• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Everything seems to be super mixed.

Seems to be a "I loved the presentation" or "I hated it" in most places.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hmm.... I just remembered that the Smash Bros. Facebook page did like the Nintendo Switch Facebook page a couple of months ago. Perhaps that was meant to be a first sign of the game's existence?

If that's the case, I guess I feel a bit better about all this. Out of curiosity, has anyone see any tweets/posts from other websites and such about anything related to the game for the past few hours or so? I promise this will be the last time I will ask this (for now).
There have been a deluge of people who are (still) reputable leakers confirm the existence of the port. I'm sure it's a thing, and I'm also equally sure we won't hear about it until E3. Unless we somehow get a direct between then and now, but I don't believe that to be in the cards.

Edit: Past few hours, no. I imagine they'll say it's still on track as reported when asked.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

There are some aspects of the thing that felt really fun and goofy in the classic Nintendo way. However, some of the woes involving the translators really soured the experience. I'd say enjoyed it overall with some caveats.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I'm in the liked it but there's some issues ballpark.

Still a buy but I'm in no rush

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Hmm.... I just remembered that the Smash Bros. Facebook page did like the Nintendo Switch Facebook page a couple of months ago. Perhaps that was meant to be a first sign of the game's existence?

If that's the case, I guess I feel a bit better about all this. Out of curiosity, has anyone see any tweets/posts from other websites and such about anything related to the game for the past few hours or so? I promise this will be the last time I will ask this (for now).
If there was any Smash news, Smashboards would know. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You can have old back grounds in Ultra SF2. Old sprites too, which I was worried about.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know if anyone posted this here yet, but here is the Breath of the Wild trailer featuring the English Dub:

Sounds alright. Turns out the "Open your Eyes" voice was indeed Zelda the whole time. After hearing more of her dubbed voice, she's okay. Crying scene didn't sound as good as the Japanese version though, but 'll probably warm up to it overtime.
Honestly I thought the crying was a lot better in the English one. It felt a lot less...awkward.

Opossum Opossum I suggest a new poll for the thread about the new announcements
Working on it! Ideally it'll be up some time tomorrow. It's late here. :p

Chrono.

I've never bought a console day 1.

In any other case it would've been the same here but I almost have enough money for it and BOTW looks that good to me.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
I checked imageboards, and there's no R34 beautiful artwork of the new Zelda yet.
Ye failed me, artists.

but at least found these.
That second one is my new wall paper. Thanks.

I feel like a hipster saying this but it was alright. I mean, the presentation itself, the games, Godlike. Top notch. 10/10. But ironically the rumors that got me actually pretty excited for the presentation really ruined it in the end.

For anyone that knows, remember that Smash direct that Ryu and Roy were announced and they were leaked literally the day before. Remember the "I mean, I already saw that". I do. That's what this was.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still as excited as Etika seeing cloud in smash but it kinda was dimmed compared if there were no leaks at least theoretically. But that's the nature of the internet, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I don't know if anyone posted this here yet, but here is the Breath of the Wild trailer featuring the English Dub:

Sounds alright. Turns out the "Open your Eyes" voice was indeed Zelda the whole time. After hearing more of her dubbed voice, she's okay. Crying scene didn't sound as good as the Japanese version though, but 'll probably warm up to it overtime.
The english dub sounds pretty good. If anything, I'd wish for a dual language option. The whole thing just screams classic Ghibli films. The Japanese VA work just works so well with it.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
1,2 Switch might as well be called 1,2 Cringe.

I hope they don't spend too much TV advertising money on that lol.
People don't want a re-named wii sports/party ting.

Chrono.

1,2 Switch might as well be called 1,2 Cringe.

I hope they don't spend too much TV advertising money on that lol.
People don't want a re-named wii sports/party ting.
If it's the game bundled with the Switch you'll probably get it like it or not.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yellowlord Yellowlord If I could be blunt with you and sorry if this is rude, I dont mean to but grabbing at smash bros straws will only make you feel worst when nothing happens conserning the game.

Its best to slowly accept that we probably will not get smash news for a while now and wait it out. I mean this in the nicest way I can say it.
Hell man, I dont even know is Sakurai still works with nintendo at this point

I probably dont know what Im talking about right now bit I mean no ill feelings

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't watch the presentation, but saw some of the trailers. My reactions to certain games can be summed up as...

Super Mario Odyssey - Cool.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Oh, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, and Inkling are in this. And Battle Mode no longer sucks. Okay.
Breath of the Wild - Cool.
Xenoblade 2 - Cool. This reminds me more of the first game. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that they decided not to go with a sequel or port of X, considering that game's sales.
Super Bomberman R - So we now know Konami's fully supporting the Switch and not just releasing Virtual Console games and the occasional sports game. The game itself looks okay. Better idea for a launch title than Metal Gear Survive.
Ultra Street Fighter II - WHAT?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yellowlord Yellowlord If I could be blunt with you and sorry if this is rude, I dont mean to but grabbing at smash bros straws will only make you feel worst when nothing happens conserning the game.

Its best to slowly accept that we probably will not get smash news for a while now and wait it out. I mean this in the nicest way I can say it.
Hell man, I dont even know is Sakurai still works with nintendo at this point
I understand what you mean. And even though I would of liked the game to have been teased at the very least, maybe that'll happen in the next month or so? Sure, that may be slightly grasping at straws as you said, but its not bad to guess. Either way, don't worry; I completely understand that you were not wanting to be rude.

Sakurai is working on another project at the moment from what I recall. And in terms of his relationship with Nintendo, he technically is apart of them.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The blond girl on the XBC2 trailer reminds me of KOS-MOS
nofear.png

Nice Xenoreference I guess

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I loved the presentation, but the lack of showing launch titles scared me. BotW was really good though, and Bomberman is back baby!!! Great stuff!!! The paper cut out hames looks mildly intersing so I'll glance it over. Also, the Switch comes out one day before my birthday. Its gonna be awesome!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just watched the presentation.

..............................Meh.

The console itself looks cool. I'm satisfied with the features.

Super Mario Odyssey looks amazing and save for having no Rosalina appearance/cameo as of yet (which I didn't expect) and not yet confirming Luigi co-op, looks like everything I wanted from the new Mario game.

Splatoon 2 looks cool, BotW trailer was cool and of course I'm still excited for that. Xenoblade 2 intrigues me. And Fire Emblem Warriors will be great, even if it wasn't my personal first pick for a Warriors game. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be fun and they seem to be adding a lot of what was missing from the original, plus cool things like Inklings and the Splatoon battle arena.

And 1-2 Switch and Arms look fun as novel things. Haven't done research yet, but they seem like they should be pack ins, or installed on the system.

..........But is BotW SERIOUSLY the only major launch title? Because honestly, unless they have more launch titles, then this will be one of the worst console reveals in history.

The terrible translation job that killed the energy and nearly put me right back to sleep, did not help.

And got damn, all the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe footage just shows Rosalina being chucked by shells (yes, I kept an eye out :V). :c

I might pre-order the Switch version of BotW and the Master Edition at that, if I can get it. But I will likely get the console later.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I thought the grandma voice (impa?) sounded better in Japanese too, haha.

Still all good tho.
I think the grandma voice could be one of those sages Link will meet in the story. Impa is probably that red-haired girl that stood next to Link at one point in the trailer. She looked much like a Sheikah and even held an instrument (could be something else though) of some sort (probably a reference to Skyward Sword Impa because that Impa used harps).

Honestly I thought the crying was a lot better in the English one. It felt a lot less...awkward.
Personally, I thought the crying in the Japanese version sounded more dramatic, like Zelda lost everything in some kind of cataclysm that destroyed Hyrule. The English voice sounded despaired too, but it didn't give me chills like the way Zelda's Japanese voice actress did.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm really sad that Mario launches in like 11 months because I want it now.

Same goes for all in the presentation.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just realized that DBXV2 will technically be on the go now. ****, that's actually cool.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyway, I think I'll go back to watching the Mega Man Legend Speedrun from ADGQ '17. Never saw one from that game.

I did like the Mega Man 1 4-way race speedrun from earlier. And the Shovel Knight race was pretty sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom