• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like the idea of Colress serving the role as an original founder. Makes me wonder if he had a connection to Lusamine prior to the team's creation.

I thought the island colors were red, yellow, pink, and purple because of the Oricorio forms and the "badge case" for the game matching the colors of said Pokemon, as well as having an emphasis on four pieces that represent the islands.

From NeoGaf

I mean, it would make sense that the island colors would be yellow, red, green, and blue (it's a clever nod to the original games and fits the "reboot" theory), but then it seems odd for the badge case to use pink and purple instead of blue and green.
Maybe he entrusted the company to her? And true, I remember in on of GX's analysis for the game pointed the colors out. Perhaps the pink was a combination of both. Red and White make Pink, so I don't know. I'll try to find it.
In the meantime it's time for D E E P E S T L O R E:

Pretty interesting thoughts on Gladion and Corless's potential appearance.

Attachments

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wonder if Type: Null might be a Psuedo Legendary as well?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hmm.... I completely forgot to tell you guys what I think about today's news!

-Type:Null is the weirdest name for a Pokemon I have ever heard, but I can understand why based off the analysis people have done of it. Interesting to see it's a Chimera themed Pokemon. Also, it has the rings of Arceus for some reason...

-Jangmo-o is looking to be one of my favorite Pokemon of this generation alongside Vikavolt, to be honest. If it evolves into a Dragon/Fighting Griffin-like Pokemon, I will be so happy.

-Alolan Raticate is quite bulky and chubby appearance wise; guess it really did eat a lot of calories. However, I could still see a use out of it with the right moves and nature, so it seems like it could be a mix of a sweeper and hit taker (ignoring that 4x weakness to Fighting...)

-The concept of Pokemon Sun having the beginning time of a normal Pokemon game and Pokemon Moon (the version I plan on getting) being the opposite of that is certainly a fascinating idea. To be honest, fighting an Alolan Raticate as a Totem Pokemon might be more of a challenge (without a fighting type) compared to Gumshoos (although I wouldn't mind destroying any I see with a Brick Break/Close Combat for obvious reasons. :p)

-The Aether Foundation was a team I never saw coming (although that little white island on the Alola map had me wondering for a while). Seems like they have good intentions, but with the fact that Glaxion of Team Skull, Lusamine of the Aether Foundation, and Lillie all look practically the same hair color and eye color wise, it's interesting to see if they're connected in some way. Also, I am suspicious that they may secretly be enemies later on in the game and that we will team up with Team Skull to stop them.

-The Pokemon Snap thing seems like it could be a fun little side activity you can do, but that's about it, I'm afraid to say.

-Seeing Dexio and Sina again from Pokemon X and Y came off as a small surprise to me despite the fact they served almost no purpose in X and Y. It seems like they may actually be a bit more interactive this time with them providing you general clues to the whereabouts of Zygarde and its other forms. As of now, they seem less useless then before when they were masked crusaders that attacked their enemies with fashionable clothing. :p

-My god... UB-01 is clearly Lillie. The fact it moves "like a young girl" and shares her general appearance from the hat, to her hair bangs, and overall hair length clearly means it is either Lillie herself or it is connected to her DNA/genetic qualities. It seems like this Ultimate Beast (and the others to come) could serve as one of the main bosses in the game and be a tough challenge to players (while not being catch-able for obvious reasons).

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder if Type: Null might be a Psuedo Legendary as well?
I could even see it being a full Legendary with the description you get of it, although it doesn't have a larger square on the Pokemon website like the other Legendaries new to the region so it could just be a Pseudo or normal Pokemon.

Judging by it's description saying the helmet lowers it's agility I'm guessing high stats but a low Speed stat.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I can see this happening actually...I've had ideas centered around a possible fighting type inspired by Samoan warriors, though my idea was a Water/Fighting type based on Humanoid Sharks, since sharks play a pretty significant role in Hawaiian lore with Kamohoali'li being one of the more significant gods of Hawaii, who is a humanoid sharkman...
the Leiomano weapons the Samoans use are made with shark teeth...(Koa is the name of the wood the weapons are made of, not the weapons themselves though that doesn't take way from the symbolism mind you)...

If I'm being honest I can still see them using a Griffon like design as the Griffon's wings could literally become the Leiomano weapons it uses being lined with teeth as well as it's tail possibly...I can actually picture it having the Warrior's helm as well...with the feather like tassels hanging in front of it...

Jangmo-o's current design doesn't give me much of a Samoan vibe (as of now) as much as it reminded me of the Ceratopsians dinosaurs as well as the way it attacks and defends itself which is very reminiscent of how Ceratopsians would've done in the past...which is pretty much why I hadn't considered this as a possibility...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just had a disturbing thought.

If they made Type: Null the way I think they made Null, FMA style, I will really cry
Not sure if they did that, but IIRC there's already lore just as dark.

See, Mega Stones only existed because of the Ultimate Weapon. The Ultimate Weapon killed a bunch of stuff, and the energy of the Pokemon killed by it is continuing to linger into the modern day. . .

If I'm assuming what happened correctly, every time you Mega Evolve a Pokemon, you're basically giving them a power boost off of the wadded up souls of a bunch of dead Pokemon.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Some things I've been considering for UB-01...

First off it's funny how a lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that Lillie is inhuman...clearly she shares a connection with UB-01 (it's pretty damn obvious) but actually the first thought I had when it came to Lillie's connection to UB-01 was actually Ash-Greninja...Ash and Greninja share a connection where Greninja changes his appearance to look like Ash as well as even synchronizing movements with each other...Of course I'm not ruling out the possibility that Lillie is literally UB-01 but I'm speaking from a more conservative standpoint...We don't know much about UB-01, Ultra Beasts, or even Lillie for that matter...nor do we know what actual role they all will play...

UB-01's description suggests it's very glass like...which reminded me of Glass scupltures...
it has a bulbous head which is like how bulbs are blown into molten glass to expand it, and it's tentacles are very much like how a glass sculpter will pull on the glass to mold it into appendages...heck it even appears to have little air bubbles in the end of some of it's tentacles (I'm actually really impressed some of these little attentions to detail in a lot of the Sun & Moon designs, such as Stufful's butt tag:p)...and it's shapeshifting nature is reminiscent of how glass is very malleable when it is heated...

TBH I want to see someone make an actual glass sculpture of UB-01 it would look so cool...

interestingly enough UB-01 looks...incomplete...as if it could fit on top of something...perhaps as a method to literally fuse with Lillie? or perhaps with other Ultra Beasts? Or if Lillie is indeed UB-01 and like some theories suggest Lusamine and Gladion also being UB's they could all merge as one Super Mega Ultra Beast?

>when Nintendo has become self-aware that nobody likes Paper Mario's current direction and just gives up on trying to make us happy

First Luigi cameos, now this. :(

It's like Yoshi was just like "**** this game, I'm out".

On a more positive note though

Mario Party: Star Rush is tempting me to buy it. Rosalina's expression for taking a hit from an item in the Coinathalon is the best.

View attachment 117302
Wise move, Yoshi.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yoshi got out while he still could.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Everyone else taking that Color Splash clip as another excuse to diss it, and I'm just like,

"How is is a piece of paper going to balance on the edge of another piece of paper anyway?"

Burruni

Smash Hero
Holy Crap.
GUYS.
If it is Colress.... they can bridge it all.
Taking the grounds of Gen 6 being the "soft reboot" with AZOTH and Mega Evos as the overarching matters.
Kanto: Pokemon Origins
Johto: "Pokemon Legends"
Hoenn: Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
Sinnoh: "Temporal Diamond and Cosmic Pearl"
Unova: Gets no /direct/ adaptation for a while, but gets tied in more directly with Colress's progressed studies leading to Rotom Dex, possible mega evo stuff, hell, maybe even the fusion drives to create the ultimate Totem Legendary.

They may actually be planning to tie everything in.

Edit:
Everyone else taking that Color Splash clip as another excuse to diss it, and I'm just like,

"How is is a piece of paper going to balance on the edge of another piece of paper anyway?"
But he already rode on Sushi, Lakilester, and the baby yoshi.....

Double Edit: And Squirp, and Flutter.
HE'S HAD A MOUNTED COMPANION IN EVERY GAME SO FAR

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can see this happening actually...I've had ideas centered around a possible fighting type inspired by Samoan warriors, though my idea was a Water/Fighting type based on Humanoid Sharks, since sharks play a pretty significant role in Hawaiian lore with Kamohoali'li being one of the more significant gods of Hawaii, who is a humanoid sharkman...
the Leiomano weapons the Samoans use are made with shark teeth...(Koa is the name of the wood the weapons are made of, not the weapons themselves though that doesn't take way from the symbolism mind you)...

If I'm being honest I can still see them using a Griffon like design as the Griffon's wings could literally become the Leiomano weapons it uses being lined with teeth as well as it's tail possibly...I can actually picture it having the Warrior's helm as well...with the feather like tassels hanging in front of it...

Jangmo-o's current design doesn't give me much of a Samoan vibe (as of now) as much as it reminded me of the Ceratopsians dinosaurs as well as the way it attacks and defends itself which is very reminiscent of how Ceratopsians would've done in the past...which is pretty much why I hadn't considered this as a possibility...
That shark idea would be brilliant actually. I also like the idea of a Griffon can work for the warrior inspiration. Both would be pretty good options, I could definitely see the Griffon being possible now though.
I just had a disturbing thought.

If they made Type: Null the way I think they made Null, FMA style, I will really cry
Nah that's how Lillie become UB-01.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Holy Crap.
GUYS.
If it is Colress.... they can bridge it all.
Taking the grounds of Gen 6 being the "soft reboot" with AZOTH and Mega Evos as the overarching matters.
Kanto: Pokemon Origins
Johto: "Pokemon Legends"
Hoenn: Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
Sinnoh: "Temporal Diamond and Cosmic Pearl"
Unova: Gets no /direct/ adaptation for a while, but gets tied in more directly with Colress's progressed studies leading to Rotom Dex, possible mega evo stuff, hell, maybe even the fusion drives to create the ultimate Totem Legendary.

They may actually be planning to tie everything in.

Edit:

But he already rode on Sushi, Lakilester, and the baby yoshi.....

Double Edit: And Squirp, and Flutter.
HE'S HAD A MOUNTED COMPANION IN EVERY GAME SO FAR
Well I've never played Paper Mario before, so that's why I didn't know.

I guess the two papers do some kind of fusion or something? Or do they just fold in the edges and use putty to temporarily attach each other?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28317210/any-leak-matches

This thread is discussing the riddles leaks. They've brought up that N1 is UB 01 as the anime character forms a spirit in a jellyfish like form. This means N2-N4 are the other ultra beasts. The N4 is also the Rugby Monkey, so is the Rugby Monkey an Ultra Beast to? If so what are the other 2?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That shark idea would be brilliant actually. I also like the idea of a Griffon can work for the warrior inspiration. Both would be pretty good options, I could definitely see the Griffon being possible now though.

Nah that's how Lillie become UB-01.
I personally just really want a Griffon...I love dragons, my favourite mythical creatures, but Griffons are probably my second favourite after dragons...

Griffons are criminally underrepresented in media in general...

so just imagine how freaking happy I'd be if a Griffon Pokemon was added....THAT IS ALSO A DRAGON!!!!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I personally just really want a Griffon...I love dragons, my favourite mythical creatures, but Griffons are probably my second favourite after dragons...

Griffons are criminally underrepresented in media in general...

so just imagine how freaking happy I'd be if a Griffon Pokemon was added....THAT IS ALSO A DRAGON!!!!
I still remember the time Furfrou was mistaken for a Griffon and Litleo was mistaken for a baby Manticore.

Just. . .speculate what you like, but don't get disappointed if it doesn't turn out that way.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still remember the time Furfrou was mistaken for a Griffon and Litleo was mistaken for a baby Manticore.

Just. . .speculate what you like, but don't get disappointed if it doesn't turn out that way.
As long as I like the final design I won't be disappointed in what it turns out to be...but we're probably talking a potential Top 10 favourite pokemon for me if it does indeed become what I think it'll become, if not then possibly something I may still like anyway...it's a dragon, so far there hasn't been any dragons I really dislike...some I may not care about but none I truly dislike...

D

Deleted member

It'd be funny if out of all of this complex speculation, the story just ends up being more simplistic than everyone is expecting it to be. :p But I'm just being the Devil's advocate, I hope that the game does end up being as deep as it's being speculated to be.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What would be the point in rebooting pokemon? For most of the game it's all self contained anyway with just little references to previous generations

What, they just throw out all pokemon, say "Nope, they don't exist anymore" and make new pokemon? What would be the point.

I mean, gen 5 just had new pokemon but it's not a reboot

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the note of a warrior Jangmo-o, some fans have been kicking around the idea that it may be related to samurais (or at least, draws some cues from them) due to its heart shaped crest being reminiscent of some Kabuto Samurais used to have helmets with a Love kanji on it.

While I'm skeptical of it being a samurai dragon, I could see GF adding that visual cue if it is supposed to evolve into some sort of warrior dragon.

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28317210/any-leak-matches

This thread is discussing the riddles leaks. They've brought up that N1 is UB 01 as the anime character forms a spirit in a jellyfish like form. This means N2-N4 are the other ultra beasts. The N4 is also the Rugby Monkey, so is the Rugby Monkey an Ultra Beast to? If so what are the other 2?
Based on a recent image he posted, it seems that's not the case. UB-01 is placed in a slot separate of the N1 hint, so they're probably unrelated (at least, from what I understand).

With that said, that doesn't negate the possibility of the other hints alluding to other Ultra Beasts.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm curious as to why UB-01 supposedly has no will or mind.

Why say that?

I know its based on a jellyfish but still.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm curious as to why UB-01 supposedly has no will or mind.

Why say that?

I know its based on a jellyfish but still.
Because they want to make it more clear that it's not a Pokemon at all?

All Pokemon are sapient, including the jellyfish and other brainless stuff like starfish.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Y'know though. If this is "The Final" pokemon game, I might as well import a Squirtle and use it as my starter

It'd be poetic

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Mulling over Team Skull and the Aether Foundation now.

Aether is connected with Heaven. Skulls are connected with death. Going to Heaven is considered to be eternal Life, while going to Hell is considered to be eternal Death.

Or more comedically, Aether Foundation gives the impression of being high class, while Team Skull are a bunch of lowlifes.

. . .IDK, just wanted something to think about. I've already seen the light and darkness contrasted before, so I thought up further stuff.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Y'know, if 7 is the end of a cycle and 8 is the beginning of a new cycle, the alchemic numerology is based on "Base 8" An Octal system

etc.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Nintendo's spot @ the EB Games Expo this year seems to be bigger than last years.

For reference here is this year's:
...And here is last years:
(Pink shaded part is Nintendo's booth)
I'm really glad they managed to grab a spot near the entrance this year. They seemed to have expanded slightly with the family booth, which I'm sure whoever else is going from family will be happy with too.

Chrono.

It'd be funny if out of all of this complex speculation, the story just ends up being more simplistic than everyone is expecting it to be. :p But I'm just being the Devil's advocate, I hope that the game does end up being as deep as it's being speculated to be.
I expect this to be the case and for everyone to get angry that, once again, Pokemon is just being Pokemon.

Aka what happened with BW2.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nintendo literally giving away NX's.

when is the goddamn reveal
This isn't the first time.
There's a t-shirt design competition where you can win a signed NX. It was announced a while ago now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom