• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
While we're talking about Pogeymanz, one car insurance company decided to cash in on the Pokémon GO craze:

I know they're trying to avoid copyright infringement but could pick anymore creepier monster designs?
I just said goodbye to my peaceful sleep hours... TT - TT

Glad I will never play Pokemon Go.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While we're talking about Pogeymanz, one car insurance company decided to cash in on the Pokémon GO craze:

I know they're trying to avoid copyright infringement but could pick anymore creepier monster designs?
That duck creature looks like it wants to be put out of its own misery.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Been thinking about a Jo-Jo team with gen 7.
What came to mind.

Popplio - Caesar
Infernape - XVII 78
Type: Null - Iggy/Fool
Palosand - Oasis
(Mega) Banette - Sticky Fingers
Archeops - Scary Monsters

RIP Part 4 and 6, you weren't easy to tie pokemon to

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well Lockstin's already on about the new stuff revealed...he doesn't mention much other than what we've already talked about as well as things he said he'll cover in Part 3 when its up...
The idea of a reboot makes me feel destroyed inside.

I tried watching his reboot video just now but it kept going on and on and I don't have much tolerance for things that make me feel depressed.

But I feel like there's a couple of glints of hope that a reboot isn't exactly what Pokemon is going for.

One, why on earth would they bother making Pokemon Bank if they intended to throw away nearly every Pokemon in existence two generations later? Nearly every Pokemon wouldn't be able to be brought over, there would be no reason to even pay for that service.

For another thing, why would they make every model in 1080p? They seem to be intending to make every Pokemon model be capable of being able to be carried over to an HD system. But nearly all of them would go to waste if they just threw them away.

Both of the two situations seem to be meant to serve as future proofing for Pokemon. ALL Pokemon.

So there are two ways this (hopefully) will end up. Either this guy is completely wrong, or he's got a point on whatever symbolism he's going on about for hours at a time but ended up at the wrong conclusion because of his own personal fantasy that it all needs to lead up to something super dramatic.

Pokemon has established that each game takes place in a different reality. There's also been a general sense of Pokemon overturning conventions. If his point from what I briefly skimmed was a sense of death and rebirth, then both could qualify in a sense. Perhaps the next game will shatter even more conventions. It will certainly take place in a new universe, with each past game being the "death" of an old universe in the sense that people stop playing it and each new game symbolizing "rebirth" with it being what people move on to.

Or perhaps it's just symbolism specific to Sun and Moon. Or he's just reading into it too much entirely.

TL;DR a reboot bothers me but Game Freak seems to be prepping for permanent Pokemon retention mechanics wise rather than a purge so hopefully that's not the case.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
So.
Been thinking about a Jo-Jo team with gen 7.
What came to mind.

Popplio - Caesar
Infernape - XVII 78
Type: Null - Iggy/Fool
(Mega) Banette - Sticky Fingers
Archeops - Scary Monsters

What'd really work on it
Talonflame would be a good Magician's Red, imo, or at least, either it or Ho-oh would be close. Rockruff would be good for Iggy. Vikavolt kinda reminds me of Tower of Gray. Bruxish or Stunfisk could easily be Clash. Cutiefly could be a Harvest.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of this reboot theory, when I was young, I thought Ruby & Sapphire was a reboot for a couple years. I had a number of reasons:
  • Can't trade with previous games
  • Only a small amount of Kanto/Johto Pokémon were obtainable
  • "National Dex" & "Hoenn Dex" didn't exist until you traded with FireRed/LeafGreen
Of course that changed when Colosseum came out.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Talonflame would be a good Magician's Red, imo, or at least, either it or Ho-oh would be close. Rockruff would be good for Iggy. Vikavolt kinda reminds me of Tower of Gray. Bruxish or Stunfisk could easily be Clash. Cutiefly could be a Harvest.
See.
Still trying to not use the same type multiple times in a team.
PALOSAND AS OASIS
IT'S PERFECT.

EVEN IF IT'D BE A SECOND GHOST TYPE.
WH'EVER

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's actually a thing? It's possible to make items droppable for My Castle battles?
No, it's obviously cheating but as I soon learned, the items disappear after you finish the Castle Battle
Looks like the game will just automatically get rid of items found in these battles as it's normally impossible
Maybe someone wanted to make a speaking Pokemon and ****ed it up.

Theory time with FMAB spoilers
Alola is actually a giant human transmutation circle and the Aether Paradise is the center of it
Lusamine is actually a Homunculus created out of Lillie's DNA and both of them hail from the, now gone, region that fought Kalos 3000 years ago
There are 7 Trial Captains and they each represent one of the Seven Sins: Mallow is Gluttomy, Lana is Lust, Sophocles is Sloth and Kiawe is Wrath
Ultra Beasts are all failed attempts of human+Pokemon transmutaions

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Honestly, I think Blaziken is a better Magician's Red : it's humanoid an Magician's Red used a lot of fire kicks against judgement.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
No, it's obviously cheating but as I soon learned, the items disappear after you finish the Castle Battle
Looks like the game will just automatically get rid of items found in these battles as it's normally impossible
I knew it was cheating, but I was just surprised that people were able to do that. That being said, it's sad that they disappear though.

Chrono.

Oh. Things are getting interesting...

I'm curious to see where this goes.
This seems like one of the worst ideas I've read all year and not just because it's at a time where Nintendo got all DMCA happy.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yes those are what I meant. Thanks! Then that's not to bad. Working on the first map now.

And 4chan is getting my hopes up over Corless returning. Here's something interesting finds:

Z bracelets seem to be on his book. as well as each corner having a sun and moon.

Is that Corless in the background? He has the same hair, something sticking out, and he has black pants.

The confirmed members follow the island colors, yellow, green, red, but blue is missing. Corless wears blue. Could he be the last member?

Thoughts?
I thought the island colors were red, yellow, pink, and purple.

That aside, I think it's an interesting theory. With that kind of clothing, Colress looks like someone who could work for the Aether Foundation. Now that we know Sun and Moon take place after X and Y, and those games took place some time after Black and White and its sequels, I think it's a good possibility for Colress to end up after Team Plasma's demise. It even makes me wonder if the Aether Foundation could've been who Colress originally worked for. I mean, the earliest detail we know about Colress is that Ghetsis made him a puppet leader. Was Colress a scientist for Team Plasma, or was he a scientist from another organization, and then Ghetsis convinced him to join Team Plasma somehow?

I don't want to get my hopes up that much about Colress returning though, because there's also a good chance that Sun and Moon might not even bring him back.

I am happy to see Dexio and Sina return though. I'm just glad SM gives some sort of acknowledgment to XY story-wise. If a post-game Kalos were to happen, I can see those two characters being good candidates for introducing the player to Kalos in the postgame, but again, I don't want to put my hopes that high.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
See.
Still trying to not use the same type multiple times in a team.
PALOSAND AS OASIS
IT'S PERFECT.

EVEN IF IT'D BE A SECOND GHOST TYPE.
WH'EVER
Ohhh, sorry, didn't know you were doing a one-typing per mon team.
Honestly, I think Blaziken is a better Magician's Red : it's humanoid an Magician's Red used a lot of fire kicks against judgement.
I feel a little stupid now for not remembering Blaziken or Infernape, the likely most humanoid of fire types.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Lately feels like a gigantic circle jerk that never ceases to end.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been thinking about Jangmo-o...

Studied and poked around for the etymology for it's name I found...
"mo'o" Hawaiian Dragon or lizard of course...
"jjang" Korean slang word for 'best', 'top' or 'super'...

best I could find while jang may still have other meanings...

Did some research on the Mo'o to see what potential Jangmo-o may have in this area...From what I found their legends are quite typical amoung dragons sometimes malevolent in nature while some are viewed as protectors...one legends has them kidnap a maiden and they are pursued to be slain in an attempt to recover said maiden...often they are depicted at sea or in caves (could be potential for a Water typing actually)...there's also legends that slain Mo'o become part of the Hawaiian landscape...One such legend speaks of it ever watching the landscape even centuries after it's demise...
Interesting to note that despite the longevity of these legends, lizards are typically not native to Hawaii...however ancient Polynesian settlers would've likely known about the Komodo, Water Monitors, Snakes, and Crocodiles from Australia and Indonesia, who's tribes have their own legends and have likely carried over to Hawaii...Didn't really find anything that really ties to Jangmo-o directly other than it's name and that it's a dragon...

So I did some poking around for my Griffon theory, but it's interesting to note that Jangmo-o is considered a brave and valiant pokemon...Valiance is synonymous with courage and two very commonly used symbols of courage are the Lion and the Eagle...Griffon's are hybrids of Lions and Eagles...so naturally Griffons are also symbols of courage...they are also used rather often in emblems on flags and sports teams to denote the team's strength and courage...
Another interesting thing to note Lions are considered the King of the Beasts, while Eagles are often considered the King of the Skies which once again makes the Griffon a symbolic King of all creatures...'King'...often the highest authority in a society's monarchy...the 'Top' of the Hierarchy...remember jjang is slang for 'best', 'top' or 'super' in korean...Jangmo-o could literally translate to 'The Top Dragon' or 'Best Dragon'....'The King of Dragons'....and this is only it's baby form at the moment if this is indeed the basic form of a three stage Psuedo-legendary line...I wonder what name it could have on it's final stage, God of All Dragons?

Additionally looking at Jangmo-o's design...it somewhat resembles prehistoric Ceratopsians...specifically Protoceratops...
The heart-shaped head piece is similar to the frills of the ancient dinos, additionally protoceratops very likely used their hard heads to ram opponents as well as used it for defense against predators...Ceratopsians would always try to face their adversaries to make the most of their offense and defense (Some ceratopsians evolved a ball and socket joint at the base of their neck to allow for better maneuverability)...very much like Jangmo-o is described to do...there's also the beak like mouth it has similar to Ceratopsians...

Why is this important?
While there are some arguments to disprove the notion...there was a belief that protoceratops fossils inspired the legends of the Griffin...some refer to is as the 'protoceratops-griffin hypothesis'...A very bird like head with it's beak and a quadrupedal body...similarly how it's likely that ancient explorers mistook dinosaur bones to be that of dragons and other mythical beasts...along the way they were likely described to have wings as well probably due to it's bird like appearance...

another part of it's design are what appears to be tufts of feathers or fur...on it's chest and head...something that could likely grow into a lion's mane of sorts...something prideful of a creature that dedicates itself to training...There's also the golden scales on it's body and Griffons are often depicted being Gold in colour, as well as sometimes descripbed as Guardians of treasure which includes gold...

Most likely typings?
Flying
-would be the most obvious you'd think, a dragon that sprouts wings and becomes a bird like Griffon and can fly of course it would be a flying type, right? FLYgon...not a flying type...garchomp is also said to be able to fly...Dragonair can also fly (although it does evolve into a flying type)...and Hydreigon...the ability to fly doesn't necessarily make it a flying type...Of course I'm not ruling it out, but unlike Bagon who dreamed of one day flying and eventually sprouted wings and became a flying type Jangmo-o is slightly different in it's nature which has me thinking differently...then again who even says that the Griffon even has to fly it could wings or wing like appendages but not fly (ala Mega Absol)
Fighting
-is also a very possible typing, as it's description implies it's a Valiant pokemon, Valiant, Bravery, Courage...the Griffon being a symbol of Courage, having courage is something that is viewed as being rather heroic, and in Japan Fighting type is the Hero type afterall, Griffins are also thought to be Guardians at times, perhaps this is the purpose of Jangmo-o's training in it's youth to grow into guardians of Alola? Or Guardians of some Treasure...There's also the fact that Jangmo-o dedicates itself to it's training even living in seclusion from other creatures other than its own kind in order to better it's training...I'm actually willing to bet it will be a fighting type...

At this point I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jangmo-o became a Griffin at some point, a prospect I'm actually somewhat excited about, I've always wanted a Griffon pokemon, it's definitely a notable absence in Pokemon atm, and there's so many pieces that fall together at this point I'm almost expecting it...Regardless if it's a Griffon or not this is easily the Pokemon with the best potential for it's evolutions that we have revealed so far for sun and moon...

I think it's safe to say Jangmo-o is my new favourite Alola Pokemon...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*comes back after doing something and having some spare time to think*

The more I think about it, the more the idea of a reboot would legitimately tick me off.

Almost all of my favorite Pokemon are from generations after the first one.

It would feel like a huge slap in the face to me and presumably a whole lot of other people who joined the series post-Gen 1.

What about fans of Lucario or the post Gen 1 Eeveelutions or one of the other 600-700 Pokemon that would be thrown in the trash?

People stayed upset for over a DECADE because they couldn't transfer their Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokemon into Gen 3. There have been 2.5 times as many generations since then.

And for what? To appeal to a bunch of people stuck in the 90's? To reduce workload when they've already done the bulk of it already and are prepped to have everything ready for at least until the series hits 4K?

I would HATE a reboot. Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it.

I await the day that there are 1000 Pokemon in existence. Anyone who thinks they can't go any further from here has far too small of an imagination.

Large amounts of Pokemon allow for entire ecosystems with accurate life. They allow for larger regions with less areas containing repeating Pokemon. They allow a new Pokemon to be found in every nook and cranny, they allow for more and more little stories like the one's we've seen giving a more and more elaborate view of life in the Pokemon world. They allow the Pokemon world to feel ALIVE.

You simply can't make a world feel half as close to being a more fantastic version of our own with only 151 Pokemon.

Worried about being able to "Catch 'em all?" Guess what? You couldn't even do that in Gen 1. You had to trade for several Pokemon and one was only available from events. The only way to "Catch them all" was by glitching the game out in ways not intended.

How do you "Catch 'em all" with over 151 Pokemon out there, you ask? HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION.

And Quick Balls, those will catch a lot of things at the start of battle when you're high enough level. They didn't have those when you were a kid, I know.

Or just ignore the "Catch 'em all" thing and just go hunting for a favorite. Don't let an advertising campaign control what you do with your time. Or OCD, for that matter.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But.... My Diamond and Pearl :034:
I said reboot, referring to the theory that after Sun and Moon they'll toss away every Pokemon past Gen 1, not remake.

I'm sure as heck looking forward to a Diamond and Pearl remake, which will presumably include a mysterious distortion of time or space that warps in a bunch of the new Pokemon late into the game.

Unless you're saying you'd take a reboot to purge DP out of existence, in which case :/ .

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I said reboot, referring to the theory that after Sun and Moon they'll toss away every Pokemon past Gen 1, not remake.

I'm sure as heck looking forward to a Diamond and Pearl remake, which will presumably include a mysterious distortion of time or space that warps in a bunch of the new Pokemon late into the game.

Unless you're saying you'd take a reboot to purge DP out of existence, in which case :/ .
Oh yeah, I was thinking of Remake. I was thinking of the wrong thing

I would never wanna purge DP out of existence, I love Sinnoh

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

Sinnoh and Hoenn have to be my two favorite regions, so much depth and exploration in those two. I would love to see Metallic Platinum, Pure Pearl, and Shining Diamond (those are names I came up with for remake games).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
*comes back after doing something and having some spare time to think*

The more I think about it, the more the idea of a reboot would legitimately tick me off.

Almost all of my favorite Pokemon are from generations after the first one.

It would feel like a huge slap in the face to me and presumably a whole lot of other people who joined the series post-Gen 1.

What about fans of Lucario or the post Gen 1 Eeveelutions or one of the other 600-700 Pokemon that would be thrown in the trash?

People stayed upset for over a DECADE because they couldn't transfer their Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokemon into Gen 3. There have been 2.5 times as many generations since then.

And for what? To appeal to a bunch of people stuck in the 90's? To reduce workload when they've already done the bulk of it already and are prepped to have everything ready for at least until the series hits 4K?

I would HATE a reboot. Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it.

I await the day that there are 1000 Pokemon in existence. Anyone who thinks they can't go any further from here has far too small of an imagination.

Large amounts of Pokemon allow for entire ecosystems with accurate life. They allow for larger regions with less areas containing repeating Pokemon. They allow a new Pokemon to be found in every nook and cranny, they allow for more and more little stories like the one's we've seen giving a more and more elaborate view of life in the Pokemon world. They allow the Pokemon world to feel ALIVE.

You simply can't make a world feel half as close to being a more fantastic version of our own with only 151 Pokemon.

Worried about being able to "Catch 'em all?" Guess what? You couldn't even do that in Gen 1. You had to trade for several Pokemon and one was only available from events. The only way to "Catch them all" was by glitching the game out in ways not intended.

How do you "Catch 'em all" with over 151 Pokemon out there, you ask? HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION.

And Quick Balls, those will catch a lot of things at the start of battle when you're high enough level. They didn't have those when you were a kid, I know.

Or just ignore the "Catch 'em all" thing and just go hunting for a favorite. Don't let an advertising campaign control what you do with your time. Or OCD, for that matter.
It honestly depends on how the reboot is handled...I highly doubt they'd just wipe the slate clean and start from scratch...and I'm sure existing Pokemon from all 7 Generations will still be available...I mean most of my favourites are from Gen II and onward...Alakazam is the only Gen I pokemon I consider in my Top 10 favourite Pokemon as of now...and I'm sure many many other fans would be very disappointed if a lot of their favourites were just retconned out entirely, espeically considering how many popular pokemon came after Gen like like Lucario, Garchomp and Gardevoir...

One likely possibility is that Sun and Moon is likely just the end of the story arc in Pokemon and that the reboot is simply starting a new story arc, likely incorporating vastly different methods of progression, perhaps with a more open-world or MMO approach...a Pokemon MMO is actually quite heavily demanded amoung fans afterall...
Not to mention some fans even want a game that features ALL of the Pokemon regions...which is actually pretty inpractical given it's current progression system as we see how it affects the levels in GSC and HGSS with just two regions...
These reboots could very well still add in new Pokemon as well...there is still a lot of additions Game freak has yet to touch upon especially since fans are coming up with their own ideas everyday...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

dream1ng

Smash Champion
They're not going to reboot Pokemon. At least, they're not going to get rid of the Pokemon past Mew.

They are, however, going to continue focusing on Gen I Pokemon because on average those are by far the most recognizable and therefore the most lucrative. Those are just the facts.

Also last I checked the series doesn't really ask you to catch em all anymore. They abandoned that tagline a long time ago.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Sinnoh is my big nostalgia cookie.

One of the main things people complain about it is slow battle speed too, which a reboot would fix.

My main worries after ORAS are that it might have less Ribbons and it might have a camera background clashing against my Pokemon during Contests. If they had the same or more Ribbons and kept the Contest Hall animated that would be peachy. And if they found a way to implement Accessories in 3D that would be triple peachy. It did occur to me that they could make Accessories separate models and then expand or shrink them to fit a bunch of different Pokemon. Plus a lot of them were just objects placed next to them anyway.

It honestly depends on how the reboot is handled...I highly doubt they'd just wipe the slate clean and start from scratch...and I'm sure existing Pokemon from all 7 Generations will still be available...I mean most of my favourites are from Gen II and onward...Alakazam is the only Gen I pokemon I consider in my Top 10 favourite Pokemon as of now...and I'm sure many many other fans would be very disappointed if a lot of their favourites were just retconned out entirely, espeically considering how many popular pokemon came after Gen like like Lucario, Garchomp and Gardevoir...

One likely possibility is that Sun and Moon is likely just the end of the story arc in Pokemon and that the reboot is simply starting a new story arc, likely incorporating vastly different methods of progression, perhaps with a more open-world or MMO approach...a Pokemon MMO is actually quite heavily demanded amoung fans afterall...
Not to mention some fans even want a game that features ALL of the Pokemon regions...which is actually pretty inpractical given it's current progression system as we see how it affects the levels in GSC and HGSS with just two regions...
These reboots could very well still add in new Pokemon as well...there is still a lot of additions Game freak has yet to touch upon especially since fans are coming up with their own ideas everyday...
The guy who made the theory video said they would be getting rid of most Pokemon and cited the "too many Pokemon" complaint as one of the examples why. So I object to at least his view.

I thought of a new story arc myself. I doubt they'd completely overhaul the gameplay itself, at least not in a way that couldn't be tacked onto the existing gameplay. But they could do away with several more conventions and maybe allow multiple people to interact on the same map or something.

Or Gen 8 could be the generation we finally don't have Ash as the main character in the anime, LOL.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

That aside, I think it's an interesting theory. With that kind of clothing, Colress looks like someone who could work for the Aether Foundation. Now that we know Sun and Moon take place after X and Y, and those games took place some time after Black and White and its sequels, I think it's a good possibility for Colress to end up after Team Plasma's demise. It even makes me wonder if the Aether Foundation could've been who Colress originally worked for. I mean, the earliest detail we know about Colress is that Ghetsis made him a puppet leader. Was Colress a scientist for Team Plasma, or was he a scientist from another organization, and then Ghetsis convinced him to join Team Plasma somehow?

I don't want to get my hopes up that much about Colress returning though, because there's also a good chance that Sun and Moon might not even bring him back.

I am happy to see Dexio and Sina return though. I'm just glad SM gives some sort of acknowledgment to XY story-wise. If a post-game Kalos were to happen, I can see those two characters being good candidates for introducing the player to Kalos in the postgame, but again, I don't want to put my hopes that high.

While I think he has a pretty good shot ( after all why mention him in XY as studying the same thing that Magma and Aqua were, that relates to alchemy, a key component Sun and Moon), if he doesn't appear, I'd say he could be credited as the original founder. Then he disappears to join Plasma, leaves them to research the stones, then hears about what happened to Aether, and maybe comes back. He could easily appear. We'll see how likely that is though.

And it is red, blue, yellow, and green. They parallel the real islands and are named after the original games.

And Kalos could happen, but their presence gets my hopes down. As why search Alola when Zygarde lives in Kalos and we'd be able to visit. Who knows though.

I hope we learn why they dressed like superheroes though.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Damn, even Golgo 13's author responded to Kochikame's incoming ending. Those for who don't know, it's another one of the longest running manga (spanning up to 181 volumes currently) as of now. It really is the end of an era.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...ochikame-manga-ending-after-4-decades/.106174
Now this mates is what true respect is all about. Saito may have been running Golgo 13 longer than Kochikame in years, he knowledge that his number of volumes are much shorter due to the bimonthly schedule and congratulates Akimoto on accomplishing something he couldn't do. Describing it as a lonely, envious, and strange feeling without his presence anymore. Definitely someone who earned my respect for his words.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i hope that dragon becomes a dragon/fighting pseudo-legendary. please game freak?

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Dragons are cool, I'm liking a lot of the Gen VII ones, but I'm ready for another pseudo-legendary that doesn't hold that typing.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
While I think he has a pretty good shot ( after all why mention him in XY as studying the same thing that Magma and Aqua were, that relates to alchemy, a key component Sun and Moon), if he doesn't appear, I'd say he could be credited as the original founder. Then he disappears to join Plasma, leaves them to research the stones, then hears about what happened to Aether, and maybe comes back. He could easily appear. We'll see how likely that is though.

And it is red, blue, yellow, and green. They parallel the real islands and are named after the original games.

And Kalos could happen, but their presence gets my hopes down. As why search Alola when Zygarde lives in Kalos and we'd be able to visit. Who knows though.

I hope we learn why they dressed like superheroes though.
I like the idea of Colress serving the role as an original founder. Makes me wonder if he had a connection to Lusamine prior to the team's creation.

I thought the island colors were red, yellow, pink, and purple because of the Oricorio forms and the "badge case" for the game matching the colors of said Pokemon, as well as having an emphasis on four pieces that represent the islands.

From NeoGaf

I mean, it would make sense that the island colors would be yellow, red, green, and blue (it's a clever nod to the original games and fits the "reboot" theory), but then it seems odd for the badge case to use pink and purple instead of blue and green.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
my ideal version of a pokemon reboot is simple add a new dex

you have the regional dex
the national dex (which wouldnt appear in the first gen of the reboot)
and the global dex which features every pokemon from gens 1-7
the reason theres a new dex is simple your not on the same continant as gens 1-7

and the reason you have never seen any of the new pokemon is because they didnt exist on the first continant
i mean think about it every single pokemon exists still and you can have whole dexes dedicated to new pokemon
ala rby and bw whats more it makes sense in world because what makes up a continant but a bunch of countries
or nations if you will

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
my ideal version of a pokemon reboot is simple add a new dex

you have the regional dex
the national dex (which wouldnt appear in the first gen of the reboot)
and the global dex which features every pokemon from gens 1-7
the reason theres a new dex is simple your not on the same continant as gens 1-7

and the reason you have never seen any of the new pokemon is because they didnt exist on the first continant
i mean think about it every single pokemon exists still and you can have whole dexes dedicated to new pokemon
ala rby and bw whats more it makes sense in world because what makes up a continant but a bunch of countries
or nations if you will
I think the problem with that is that I think it's implied that the Pokemon regions are on the same general kinds of continents as their equivalents are in real life.

So in Pokemon, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are on one continent, Unova is on a second, Kalos is on a third, and Alola is sitting on an island chain halfway between the first four and the fifth.

Little comments from time to time about the huge distance between various regions and such.

BW actually was going for exactly what you described, just without a third dex.

Plus there are animals that live on multiple continents IRL.

. . .Maybe a "reboot" would be to have a region that doesn't have the letter "O" in it, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom