• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Arms gives me a very nostalgic feel. I remember being younger and playing the Punch Out! Arcade machine back in my home towns arcade. It was so much fun. The wacky characters and what not is what attracted me to the game. Arms gives off the feel to me for some reason, its very reminiscent of Punch Out! to a degree so I welcome it with open "Arms". ( I didn't mean to make a pun)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

-March 3rd is earlier than I expected.
-I'm very happy with the price. $299.99 is perfect.
-Hearing that region locking is gone is great.
-Not the biggest fan of a paid online service to be honest, that recent bit of news about it makes me more open though.
-I'm meh on 1,2 Switch. Arms does look really fun, but it needs a much better name.
-Super Mario Odyssey was AMAZING! I have not been this hyped for a Mario game in a LONG time. I still can't believe we're getting a game like this. HOLY ****!
-Splatoon 2 looks great! I'm still a tad worried it'll feel like an expansion rather than a full-fledged sequel, but I'll be more than glad to be wrong. Also, why is it not called Spla2n?
-Xenoblade 2 looks fine, haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles or X, so I don't have much interest in this.
-Haven't played a Fire Emblem game, so I don't have any real interest in it's Warriors spin-off.
-The third party games seem fine, need to see more though.
-Breath of the Wild looks really good, not a Zelda guy at all but I may possibly pick it up.
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe looks fine, Inklings are a cool addition, but I'm not sure whether I'll double dip with Mario Kart 8.
-Sonic Mania coming to the Switch is great to see, but it really isn't a surprise.

Overall, I really enjoyed this conference. Was a little rough around the edges, but it increased my hype even further. Mario was definitely the highlight for me, like HOLY CRAP, I was in awe!

I probably won't get the Switch at launch, but I plan to get it this year.

Here's my bingo results.
Nintendo Switch Bingo Results.png
I was close, darn it...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, I will say one thing.

I'm impressed they managed to get Minecraft on board this fast.

Sonic Mania being confirmed is nice, too.

My hopes past year one are for some games to use the special Joy-Con rumble tech as a supplement rather than a gimmick. Something they can do without should Nintendo survive the storm that's about to hit them and make future Virtual Consoles but feels like it adds realism while you play. I feel like there's a ton of cool ways they can use that tech and I hope they don't waste it on minigames.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Not... really...

Off the top of my head within the first few months the Wii U had Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, Need for Speed, Just Dance, Monster Hunter, Tekken, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed, Scribblenauts, Injustice, CoD, Darksiders, Sonic Racing, Arkham City...

And more still might and probably will be revealed... but so far, I'm gonna have to give this one to the Wii U.
I agree with you to a degree, but lets be honest...Half those games are complete **** on the Wii U. Monster Hunter and Tekken were probably my favorite. It's more of an opinion though on what third parties are great.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not gonna talk about everything since it's late here, but man...now I need to gush about the eyecatchers.

- ARMS. It's not Punch-Out!!, but I'll take it. I actually love the name, corniness and all. Like, "What is it about? Well, I guess you can say, it's about ARMS." It looks seriously fun. Spring Man and Ribbon Girl for Smash? :p

- Splatoon 2! 0/10 not Spla2n. Jokes aside, hype! Dual wielding and jetpacks! I never got around to getting Splatoon, but I'm hyped for the sequel.

- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! Never got MK8 for whatever reason, and this improves on it in literally every way. 10/10 hype. Inklings! :D

- Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild! I'll admit. I was on the fence on this one for the longest time, when we were only seeing the Wii U version. This trailer finally has me fully on the hype train. Definitely picking this one up. Zelda's adorable here. Also, was that Darunia? Do you guys think so? Or just another old goron? Because Darunia is awesome.

- FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS! CHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! HE GOT HIS CHANCE TODAY AND I MADE INHUMAN BLUBBERING NOISES AND I DON'T EVEN CARE. I'M JUST SO HAPPY. ALL HAIL THE EXALT, BABY. THE ONCE AND FUTURE KING OF YLISSE. FJSOSJVNFSOWPFJCHAMEOSMRPWD

- Super Mario Odyssey! Oh my god. Oh my god I love it. I was so hyped for this game and it's already surpassed all my expectations. Globetrotting Mario, let's-a go! Getting this one for sure.

As for when I'll pick up the Switch, probably the summer, alongside BotW, Splatoon 2, presumably MK8, and ARMS. Super Mario Odyssey for Christmas. Fire Emblem Warriors whenever it releases.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I agree with you to a degree, but lets be honest...Half those games are complete **** on the Wii U. Monster Hunter and Tekken were probably my favorite. It's more of an opinion though on what third parties are great.
Oh yeah for sure. Don't get me wrong, few of them provided the optimal experience for that particular game. And the Switch has a leg up in being able to provide portability. But I can't imagine it will receive any higher quality or more timely ports until and unless the thing starts blowing up.

I mean people are touting Skyrim, but that game's hardly new. Even this Definitive Edition or whatever is not launching time and date with the other consoles. And it seems, to me at least, that that is the kind of thing we have to expect from the Switch for now. Again.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
The Presentation came out, didn't it? **** sleep man. Anyway, is there anything earth shattering? I heard about Splatoon 2.
It's so lit. They want that to be an e-sport so BAD.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I decided to blatantly cheat tweak my Bingo card for more accuracy.
swiFE3.jpg

swiFE5.jpg

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
People are upset about a paid online service?Playstation Plus and Xbox Live are a thing.Its about time Nintendo catches up to the curve.Easy money there

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Honestly, if paying a subscription means Nintendo will actually implement proper online features, I'm not complaining. It'll probably be the only console I'll pay the subscription for since Xbox games are coming to PC and won't require Xbox Live Gold to play online, and most games i want to play online for PS4 are also on PC. Nintendo at least has the benefit of not having their games on another platform.

Now I just hope games like Smash and Mario Kart have a ton of online features as well. It'd be cool if Smash had competitive seasons or something with a set of legal stages to play on.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
People are upset about a paid online service?Playstation Plus and Xbox Live are a thing.Its about time Nintendo catches up to the curve.Easy money there
Yees because, shocker, not everyone likes to pay montly for just playing online like me, who need that money for may many other things in life that may come up. Its weird, I know

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Well it is more money people have to pay, and people don't like spending money, especially if they're frugal or can't afford it for whatever reason.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So now every major home console will have paid online. I dread the day Steam decides to make their services have a fee (hopefully that never happens).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Playstation Plus is an optional online service with perks. Online itself on Sony consoles is still free.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just realized, the dual ink jetpack in Splat2n is basically a reverse Hover Nozzle.

Splatoon has gone full enihsnuS oiraM repuS.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No it's not. There are games that don't require Playstation Plus to play online, but the majority of games do.
Since when? I've never once heard of this or seen it brought it since the systems came out up until this point and none of the games I own require any sort of paid service it all.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I somehow get the feeling that speaking up when I'm feeling down isn't necessarily a good idea at times like this. :(

Having the title of (or being defined as) "the most depressing person on Smashboards" really isn't going to help me either.

(then again, the whole 5 months to feel hyped again may of been a bit over the top, but that's just me jumping to conclusions as per usual...)

Last edited:

Chrono.

"The Switch won't sell well, that's not a good launch lineup" Name every console that had a great launch line up
Also this
Literally every console for the past decade has a had a **** launch line up.

The first year does matter, the launch line up not as much.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
March 3rd is too far away...

Though I am still on the fence about grabbing the Switch right at launch, since there's still a very key component that was missing....but I'm still super hyped right now!!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I somehow get the feeling that speaking up when I'm feeling down isn't necessarily a good idea at times like this. :(

Having the title of (or being defined as) "the most depressing person on Smashboards" really isn't going to help me either.

(then again, the whole 5 months to feel hyped again may of been a bit over the top, but that's just me jumping to conclusions as per usual...)
It was probably a joke, try finding a way to cheer yourself up!
Literally every console for the past decade has a had a **** launch line up.

The first year does matter, the launch line up not as much.
Third party support, BotW and Odyssey are most likely key for the Switch's success. Xenoblade 2 won't hurt too bad either

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

There's just a lot of feelings flying about. Try not to take them to heart.

Level heads will emerge once things cool down.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
How are you going be mad at nintendo for doing something sony and microsoft have been doing for years.If online is that important than pay for a 1 year subscription or dont bother.Complaining just seems like whining to whine and i dont even care for the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom