• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
That's why I only mentioned Decidueye. I'm more than aware of the other characters who are only playable in the arcade version.

Then it should be blatantly obvious Nintendo's holding back content to sell later, since they COULD have patched them in, but chose not to.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Decidueye baybeeeeee. Glad Pokken is coming to switch it's a great game. As expected no Sinnoh remakes, just more Ultra Ball Sun and Moon. Meh to GS Pokemon bc.

D

Deleted member

Overall, I give it an 8/10
Pokken and GS VC might not interest me but the former's trailer was pretty hype and the latter is a good option for those without HGSS who don't want to burn $50 or more into an used copy.
USUM are hype but I feel like too little info was given, still, the scenes they showed give me certainfy a lot will be changed
I just hope they change the region itself or otherwise I might not even bother. If it has new areas and changes like B2W2? Then count me in
Artwork for the boxart Pokémon

I swear if we still use the DNA Splicers to fuse them

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Can we take a moment of silence and express our sorrow for Pokemon X and Y? With today's news, the poor games are the only generation games that didn't get a third version or a sequel of some sort to redeem themselves for most Pokemon fans.

Last edited:
Not sure yet about getting Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon... I need to know how many differences there are to the originals.

Also, I'm incredibly disappointed if Pokken DX means Wii U version doesn't get the four additional characters. If that's the case, they really should've made it clear from the beginning.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm pretty sure we got to see the third lycanroc form:

It looks like midday but I don't think it is. The porportions are different:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We got Inverse Kyurem'd lmao

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The 3DS is dead, right guys? it sure is dead
I don't think ppl said the 3ds was dead, just that they were ready for it to die...

Decidueye baybeeeeee. Glad Pokken is coming to switch it's a great game. As expected no Sinnoh remakes, just more Ultra Ball Sun and Moon. Meh to GS Pokemon bc.
MEH TO YOU

G/S da best.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Pokken is the only thing that interests me at all. Ultra Sun/Moon should have been a dual release too. Sun/Moon ran so bad on the N3DS

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Then it should be blatantly obvious Nintendo's holding back content to sell later, since they COULD have patched them in, but chose not to.
Because it's a smarter decision.
They're not gonna support games on a dead platform like the Wii U anymore.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
And instead of a third version or sequel, we get Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the 3DS. However, judging by the fact they said it's "an alternate story," something tells me it's going to be the same plot as Sun and Moon but with Necrozma added to it. We'll just have to wait for more news to see what this "alternate story" really means.
If I could hazard a guess, it might be a bit like what the latest movie is doing, a similar plot point as the first game, but taken on a different direction, which means you might end up meeting different characters or doing trials differently and whatnot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Decidueye hype! :D So glad I didn't buy Pokken for Wii U.

Also lol at people saying Stars was fake. Just like Rainbow was fake, amirite? Stars was obviously the code name, like Niji.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ultra Moon
Ultra Sun

Bigger focus on Ultra Beasts
Culminating in Necro-Nebby.
I think it's time...
To go beyond.

PLUS, ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the Wii U shouldn't have died then.
Because it's a smarter decision.
They're not gonna support games on a dead platform like the Wii U anymore.

It's honestly hilarious to see people attempt to come up with excuse for Nintendo's bull****, while if any other company did this bull****, you'd probably hate them for it. Maybe pirating isn't such a bad idea after all...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I also have a feeling there will be tons of people saying, "Decidueye is even more likely for Smash," after today's news.
This.

Expect some discussion about that in Opossum's Decidueye thread.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also I'm not a fan of these fusions of Solgaleo and Lunala...They're both Majestic AF as they were but the black parts from Necrozma just looks way too awkward...

They look more like Digimon tbh
Says everyone when new pokemon are released....

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I would of liked Sinnoh too but Im not disappointed that it isnt
Let's not forget, it's barely a year after Pokemon Sun/Moon's release when Ultra Sun/Moon comes out. I actually had hope it comes to Switch rather 3DS, but that's just me.
Sorry that I'm pretty negative this time, I am going to treat most Nintendo's presentation on a strict standard this year. E3 2017 Nintendo spotlight is obviously no exception.
I mean we can be sure really Pokemon on Switch is gonna happen sooner or later, Mishihara does say Pokken DX their first title on Switch.
BTW, the trailer shows the main character in...Thailand I think? Or at least in Southeast Asia. That could also be hinting that Ultra Sun/Moon takes places in different region? That might be something.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
There's no excuse for Nintendo ditching those that supported them by buying their sinking ship.
If there's a port, the new content should be DLC, leaving the ports to pull in the majority that didn't buy the WiiU

Chrono.

The press release page for US/UM in TPCi mentions a Switch version of US/UM...

[thinking emoji]

EDIT: Aaaaand it's gone.

EDIT 2: Interestingly, the press release doesn't mention the console by name unlike the others. But I wouldn't put much thought into it.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pokemon came to DS when it was dead with B2W2

Now it's on 3ds with Sun2/Moon2.

Maybe history is repeating itself :p
Gen 8 releases for the Switch next, Pokemon DPP remakes after that?

. . .TBH that'd be my ideal scenario. I have more nostalgia for Gen 4 than most of the people begging for it probably do, but I want it treated RIGHT. I don't need it right now right this second now now now when I can have it later in HD with a team that's already had a game to practice with it. I'm willing to wait if the time is taken to make my dream game a dream come true. ~

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's honestly hilarious to see people attempt to come up with excuse for Nintendo's bull****, while if any other company did this bull****, you'd probably hate them for it. Maybe pirating isn't such a bad idea after all...
Call me when supporting a dead console turns out to actually be profitable.

There's no excuse for Nintendo ditching those that supported them by buying their sinking ship.
If you buy a sinking ship then that's on you.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
-I'm mixed on Pokken, I knew it'd be on the Switch so I wasn't surprised there, but I'm not particularly keen on them withholding the Arcade DLC from the Wii U version. Decidueye not being on there is fine (and I am happy to see it added), but the other four I feel should've been released for it since it's not like they were non-existent before now.
-UltraSun and UltraMoon seem like there going to be what B2W2 was originally going to be, two 'third versions' that had a duality with each other. It's still too early to tell, but we'll see where it goes. Also I do agree that I'm getting Zoid vibes out of the new Solgaleo and Lunala forms, which is expected since the designs have mecha elements to them.
-Yay for Gold and Silver on VC!

I'm pretty sure we got to see the third lycanroc form:

It looks like midday but I don't think it is. The porportions are different:
Looking at the trailer, if it's a new form there's not a lot of difference between the two. The legs, tail, and mane match Midday perfectly, but there is something on its head and behind the mane that's different. Plus if we take the scene before it as the one that's supposed to precede it, then the coloring of the Pokémon matches Midday as well.

So I'm wondering if Midday (and by connection, Midnight) are getting a form change in a similar manner to Solgaleo and Lunala. Their whole thing is that they absorb the power of one or the other to become their respective forms, so if Solgaleo and Lunala still have a role in the main game, then their influence shouldn't disappear, rather Necrozma should influence them on top of the two rather then replacing either. So we could have a form change for both that adds elements to their original design rather then a completely new form that's supposed to be an in-between of both.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If I were Nintendo, I wouldn't have even put Pokken (or TMS or Zelda or Star Fox) on the Wii U at all. I would have saved them for the Switch launch

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if the Japan Crystal's Pokémon Mobile System GB features had any part of no Crystal Version for Virtual Console...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Necrozma: "My true form is a badass prism dragon"
Nebby: "Nah, you're my armor, *****"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sigh, I just knew this would end up with "It's ok when Nintendo does it".

It might have been the smarter decision but that doesn't necessarily make it the nicest decision. There's fanboyish defending and then there's just pointing out reality. Yeah the arcade characters probably should have been added to the Wii U version but making it exclusive content on an upgraded version on a new console is what's gonna drive money, especially since the Switch is on track to do better than the Wii U.

If it was me, I would have at least the added the arcade characters to the Wii U version. Yeah what's happening is grimey , I'm not saying it's ok, maybe justified from a business perspective but it still sucks. There's no free pass here because it's Nintendo but when someone says it's the smarter choice, it really is.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Just caught up on the Pokemon news. Considering I had not expectations, I'd say it's a pretty pleasant surprise. Of cousre the hi-light for me is Ultra Su/Mo. I loved SuMo and am excited to see how they directly follow it up. No Swtich is version is kinda weak, but they must have had this in pipeline before they went all in on the Switch. Not to mention the established install base. Gen 2 on the VC also appeals to me for the nostalgia I have for those games. I'm not super into Pokken at all, but the new port/upgrade must a godsend to fans and the scene that's around. I'm happy for them. Considering I went in with an empty set of expectations, I'd say this was a nice set of announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom