• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Not gonna lie, but some of the jokes and memes following Arms's reveal are pretty funny.:laugh:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

That transformation does have an anime-vibe to it when put with the context of that message.

There's even an Arms joke that features Jojo.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh.

I just found out the SMT5 teaser had Mara in it.

I guess that's what "age sensitive" content was referring to... LOL

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My hype for the Switch has completely died out after seeing the price and looking more into the whole paid online thing.

I'm so disappointed :/
The lack of launch window games and overall lack of exclusives didn't do it for you? Not to mention Suda51 translator?

Or was that just me?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why is it that things in other countries are so gosh darn expensive?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yayyyyy

bingobingo.png

Almost didn't make it there... though I suspect analog triggers, VC, and exclusive BotW features will be revealed soon.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Why is it that things in other countries are so gosh darn expensive?
Importing, taxes, currency conversion, more taxes and a tax the retailer can make to gain more.
I got used to it tbh.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The lack of launch window games and overall lack of exclusives didn't do it for you? Not to mention Suda51 translator?

Or was that just me?
To be fair, it seems while the other speakers spoke from a script, the speaker for Suda51 went improv, which makes the task of translating the much harder.

Chrono.

Suda51 is a wacky and funny dude which makes the translator thing more disappointing. But yeah it's not really his fault.

Plus we're getting NMH3 anyway.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Maaaaaan the honeymoon period for this wearing off is gonna sting since reception was 80% negative already. I expect it to be 99% negative by morning.

Meanwhile I'm the one person who gets more OK with what they're looking at instead of less over time, so I'm going to be alone as usual and listening to Nintendo crash in slow motion.

Presentation was a trainwreck but we've still got Treehouse to go and there's a whole lot of leaks still in the oven. I hope Ninty's sped up PR crew knows how to work, they're gonna need to. Best case scenario the high price lets me get a preorder and then they drop it through the floor in a few months profits be darned, I knew listening to it was going to be a nightmare even without Nintendo joining the nickel and dime club.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I am honestly questioning whether or not Nintendo Treehouse will reveal any new games for us tomorrow that we haven't already seen. What do you guys think? Apparently, they have revealed new stuff in the past, so I suppose its not impossible.

I probably asked this before, but since this thread has calmed down, I wanted to ask again.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I am honestly questioning whether or not Nintendo Treehouse will reveal any new games for us tomorrow that we haven't already seen. What do you guys think?

I probably asked this before, but since this thread has calmed down, I wanted to ask again.
They probably won't, but it could always happen.

We got 7 weeks till it comes out so I'll be shocked if NO games get announced.

Just don't expect anything major.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The game boxes look nice though.

Lol 1 2 Switch. Just stahp.
Nintendo, please save the Switch from the brink. Coricus needs her a Kid Icarus game with a cover that has that kind of care to it. Or heck, even just other games in general.

Nintendo stay in the console business. ;-;

Chrono.

Shipping might make the price jump up close to the base price we have here in Australia though.

It's kind of difficult really, the only time I can possibly get the Switch that isn't at Christmas this year is pre-ordering it.

I dunno what to do.
Christmas could be a good bet because holiday sales and bundles and also that monster of a Mario game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
AU$189.95 for BotW Master Edition.

I'll stick to the normal edition thanks. Just wish there was a BotW bundle.

AU$470 for the Switch. I payed that much recently for a PS4 WITH games.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maaaaaan the honeymoon period for this wearing off is gonna sting since reception was 80% negative already. I expect it to be 99% negative by morning.

Meanwhile I'm the one person who gets more OK with what they're looking at instead of less over time, so I'm going to be alone as usual and listening to Nintendo crash in slow motion.

Presentation was a trainwreck but we've still got Treehouse to go and there's a whole lot of leaks still in the oven. I hope Ninty's sped up PR crew knows how to work, they're gonna need to. Best case scenario the high price lets me get a preorder and then they drop it through the floor in a few months profits be darned, I knew listening to it was going to be a nightmare even without Nintendo joining the nickel and dime club.
This Neogaf?

Cause honestly, Reddit which was so positive before did not like the presentation.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Oh boy, negative reception over the price of a new console that's portable.

Meanwhile, I'll be at GameStop tomorrow morning for the preorder. Can't wait for many of the games coming out on it. BotW will keep me busy, and Bomberman also come out in March so that's 2 games for me. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will follow in April.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
So much hype in that stream. The new Mario looks awesome and I like the look of FE Warriors.

Though I'm not fond of Nintendo restricting their new Mario Kart 8 content. Reminder that everyone hyped for that new content has to buy a new console for the right to actually use it.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
So much hype in that stream. The new Mario looks awesome and I like the look of FE Warriors.

Though I'm not fond of Nintendo restricting their new Mario Kart 8 content. Reminder that everyone hyped for that new content has to buy a new console for the right to actually use it.
There's no initiative to buy the the new one if everything just comes out in the WiiU. Of course this was to be expected. Once again, it looks like they've outdone themselves with the Mario Kart 8 content. Glad to see the Inklings in it too

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This Neogaf?

Cause honestly, Reddit which was so positive before did not like the presentation.
Oh gosh, I hadn't even checked Reddit yet. I doubt there's any place with any ray of hope right now, though.

Nintendo rammed into the ground hard and I'm scared for their future.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The disadvantage of MSRP is that... is MSRP; Suggested, not Enforced.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well that's up to you. :p

Personally I'm fine waiting for it with the Switch because I dislike it's performance on the Wii U.
I can see that.

The only problem is, if I do get the Switch, what am I going to play? It'll end up sitting there collecting dust for months until I can get a game for it; especially since I can't get both the Switch AND Zelda.

I kinda wish there was a place in Australia where I could buy **** like the Switch cheap, somehow >_>

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
There's no initiative to buy the the new one if everything just comes out in the WiiU. Of course this was to be expected. Once again, it looks like they've outdone themselves with the Mario Kart 8 content. Glad to see the Inklings in it too
You shouldn't act like it's a good thing for Nintendo to arbitrarily restrict content to ports. Otherwise, Nintendo will know people are happy with that and do it more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom