• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Here, you guys need some stuff to keep your strength up. Have a GIF I saw on NeoGAF.

If nothing else, the Switch's screen is an absolute beauty.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
If anything, I'll wait until Mario launched to get the Switch. By then a decent amount of games should be out plus I'd avoid any launch time woes. Buying consoles on launch always was a bit of a fool's proposition in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I totally forgot to mention this, but I beat White 2 recently. I never actually posted any update about my progress (I'm not talking about that attempted Nuzlocke of mine - I deleted my save file since then) so I'll talk about it a little.
I cut this playthrough when Sun and Moon came out, and I intended to continue playing it later but due to the death of my 3DS, I was unable to do so. However, I found my old 3DS recently (A regular 3DS XL) and continued it.
My team was:
- Still the best Unova starter. I normally like having variety with my teams, and I did use Emboar in my last playthrough of White 2 but Samurott is easily the best. I admit it wasn't used that much but it did its job very well.
- Always a great Pokemon to have on the team. Not much to say here.
- This is my second time using Krookodile. I used it in my last White 2 playthrough (Along with Mangezone) and it was a pretty viable member of my team, thanks to Moxie. This time, I got an Adamant Krookodile that was one of the best members of my team. If Iris' stupid Haxorus didn't have a Focus Sash attached, it wouldn't have lived to beat my Krookodile.
- Along with Samurott, Chandelure was one of the 2 Pokemon I used on both this playthrough of W2 and in my Black playthrough a while ago. There's really not much to say - it was still as amazing as ever. It OHKO'd almost everything in its path, and it was Hasty so it outsped a bunch of Pokemon. I won't stop saying this - Chandelure is the best Pokemon ever created. To me, at least.
- Up until now, I've only mentioned Pokemon that I've used in the past. Metagross is a different story. It was a late additon to my team and ate a bunch of my Pokeballs, until I caught it with a Timer Ball. Then I Rare Candy'd it and got one of the strongest Pokemon I've ever used. Metagross did not disappoint - it hits like a truck and if it's not quite enough - Bullet Punch to the face. Wasn't as amazing of a Bullet Punch as Scizor's but it still felt great. It was easily one of the best members of my team. Metagross has not only secured its place as my new favorite Steel type, but also as one of my top 10 favorite Pokemon overall.
And last, and also least...
- My least used team member, and the only one that I actually kinda regret picking up. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't very good either. It doesn't get many good moves, and its typing isn't amazing offensively or defensively. As a result, mine spent most of the time chilling in the back of my party. It didn't contribute anything in the Pokemon League (I made the mistake of thinking it could deal with Iris' Hydreigon with Jump Kick. It didn't even live to attack it) and was the only member of my team to have this honor. That said, it was useful at times, specifically against Pokemon that are 4x weak to Grass, but I could've done wihout it. I actually feel kinda bad about saying this.
They all had nicknames but I don't feel like sharing them.
I'm now trying to do the post game but I don't feel very motivated.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
A day ago I didn't think this thing could do any worse than the Wii U.

Now I'm really not sure at all.

Too many bad anecdotes piling up.

I'm getting really worried Nintendo drove themselves out of the hardware business with all this, and considering most of the games of theirs I like would never get sequels outside of it. . .

D

Deleted member

For now, I'll probably focus on getting games I missed out on for systems I currently own before buying another one.
Buying consoles on launch always was a bit of a fool's proposition in the first place.
^This. And I'm guilty of buying a few systems at launch myself.

D

Deleted member

****, I just realised
>Ribbon Girl
I hope she doesn't lose her head
Derrick from GameXplain confirmed a traditional button control scheme on his Twitter
This game just went from 10 to 100 simply with a control scheme

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The real suprise for me was Bomberman. Since when did Konami care about... anything really?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
European retailers are trying to sell it for €350.

This has no pack-in game.

If I wanted to say, play Arms with my family at launch, it's €60 for Arms, plus €80 for a second pair of Joy-Cons.

€490 total. PS4 Pro + LEGO Dimensions (Supergirl Edition) cost me €440. My 49" 4K SmartTV w/HDR cost €520.

There is no defense for that.

(Yes, I'm aware of the traditional control scheme, but it's not the main, advertised way to play the game, and people like my brother and sister would prefer a pair of Joy-Cons to use themselves. It's meant to have the Wii Sports type appeal).

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If I do get the Switch then I'm making sure I'd get:
  • BoftW
  • DQ 11
  • FE Warriors
Those would take sooooooooo long to finish I imagine so that's great.

Maybe:
Mario Oddyssey, MK8 , Splatoon.
If I choose MK8, I wouldn't get Splatoon and vica versa.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well since the lot of you are pessimists I guess it's time for me to be the optimist again and say hell yeah this'll do better than the WiiU!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well since the lot of you are pessimists I guess it's time for me to be the optimist again and say hell yeah this'll do better than the WiiU!
I'm not saying it will do worse than the Wii U (though it objectively can't sell that much at launch because Nintendo is limiting stock).

I just think, so far, it isn't a huge step up from it. The console itself has fine, but Nintendo has not improved their business practices.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm gonna get it NEAR launch, avoiding day 1 problems and the worst of retailer gouging.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Final opinions

• Paid online suuuuuuucks
  • 1-2-Switch is blatantly not made for me
  • ARMS actually looks really fun
  • Mario Odyssey is like. . beautiful man. I have very high hopes for this one.
  • Splatoon 2. I wanted a real sequel. I GOT a real sequel. New campaign confirmed. We got single player gear like ink rails in regular maps. All new weapons. It's going to be spectacular. (Holy **** chargers can hold a charge through swimming in ink)
  • Fire Emblem warriors made me do unholy things. I thought it was a pipe dream. I thought mario Warriors was inevitable. but I was SO DAMN WRONG AND I LOVE IT. Chrom alone is hype but there are plenty of character we still need to see. Hoping for Roy and Lyn but speculating for that is another time haha.
  • Got some square stuff so good start
  • Inklings in mario kart + splatoon stage is hype as **** (shoo-in for smash :p)
  • XENO
    ****ING
    BLADE
    If this is a legit continuation of the story I will buy a switch. Like. . .no question. I mean jeez I really didn't expect this one, or at least not this soon. Im so hyped for this one it isn't even funny. Like damn. A seuel to my second favorite of all time. On the go. Hot damn. I mean. wow this, FE and Splat blew me away like no other. Legit super hyped about these babies.
  • Zelda still looks good. I wonder if we are back to old woman Impa (RIP smash chances again if so)
  • SERIOUSLY ****ING XENOBLADE GUYS :4shulk:
In the end, 300 sucks and we have like 0 knowledge of the day one launch games. Games like DBZ are hype because the list is so broad but for 300 and paying for online I dont think im a Day one buy just yet even if I reallllllllllllllllly want the big 3 i talked about.

Final result: still wait and see. awkward presentation
Wow gee, trying to look at Smashboards, Youtube, Twitter and other websites on how people thought about the presentation is really a long time...
Since your comment appeared on my alerts, here are my thoughts:
-So Koizumi was mainly the host for this presentation, I wasn't expected this, prehaps some do but I don't.
-Translator got a bit of problem at the middle of the presentation. Can't blame him cuz this time it's a very long presentation.
-Agreed with you, I was disappointed when I saw that on the overflown Nintendo Switch website
-At first looked cool, later I expected that everyone is going have problems on this game, but hey unlike Wii, Nintendo Switch isn't mainly about motion controls, this is optional.
-ARMS was the first game that got me hyped for somehow, it's probably the most underrated game for now in my opinion.
-Mario was in a world that everyone thought he was in GTA, I'm really curious about the game's plot.
-Splatoon 2 compare to Splatoon way more potential of being a competitive game. Weapons a more wild and unpredictable. Title feels a bit dull, and no Octoling playable for now...
-Fire Emblem Warriors I need to see the gameplay and then I can be hyped. I want Ike in too.
-Since that Square game is made by BraveDefault creators, I will give it a try.
-Inking in Mariokart? Who would have thought?
-YES... Xenoblade 2! At first because of how new the character's look was (It's... how can I say it, more like Tales vibe but better?) I was a bit doubt until I saw Tetsuya Takahashi, I immediately said: This IS Xenoblade. I think another new story would be better. Again, game title could be better, but hey, I'm hyped for this game too.

Besides of paid online, price slightly a bit disappointed yeah.
This presentation I still say: Barely nailed it, could done better. BUT I'm satisfied. Can't wait for E3 to know more game coming to Switch..

D

Deleted member

The real suprise for me was Bomberman. Since when did Konami care about... anything really?
I'd honestly be more surprised if a new Castlevania game got announced for the Switch. Lords of Shadow 2 didn't sell very well from what I remember, and I'm sure Konami would rather give the series a break (...aside from that pachinko machine...). Meanwhile, Bomberman hasn't had a new game on a home console in about six years (LoS2 came out in early 2014), so now is probably a good time for a revival.

Still, I'm surprised we got anything Konami-related that wasn't a Virtual Console game or Metal Gear Survive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, Bowser is going to marry Peach in this one.
Hmmm, when did I heard that before....
ycC2ovl.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Switch port of Sonic Mania is having the porting job done by Tantalus. Guess that means they're one of the go to porting guys for the Switch too.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They mentioned the 3 original gun types returning for Splatoon 2 but they never mention the Slosher or Heavy Splatling.

Slosher was my best!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
They mentioned the 3 original gun types returning for Splatoon 2 but they never mention the Slosher or Heavy Splatling.

Slosher was my best!
Well the Heavy Splatling is pretty much guaranteed to be in.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Switch port of Sonic Mania is having the porting job done by Tantalus. Guess that means they're one of the go to porting guys for the Switch too.

So that's what they meant by multiple projects.

I think Nintendo already has them on their payroll for one of their own games at the exact same time. Tantalus said they were porting multiple games to the Switch and asked for suggestions for what Nintendo project they should tackle after they're finished a while back.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So far my wants for Switch:
-BotW
-Xenoblade 2
-FE Warriors
-SM Odyssey

-Maybe Skyrim, between Zelda, Xenoblade, AND Mario I'm not sure I'll get enough time for another large scale open-world game...especially since I do own it for PS3

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Or hell, Chrom as a guest fighter on a future Soul Calibur for Switch.

That'd be awesome.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My only hope for Fire Emblem Warriors is that older lords from the GBA or SNES era don't get shafted.

Please don't do that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
People are complaining that the Switch is 400$ in Canada.

That's the ****ing price the ps4, xbox one, 360, ps3 all were!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom