhythm.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So basically, you just speculated that Lucas was chosen as the Brawl rep rather than Sakurai actually confirming with his own words that he was.

I also believe they will use the ballot /DLC to add only newcomers, as it seems that Lucas was chosen as the ‘cut Brawl rep’, while Roy was the ‘cut Melee rep’. Let me quickly explain this:
Roy is back from Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Lucas returns from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.Of the many fighters from past versions, I hope fans are happy to have back these two that were particularly popular.
This line is pretty obviously talking about the games they returned from seeing as these games were the ones that made them popular in the first place. Also note the emphasis on their popularity as their reason for returning.

tl;dr version? No confirmation that Lucas was chosen as the Brawl rep, just something that was commonly speculated as a fan assumption just like how people assumed that there never was going to be a fighting game character because they thought Sakurai didn't want any because of uniqueness-based reason.

Also, how can Roy be the "cut Melee rep" when we already have a cut Melee rep to begin with (Dr. Mario, whose inclusion was because of the fanbase he had in Melee) if the common reasoning about having a cut Melee "rep" and a cut Brawl "rep" is to cover the base and equally satisfy the Melee and Brawl fans?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
In all seriousness though, I never got Pokken for Wii U so I think I'll pick up Pokken DX.

And I'll probably pick up Ultra Sun or Moon cos I'm whipped.

AND HOLY **** THE BEST GEN IS COMING TO VC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, Pokemon ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Sun & Moon is coming on the 3DS.
Hey, seem interesting so far.
Also, I am glad I didn't buy Pokken when it come out. lol

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm pretty hyped for UltraSun and UltraMoon (despite their stupid names).

They called it an alternative story, which looks to include Necrozma as our mate Nebby final form was 'wearing them'.

New Alola forms please. Expanded Gen 7 Pokedex please.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
R.I.P. Pogemanz Star. Still looks interesting.

Glad that Pokkén Tournament if FINALLY getting the arcade content plus more.

And why no Crystal (I was planning to get Gold anyway but still)?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So much for Pokemon Stars.... I mean, we didn't get Pokemon Gray or Z, plus the Pokemon company themselves said once that they where done with third versions so why this rumour stuck around for so long, I don't know.

Anyway, will be looking forward to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; I guess I'm not surprised Pokken Tournament got a port for the Switch. The Wii U obviously failed and well, we people in the Americas could not really have access to the DLC as is, so I suppose this was a good move on Nintendo's port. Adding in Decidueye when he's desperately wanted as the next Pokemon representative in Smash was also a good move; maybe it'll happen in the future?

As for Ultra Sun and Moon, well.... I would of preferred Sinnoh remakes, to be honest, but as long as they plan on making the games more interesting and expanding upon it like Black and White 2 did (even if I didn't play Black and White and its sequel)...

I may as well point how utterly disappointed and insane the twitch chat was. Can't say I'm surprised, but what can you do? >_<

I actually decided to record my face in my reaction for the first time ever, but eh... I think it was too boring. :p

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Interesting that out of all the Sun and Moon characters they choose Decidueye to be playable in Pokken.

Also no Stars for Switch. Not really surprised by that at all.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
HURRAY! Now I can buy Pokken again to get those characters who's files are already on the ****ing Wii U version and should have been added there by now. **** Nintendo.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey guys, sorry I'm late, I had other business to attend t-

. . .Well I knew we were probably getting B2W2'd, but I didn't know it was gonna be THAT hard.

This is so deja vu that if it weren't for the backlash probably setting up to be identical as well it'd be funny.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's too bad I wasn't a fan of Sun and Moon otherwise I'd probably be more excited for UltraSun/Moon. Pokkén DX looks cool though, and I'll definitely pick up Silver on the eShop, no Crystal though? That's kinda weird.

All in all we got more than I expected but I wasn't really expecting much anyways. No actual Pokémon on Switch is a bummer as that would've launched Holiday sales into the stratosphere but Pokkén, Breath of the Wild, and Mario Odyssey will probably do that anyways. Not a bad Direct, especially for 8 minutes.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Anyway, will be looking forward to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
Typical Pokemon though, giving away so little in their initial trailer. I wanna know mooooore. Guess we need to wait for Corocoro.

Also, boy oh boy did that Pokken trailer go for a long time. Espeically for a game that already exists on a console and in arcades.

Wasn't really interested then, still not overly interested now.

Cool that Decidueye made it in though. He'd be fun to see in Smash one day.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Our first Pokemon game on Switch is... a port of Pokken. Oh and here's UltraSun and UltraMoon on the 3ds

More Alola forms pls

HURRAY! Now I can buy Pokken again to get those characters who's files are already on the ****ing Wii U version and should have been added there by now. **** Nintendo.
Please point me to the Decidueye files on the Wii U version.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Aight so.

- Glad to see Pokken getting a second chance on the Switch. Also intrigued by what Decidueye brings to the table. Probably a day one adoption for me, but I also understand I'll probably be an outlier in that regard.
- Weird vibes from Ultra S/M. Not enough info for hype yet though.
- G/S on VC is cool, but underwhelming.

Overall, happy for Pokken, otherwise disappointed.

But with Pokken's mixed reputation, I bet that doesn't bode well for general consensus.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pokken Switch - Decidueye hype plus the other four fighters (and a kick in the groin for Pokken Wii U owners it seems)...I dunno if I'll get the Switch version as I played the Wii U version for a bit, got bored...eventually traded it in for MK8D...Having Scizor in the roster now helps as overall Weavile and Scizor were my top two most wanted...but I dunno...I have a while to think about it...

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon...I need more info, so far all I got was Solgaleo and Lunala fusions with Necrozma and new clothing....but cool I guess...it seems to be the Yellow of the Generation except this time there's two versions of it as opposed to just one...I don't think I'll get both versions tbh, but I might grab one when it comes out November...

Gold and Silver for VC :)............but no Crystal :( why?

Overall I'd say it was a 7/10 not the best direct but nothing really bad (apart from the kick in the groin for Wii U owners, makes me glad I got rid of my copy)(that and no Pokemon Crystal on VC)

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, I'm overall disappointed...
They should have had a Diamond and Pearl remake....

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Very underwhelming honestly, and I didn't have any expectations.

Guess I'll sell Wii U Pokken. Might finish the story mode first though since I never did.

Not sure if I would get the Switch version, but the Wii U version will definitely be dead when the Switch version comes out. It will be a strong game to have for the Switch line-up, but personally, it doesn't seem like it's doing anything to my core issues with the original game so I'm not sure if it will be worth double dipping. If the Pokken controller isn't compatible, then I'm definitely selling it since I still have the box for that, plus I still have the Shadow Mewtwo card sealed.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are just whatever, cool for the Pokemon faithful but definitely not intended to bring in new players. Disappointing it's not on Switch at least.

I love Gold and Silver but my brother and I still own our original copies, and emulators exist too.

Nothing here for me really but thanks for potentially making me some money, Pokemon Company. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pokken Switch looks hype, especially with Scizor, Darkrai and Decydueye, plus the fact each of the Switch joycons can be used as a separate controller but...
It doesn't fix my issues with the game, in that it feels slows as **** and the two styles of battle don't translate well together, they should have sticked with one style tbh.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, uh? Masuda called it an "alternate story" so I wonder if it's like the previous third versions that happen in a different canon from the originals or it was a bad choice of words and it's a sequel.
The fact that the player seems to start at the same house seems to imply the former so this would be a heavily altered "third version" unlike what we've seen before.
Glad I'm still going to have my PokeBank subscription by the time it comes out.
Also, tHe 3dS iS dEaD

GS VC is cool and all but I aleeady have SS so eh...
Still, they're gonna make more money out of this again

Also, sneaky Masuda, he had Johto and Alola starters plushies behind him before his segment

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pretty good direct, Stars is dead, but Ultra Sun and Moon is neat. Those new legends forms are awesome and I wonder what the plot will be.

Pokken is looking good and Darkrai and decideueye are pretty hype. DLC may happen to if it does well.

And the VC is also pretty good. Looking forward to hearing more on the former two at E3.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Our first Pokemon game on Switch is... a port of Pokken. Oh and here's UltraSun and UltraMoon on the 3ds

More Alola forms pls

Please point me to the Decidueye files on the Wii U version.

I was referring to the other characters announced, the ones who actually do have their files on the Wii U version. Look it up.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like we're getting a Pokken port for the Switch, and with Decidueye's inclusion, other generation 7 Pokemon now have a chance to be included. I also have a feeling there will be tons of people saying, "Decidueye is even more likely for Smash," after today's news.

And instead of a third version or sequel, we get Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the 3DS. However, judging by the fact they said it's "an alternate story," something tells me it's going to be the same plot as Sun and Moon but with Necrozma added to it. We'll just have to wait for more news to see what this "alternate story" really means.

I am loving the new battle animations for those games, and I'm curious to see how these games will expand Necrozma's lore. They also mentioned this game will include "Pokemon that weren't catchable in Sun and Moon." I'm hoping the Ralts evolution line is one of them AND they will be incorporated into a new Alola dex. Other than that, I'm not too hyped for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon just yet.

It also looks like DP remakes will definitely be pushed back to gen 8 at this point, assuming gen 7 ends next year.

Don't have much to say about Gold and Silver coming to the VC. Cool I guess, but I'm probably not buying them.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't get the disappointment. Pokken was alway gonna come tbh, and we get a new game. In my experience, the follow up games are alway better.

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, BW2 and *scene missing*.

Also, if you wanted remakes of DPP... just play DPP. I played it like a month ago. Games still hold up incredibly well.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I was referring to the other characters announced, the ones who actually do have their files on the Wii U version. Look it up.
That's why I only mentioned Decidueye. I'm more than aware of the other characters who are only playable in the arcade version.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If anything it seems more likely the Smash port comes this holiday now if that's still a thing.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yay for Pokken Switch, add that to my list of games to get for that.

Are Ultra Sun/Moon enhanced rereleases or true sequels? They weren't super clear on that point...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
I am also sure this might happen :
IMG_20170605_210108.jpg
I think Akko will be in an even worse moral when we see the next episode.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
For a 6 minute thing, I found it okay.

If I got Pokken on Wii U I might be underwhelmed. Not the biggest Sun/Moon fan either but another Pokemon game to play is many more hours of fun for me. Even if wild Pokemon calling for help pisses me off to no end.

I replaced the battery in my copy of Gold not too long ago and had a blast replaying it. I might get the VC release just because I adore Gen II so much and I feel more comfortable carrying my 3DS around than my GBC. Besides, Gold is currently sitting in a Transfer Pak to playthrough Pokemon Stadium 2.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yay for Pokken Switch, add that to my list of games to get for that.

Are Ultra Sun/Moon enhanced rereleases or true sequels? They weren't super clear on that point...
They said 'alternate stories' of Sun and Moon...so I take that as enhanced releases akin to Platinum, except now there's two versions this time...plus it looks like Sun and Moon (the protagonists) are the same as they were so that likely means they aren't sequels like B2W2 which had different protagonists to BW...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom