• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

At least Boston learned something; not max Isaiah Thomas next season. :v

CLE/GSW again is kinda interesting, as they're 1-1 in the Finals, making this one very decisive.
LeBron has the strong mentality but Durant has the hunger for a ring to the point he can be unstoppble and the factor of this series.
I see the Cavs getting "out-superteamed" in 6.
So what you're saying is NBA is anime right now.
Really?

I quite dig the vocals.

Though the do show up everywhere.
Yeah I get that, it's just not my taste. There's also how most of the themes seem to be variations of the main theme and I can see that getting really repetitive for me later on (something that also bothered me with a lot of Brawl/Smash 4 original songs).

But I'm just nitpicking at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I just got a job. I am hoping to start work soon so that I can save up for a Switch and possibly have it before the fall semester begins (and I'll certainly have it before this year is over). Great to not be unemployed, even if the work is only part-time. Now to figure out what I will be getting with a Switch.

Also I would like to ask, if we have a blog, are we allowed to link here?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I just got a job. I am hoping to start work soon so that I can save up for a Switch and possibly have it before the fall semester begins (and I'll certainly have it before this year is over). Great to not be unemployed, even if the work is only part-time. Now to figure out what I will be getting with a Switch.

Also I would like to ask, if we have a blog, are we allowed to link here?
Where are you working, bud?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what you're saying is NBA is anime right now.

Yeah I get that, it's just not my taste. There's also how most of the themes seem to be variations of the main theme and I can see that getting really repetitive for me later on (something that also bothered me with a lot of Brawl/Smash 4 original songs).

But I'm just nitpicking at this point.
Nah, it's just that anime is basically wrestling. Comic books too. And every other sport is basically becoming wrestling at this point.

I mean, from Mayweather spending thousands of dollars at the stripclub to deflategate, it all feels like wrestling plots.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Chrono.

Speaking of leaks, that huge MvCI/SFV one from yesterday is very likely fake.

Ryce (the 28 roster leaker) called Riku (the SSFV/MvCI leaker) out and said this on his Gamefaqs account.

There's more but it's been scattered around on threads that mods have taken care of so it's kinda hard to get the full picture.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I won't do it tonight.

But you guys want another Hunger Games tomorrow?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
ok...first match a 2v2 and my teammate disconnects...

starting the day with a 1v2...lovely...

made it last though, but damn man...

dezeray112

Smash Hero
In regards to the MvC:I character roster leak, I'm probably going to end up in the minority either ways but I too was pretty disappointed but I do actually like the newcomer choices for some odd reason and I am eager to see what they play like.

Considering that the roster leak is hot news, I am very certain that a lot of people will want to ask Mike Evans and Combofiend will that question during E3.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That was fun...

Had a hype comeback in a 2v2 when my partner was knocked out first....

Kind of sucked I only got two games of Hoops, one of which my opponent disconnected so technically only one...

The Hedlock matches are kind of easy if your teammates aren't useless...if you grab it a lot and use fire Arms (lel), it's pretty easy to take care of...

D

Deleted member

Only has 19 levels to make use of them though, unless you keep a fork for him.

Edit: At least he's not Clive or Mycen, though!
Technically 17 because he starts at Lv3
Still, he's, like, one or two points behind her in everything, some levels will be enough for him to catch up
Meanwhile, Forsyth is just a tank on wheels with immense firepower. Knight bases go a long way.

Though actually, he's getting one of the Forks for the postgame, the first was used for reclassing Forsyth into a Cav and the last will probably go for either Tobin or Leon.
Iunno.

View attachment 130299

Mouth looks off to me for some reason. Can't describe it as other than either it's a little too quadrilateral, or it isn't smoothly delineated where it meets his cheek, and maybe both. Makes it hard to tell where mouth ends and cheek begins, I guess; makes it look elongated in an uncanny valley way.

Really cool concept though. I'd play it.

Not really.

Without larger ties to other games in the franchise (other than the Awakening kids) It wasn't really necessary for the story per se. Less detail then gives IS more flexibility if and when they decide to reference Fates in the future.
No game started with ties to previous games, Jugdral and Elibe were named despite having no connection to Archanea.
Then there's Magvel who is currently the only game who doesn't tie to another game in any way, shape or form.

All they needed was an ooening that helped with the worldbuilding but instead we get a dream vision of Ch6 which really doesn't serve any sort of purpose.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Darkstalkers poll was off to a good start when it sparked so much activity. Morrigan had won naturally because she's the face of the franchise with Felcia being half as popular as her. Of the two mean, Donovan had eclipsed Dimitri (probably because of his Midnight Bliss seeming like a nightmare to animate).

But that's not all, there's more to come. For a fighting game franchise, there are a ton of unique and weird creatures of the night from Darkstalkers to pick from. Your choices are Hsien-Ko, Jon Talbain, Anakaris, and Lord Raptor.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Let's get ready to rock!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
ARMS's soundtrack seems nice enough (like it way more than Splatoon's), but man, that vocalist that shows up in a couple songs (and the main theme) is more annoying than anything else.

Min Min's theme is pretty cool though.
I found Splatoon's lyric slightly more annoying though, but they have more better music compare to ARMS.
Ribbon Girl's theme was also good too, Mechanica's is meh.

D

Deleted member

Gold Knight comparison

I'm honestly tempted to say Mathilda is my second favorite Cavalier in the series, I just love her design.

I call him "Knight bases"
The sad part is that from Villager to Gold Knight he got only 5 Def points. Still, he's the bulkiest on Alm's team and that HP is certainly getting maxed.

These are still his bases and damn good ones, he's one point behind in Str and Def and I'm pretty sure his Spd will catch up with those growths. And yeah, he's my favorite Cav, I like blondes.

Press F to Pay Respects.
Remember when I said I like blondes? Not Clive. Clive sucks.
He can be useful until you get Mathilda but once you get good Cavs you'll see how he falls behind.
A-at least h-he has higher Lck than Z-Zeke, r-right?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No game started with ties to previous games, Jugdral and Elibe were named despite having no connection to Archanea.
Jugdral does actually have some connection to Archanea, but it's mostly in backstory.

All of the Kaga games have connections to each other. Hell, Kaga even wanted TRS to be set in the same universe and have pretty blatant connections, right down to some Archanea characters appearing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Darkstalkers poll was off to a good start when it sparked so much activity. Morrigan had won naturally because she's the face of the franchise with Felcia being half as popular as her. Of the two mean, Donovan had eclipsed Dimitri (probably because of his Midnight Bliss seeming like a nightmare to animate).

But that's not all, there's more to come. For a fighting game franchise, there are a ton of unique and weird creatures of the night from Darkstalkers to pick from. Your choices are Hsien-Ko, Jon Talbain, Anakaris, and Lord Raptor.

Let's get ready to rock!
Voting for the best jiang-shi girl.

But something tells me the Jon and Raptor fanboys will come out of the wood works.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Voting for the best jiang-shi girl.

But something tells me the Jon and Raptor fanboys will come out of the wood works.
Give it some time. They will come.

Unless they are night owls.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh wow, just found something out about Echoes that I never noticed.

There is a Secret Shrine to the east of Rigel Falls. It doesn't have a spot on the map or a line path, but if you press right on Rigel Falls you will go to it. Apparently has a third revival spring, bringing the total revives to nine. You can apparently get Duma Moss there too which was how I found out about it since I need one.

Gonna explore it now.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Did anyone else see this in regard to the remaining characters of SFV's Second season?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...bs-user-who-correctly-predicted-akuma-and-ed/
I have a feeling that Fortune Teller girl might be Rose's apprentice. The way she imitated her master in that one scene gave me that vibe. I also think Fortune Teller girl could be playable in the future. She is pretty cute too, the leaker wasn't lying.

Ed's story though... definitely one of my favorites out of all the characters thus far from what I've seen. Couldn't help but feel bad for both him and Balrog in that one scene.

Something tells me that Ed will become Bison's new host if that ending is anything to go by.

D

Deleted member

Where are you working, bud?
I got a job at the library. I am still waiting for them to start training me (the hiring process is slow) but at least I can begin to earn money, which in the end is important.
Holy ****! I just sold my old Wii for $100!

I DID IT! I DID IT! I SOLD THE WII!
That is pretty surprising but are you sure it was just the Wii or did you sell other games with it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I also found Min min's theme.
I already love her theme, so I already download this music. I just love Chinese vibe of this theme.

You mean the Celtics? Yeah, I remember they were the No.1 seed, a bummer that they didn't win.
My fav Spurs didn't either...
My fave theme is Mechanica's:
Why is everything Nintendo does Mechanica related makes me love her character even more?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
so i just found out that my 3D model was very useful at helping me making sprites

creating this was easier than what i expected

i think i can make a whole smash bros moveset sprites for him

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
so i just found out that my 3D model was very useful at helping me making sprites

creating this was easier than what i expected

i think i can make a whole smash bros moveset sprites for him
Looks good.

Just like the original sprite.

D

Deleted member

Swamps of Duma spoilers
There IS Special dialogue holy **** this is so hype

Hope Clive has something with Fernand later
Jugdral does actually have some connection to Archanea, but it's mostly in backstory.

All of the Kaga games have connections to each other. Hell, Kaga even wanted TRS to be set in the same universe and have pretty blatant connections, right down to some Archanea characters appearing.
I'n pretty sure that Archanea and Jugdral being in the same world was a retcon later on though.
The point is, when Jugdral was created, they didn't think of it as connected to Archanea.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I hate playing games with a headset but I got 2 games that talking with your team is pivotal so a headset I got.

D

Deleted member

Still Swamps of Duma spoilers
So, am I supposed to be able to defeat Jedah here? I really want that Dracoshield but he just retreated on Turn 6

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Let's get ready to rock!
Oh, that's just not fair. Those characters are all amazing. Mostly cause of the cartoon in some cases(Anakaris especially). Gotta stick with my favorite, Lord Raptor, though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Still Swamps of Duma spoilers
So, am I supposed to be able to defeat Jedah here? I really want that Dracoshield but he just retreated on Turn 6

Not really. I'm not sure of the specifics, but I think you can only attack Jedah once every four turns (i.e. on turns 4, 8, 12, etc., one character can attack him before he goes back to nullifying all attacks against him); with his already high defence combined with the Dracoshield, you'd need some seriously high damage output, combined with a critical hit or two, to stand any chance of beating him. Might be possible if Celica was Atk-blessed and landed a crit with Ragnarok Omega, but I never tried it.

D

Deleted member

Not really. I'm not sure of the specifics, but I think you can only attack Jedah once every four turns (i.e. on turns 4, 8, 12, etc., one character can attack him before he goes back to nullifying all attacks against him); with his already high defence combined with the Dracoshield, you'd need some seriously high damage output, combined with a critical hit or two, to stand any chance of beating him. Might be possible if Celica was Atk-blessed and landed a crit with Ragnarok Omega, but I never tried it.
It's different from Gaiden, now it's every fourth attack(doubles do not count)
With his 3 Rng spell, only Leon and a Mage Ring unit can attack him safely but still, my DFs are dealing chip damage. Hell, even Valbar is dealing chip damage.
And with his 5 HP recovery, I'm pretty sure it's impossible unless you've REALLY grinded

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'n pretty sure that Archanea and Jugdral being in the same world was a retcon later on though.
The point is, when Jugdral was created, they didn't think of it as connected to Archanea.

Nope, the connection was there since FE4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom