• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
apparantly they made it so you have to actually work to get pelinar by progressing through the game and passing bills so shes more of a reward for hard work as opposed to being a dlc character who just shows up
oh so thats what that Become friendly with Pleinar Bill is for I think, thanks for that

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
looking it up you need to pass 3 bills thats the first one
hm, I only passed 2 and then gat her DLC

I passed The first one, then bassed "Become battle buddies with..." and then she showed up in the special contents. Thanks for telling me about that. I was wondering how you get her

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Game Informer interviewed the ARMS creators
  • No connections to Punch-Out!! or boxing in general
  • Some explanations to the lore
  • Mario Kart Wii's & MK8's motion controls helped them in ARMS
  • Enjoys the tons of fan art
  • Surprised (yet happy) by the huge amount of Twintelle reactions. Gee, I wonder why? :smirk:
  • ARMS & One Piece are different worlds so Luffy isn't likely
  • Being quiet on the future content details
Reminder that next Global Testpunch is less than an hour away

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The best part of the NBA Finals are not the games, but the dank stuff it comes from it.

Warriors in 6, I guess.
That's probably my one of my favorite hyper combos now.

I can't wait for the new IP "God of W"

In all seriousness they'd better show God of War footage that actually looks like a God of War title though

Yeah, tell me about it. As of right now, it's currently looking like hot garbage to me. Like it's trying to be the Last of Us instead of being what it always was, y'know?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I have to be supportive of this, because, hey, its Animaniacs, but I'm not expecting this to go well.

If I have to add this to childhood cartoons rebooted to a new grave, I'll be truly disappointed.

But I'll be strong for now. :drflip:
The ONLY reason I'm keeping hope for this is because:

1. It's ANIMANIACS. In this day and age, I'd think they'd be MORE ENCOURAGED than ever before to get away with the shade they occasionally throw at politics, pop culture, innuendo, etc. Especially considering that many an animated series are doing similar things these days. Mostly Adventure Time, Regular Show, Clarence, The Loud House, Gravity Falls, and Star vs. the Forces of Evil just to name a few off the top of my head.

2. Steven Spielberg (and reportedly, the ENTIRE (or at the very least, the MAJORITY) of the original Animaniacs staff that worked on the show from 1993 to 2000) is/are confirmed to be working/heading the entire project.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Although I've beaten Thabes' Labyrinth, I'm still playing my original Echoes file to do side quests and get Awards, and seeing my characters still grow is pretty fun.

Clair makes my first character to reach 200 in Rating.

WVW69kXfCMAnfMYThS.jpg

"Oh, riveting! Like a Valkyrie descended!"

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Somebody made the Sigma theme from Mega Man X8, but in the SNES style. I think it works really well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone a fan of the flash?

How come sometimes when he runs really fast he travels in time, and sometimes he stays in the same time but he ages super fast?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
stars playing arms as twintelle ya this is fun i wonder if they added anything els
OOOOOOH

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kept my Speed Ring on Delthea to fix her frailty issues. Made her a bit of a dodge tank, not dissimilar to Ryoma in Fates.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's that time of the month again. I'm officially done with Konami as far as these Smash polls go. So I'm asking for your opinions on where should I do next with this 2 hour long poll. In addition to the contenders from the last one (Square, Namco, and Capcom), I'd adding Activision in case people want me to get to franchises like Crash Bandicoot and Call of Duty out of the way.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Pick wisely. You have a good amount of time to choose.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's that time of the month again. I'm officially done with Konami as far as these Smash polls go. So I'm asking for your opinions on where should I do next with this 2 hour long poll. In addition to the contenders from the last one (Square, Namco, and Capcom), I'd adding Activision in case people want me to get to franchises like Crash Bandicoot and Call of Duty out of the way.

Pick wisely. You have a good amount of time to choose.
Voted for Namco. I'm in a Tales and Tekken mood tbh.

But something tells me Capcom is going to destroy everyone right now.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Voted for Namco. I'm in a Tales and Tekken mood tbh.

But something tells me Capcom is going to destroy everyone right now.
Hey, at least this will be just in time for E3 where we will inevitably see if a certain Mahvel leak is real or not.

But hey, whatever makes my job easier.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I played a match of hoops in Arms. Neither of us got any points. We kept going for grabs at the same time so they kept getting negated.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have spent the last two weeks trying to obtain two particular pieces of gear- wand and orb- on D3.

Two weeks.

The madness is slipping in.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
How come in Renegade Roundup when I get the most people when we lose I lose the most points?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Got to play a full round of the Arms Testpunch. I went for the Pro Controller this time around, and I can honestly say I definitely like this control scheme more than the motion controls. Much easier to move around and deliver some punches. Guarding will take some getting used to though since you have to click the left control stick in order to pull it off.

I didn't manage to win a single basketball match, even though I tried strategies such as repeatedly punching until I found an opening for a grab. The 2 v 2 was pretty chaotic, and so was the Hedlock battle. One-on-ones is definitely where I do best.

Character-wise, I tried Ninjara, Min Min, Twintella, and Spring Man. Of the four, I'm definitely liking Ninjara the most. The Chakram and Rocket Arm combination has been really effective and most comfortable for me to use.

As for Hedlock, I can already imagine the perfect Smash Bros story scenario if we get an Arms character and a Story Mode in the next Smash:

You know how Hedlock latches onto another character, right? Well, at some point in the story, the Arms rep gets possessed by Hedlock, and that triggers your boss battle against it!

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
>Spends 60 orbs trying to get a Celica.

>Gets Genny on last summoning session.

>Grinds out 20 orbs for Bridal Blessings focus summon

>Gets Bridal Cordelia on the third try, with 3.00% 5* focus rate.

I don't get this game sometimes

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
>Spends 60 orbs trying to get a Celica.

>Gets Genny on last summoning session.

>Grinds out 20 orbs for Bridal Blessings focus summon

>Gets Bridal Cordelia on the third try, with 3.00% 5* focus rate.

I don't get this game sometimes
You did get some nice pulls though. Genny has Wrathfull Staff, which allows a staff user to hit at full power and not half like they usually do. Bridal Cordelia is arguably the best Archer in the game right now because of her blistering high Attack and Speed stats. She also comes with a bow that grants allies within 2 spaces +2 Def and Res, and she has a Rally that boosts both Attack and Speed on a single ally.

D

Deleted member

*screams in Archanean*
Best Cavalier gotten

Only one unit remaining now
My issue with Cantors is less about them being challenging and more about them being a lazy way of adding artificial challenge that makes some maps a slog.

Expel is there and normally it does it's job but sometimes it just hates me. I mentioned that I let Leon die on the Temple of Mila map and had to accept that and revive him later, and bad RNG, specifically with Expel, was the main reason why (I also admittedly wasted turnwheel uses on "input mistakes", something that happens to me more than I would like to admit). Though some of the Cantors later on do pose a legitimate threat. Witch Cantors in particular are literally combining the two worst aspects of Echoes' gameplay.

I realise that the idea behind Cantors is that they are attempting to fix the issue of reinforcements appearing in annoying locations that you can't see coming on your first playthrough, which was how it worked in Fates. The existence of the Cantor means you know where enemies will spawn at all times. But it still doesn't fix the main issue with reinforcements, which is throwing tons of the same enemy at you to slow you down, which makes maps more tedious than they ought to be, plus the amount they spawn is random from one to nine, which means there is a luck factor to it.

Then Witch Cantors exist who summon witches which then appear in completely random locations, making it even worse than Fates.

IMO reinforcements in Fire Emblem should be handled by always giving you a way to block them off. Expel sort of does this in the context of the Echoes formula but it's still RNG based. What I have in mind is stuff you can prepare for and where there is no RNG, like a distinct chokepoint you can block off (Fates had this on occasion) or traps you can utilise. For example, what if there was a pathway for a bunch of reinforcements to come in, but a ledge above it with a log pile. If you can get one of your units up to the log pile in time, they can knock it down on top of the enemy reinforcements below. Or how about a "Demo-man" type of class that can set explosives of different types on the map, allowing them to have a defense ready for reinforcements that come from behind? Maybe even allow archers to be able to then set off set explosives from a distance?

That kind of spun off into me dropping ideas for the next Fire Emblem game, but the main point is that Cantors are mostly just a cheap and annoying way of handling reinforcements, rather than an actual challenge that's taxing and tests your strategic prowess.
I don't feel like the challenge it adds is artificial.
It's basically a way to make you rush and not turtle by having a "seize" point to stop reinforcements, in this case, however, the "seize point" is an enemy.

Cantors aren't a way to "fix" anything, they were already like that in Gaiden and adding other ckasses and gameplay elements are a bit excessive for a remake.

Also, summons are hardly ever a threat, Revenants are a joke and Gargoyles are fast but weak, both are ever going to do more than chip damage.
Witches are easy to deal with once you understand their AI, they'll only ever teleport to a space where they can use all of their Mov(and they will) and only be in range of units at their maximum attack range.
Necrodragons appear once and by that time you should have Expel and Seraphim to deal with them. Turnwheel is there for faulty RNG.

Honestly, killing Cantors is actually pretty fun to me.
Like slowly picking off units inside Nuibaba's Mansion and using Hit and Run strats to kill the Cantor in there.

Now, you wanna know what's really bull****? Full-map damaging spells
That is something you simply can't avoid or stop until you reach the boss.
Thankfully, it doesn't seem like it'll be happening often.
It's actually nerfed compared to the original, where it gave maxed speed and +5 mov.
Well, that's for the best, I suppose
We don't need 40 Spd and 9 Mov Kliff running around at the speed of sound with Excalibur

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Back from work, I actually managed to sneak away and log about 20mins of Arms and...

WTF WAS THAT I JUST FOUGHT!?!?

Either way, Twintelle's actually pretty decent, you can dash in any direction after using her mid-air time stop which gives her some decent mix-ups...I also liked her blue-haired alt...though the Pink and Purple wasn't bad either...

Also got a match in the Skillshot, which was pretty fun, but it feels like something that could lose its luster after a while...No Hoops matches in the time I played unfortunately...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Capcom is faring very well. It must be the Marvel vs Capcom hype.

But Namco Bandai isn't giving up without a fight. Only one hour left.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Capcom is faring very well. It must be the Marvel vs Capcom hype.

But Namco Bandai isn't giving up without a fight. Only one hour left.
Personally, I voted for Capcom because there's a lot of great franchises to work with that could provide interesting characters. Aside from Mega Man and Street Fighter, there's Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Final Fight, Strider, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Ghosts 'n' Goblins, God Hand, Phoenix Wright... I could go on and on.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
*screams in Archanean*
Best Cavalier gotten

Only one unit remaining now
That's not Mathilda
Well, that's for the best, I suppose
We don't need 40 Spd and 9 Mov Kliff running around at the speed of sound with Excalibur

>Giving the speed ring to anyone but Delthea

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You did get some nice pulls though. Genny has Wrathfull Staff, which allows a staff user to hit at full power and not half like they usually do. Bridal Cordelia is arguably the best Archer in the game right now because of her blistering high Attack and Speed stats. She also comes with a bow that grants allies within 2 spaces +2 Def and Res, and she has a Rally that boosts both Attack and Speed on a single ally.
I'm thinking of putting Wrathful Staff on Lucius or putting Pain on Genny... Still deciding tbh.

Neither of them having what I'm looking for natively, so I'm going to have to trade out one for another when I do the whole inheriting thing.

D

Deleted member

That's not Mathilda

>Giving the speed ring to anyone but Delthea
Mathilda may have higher stats as of now but she isn't as pretty.
And have you SEEN his growths?

Delthea is taking care of the Magic Ring for now, though I'm on the fence on who to keep which, she's made of paper tissue so it's best that she snipes from the distance. Kliff needs to keep up with the frontlines and the +10 ensures Excalibur doubles

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And now Capcom and Namco are completely tied.

Sigh, time to play Eenie Meenie Minie Mo again.

Always making things so difficult.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Mathilda may have higher stats as of now but she isn't as pretty.
And have you SEEN his growths?
Only has 19 levels to make use of them though, unless you keep a fork for him.

Edit: At least he's not Clive or Mycen, though!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm thinking of putting Wrathful Staff on Lucius or putting Pain on Genny... Still deciding tbh.

Neither of them having what I'm looking for natively, so I'm going to have to trade out one for another when I do the whole inheriting thing.
Some other Staffs you could use with Genny are Gravity and Absorb. Gravity, when combined with a unit with either Reposition or Draw Back, can practically kite Melee units. Absorb works well with Genny's High ATK, combined with the fact that some of the more common units have low RES or have high RES, but are Magic users, who do less thanks to Genny's high RES. With Absorb, Genny can deal a good hit and get quite a bit of HP back.
Either way, Genny with a neutral or +ATK boost with either Gravity or Absorb will still deal damage to any unboosted character. She even has enough ATK to damage an unboosted/non+RES Wrys.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
After enough hand picking, Capcom officially won. Sorry Namco and Square fans, juts have to wait a bit longer. There's a gold mine of Smash worthy series under their belt, so I'll personally find this fun.

After doing Street Fighter and Mega Man not too long ago, why not start with another fan favorite fighting game series Capcom is known for that makes its way in plenty of crossovers. Because it's nighttime where I am, the Darkstalkers poll has no other fitting time to start. Your choices are Morrigan Aensland, Dimitri Maximoff, Felicia, and Donovan Baine. That leaves most of the main characters and the rest of the roster to explore for tomorrow.

Happy voting and thanks for participating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom