• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I found out that "Weird Al" Yankovic did the theme song for Captain Underpants.

Couldn't think of a better person for the job. Hopefully I can see the movie tomorrow.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I knew the Parodious poll would be a bit unpopular, although Tako still took the win. What can get cuter than an octopus that can shoot giant bunny girls with planet busting star beams. Still wish we can get a new game.

Anyways, next is another smaller franchise that is unique as an all female wrestling game. It's not only violent as Dead or Alive, but but just as unrealistic with things like ninjutsu and artificial beings. Your choices are Reiko Hoshimoto, Benikage, Dixie Clemets, and Makoto Aihara. After this, that's all for Konami and time to move on to another company. So you all know what happens next.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Have KOF, Tekken and Injustice and couldn't care less about Guilty Gear
If you're burning to buy SFV, than go ahead. To be frank, even ignoring the mechanics, the product is just pretty poor all around. Maybe SFV will become a better game as times goes on with some updates, but I can't recommend the game as is.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you're burning to buy SFV, than go ahead. To be frank, even ignoring the mechanics, the product is just pretty poor all around. Maybe SFV will become a better game as times goes on with some updates, but I can't recommend the game as is.
Kind of curious.

Aside from Arcade mode.

How would updates improve it?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That Killia guy has died in every fight I've done so far. lol

Thank god for Metallia, i think her name is.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Kind of curious.

Aside from Arcade mode.

The online infrastructure is really poor, so that's something that can fixed. There's plenty of story about SFV's poor implentation of it's rollback netcode. The lobbies system can also be worked on too. GG XRD has an fantastic all-play style lobby that should be standard at this point.

Other things include some more fun sp modes like an Alpha 3 style world tour mode, better ways to earn fight money awards, more comprehensive teaching tools, and other certain quality of life features. Second player still can't select to rematch in local play, even after all the thumbs up jokes and what not.

Putting the play of SFV aside (cause that's a whole other can of worms really), it's just a really shoddy product. Other games that came before and after have done more for their customers in terms of features and value. The negativity surrounding MvCI is pretty well earned at this point, considering the poor handling of SFV. Here's to hoping the best for that game (it really needs it if going by the direction Capcom is going).

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I do hope SFV does get better because i am starting to get into it more competitively but the current state of it is pretty bad. I like it a lot but there some improvements to be made.

EDIT: Akuma is a ton of fun to play btw :denzel:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That Killia guy has died in every fight I've done so far. lol

Thank god for Metallia, i think her name is.
Killia's basically the only unit I have worth using, LOL.

Although that's probably because most of the time aside from having a healer or two I ONLY use him.

Aah, complacent gaming.

. . .I do kinda want to balance it out slightly. I want to have fun with it, though. Use flashy things. A dragon's good, right?

Of course, since I finally got around to clearing the DLC maps, maybe I should try something else. . .

I wanna see how many times I can make Lovecraft spin in his grave. Maybe we can dig to China!

*EDIT* How can we use Lovecraft spinning in his grave to dig to China when it's geographically impossible? Uh. . .alien geometries.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I haven't been paying attention to Season 2, but from the looks of it I hear that most of the changes kill defensive options and reward aggression.

People don't seem to like this.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Kind of curious.

Aside from Arcade mode.

Believe I've posted it before, but it's relevant. Even though it's about reducing the skill gap in fighting games overall, a lot of it has to do with how SFV reduced it
A lot of issues with SFV isn't just about the lack of modes/features, but the actual gameplay itself.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just a heads up for Echoes players going for the Awards in the game like me.

One of the Awards, simply called "Fire Emblem", simply describes it's condition as "Awarded for becoming one truly fit to be called a ruler". On Serenes Forest, they say the actual condition is to clear Hard Classic with no casualties.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw this because I let Leon die at the Temple of Mila Battle, but I revived him straight after. So I was worried I didn't get the award.

I checked my Awards list (aiming to get all of them) and luckily I still have that Award.

So you can afford to have 6 units die in your Classic run should it come to that and still get the Award as long as you revive before end game and don't let them die during end game.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so if that rumor about super street fighter 5 is true then ya id probobly buy the game on the cheap because A the roster has a large enough mix of old and new, b theres enought modes to let me earn fight money and c Q being in a new game...i dont think i need to explain why thats awesome

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Killia's basically the only unit I have worth using, LOL.

Although that's probably because most of the time aside from having a healer or two I ONLY use him.

Aah, complacent gaming.

. . .I do kinda want to balance it out slightly. I want to have fun with it, though. Use flashy things. A dragon's good, right?

Of course, since I finally got around to clearing the DLC maps, maybe I should try something else. . .

I wanna see how many times I can make Lovecraft spin in his grave. Maybe we can dig to China!

*EDIT* How can we use Lovecraft spinning in his grave to dig to China when it's geographically impossible? Uh. . .alien geometries.
Killia is my only unit under level 5.

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo how do I raise the ranks for classes?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
All this Disgaea talk is making me want to hook up my PS4 and play. Never actually got around to finishing the game

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo how do I raise the ranks for classes?
just keep fighting with them. They gain class ranks when they fight but if you wanna, you could make a main character, say Metallia, and lvl them up by changing the subclass from the assymbaly when that unlocks. Then when that class maxes ( which will yake a while on the last star) you change it to the next one you want to level.

Its easyer to look up a guide, I forgot which one I used

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
just keep fighting with them. They gain class ranks when they fight but if you wanna, you could make a main character, say Metallia, and lvl them up by changing the subclass from the assymbaly when that unlocks. Then when that class maxes ( which will yake a while on the last star) you change it to the next one you want to level.

Its easyer to look up a guide, I forgot which one I used
How long does it take to get up a rank?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I keep seeing people mentioning Metallia here and I keep thinking you guys are talking about Metallica....

D

Deleted member

I'm currently on Nuibaba's Mansion in Alm's route and on the Sage's Hamlet in Celica's.

I... think I might literally be the only one who doesn't have a problem with Cantors. Sure they don't stop summoning stuff but they're easily dispatchable as they only come every other turn.
I think this might have to do with others' playstyles, as I favor Player Phase combat more and always try to move forward as much as possible, and Mila's Turnwheel makes it easier to take risks. Killing the Summoner or Expelling the Terrors are solutions that become easier with the time.
Hell, not even the one with the Necrodragon Cantor was a big issue because I just had Genny Expel them, if the Expel misses, I can just rewind and try again.

If not that, either I'm more used to bull**** or everyone else is just a whiny baby who needs to git gud.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm currently on Nuibaba's Mansion in Alm's route and on the Sage's Hamlet in Celica's.

I... think I might literally be the only one who doesn't have a problem with Cantors. Sure they don't stop summoning stuff but they're easily dispatchable as they only come every other turn.
I think this might have to do with others' playstyles, as I favor Player Phase combat more and always try to move forward as much as possible, and Mila's Turnwheel makes it easier to take risks. Killing the Summoner or Expelling the Terrors are solutions that become easier with the time.
Hell, not even the one with the Necrodragon Cantor was a big issue because I just had Genny Expel them, if the Expel misses, I can just rewind and try again.

If not that, either I'm more used to bull**** or everyone else is just a whiny baby who needs to git gud.

I had a problem with them until my Est, Catria and Palla became overpowered kill machines.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Yeah, but I already have it on PS4 with all the DLC. The only advantage the Switch version has for me is that it's portable
and you can use it to **** post on twitter via screenshots with text overlay and dont lie the team attacks can really alow for some quality **** posts (like say the one where a character rides another character like a surf board while diving out of the sky into an enemy)

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
DLC I already paid for on PS4. Unless there's some extra stuff, the only advantage the Switch version has for me in particular is portability
apparantly they made it so you have to actually work to get pelinar by progressing through the game and passing bills so shes more of a reward for hard work as opposed to being a dlc character who just shows up

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Well, good to know I'm not the only one who isn't through the game already. I just cleared out Fear Mountain Shrine last night.

Not sure if this game is easier than past ones, if I've gotten better since Fates, or if my default tactics just work better here...

D

Deleted member

>Speed Ring
>+1 Mov
>+10 Spd
YO WHAT THE ****
KLIFF IS GETTING THAT **** RIGHT NOW
I had a problem with them until my Est, Catria and Palla became overpowered kill machines.
I wish I could know when that happens
Well, good to know I'm not the only one who isn't through the game already. I just cleared out Fear Mountain Shrine last night.

Not sure if this game is easier than past ones, if I've gotten better since Fates, or if my default tactics just work better here...
Yeah, I'm also finding this game way easier than past titles but maybe it's because of the Mila's Turnwheel
I've got a whole bunch of deaths that would have meant a restart previously but now it's just a turn's away. The only Game Over I got was just now on Fear Mountain Shrine.

Still, I like how unit positioning is more important than ever in this game.
And the fact the game favors Player Phase over Enemy Phase.
The game is easy but I still have to think carefully and plan ahead.

I don't think I'll ever be able to play a new FE game without a mechanic like MT tbh, it just saves so much of the frustration.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I get to see Wonder Woman for free tonight! WOOP WOOP WOOP!

Also, I didn't notice this until TVT pointed it out, but David Thewlis is the second actor who played one of the Maruaders in the Harry Potter movies to be in a DC one as well, the other of course being Gary Oldman. Legit wouldn't be surprised if Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew's actor) was announced for a DC movie, there's actually a couple villains he'd be really good at there (Desaad, Doctor Psycho, The Toyman, The Penguin, etc.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

My issue with Cantors is less about them being challenging and more about them being a lazy way of adding artificial challenge that makes some maps a slog.

Expel is there and normally it does it's job but sometimes it just hates me. I mentioned that I let Leon die on the Temple of Mila map and had to accept that and revive him later, and bad RNG, specifically with Expel, was the main reason why (I also admittedly wasted turnwheel uses on "input mistakes", something that happens to me more than I would like to admit). Though some of the Cantors later on do pose a legitimate threat. Witch Cantors in particular are literally combining the two worst aspects of Echoes' gameplay.

I realise that the idea behind Cantors is that they are attempting to fix the issue of reinforcements appearing in annoying locations that you can't see coming on your first playthrough, which was how it worked in Fates. The existence of the Cantor means you know where enemies will spawn at all times. But it still doesn't fix the main issue with reinforcements, which is throwing tons of the same enemy at you to slow you down, which makes maps more tedious than they ought to be, plus the amount they spawn is random from one to nine, which means there is a luck factor to it.

Then Witch Cantors exist who summon witches which then appear in completely random locations, making it even worse than Fates.

IMO reinforcements in Fire Emblem should be handled by always giving you a way to block them off. Expel sort of does this in the context of the Echoes formula but it's still RNG based. What I have in mind is stuff you can prepare for and where there is no RNG, like a distinct chokepoint you can block off (Fates had this on occasion) or traps you can utilise. For example, what if there was a pathway for a bunch of reinforcements to come in, but a ledge above it with a log pile. If you can get one of your units up to the log pile in time, they can knock it down on top of the enemy reinforcements below. Or how about a "Demo-man" type of class that can set explosives of different types on the map, allowing them to have a defense ready for reinforcements that come from behind? Maybe even allow archers to be able to then set off set explosives from a distance?

That kind of spun off into me dropping ideas for the next Fire Emblem game, but the main point is that Cantors are mostly just a cheap and annoying way of handling reinforcements, rather than an actual challenge that's taxing and tests your strategic prowess.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
apparantly they made it so you have to actually work to get pelinar by progressing through the game and passing bills so shes more of a reward for hard work as opposed to being a dlc character who just shows up
Well, even more reason to stay away from the Switch version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom