• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
:034:Yeah let me rephrase that
I want to see if she is getting any backlash related to he rumors because Im curious
Fair enough. Personally I still think a lot of what she said will prove to be true eventually. But that won't spare her from the fury of all those keyboard warriors and their wurs my Mother 3/Rabbids/Smash port/etc.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My thoughts on the Nintendo Switch presentation:

Console itself: Price is looking good. Really like how easy it is to set this up on a TV. One HDMI cable and you're set. 2.5-6 hour battery life is... questionable. I'm not sure how frequently am I going to play the console on the go. The way you use the Joycon Controllers makes me think we'll see a new Punch Out game down the line. I like the Neon colors for it. I feel indifferent about the paid online service. Oh well, I guess everything can't always be free.

No Region-Lock: THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'm so glad region-lock is gone!

1,2 Switch: Looks like this is going to be the Nintendoland/Wii Sports of the Switch. Cool idea and I like how they are trying to make this into a party-game, but not completely sold on it.

Arms: Despite the meh name, looks pretty fun. I can already see Spring Man being a likely candidate for the next Smash.

Super Mario Odyssey: Super Mario 64/Sunshine style game coming back! Aw yeah! Looks really fun! I love how Bowser is wearing his suit from the Japanese New Nintendo 3DS cover commercials.

Splatoon 2: It's a proper sequel. Nice! Really liking those new weapons such as the double pistol. The new characters look pretty cool. That mysterious Inkling with the cool clothing and whose back was facing the camera makes me think he's going to have an edgy personality and will be important to the Single-Player modes story.

Xenoblade 2: A sequel to the original Xenoblade Chronicles? That caught me by surprise! It looks pretty good thus far! We even have some similar elements from the first one: Monado-looking sword, two giants that probably make up the worlds in this game. I have a feeling Xenoblade 2's protagonist is going to be a requested a lot for Smash.

Fire Emblem Warriors: HOLY COW NEW FIRE EMBLEM GAME! HYPE! Also, Chrom got his chance! Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving this great mat the respect he deserves. Judging by the swords on the trailer, I predict Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, and Marth are already confirmed to be playable. I'll elaborate on that later if I have time.

Also, I really hope Takumi will be playable! Fujin Yolo crits for days! Heck, the Fates Drama CDs even confirm the arrows from his bow can produce a grenade-like effect. That's Warriors moveset material right there!

Third-parties: Not much to say here, but glad to see Skyrim is officially confirmed.

Legend of Zelda BoTW: Amazing trailer! Not surprise that it is a launch title either. Also, really nice that we're getting voice acting! I hope Zelda's English voice actress will do a great job. I mean, her Japanese voice actress already sounds phenomenal (I got chills at the scene where she cries in Link's laps). Also, that short woman with red hair is probably Impa.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: BATTLE MODE IS BACK! YES! YES! YES! And Bowser Jr, Dry Bones, and King Boo are coming back? Heck yeah!

BlazBlue: YES! YES! YES! Judging by the logo, it's most likely going to be Central Fiction: Switch edition. If we're getting an English Dub for this version, I'm going to be SOOOO happy!

Overall, presentation was good. Not amazing by any means, but I felt satisfied overall. I'm already hyped for Super Mario Odyssey, Legend of Zelda BoTW, Fire Emblem Warriors, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, BlazBlue, and possible Arms. I'm worried about the launch title line-up though. That's only 2 games thus far (potentially 3 if Arms is included, but judging by "Spring 2017," it's probably going to be later). Translator could've been better too (he sounded so tired).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Xenoblade 2 is out this year apparently

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well.... I guess that means 5 months of waiting on Smash, huh? I'm excited for that already. :(

I have no idea what to think of at this moment, honestly. I'll more then likely skip out on the Treehouse tomorrow and that'll be that.

It'll be back to my usual life without something to be hyped about this year. While I will say Mario and Splatoon were nice to see, that wasn't enough for me.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, who's going to play Puyo Puyo Tetris while Sega is literally throwing a bone at us? This and Sonic Mania coming to the Switch.

They are actually doing God's work for once in a while.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
My personal favorite:
Arms and Mario.
Armsio & Legigi: Superlimbs Saga.

And guess who was number one?:troll:
I'd say that there is no clear first guy here.
We were all here at the same time, with clear indication of who was really first.
Together, we are all the first one.
So I wouldn't say it's you who is number one, but rather...
We Are Number One.

Chrono.

Does it?

I... don't see it.
At the top of my head we got announced:

- Tales of games
- Disgaea 5 as a launch title, NIS is also working on an new IP
- Dragon Quest X, XI and both Musou games heading there
- Blazblue series
- Shin Megami Tensei V which will likely be on a bigger scale than TMS
- Several sports games
- Of course Sonic Mania
- No More Heroes 3
- Skyrim but Todd said there's more (kinda doubt it but eh)
- Bomberman R
- Capcom will be supporting and USF2 is a decent-ish start (Mon Hun will get there eventually)
- Aside from Sonic SEGA will be doing whatever
- From Software was a listed developer as well
- Bamco too
- A brand new Square Enix IP

We still got two months of them announcing more stuff, give it time.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Marie looks pretty sad here......maybe something happened to Callie?
C2B6KUAUcAEn7F2.jpg

Neat Triforce sweater at least.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Oh wow, nice. Definitely a step up from waiting twenty-eight years between XCX reveal and release. :p

Well.... I guess that means 5 months of waiting on Smash, huh? I'm excited for that already. :(

I have no idea what to think of at this moment, honestly. I'll more then likely skip out on the Treehouse tomorrow and that'll be that.

It'll be back to my usual life without something to be hyped about this year. While I will say Mario and Splatoon were nice to see, that wasn't enough for me.
Seems like it. Honestly when the Odyssey trailer started with the pan across the city my heart skipped a tiny beat because it reminded me of a Smash stage, it was a modernized city, and it came right after the Splatoon trailer. Fooled me for a second, thought we might be seeing some Inklings Smashing haha.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I think they should have waited until June to release the switch. Having only two launch games is really bad unless they have a big library e-shop games I don't many people getting at launch.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So, who's going to play Puyo Puyo Tetris while Sega is literally throwing a bone at us? This and Sonic Mania coming to the Switch.

They are actually doing God's work for once in a while.
>No Puyo Puyo Chronicles in the west
>no Yakuza 1&2

But with that, Sonic 2017 and a new SMT game, they are sure fire killing it

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Hmm. Just had a thought they might show the Smash Amiibo / reveal any info on them during the treehouse...maybe.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At the top of my head we got announced:

- Tales of games
- Disgaea 5 as a launch title, NIS is also working on an new IP
- Dragon Quest X, XI and both Musou games heading there
- Blazblue series
- Shin Megami Tensei V which will likely be on a bigger scale than TMS
- Several sports games
- Of course Sonic Mania
- No More Heroes 3
- Skyrim but Todd said there's more (kinda doubt it but eh)
- Bomberman R
- Capcom will be supporting and USF2 is a decent-ish start (Mon Hun will get there eventually)
- Aside from Sonic SEGA will be doing whatever
- From Software was a listed developer as well
- Bamco too
- A brand new Square Enix IP

We still got two months of them announcing more stuff, give it time.
Cool. The west cares about 3-4 of those things. Not to say Japan isn't important. But the west is too.

Last edited:

lily.

Smash Rookie
I'm honestly surprised by the amount of features packed into the Joycon controllers, I wonder what kinds of things they'll do with the HD rumble?

I would've liked to have seen more games personally but I still think the presentation was really good. 1-2 Switch and Arms look fun and interesting and really showed off what the Joycon are capable of. The Zelda trailer was breathtaking, I can't wait to be able to play it myself!

I feel really bad for the translator that kept struggling throughout the presentation though.. hopefully he doesn't lose his job or anything like that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Holy smokes that's why it was in the presentation, I'll take this right away thanks.

I just hope the leaks are announced at some point and coming out this year as well. I had a bit of a dropoff after things lined up for everyone to complain about them but if the leaks combined with Xenoblade 2 I'd be freaking set for this year.

Well, the first half of it aside. . .

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hmm. Just had a thought they might show the Smash Amiibo / reveal any info on them during the treehouse...maybe.
The problem is... there is nothing related to Smash on Nintendo's website, and I doubt they'd show off the remaining 3 amiibo on their own, honestly. I want it to be true, but this is the Nintendo Treehouse we're talking about; I seriously don't believe we'll see anything related to Smash tomorrow and we'll have to wait another 5 months. :(

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
>No Puyo Puyo Chronicles in the west
>no Yakuza 1&2

But with that, Sonic 2017 and a new SMT game, they are sure fire killing it
It sucks we aren't getting those games yet.

If by some miracle the game popular enough, maybe we can expect to get Chronicles later this year. Just some food for thought assuming it doesn't flop like Fever 2 did.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bomberman and Dragon Quest XI are the only 3rd party I'm hyped for I think

Edti: Although I might get Skyrim since I've never played it

Last edited:

Chrono.

Cool. The west cares about 3-4 of those things. Not to say Japan isn't important. But the west is too.
Yeah most are niche, but like I said, it's far better than what the Wii U had.

We still got two months (and then post launch) of them announcing stuff.

The launch line up ain't looking too hot but nowadays you'll be fine as long as you have great games for the first year.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
My overall score for the presentation on how I felt:

6/10.

Idk if I was laughing at the start with all that basic details,12Switch and Arm stuff because I found it to be funny, or a Ninty Flop, probably both.

Honestly during the Splatoon trailer I thought it'd continue to be amazing, but it gernallt dipped to either 'meh' or 'good' or 'cool!'

Breath of the Wild trailer.... it's over 9000!!!!

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Well gotta say it.
Being back in this wonderful thread for such an exciting time has been great fun.
I'm so Happy to see some old friends and new users here on this side of the boards.
Thanks for being an awesome extended family guys. :)

Now if you'll excuse me It''s 6am and I need to get some sleep.
Night Everyone :happysheep:Stay awesome.

Chrono.

My big concern is the paid online service and the storage (which is already a slim 32gb).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
oh yeah so about that Pokemon stars?
How about it?
Honestly even if they did have a big blowout I doubt they'd have showed that card yet because it's been two months since Pokemon Sun and Moon released and people would be absolutely ticked.

Also I don't really remember them announcing Pokemon games that often only two months after the release of the last one. Three months, sure, but not usually two.

Pokemon Company is at least in with the Switch, they've said as much. They just haven't said whether they're jumping on this year or waiting until another one.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
oh yeah so about that Pokemon stars?
How about it?
I loved the trailer!

There was a cool new class of trainer that looked really similar to the breeders, which is pretty weird to show off, but hey, whatever works!

I also saw a new divergent poison/water evolution of Inkay.

The new fusion evolutions of Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee look great.

There was even regional variants for Honedge!

And we even got some new dragon types! They're pretty loud though.

It was pretty long, I must say. I mean, a whole hour?
They sure had a lot of new Pokemon to show off!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah most are niche, but like I said, it's far better than what the Wii U had.

We still got two months (and then post launch) of them announcing stuff.

The launch line up ain't looking too hot but nowadays you'll be fine as long as you have great games for the first year.
Not... really...

Off the top of my head within the first few months the Wii U had Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, Need for Speed, Just Dance, Monster Hunter, Tekken, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed, Scribblenauts, Injustice, CoD, Darksiders, Sonic Racing, Arkham City...

And more still might and probably will be revealed... but so far, I'm gonna have to give this one to the Wii U.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hmmm, the Mario game looks awesome, but I honestly don't think I will buy the console until they show a Smash or Kirby game.

EDIT: Good games, not a Smash port with no content or a Kirby game like Rainbow Curse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom