• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait.

The free NES/SNES game you get from the subscription has online features?

That's kind of mind boggling.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So I saw the Nintendo Switch presentation...

I honestly thought 1-2 Switch was going to be Wild Gunman sequel because of cowboys drawing their guns at the beginning. :4duckhunt:

Super Mario Odyssey looks interesting. I thought the city was New York City. It's so strange seeing real life humans in a Mario game. I always thought that if we ever see humans in a Mario game, they would be cartoony like Mario and Peach. It reminds me of Sonic Adventure where there were real life humans in a real life city and they aesthetically clashed with Sonic. The game needs more Toads, at least.

Also, the new gimmick is... Mario throwing his hat like a boomerang and using it as a springboard? Umm... okay?

Splatoon 2 looks fun. I see new clothes and hairstyles. How nice.

Is that a new Fire Emblem game? And it's going to be like Hyrule Warriors but with Fire Emblem characters? I think I saw Chrom. Maybe he's the main character like Link.

So... Xenoblade 2... is this the actual sequel to the original Xenoblade Chronicles? The Wii U game doesn't count?

Arms is a lame name but the game looks interesting. When I first saw Spring Man and Ribbon Girl battling in some arena, I immediately thought " yeah, they totally are going to be in the next Super Smash Bros."

Zelda Breath of the Wild still looks good but it doesn't excite me. I just haven't felt enthusiastic about console Zelda games since Skyward Sword disappointed me and put me to sleep. I still hope it plays better than Skyward Sword and that the world isn't too empty like the trailers showed.

I'm very excited about Dragon Quest X and XI. I also can't wait to get Dragon Quest VIII next week!

Oh, the Nintendo Switch controllers look too small for my hands. I hope they are more comfortable than they look. Nice to see they come in red and blue, too.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know..

Let me make a list... Everyone make one!

DO WANT:
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Splatoon 2
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Sonic 2017
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Sonic Mania
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Blaze Bue
  • Tales of

MAYBE WANT:
  • Arms
  • Dragon Quest X
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Skyrim
  • Shin Megami Tensei
  • Project Octopath
  • Dragon Quest Heroes I and II
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers
  • Fast Racing Neo
  • Bomberman
  • Disgaea 5 Complete

OH GOSH WHY:
  • 1,2 Switch
  • Fifa

I have never actually played any Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei, No More Heroes or Disgaea games. Any good ways to start those series?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So... Xenoblade 2... is this the actual sequel to the original Xenoblade Chronicles? The Wii U game doesn't count?
I saw this comment made by people on NeoGAF a couple of times, but since I'm not a member there, I may as well give the explanation here and hope it helps anyone that sees.

Just as a PSA, every RPG made by Monolith Soft will be called Xenoblade regardless of whether or not the plot is related. It's their signature title and the mark of shared themes such as Nopon and Telethia, not an indication that all games take place in the same plotline in the same universe.

XCX was an entirely unrelated story in a (probably, people are tossing around fan theories and there's a couple of weird things) unrelated universe about humans who fled earth due to it being caught in the crossfire of an alien war ending up on an alien planet and fighting against one of the two groups responsible.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
DO WANT:

-Splatoon
-Breath of the Wild
-Super Mario Odyssee
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

MAYBE:
-ARMS
-Sonic Mania
-Sonic 2017
-Bomberman
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-Ultra Street Fighter II

NAH:
-The rest

One thing that worried me was how they had to explain how the Joy-Cons work for every single game

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Bomberman R
Super Mario Kart 8+

If I get Sonic Mania, I'd probably get it on the Switch

Is Sonic 2017 Confirmed for the Switch?

Nothing else

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Bomberman R
Super Mario Kart 8+

If I get Sonic Mania, I'd probably get it on the Switch

Is Sonic 2017 Confirmed for the Switch?

Nothing else
Sonic 2017 was confirmed for the Switch before it was even CALLED a Switch.

But in case there's any doubt, it's teaser footage flashed by during the third party montage as well.

D

Deleted member

Want in particular (because I don't feel like making a long list):

Super Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild
Xenoblade 2
Sonic Mania

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am Setsuna is apparently coming to Switch as well.

Never played it. Is it any good?

Also, that means Square has 4 games on the Switch announced before the console even launches.

That's kind of a big deal.

D

Deleted member

I am Setsuna is apparently coming to Switch as well.

Never played it. Is it any good?

Also, that means Square has 4 games on the Switch announced before the console even launches.

That's kind of a big deal.
Already an improvement from their Wii U support, which, to my knowledge, was only two games (Dragon Quest X and Deus Ex: Human Revolution).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh yeah I forgot about the Dragon Quest

I'll probably get DQ XI

Assuming it comes to the US (DQ X)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Already an improvement from their Wii U support, which, to my knowledge, was only two games (Dragon Quest X and Deus Ex: Human Revolution).
There was a Dragon Quest game on the Wii U?

ARMS seems pretty deep.
You can select different characters with different abilities and on top of that choose your arm, with each arm having different quips as well.
Where are ya getting this info from?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Alright, cauht up with everything.
Thoughts.

The $300 price tag is... okay. No much to say.
The Joycon is designed pretty well.
The rumble and immersion feature was a little hard to grasp. I'm not sure what he meant by being able to sense 1-3 ice cubes in a glass. :confused:
The introduction to 1-2 Switch made think it was Wild Gunman HD at first. :laugh:
SPLATOON 2! Looks pretty nice for a sequel, but it's obviously reusing the engine and assets. (Not necessarily a bad thing.)
Super Mario Odyssey aka Grand Theft Mario :p - Initial reaction: WTF is Mario doing in a city. I seriously hope it doesn't become the next Sunshine due to its weirdness. Riding a lion tho. The setting and bosses are really... not Mario. Let's see how this pans out.
Monolith Soft Logo - Oh God, Xenoblade 3? Okay... so this is Xenoblade 2? >_>
OH MY GOODNESS. Fire Emblem Warriors. YES YES YES YES.
The new Squeenix RPG looks good too.
Good to see Switchrim confirmed.
Suda51 is one weird person. Okay, Travis Touchdown huh? Okay.
Oh wow, wasn't expecting EA to be there. And wow, didn't know Bill Trinen speaks Japanese. He sounds so natural too.
Alright, so FIFA is coming to Switch. yaaaay....
Satoru Shibata's Engrish is great. :p
Huh, Miyamoto acknowledged the thumbs up meme. lol
BOTW looks amazing. I really felt like I was watching an adventure anime, I'll be honest. :laugh: Oh God, it's a launch title too.

So we have three vast open world games - Skyrim, BOTW and Xenoblade. That's pretty impressive.

Fire Emblem Warriors was definitely the highlight for me.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, I'm locked in. Having someone get me the Switch at launch as a gift. I was a bit worried about not securing one prior to the presentation, but one of the few benefits of everyone ragequitting simultaneously is that it's not even remotely a problem finding a preorder now. Nintendo was right to only send out 2 million and they still overshot it, it seems.

Going to preorder BotW for myself now since that's the only title with a date that's announced and isn't ballparked at bare minimum three months after launch that I'll actually want. Everything goes on the choo-choo express so it's straight to my doorstep on March 3rd.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently people don't seem to understand my like for Fire Emblem's gameplay more than characters

Preferring to like character classes more than characters

I don't really view them as much more than the classes

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm ultimately interested only in BotW and Fire Emblem Warriors for now.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know what would be an absolute riot?

If Treehouse stealth-announced a couple of additional games and one of them hit a dedicated enough niche for a small group of people to start scrambling to preorder the Switch.

It probably won't happen, but it'd be hilarious.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So about the online, do you need to pay to access the eshop? Cause otherwise I don't care.

Plus anybody got a link to the treehouse and when it starts in the UK timezone?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm interested on the reception of Skyrim from the Nintendo boys and girls who never played the series before. Morrowind would of been a better beginning for them, IMO, but Skyrim is a great game nonetheless.

These other games I hold no interest in. Mainly cause I was unable to watch the presentation. All I know is that BotW was there, Splat2n is a thing and the most obvious warriors crossover was confirmed.

And apparently Bowser's ya boy. :bowsermelee:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So about the online, do you need to pay to access the eshop? Cause otherwise I don't care.

Plus anybody got a link to the treehouse and when it starts in the UK timezone?
No, you don't have to pay to access the Eshop, it was outlined that you wouldn't have to.

I don't know your timezone offhand, but Treehouse starts in about an hour and fifty minutes, so that doesn't need a timezone to be said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI

Here ya go. There's even a countdown if you need to double check how much longer it will take before airing at any time.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Look at all these fresh squids.

I'm getting the feeling these might be all of them, in which case they got every tentacle style out in the open right off the bat. Not sure how that's gonna pan out.

On a less serious note, I'm also somewhat medically concerned about the last young man in the second image upon seeing him from behind. While the others simply opt for different arrangements, his is as though his tentacles have melted into his head and then he's been sliced into.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
On a less serious note, I'm also somewhat medically concerned about the last young man in the second image upon seeing him from behind. While the others simply opt for different arrangements, his is as though his tentacles have melted into his head and then he's been sliced into.
Being fresh has its price. :4wendy:

The only thing Splatoon-wise I hope makes a comeback right now are those Miiverse messages you can leave above your head in the plaza. That was honestly the funniest thing because I use to spend time lurking the plaza just to fill my daily dose of memes. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, He could be there to represent the crazier things humans do to their bodies. :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
You know..

Let me make a list... Everyone make one!

DO WANT:
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Splatoon 2
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Sonic 2017
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Sonic Mania
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Blaze Bue
  • Tales of

MAYBE WANT:
  • Arms
  • Dragon Quest X
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Skyrim
  • Shin Megami Tensei
  • Project Octopath
  • Dragon Quest Heroes I and II
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers
  • Fast Racing Neo
  • Bomberman
  • Disgaea 5 Complete

OH GOSH WHY:
  • 1,2 Switch
  • Fifa

I have never actually played any Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei, No More Heroes or Disgaea games. Any good ways to start those series?
DO WANT category:
Super Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Skyrim
Fire Emblem Warriors
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Sonic Mania
Dragon Quest XI
Shin Megami Tensei game
Project Octopath

Maybe want category:
No More Heroes 3
Dragon Quest X
Ultra Street Fighter 2: Final Challengers
Blazblue (Hoping Guilty Gear joins the line up too)
1-2 Switch
Disgaea

Not for me Category
EA's Fifa games
Tales of

Hypothetical DO WANT games:
Punch-Out!!
Smash Bros for Switch.
Mysterious Murasame Castle game
New game from Platinum Games
A Blizzard game like Overwatch or Hearthstone.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
From now on I'm calling that missile launcher special the War Destroyer.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Being fresh has its price. :4wendy:

The only thing Splatoon-wise I hope makes a comeback right now are those Miiverse messages you can leave above your head in the plaza. That was honestly the funniest thing because I use to spend time lurking the plaza just to fill my daily dose of memes. :troll:
Unfortunately it seems judging by leaks and general circumstances that Miiverse isn't making a comeback, so that's probably one of the less likely things to come back.

If everyone looks upon it as fondly as you then I'm sure some brave soul will take it upon themselves to migrate some level of Miiverse memeing activity to the internet, though. Not as many or as much, but surely some memes will live on from it's legacy.

Not that the new stuff is half bad. The initial Switch trailer stage is a bit hard to identify, but there was a concert stage map and an indoor rock climbing map. There was also a new dual wielding weapon class that has double dodging as a gimmick, and they added a singleplayer movement gimmick that would allow for extra strategy to a veteran map that I remember people complaining about in it's unaltered form.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, I didn't get to watch the Switch presentation Live since I was driving for about 10-12+ hours yesterday, but I'm watching it this morning. Here are my thoughts as the presentation goes on.
  • Alright, 03 03 2017. That's pretty soon. and for $300? That's not too bad. Same as the Xbox One S.
  • Paid online. Guess it was only a matter of time before they started charging for it. Can't blame them though.
  • No more region locking? Awesome to know that they've listened to us!
  • I love how the presentation swaps presenters using a Switch pun and a snap.
  • A little bit of every console? Switch chimera confirmed. Really like the idea behind it, though.
  • Battery life ranging from 2.5-6.5 hours depending on the game? Not bad. Probably will be an average 3 hours or so.
  • Screenshot and future video capture with a single button press? That's ****ing awesome!
  • "Pardon me" *sits on couch* - Hey, you do you, man.
  • Love the magic tricks for presenting the different colors and add-ons. Love they they're keeping customization in mind.
  • A strap-slide that makes the JoyCon a little bit bigger is freaking brilliant. The sensors in the thing look very improved.
  • So, One-Two Switch looks like its going to the the Wii Play/Sports of the Switch, and it looks pretty fun as well.
  • As someone who boxes for hours on end daily, this Arms game looks incredible. If done right, it'll be great for exercise, too.
  • So, Splatoon 2 two years after the first? Interesting. Gameplay looks vastly improved with lots of new things to try out.
  • Mario in a world with regular people? Freerunning? Multi-world exploration? Super Mario Odyssey looks great!
  • Monolith Soft? Isn't that the developers of... yep. Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Looks like I have more reason to play XC1.
  • Ugh, more Fire Emblem? Yeah, I'll pass. But it looks like Chrom is coming back. New Smash newcomer?
  • The hell is this Atlus & Sega game? Wait, Square Enix, too? Project Octopath Traveler? Looks weird.
  • My man Todd Howard! Skyrim for Switch was already confirmed, but its still awesome to be able to take Skyrim anywhere.
  • Shouting man from Grasshopper. Okay. So, is this a new No Heroes game? Interesting.
  • FIFA coming to switch. Never cared much for sports games, so I'll pass.
  • Wow, the Switch comes bundled with just about everything. Switch looks pretty good.
  • Loved the Nintendo of America and Europe portions. Shows a lot of character behind the company.
  • Breath of the Wild trailer looks amazing. Even gave me chills. And its coming out... ON LAUNCH DAY? HOLY ****!
All in all, the Switch looks pretty damn good. Lots of interesting games coming out, with a lot of potential for all of them. Can't wait to hear even more about what is to come! Just glad this didn't turn out to be a Bait-and-Switch.
*snaps*
I'm out of here.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Unfortunately it seems judging by leaks and general circumstances that Miiverse isn't making a comeback, so that's probably one of the less likely things to come back.
Firat time I've heard of this. :4megaman: Eh. Not a big deal. I'll find my memes elsewhere. Like at the disco or something. I'm sure there will be some form of replacement anyways.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. Maybe not quite as harshly but yeah, the reveal wasn't much better than the Wii U's for me (I at least got excited for the INITIAL Wii U reveal while it was happening).

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't understand how people are having such a hard time understanding the rumble function of the Joy-Cons, but I guess I was the one person interested in that anyway.

Different vibrations simulate different actions. 1 2 Switch as a game doesn't seem appealing enough to me to be worth a buy, but as a demonstration of the tech the things simulated in it are at times absurdly specific. This could be the kind of gimmick that could simulate everything from the angle of a weapon clash to swimming through flowing water with some degree of accuracy, and I'd love to see the tactile gimmick applied as an immersion feature on otherwise normal games.

D

Deleted member

Worst console reveal ever? *Flashbacks to Xbox One unveiling*

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Worst console reveal ever? *Flashbacks to Xbox One unvealing*

I know it's fun to **** on stuff like that, but having Call of Duty (says it in the title) alone makes it a better reveal. And I don't even like Call of Duty.

Maybe listen to the entire video first to see why he actually thinks this.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm actually really looking forward to ARMS.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

If the motion controls are good enough that it actually feels like punching, then it could be really, REALLY fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom