• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If it wasn't for those meddling Rabbids, I could have had a Bingo!
SwitchBingo - Copy.jpg

(memes are inevitable, and TY KOEI TECMO FOR FE WARRIORS damn that game had to happen someday)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I liked a lot of what I saw in this presentation.

Let's hope that people don't get up in ARMS about the stuff they didn't like though.
:troll:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
FE Warriors, huh? Well, I guess that's exciting....

But apparently all the swords in the trailer were from Fates, Awakening, and the Akaneia games? If that's the only games they draw on for characters, that'd be lame. I'll wait until we see more of the game, but hopefully there's stuff from the other games as well.

Also, Trails/Kiseki warriors when.
Violent Ken? XD

That sounds as stupid as Pink Gold Peach.
I believe it's supposed to be Ken brainwashed by Bison or something.

He actually was first playable way back in SVC Chaos, if my memory serves me correctly.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
$60 a month for switch online is okay I guess. I'll use it more than PSN, which I didn't use at all because my PS4 is for Kingdom Hearts and Persona.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
History lesson for those not in the know: Violent Ken is basically an evil version of Ken ala Evil Ryu that was only in SvC Chaos until now. He also has goofy looking official art.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm hoping that the Switch is much more software focused come E3.

Also Intelligent Systems not reported to have worked on anything and Fire Emblem Warriors being a thing...gives me hope.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
WAIT DID SOMEONE SAY BLAZ BLUE WAS ON THERE?!?!

SOURCE

LIKE YESTERDAY!!!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
History lesson for those not in the know: Violent Ken is basically an evil version of Ken ala Evil Ryu that was only in SvC Chaos until now. He also has goofy looking official art.
Ken becomes violent if you mess with his hair.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Myyyy thoughtssss:

The Switch itself: my thoughts haven't changed much. Nothing really caught me off guard with this. Nice that they're naming a bundle after me though what with the NEON. Still not gonna get that one, lol. Still happy they're using USB-C. The battery life is what I expected, but that 6.5 hrs must be with like the lowest brightness with Wi-Fi disable playing some horribly un-taxing game. Expecting a good 3 hrs. Release date was nice, earlier than expected. Now I just worry about pre-orders.

And price for me is like 400 bucks which sucks quite a bit. But wasn't too unexpected.

1,2, Switch: CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT AT ALL THE AFTERPARTIES
Jk. It looks like typical casual Nintendo affair and I'm sure it will be fun but it's not for me. Though maybe we'll break it out after some drinks, and I'm sure we'll have some undeniable fun haha. Wait, is it bundled with the system? If not that's a hard pass.

ARMS: So, Punchy-Man for Smash? Has that bandwagon started yet? Probably. Honestly the game looks pretty fun if not a bit shallow. Neat concept, neat character design. Not a fan of motion control but it seems integral, so oh well! Probably not gonna pick this one up. I think the name is kinda lacking though. They should've called it Wild Arms. Wait...

Grand Theft Mario: Mario looks pretty ****ing ridiculous next to normal people and it makes me laugh while bothering me at the same time... but thank god for another 64 style Mario. Actually re-invigorated some of my waning interest in Mario (due to all the oversaturation). Will get. Was super sick of the uninspired trend as of late and this seems relatively fresh. Though not as fresh as...

Splatoon 2: Oof, tired joke. But hey, a full game! I mean it looks fun, the new weapons are creative, the character design is still on point, and chances are I'll be picking it up. But I don't have too much to say about it. Sucks it won't be launch. And it still seems... very much like Splatoon the first, but with new bells and whistles. Though if you were to tell me that's basically what sequels are... you wouldn't be wrong. Local multiplayer doe.

MK8: Battle Mode is there. \^o^/

Smash: See you at E3, baby.

Xenoblade 3. Wait, Xenoblade 2: Looks fun. I think my interest in this series peaked with the first, and I do have to wonder how far from release we are with this beast, but it looks fun for the fans of the series. I guess I'll stop going on about the Xenoblade series lacking the presence for a second rep in Smash now. :p

Fire Emblem Warriors: Seems as if Chrom is getting his chance. Should be great fun, but I wish I had never known it could've been Star Fox. :(

Third-Parties: They look cool for what's there, but the thing is... not enough was there. Especially when it comes to western devs. Touting a few far-off titles and some old/standard multiplats isn't enough to give me the impression Nintendo has accrued a dedicated backing by third-parties; will need to see much more to not be trepidatious. Honestly a bit worrisome. Looking forward to Skyrim though. Also Travis Touchdown and horrible Suda51 translator.

But hey Bomberman's back. Put him in Smash and we can maybe try to start mending things Konami.

Zelda: My god, can I just have it now. PLEEEEAAASEEE STEALTHY AONUMA, PLEASE?!?! Only reason I care about getting this thing at launch.

Overall the presentation was good, but not great. The games shown were relatively quality looking, but it was missing that oomph. That punch (the punching game notwithstanding ;P). I don't think it was truly enough to set it apart from previous console launch conferences. And the third-party section was not up to snuff. Also the translation was pretty awkward at parts, and fairly low-energy. But again, the games looked good for what was there, the pricing and release is totally fine, and the messaging was pretty clear.

Overall... B- imo.

Did I miss anything major? This is just off the top of my head. I guess the launch lineup seems a little anemic atm, but Zelda is there so it doesn't really bother me.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So close to two rows and four corners...
switch bingo results.jpg

Thoughts on the presentation (see if I can remember everything)

MARCH 3RD RELEASE DATE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!

$300.00
-That's reasonable!

Paid Online
-....but is it good online?

Battery life
-2.5-6 hrs....not bad actually...

No Region Locking
-Doesn't affect me whatsoever but YAY!

1, 2 Switch
-guess we should've expected something like this...The Switch's Wii Sports/Nintendoland

Arms
-wot? Looks, kind of interesting, but it feels....off (INB4 ARMS character 4 Smash)
I dunno I'll need to see more but this might be a pick and play once or twice and never touch again game...

Splatoon 2
-saw this coming, turns out it's a straight sequel and not a port, which is cool....some interesting new mechanics added

Super Mario Assassin's Creed Odyssey
-This looks pretty frikking fun tbh...Holiday release sucks but I guess it would sort of compete with Zelda in a way so it does make some kind of sense...

Xenoblade 2
-YES!!!!

Fire Emblem Warriors
-YES!!!

Square Enix stuff
-y u no FFVIIR?

Skyrim
-well duh...of course it was coming to the Switch, but what else does Bethesda have planned?

FIFA
-....ur not Mass Effect

Zelda!?
release date?
oh its Miyamoto...
release date?

oh its Aonuma
release date?

oh back to Kimishima
RELEASE DATE?!

5 min long trailer
REL-

OMG IT'S ZELDA!!!!!!

....and Zora's confirmed!!!

....and more amazing music....and a whole lot of me wanting to play this game....

ok I get it we're all hyped for Zelda but give me the dam....
MARCH 3RD RELEASE DATE HYPE!!!!!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Deep breathing.
No way, No way, NO WAY HOLY SH*T

Oh my god; that's huge! Although I'm still not seeing a port of the game... Then again, would this confirm that both Melee on VC AND Smash Switch/the port is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom