• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, this new episode of Attack on Titan...

I feel conflicted about the flashback they showed.

This flashback with Ymir's backstory first appeared in Chapter 89, not Chapter 47 which this episode adapted. I was thinking they were going to show bits and pieces of it similar to the Marco flashback, but they showed everything from that recent chapter.

I think the reason they shoved everything about this flashback into the episode was to give viewers a reason to sympathize with Ymir this early into the show. The experience Ymir describes does explain why she went on to live selfishly until she met Historia.

But other things about the flashback...

The thing is, we see the Marley soldiers, the Marley civilians stoning Ymir and her cult, the fourth wall, and Ymir + her cult members being transformed into Titans. The anime tried to obscure the Titan serum to leave anime-onlys guessing what caused Ymir and her cult members to be turned into Titans, but then we have this:

Yep, so much for obscuring the Titan serum. What they should've done was zoom in on the Marley soldier's left side to hide the serum from view.

They even could've tried to hide the fact Ymir's backstory took place outside the walls, but the intermission card stated, "Ymir's hometown is somewhere outside the walls." There's also the fact we now know the color of the Marley soldier uniform: it's blue, and they look much different from the Walled Military uniforms.

The only two bits the flashback obscures: The mention of Marley and Eldia, and the ocean that appears behind the wall. Both are important reveals to understanding the SnK world that is revealed later on.

Still, I can't help but feel worried the placement of this flashback will lower the signficance of the basement reveal later in the series, assuming the anime even reaches that point. Something tells me the anime-onlys will have an easier time figuring out there is another society beyond the walls after this flashback.

On some final notes before I talk about the rest of this episode, I will say this: I do appreciate they gave some more context how Titan Ymir managed to meet the RBAM group. Turns out there was a point where Ymir where went inactive for a period of time and rested to the point that the ground buried her. When she became active again, Reiner, Bertolt, Annie, and Marcel just so happened to be camping and were caught off guard by the inactive Titan. Additionally, the song that plays as Ymir's stares at the night sky after regaining her humanity was beautiful and really fitted the scene.

It also confirms the Talking Titan from Ilse's Notebook is indeed that one random Ymir worshipper (who turns out to be female) and not the man who gave Ymir the name: that man had brown hair, while the woman had blonde hair. The man still got punished though as we do see him sitting on the wall ready to be injected by one of the Marley soldiers. So much for trying to shift the blame...

Other than that, Eren demonstrates he can still fight on his own even without hands... at least until Reiner managed to get the upper hand. Ymir terrorizing Bertolt as the traitor duo flew from tree to tree was entertaining, and Reiner had quite the superhero landing when he transformed into a Titan at the end of the episode. Glad to see Erwin and the rest of the Survey Corps + the few bits of the Military Police and the Recon Group reached the forest in time. Titan Ymir eating Historia was quite the shocker, but I'm sure Ymir is only holding her inside her mouth similar to what Annie tried to do with Eren last arc.

In all, this episode is definitely quite... overwhelming. It's going to take some time to process what I really think about this episode. We'll see what I really think about this episode in the future. I'm especially curious to see if Isayama was the one that asked for that flashback to be incorporated into the episode, and if so, I want to learn his exact reasons for doing so.

The next two episodes are definitely the ones I'm hyped for though. It's going to be pure action, and it looks we're getting that amazing Erwin scene next week. That means we'll see Chapter 50 animated two weeks from now, and let me tell you, this is the chapter I am most looking forward to seeing animated!

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It's different from Gaiden, now it's every fourth attack(doubles do not count)
With his 3 Rng spell, only Leon and a Mage Ring unit can attack him safely but still, my DFs are dealing chip damage. Hell, even Valbar is dealing chip damage.
And with his 5 HP recovery, I'm pretty sure it's impossible unless you've REALLY grinded

You sure? I fought him in the final map only once, on turn 12, and was able to do damage (and killed him thanks to Tobin being broken) without having attacked him before then. When I tried after four attacks on the turn before, it didn't work (I'm assuming they didn't count for anything, because I rolled them back with the Turnwheel afterwards).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You sure? I fought him in the final map only once, on turn 12, and was able to do damage (and killed him thanks to Tobin being broken) without having attacked him before then. When I tried after four attacks on the turn before, it didn't work (I'm assuming they didn't count for anything, because I rolled them back with the Turnwheel afterwards).
I'm pretty sure it's the once every 4 attacks thing, since that's how I took care of him. 2 attacks form archers, 1 from Clair(I think), and then Alm crit and killed him.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure it's the once every 4 attacks thing, since that's how I took care of him. 2 attacks form archers, 1 from Clair(I think), and then Alm crit and killed him.
I'm sure I tested the every four attacks thing a few times, and it just didn't work for me. I'll test it again later; maybe it differs between difficulty levels, or the two maps, or something, because the original every four turns method was definitely what worked for me when I tried it last time.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I noticed there's discussion regarding how to defeat Jedah.

It is indeed true that you're only chance of attacking him is every fourth time, not counting doubles. In my experience fighting Jedah both in the pre-Duma Tower map and the final map, I remember managing to land an attack on him after 3 attempts were nullified, but the 4th attempt went through.

I think a reason why people forget about the "every fourth time" rule attacking Jedah is because they forget to talk to an NPC in the Sage Village that reveals how you are supposed to attack Jedah. That villager states, "Four, Eight, Twelve..." and then he vanishes due to Jedah's curse. If you didn't talk to that villager, you'd miss the hint on how to defeat Jedah.

D

Deleted member

I'm sure I tested the every four attacks thing a few times, and it just didn't work for me. I'll test it again later; maybe it differs between difficulty levels, or the two maps, or something, because the original every four turns method was definitely what worked for me when I tried it last time.
On the first time, it's certainly every fourth attack, at least on Hard.
Haven't gotten to fight him again yet so I'll try to test it when I eventually get to it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Me doing exercise.

Now, it's time to eat a burger as breakfast.
*looks at sig*

I'm sure you're fine, haha. From what I can tell the better someone is with something the more they examine themselves about it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't get a chance to fight him the first time because he ran away like a sissy, but the final map version indeed only takes damage on every fourth attack, not counting doubles. On the final map, he also has a skill that gives him infinite counter range, meaning archers alone don't suffice. You need a unit that can Res tank or a fast unit who can dodge.

I used Delthea and Clair to get the counter down.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So according to Serenesforest, Fire Emblem Warriors will feature Pair-Up mechanics.

Sounds pretty neat in the context of a Warriors game, so I'm excited to see how they do it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So according to Serenesforest, Fire Emblem Warriors will feature Pair-Up mechanics.

Sounds pretty neat in the context of a Warriors game, so I'm excited to see how they do it.
I want to imagine paired up characters riding each other's mounts if possible like that one cutscene with Chrom and Sumia because that would be awesome. Too bad that probably wouldn't happen.

. . .But I mean, it would be awesome.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you're a fan of shows like Tiny Toons or Animaniacs, I'd recommend checking out Captain Underpants.

It feels very much like a 90's Saturday morning cartoon in terms of plot pacing, movement speed, slapstick, and heavier focus adult humor. It mixes the first few books in the series together, but it does a great job at paying tribute to what made them stand out in bookstores/school libraries rather than taking the easy route of being another Superhero parody. FLIP-O-RAMA!!

I honestly can't wait for it to come out on DVD just to see all of the GIFs people are bound to create.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I saw someone suggest that Pair-up could function like character changing. Remember Hyrule Warriors Legends and how you choose up to 3 characters than you are able to change control between them at will? Considering that's how Pair-up sorta works like in Awakening and Fates where you change who the attacking person is, I could see something like that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Theres a Smash Bros reference in Friday the 13th game.

Hitting Jason 13 times with a baseball goves you an achievement called Smash Bros

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you're a fan of shows like Tiny Toons or Animaniacs, I'd recommend checking out Captain Underpants.

It feels very much like a 90's Saturday morning cartoon in terms of plot pacing, movement speed, slapstick, and heavier focus adult humor. It mixes the first few books in the series together, but it does a great job at paying tribute to what made them stand out in bookstores/school libraries rather than taking the easy route of being another Superhero parody. FLIP-O-RAMA!!

I honestly can't wait for it to come out on DVD just to see all of the GIFs people are bound to create.
Goddammit. You're likely going to get it on DVD before it even comes to cinemas in my country. I remember reading maybe 7 books, the last one I read ended with the professor and portable time potty returning as a cliffhanger

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
*looks at sig*

I'm sure you're fine, haha. From what I can tell the better someone is with something the more they examine themselves about it.
XD

You are right, I'm very perfectionist.

But yeah, I still dislike doing exercise and I eat fast food everyday.

I have a decent physique, but I could be much better.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
XD

You are right, I'm very perfectionist.

But yeah, I still dislike doing exercise and I eat fast food everyday.

I have a decent physique, but I could be much better.
Meanwhile I stuff my face with chocolate as a distraction from bad **** that happened to me and I want to work out and eat less but don't have the mental strength to do say
On the plus side I KINDA get boobs this way

Ivander

Smash Legend
So something I'm surprised we didn't talk about or mention with FEWarriors. According to Famitsu, there will be Supports or "Bond Conversations."
Support conversations are included as "Bond Conversations". Quite a lot of content, ranging from serious to silly. Creating bonds does not lead to marriage; rather, characters will become more like close friends.
Interesting. Depending on how it's done, it could be really cool to see characters converse with characters from different games. That being said, regardless of no marriage, that won't stop the fanart.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Was gonna sleep, but...testpunch in eight minutes.

Welp.

even when I try it doesnt work so you shouldnt worry
You're my friend. Least I think so.

I worry about my friends. Doesn't help that I don't always have any words to be of use - or that I'm stuck with words alone, here.

Anyway I'm glad you're alright. But goddamn, Pumpkaboo, you scared me.

Gonna quietly suppress internal screaming at the "when you try" bit but don't you think I'm not concerned about that too.

*looks at sig*

Wait, that's actually him?

****, Chandeelure Chandeelure , relax, you're fine.

It is, but...I have questions.

Presumably this is to ensure that a player's hitbox and the fists' hurtboxes know approximately where each other would be to register them. However, the characters themselves, and can also change position, much faster. How would they go about verifying that the players don't initiate last-second dodges or the like?

Seems a bit like a problem half-solved. The online play does feel pretty good so far, though, so whatever they're doing it's clearly effective.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pfffhahaha people were NOT joking about this Level 99 trick in Disgaea 5. I set the difficulty to one star and went to Martial Training 1 like something said and my levels started skyrocketing.

Maybe I should have tried this before my insane charge from a little over halfway through the main game all the way to the end yesterday, it might have made it a little smoother. Ah well.

ALSO. . .

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This instant deserves to be shared.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since a lot of people here are Pokemon fans, here is something you will like:

The next campaign in Japanese Pokemon Centers will be called "Lillie and Family." It features a bunch of merchandising featuring Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine. Here's a few products of interest:

First, some adorable figure stands featuring Lillie and Nebby:

The one with Lillie and Lusamine is adorable, and the Lunala one has a "prince saving a princess" vibe.

Here's some stickers that feature some more artwork of Lillie and Nebby:

Here's some stickers featuring Gladion, his Silvally, Lusamine, and Nihilego:

And last but certainly not least, here's a small pouch with Lusamine and some Nihilegos:

For full details what this merchandise campaign entails, this link lists them all.

I'm interested in getting my hands on those Lillie figures because they look pretty cute. The artwork on all the merchandise looks great, especially the Lusamine one. It really emphasizes her love and obsession with Nihilego.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

I'm glad to hear it, I remember buying every book I could find of the series at elementary school when we had those scholastic book fairs or whatever they were called. Even the Diaper Baby books and Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot (had to actually look up the names for those). Can't wait for the nostalgia.:grin:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My Switch finally came in from repairs, and just in time for the test punch!

Well after trying ARMS for a few matches, I still don't think I'm gonna get the game. It was interesting and a bit fun at first, but even as someone who doesn't play fighting games, I thought it was way too basic and shallow. Maybe it's better with motion controls, or I completely skipped over something, but I just couldn't get into it. Ribbon Girl > Min Min > Twintelle

My save data is intact, too. Hallelujah! The Korok hunt continues.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Holy crud, I think I just figured out a plot point about Headlok.

I fought him two different times now and he had two different sets of legs. . .once Twintelles and the other time Kid Cobra's.

This thing LITERALLY locks onto the heads of ARMS fighters.

That's also why it has six arms in battle and walks but only has four and flies in it's victory screen.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You're my friend. Least I think so.

I worry about my friends. Doesn't help that I don't always have any words to be of use - or that I'm stuck with words alone, here.

Anyway I'm glad you're alright. But goddamn, Pumpkaboo, you scared me.

Gonna quietly suppress internal screaming at the "when you try" bit but don't you think I'm not concerned about that too.
feels like you are the only one that really gives two ****s thoughbthats expected

Thanks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Perfect men don't exi--

I swear if I don't get him in FEW, THEN I'll have a talk with Koei Tecmo
Beat the Rigel Falls Battle
That was actually a fun map
Lukas tanked the right side completely while giving some kills to Delthea and Luthier, earning his promotion.
I had Cav Brigade rush down from the northeast to kill the Witch. HOLY **** SHE MOVES, you summoners are supposed to STAY PUT
Silque finally learned Invoke and the Illusions stole the boss kill :'^)

Secret Shrine time
Oh, I can finally complete that quest now
>Necrodragons spawn in the way to the village
I'll leave it for the postgame.

Only two maps remain in Act 4, I'll finish them later though

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
feels like you are the only one that really gives two ****s.
I care too, I just. . .sorry for not speaking up.

I guess I figured you were exaggerating because you probably wouldn't be intending it for sleep if it was like that and I've heard from someone else who went through it the exact point you made. Taking that much sleeping meds basically ends in a bad week at the hospital because it absorbs slowly.

Seriously, though, take care of yourself. I worry about you.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Pretty convenient considering Warner Bros. recently confirmed that Animaniacs is being brought back!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Darn it...it's over...
Don't know if I'll be able to catch tonight's test punch but will for sure be able to play tomorrow's sessions...

I think playing Arms might be a decent morning ritual for me...felt well energized after this morning's session and I'm pretty warmed up after this afternoon's session right now...I'm not a very good morning person so finding something that gets me going in the morning is a plus...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
First testpunch I've run through from top to bottom and I gotta say, I really hit my stride there.

Kept racking up those Ramram Min Min Win Wins.

feels like you are the only one that really gives two ****s thoughbthats expected

Thanks
Definitely not the only. One of the more vocal, at best.

We got your back here. Keep yourself in one piece, okay?

Troykv

Smash Master
I wonder if Smash Flash will add in the future a second Fire Emblem Character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom