• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Inklings confirmed...

Link is still available....now if they put Samus in the game I might buy it...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
3rd Party support so far looks pretty darn amazing if that helps.

Plus the Wii U version of BOTW... Doesn't look like it runs so hot.
I really don't care about any of those 3rd party games. Even most of the first party games were meh to me like Splatoon.

Really. The only reason I would buy this console is because of Mario, Zelda, and Mario Kart since I skipped that on the Wii U.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Inklings confirmed...
:080:

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Bomberman for possible new Smash port.
Complete the Man at E3 Trend. Or Rayman.....
:4megaman:2013
:4pacman:2014
Still holding hope simply based on the certain lack of :4cloud::4bayonetta::4corrin:
Some say they're still making these Amiibo......
Platinum showed a sneak peak at Bayo, so they have to be....

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I thought the reason they waited to release the Switch after the holiday season was so that they would have a good line up of games ready for the systems launch.

So why are we only seeing Zelda and 1-2 Switch as launch games?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
3rd Party support so far looks pretty darn amazing if that helps.

Plus the Wii U version of BOTW... Doesn't look like it runs so hot.
We knew this for a fact. Watch the VGA footage.

That was the Wii U version.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still doubt I'm getting this launch date. Zelda just isn't enough.
I ain't getting this til' the Holidays at the earliest.

And that's even considering if I can nab one of em' before the masses.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I really don't care about any of those 3rd party games. Even most of the first party games were meh to me like Splatoon.

Really. The only reason I would buy this console is because of Mario, Zelda, and Mario Kart since I skipped that on the Wii U.

:080:
Was it shown in the presentation?

I was getting a crapton of lag...

My avi got inked!

According to reddit, the Fire Emblem trailer only had weapons from Shadow dragon, awakening, anD Fates.

I swear if we only get representation from those games i'm flipping a god damn table. AND YES I DID JUST USE THE REPS ARGUMENT I'M A HEATHEN I KNOW
:061:

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Trailer but in English

I thought the reason they waited to release the Switch after the holiday season was so that they would have a good line up of games ready for the systems launch.

So why are we only seeing Zelda and 1-2 Switch as launch games?
Was that ever the reason Nintendo gave out or was that something others said because "it makes sense?"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, people saying about Bomberman

"Why the hell is this not a pachinko machine"

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That was...very disappointing and underwhelming, if I were to put it nicely. Most of the games shown aren't launch or near launch, trying too hard to bank on BotW, 1-2 Switch...existing after 2006, rambling on about details that most people won't remember or care about at the time.

It's kinda like the Wii U, only without there at least being lots of ports out at launch. Sure, there's MK8D (Even though that comes out in April), but they didn't bother to show that in the presentation, which brings up another issue altogether. I'm also not too thrilled on that paid online service bit. Looks like Sony still wins in that department.

Oh well. There's still the Treehouse tomorrow and they do have time before the Switch comes out to at least try and give out more information and hopefully bring up some games coming out at launch or near launch that people will care about and want to go buy. You know, games that aren't Zelda. Because that one game is not gonna hold everyone off until more stuff comes out.

Overall, pretty mediocre presentation. Not upsetting but definitely disappointing. It feels like Nintendo hasn't really learned much from their past mistakes, but there's still some time to prove otherwise. And hey, at least that one fabulous dude was fun to watch. You guys know the one I'm talking about.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Some details...
32gb...

Sure, Nintendo. Sure.

My avi got inked!

According to reddit, the Fire Emblem trailer only had weapons from Shadow dragon, awakening, anD Fates.

I swear if we only get representation from those games i'm flipping a god damn table. AND YES I DID JUST USE THE REPS ARGUMENT
:061:
You know they're going to pick and choose their games and then add others via DLC, Hyrule Warriors style.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
A question; do you guys think the Treehouse (or the event going on tomorrow, basically) would mention Smash Bros. in any form? From what I know, they only play games that have been officially announced, rather then announcing new games themselves, so this seems unlikely in my eyes.
Still wanting to see what you guys think on this, purely out of curiosity. :o

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Am I the only one who thought the first cowboy was the same actor who played Jorah Mormont in Game of Thrones?
I'm too much of a GOT fan I guess, tho not enough to properly recognize that they are different people.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Personally, I thought the whole thing was good! Not great, but good. Much better than the Wii U by a long shot.

My personal favorite:
Arms and Mario.

You guys need to be less spoiled, wait until E3 and I am sure things will take off like a rocket for them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
whats that twitter users name/ Laura what? I wanna see if **** blew up in her face yet
Kinda malicious, wouldn't you say?

Still wanting to see what you guys think on this, purely out of curiosity. :o
I very much doubt it. At least in the capacity of it coming to Switch. Unless they for some reason reveal the GC/VC.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
With you. This third party support shown so far isn't much different than in the past. Sure Skyrim and FIFA, but like...so?

They needed an actual 3rd party sizzle reel, and they didn't at all.
To be fair..

The third party support on the site is encouraging.

But that should have been in the presentation.

Tales has me super hyped.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm back from watching and now for thoughts:

-$299. At least it's low cause being in Canada is going to be heavy on my wallet and it's still going to be around $400 for me, but at least it's around the price that I got the Wii U at launch.
-Paid Online. Not entirely impressed, but looking at the thing that just popped up about it, I'll give it some time to prove itself.
-No Region Locking. And just like that, the screams of all 10 people who wanted no region locking rose past the roofs. :troll: I'm just kidding, congrats to those who wanted No Region Locking and who knows? I might get something in Japan at one point depending on what they bring.
-1/2 Switch....Not that impressed. I can see the appeal, but this definitely sounds like a game that should be a pack-in, much like Wii Sports.
-ARMS. Not exactly the most pleasant of names, but the game does have nice potential. It hugely reminds me of the Boxing game in Wii Sports, which isn't a bad thing as that game was fun and if ARMS is just as fun and has some real new stuff to it, then it should be a good game. The game might not be one I'll get at launch, but out of the 2 first games shown, ARMS is the one that I hope does succeed.
-Splatoon 2. Nice! Awesome gameplay shown and it's within Launch year. Duel-guns look awesome as well and nice to see that it supports both online and Local multiplayer. Can't wait to see more of it.
-Super Mario Odyssey. First of all, great name after Galaxy. I was wondering how they were going to top that one and Odyssey sounds great. Second, it looks gorgeous and amazing. And it's in the Holidays like how Galaxy was. Also, seeing Mario next to real people looks so strange, yet fascinating.
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. INKLINGS!!!!! And the new Battle Mode looks pretty good too.
-Xenoblade 2. Oooo, at first it reminded me a whole lot of Baten Kaitos because of the whole sky deal. It looks pretty good though and I can't wait to see more of it.
-...........Ahem....*cough*......YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! YES! YES! It's finally happened! Fire Emblem Warriors is a thing! YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!! :joyful:
-Shin Megami Tensei. Interesting. Is it number 5? A remake of the first game? Or something else entirely?
-Project Octopath Traveler. Interesting. Done by the same people who did Bravely Default? It does have an interesting art direction.
-Skyrim. No surprise there.
-No More Heroes. Hey, that's a cool surprise. Kinda cool to see Travis Touchdown again.
-Fifa. Yay for sports.:p
-Bomberman. Really?! An actual new Bomberman game?! Konami actually did something for once?!
-Other titles. Dragon Quest Heroes 1&2? Cool. Diagaea 5? Cool. Blazblue? Cool. Street Fighter? Cool. DBXenoverse 2? Cool. Minecraft? Cool. A Tales game? Cool. Sonic Mania? Cool.
And for the final kicker...
-Breath of the Wild. Launch Date March 3rd.

That's all I needed to hear.

And for my final thought: Nintendo Switch, prepare yourself. I will be there at Launch date.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To be fair..

I agree. But even then, that western 3rd party support still seems to be minimal, which is pretty concerning.

Atm I have no confidence Bethesda and EA won't jump ship right away if their small offerings don't perform adequately.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, I know I'm gonna get in trouble for this one, but. . .

I like the weeaboo artstyle better than the previous two Xenoblade artstyles. Xenoblade 2 looks adorable and I want to hug it. I just hope the characters are memorable enough and the plot is alright. I'm a bit unsure how they're even going to tackle a sequel to the original.

Now here, have a screenshotted Nopon merchant as my avatar because until if and when Treehouse covers Splatoon 2 Xenoblade 2 was my game of the presentation.

. . .They went with some pretty normal sequel titles this time around, didn't they?

. . .Waaaiiiit, are those normal feet? Why does Nopon have normal feet??. . . Ah well.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
To be fair..

Most of those third party franchises are pretty niche though. They're not something that is going to cause gamers to seriously consider getting Switch IMO.

Also do we know the pricing of games yet? Because that could play a big factor in if people determine if the ability to take games with them on the go that are on all three systems is really worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom