• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think you guys are exaggeratkng a bjt
I mean, I do believe the plot and lore are going to be more complex this time around but I highly doubt a Pokemon reboot
It just doesn't make any sense to do it, why would you throw 20 years of work away just for the sake of it? Pokemon is one of the few franchises that manages to always bring back all of its previous playable characters.
If people are going to say the Gen 1-7 Pokemon would still be on the game, just uncatchable, then that'd be no different than what BW did
Anyways, to more important matters, has Gladion's theme been ripped already?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just looking around, it looks like yesterdays winner in the fanart game is Wicke. Especially impressive when the President looks like a Supermodel.

Is it the sweater?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just looking around, it looks like yesterdays winner in the fanart game is Wicke. Especially impressive when the President looks like a Supermodel.

Is it the sweater?
Don't you know that "THICC" is the currently fadding fetish?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Don't you know that "THICC" is the currently fadding fetish?
I remember when it was called chubby chasing and had to be justified with a long spiel of how larger bodies were considered attractive as a sign of wealth in ye olde days.

I wonder if it's part of a shift in society's outlook on beauty or just a bunch of people being vocal about their preferred body types.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well, I've certainly enjoyed reading everyone's hypotheses regarding Sun and Moon. Sorry I'm a bit late to all the news, since I never really had a chance to take a look at the announcement since I got up this morning to finish the last pieces towards building my very own gaming PC - So at the end of this week, I'm definitely going to try see what it can do for Killer Instinct and Halo 5's Forge mode, but there are quite a number of games that I might be interested now that this PC should be able to handle games of these capacities, like say Civilisation VI, or try out other games like The Witcher III and so on, but I'm especially looking forward to the games that have Xbox Anywhere capabilities, or PC ports like Scalebound or Sea of Thieves.

But from what I've missed earlier today, here's what I think of the Sun and Moon details so far:
Type: Null - That was certainly a bit of some Full Metal Alchemist PTSD - Probably enough for a null pointer exception. Looks cool.
Alola Raticate - To be expected - but the comparisons to Ratatouille were funny.
Jangmo-o - I like it so far. Cute and determined.
The Aether Foundation seem pretty interesting, and it'd be neat subversion if they were the greater scope villain, but if it turns out to be true, well, we've pretty much spoiled ourselves with our own logic and mass guessing.
UB-01 seems quite interconnected to the game's story. Deepest Lore, and it'll certainly be fun to watch the story play out.

Anyway, that was just my day. Hope nobody minds my somewhat late response.

Chrono.

I think a lot of people did.

until season 2
Hopefully Season 2 irons out a couple kinks.

Though getting back into KOF made me remember that I don't enjoy SF very much beyond a casual level (when it comes to actually playing it).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
TBH, I'm not sure Street Fighter 5 will ever recover from it's disastrous launch. It launched at full price, with only a survival mode for single player. It seems like half of Capcom wanted it to be this game that courted the competitive audience and the other half wanted to simplify it to make it easier to get into.

D

Deleted member

I've been listening to Gladion's theme for about 10 minutes now
I just love his theme and design so much and I'm gonna be seriously disappointed if they **** up his character

Burruni

Smash Hero
I've been listening to Gladion's theme for about 10 minutes now
I just love his theme and design so much and I'm gonna be seriously disappointed if they **** up his character
His character is Teen Angst
Accept this.
He's just gonna be some punk kid working with a bunch of street thugs who you're gonna kick the ass of and steal his beloved unique pokemon.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Tracer vs Scout released (and holy **** Matpat's stupid video is gonna make this worse):
Scout got blown up. Justification is that we don't see where the three rockets he survived in Meet the Medic landed (as in probably not a direct hit).

Ken's in the next one.
And of course there's the same old "We'll reveal the opponent on twitter!" bull****

At least we'll only have to wait for 4 and a half hours to see if it's true then.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ah, a photo leak.

Going in I thought it would be something like

-all the non-penders characters from the comics appear
-Sonic did a bad and brought classic Sonic to the future, without him to stop Eggman he took over the world.
-Levels from old sonic games return with a f***ed up aesthetic applied.

Things like that.

D

Deleted member

His character is Teen Angst
Accept this.
He's just gonna be some punk kid working with a bunch of street thugs who you're gonna kick the *** of and steal his beloved unique pokemon.
SHUT UP MOM YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ken's in the next one.
And of course there's the same old "We'll reveal the opponent on twitter!" bull****

At least we'll only have to wait for 4 and a half hours to see if it's true then.
Blaziken or Sub-Zero are my guesses.

What happens after 4 and a half (now three and a half hours?

D

Deleted member

Soul Silver Nuzlocke
"I'm sure my recently caught Lv13 Pidgey can survive at least one hit from this Lv16 Kadabra"
I don't think I have to tell what happened next
Then that Kadabra proceeded to kill my Quilava
RIP Hellion Lv1~Lv17. You saved my ass more time than I can count, you'll be missed.
RIP Gilgamesh Lv13~Lv13. Pidgeot kinda reminded me of Faye!Gilgamesh so I thought it was a cool nickname but that was your first and only battle.

Current team:
Alexander the Male Nidoran Lv15
Okuyasu the Aipom Lv14
Rem the Poliwag Lv18
Viral the Beedrill Lv18
Some random Drowzee called Idrien for some reason Lv10

Time for some grinding in the Goldenrod underground
Darn it Zoroarky, your angst killed the thread for more than 50 minutes. :p
IT'S NOT A PHASE THIS IS WHO I AM

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Someone was pissed at Death Battle
"Never mind that they left out 80% of Scout's arsenal (Including the crit-o-cola, babyface blaster, backscatter, shortstop, the winger, mad milk, and didn't even use the force of nature or the soda popper, which btw, has crit-o-cola strapped to the bottom of it, not bonk) His ability to use magic, his MvM upgrades, his hookshot, the mannpowers, and much, much more."
This is important stuff tbh

D

Deleted member

Oh man, Terry would be great.

He'll get bodied but I'd still like to see them fight.
It'd be a pretty cool match up, the only thing that'd be off to me is that they'd be fighting to the death, which is a little off to me because in CvS they had a friendly rivarily more than anything.(Though that is a null point as death battle does have two characters fighting for the sake of them fighting.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sooo....My Y team still needs a Water type...

Kellam
Einstein
Smaug
Moldarach

Been considering and I've narrowed down to two water type choices...already caught both of them but not sure which one to use...Just about to take on Valerie's fairies though neither of these will benefit me since they'll both be Dark types, but Moldarach can handle the non-steel type fairies regardless...
Sebastian
Bruce

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
"Never mind that they left out 80% of Scout's arsenal (Including the crit-o-cola, babyface blaster, backscatter, shortstop, the winger, mad milk, and didn't even use the force of nature or the soda popper, which btw, has crit-o-cola strapped to the bottom of it, not bonk) His ability to use magic, his MvM upgrades, his hookshot, the mannpowers, and much, much more."
i mean tracer was going to win regardless time travel vs not tim etravel is never a winning time for the non time travel

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
TBH, I'm not sure Street Fighter 5 will ever recover from it's disastrous launch. It launched at full price, with only a survival mode for single player. It seems like half of Capcom wanted it to be this game that courted the competitive audience and the other half wanted to simplify it to make it easier to get into.
It think it will.

It really isn't hard when you just have content people want and just actually do the Super Street Fighter V and just admit it that you messed up

Give it time

D

Deleted member

IT'S NOT A PHASE THIS IS WHO I AM
Are you ****ing kidding me?

....**** Death Battle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Are you ****ing kidding me?

....**** Death Battle.
I'm curious, what other times did Death Battle leave out research? I remember seeing people pissed at Captain America VS Batman as Cap didn't have his full gear, I remember Link VS Cloud being controversial as Link's 'advantage of Z Targeting' is something Cloud could do in Dissidia and Kirby VS Buu forgetting Kirby is only 8 inches tall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom