• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
My only hope for Fire Emblem Warriors is that older lords from the GBA or SNES era don't get shafted.

Please don't do that.
All I want is a playable Anna (And maybe Lyndis too) and I'll be more than happy to give this game a shot.

I think they are probably going to do like Hyrule Warriors where they primarily focus on 3 three games for the main storymode but will include characters from other entries as DLC....

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I still think there's gonna be characters that they haven't shown off.

Cause seriously. Where the **** is Diddy and Birdo?

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Personally Warriors will depend upon the roster. If Roy & Ike's swords were in the trailer I'd be a lot more hyped. The roster right now is decent enough due to the gameplay potential of the three Fates characters.

That said, if the Black Knight, Ashnard, Zephiel, and Walhart are bosses considering me sold.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think the Switch will do okay, and nothing more than that.

This isn't me being pessimistic, I have my reasons. If you're a Nintendo fan, the Switch is a godsend, Zelda, Splatoon, 3D Mario, and Mario Kart all in one year?! Holy ****!

But anyone else, you're looking at a thin year one with a bunch of ports that, no doubt, play better on the other consoles; expensive accessories (nearly $70 for a god damn controller?); awkward Online features (apparently you don't keep the free game each month, and voice/group chat is done via smart device which you could just pull up Skype or Discord); still nearly non-existent third party support (inb4: "People don't buy Nintendo for 3rd parties!" Yeah, I get that, but that doesn't mean it's not an issue); 32gb of storage; etc.

The competition just does a lot of these things better. The PS4 Slim is around the same price, with an Uncharted 4 bundle, a plethora of 1st party and 3rd party releases, you get to keep the games that come each month, group chat is built in, and it's stronger. The Xbox One S is similar.

I'm not saying the Switch is going to fail, I'm personally expecting it to do better than the Wii U. But I don't think it'll do enough to really sway people.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The best news for me coming out of this event is knowing that Intelligent Systems has their hands free or so it seems so they have the perfect opportunity to revive Advance Wars on this console.

FE isn't happening soon given FE Warriors is happening
Paper Mario just happened a couple of months ago
A new WarioWare game might or might not happen

C'mon Intelligent Systems. After all the talk you've had about wanting to make a new Advance Wars game now is the perfect time to do it. After the success of Fire Emblem I don't know why they wouldn't jump at this opportunity.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still think a Fire Emblem Soul Calibur would have been better.
Of course. But only if it was a vs. game. Gotta have my ***** Siegfried and Yoshimitsu.

For the Warriors game, just throw in Ike. That is literally all you need.

Ivander

Smash Legend
People are complaining that the Switch is 400$ in Canada.

That's the ****ing price the ps4, xbox one, 360, ps3 all were!
At least I'm glad that the Switch is $300 cause any higher and we'd probably be paying $500 over here.
My only hope for Fire Emblem Warriors is that older lords from the GBA or SNES era don't get shafted.

Please don't do that.
At the very least, I can see 3 possibilities:
-They'll add a couple of the more notable characters from those games in, but their numbers will pale compared to the Akanaia, Fates and Tellius games. But I could see the likes of the main Lords(Roy, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Ephraim, Eirika, Sigurd, Seliph and Leif) having a chance.
-They'll focus on the more popular games at first, than add SNES/GBA characters for DLC.
-Some SNES/GBA characters will be character costumes for some of the other characters that are put in the game. I mean, if they focus on the classes rather than the characters for movesets for some of the playable characters(any character that isn't a Lord character), you could have character costumes to allow a person to choose which character they would like for playing the moveset. Like make Cain, a Cavalier character, base his moveset around the Cavalier/Paladin, than make costumes of Noish, Alen, Kent, Forde, Kieran and Sully for him to allow players to choose which character they'd like to play for that moveset.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also the results of my Bingo card.

Pretty rough. A lot of these things are most likely happening in a March/April Direct or E3 anyways though.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. Maybe not quite as harshly but yeah, the reveal wasn't much better than the Wii U's for me (I at least got excited for the INITIAL Wii U reveal while it was happening).

I big to differ, sorry. This video made by Shkio probably the worst Nintendo presentation review video I seen. I knew there will be someone being negative but still.
Shiko's opinions were so subjective and this video. And does he wanna start a drama with Etika and Obe1 or what? Etika, I am sure he was real, and why does he even care about if Etika and Obe1 are acting or not? I really don't understand it, is jealous of Etika or something?
I'm not surprised that most people were mad when seeing motion controls. But the Switch's motion controls is more interesting if you pay more attention. And hell, it's not the "main" selling point of the Switch, nobody is shoving this feature down to your throat.
Battery life sucks? Agreed a bit, but again it has Type C cable so I don't see a huge deal for that.
Other opinions he had games like Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade I agree, but after watching he entire salty video, it's not the worst presentation. You can say it's not good but it's definitely not the worst.
He whines about not much third party games, before E3 comes, wow...

Chrono.

Also the results of my Bingo card.

Pretty rough. A lot of these things are most likely happening in a March/April Direct or E3 anyways though.
Sonic and Dragon Quest both showed up.

Granted, in Sonic's case it was just part of a highlight reel.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Possibly my biggest gripe is that WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT RETRO'S DOING!!!!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Back to a plebian! And just in time to give my impressions.

-ARMS and 1-2 Switch look fun. They won't sell a ton, but they look fun.
-The HD rumble and advanced IR sensor got me pretty excited for some reason. I imagine some pretty cool stuff with that.
-New Splatoon, Mario, Xenoblade, and FE Warriors are awesome totally called the FE Warriors few months ago.
-Disappointed in the $300 dollar price tag, but the new Online comes with games. And online Super Nintendo.

Pretty nice overall. I'll preorder it when I get enough cash.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Please don't do that.
I imagine they'll at least include all the main lords.

Or at least I hope that's the case.

I just want Roy man. :(

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Possibly my biggest gripe is that WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT RETRO'S DOING!!!!
On the flip side me not knowing what Intelligent Systems is doing makes me happy.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Please don't do that.
That won't happen because despite using anything Smash related with them or using the newer games, those characters are massively popular in Japan especially characters like Sigurd and especially Lyn who don't ever get shafted

However my roster prediction is this

Akenia games will have about 5 characters with Marth, young Tiki and Sheena being the headliners

SNES era will have Sigurd, Alvis, Leif and maybe a suprising pick.

GBA will have Roy, Lyn, Vector, Eliwood and maybe my dreams of Eiphriam

Tellius games will obviously have Ike, Soren, Black Knight as the Lu Blu of this game, Michaiah and Sote

Awakening will have Chrom, Lucina, Older Tiki, Tharaja and Robin

Fates will probably have Corrin, Dander, Ryoma and Azura.

Anna will be in the game but won't be represented by any era

Chrono.

Lmao Yoko Taro going nuts because the Switch and Zelda come out a week after NiER Automata.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
No, you don't have to pay to access the Eshop, it was outlined that you wouldn't have to.

I don't know your timezone offhand, but Treehouse starts in about an hour and fifty minutes, so that doesn't need a timezone to be said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI

Here ya go. There's even a countdown if you need to double check how much longer it will take before airing at any time.
I mainly wanted to know about the eshop, because it hopefully means, that digital Wii and Wii U games will be available on the eshop.

Also the way Joycons work, I'm hoping that it could mean Wii will be apart of the Virtual Console now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
At least I'm glad that the Switch is $300 cause any higher and we'd probably be paying $500 over here.

-They'll add a couple of the more notable characters from those games in, but their numbers will pale compared to the Akanaia, Fates and Tellius games. But I could see the likes of the main Lords(Roy, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Ephraim, Eirika, Sigurd, Seliph and Leif) having a chance.
-They'll focus on the more popular games at first, than add SNES/GBA characters for DLC.
-Some SNES/GBA characters will be character costumes for some of the other characters that are put in the game. I mean, if they focus on the classes rather than the characters for movesets for some of the playable characters(any character that isn't a Lord character), you could have character costumes to allow a person to choose which character they would like for playing the moveset. Like make Cain, a Cavalier character, base his moveset around the Cavalier/Paladin, than make costumes of Noish, Alen, Kent, Forde, Kieran and Sully for him to allow players to choose which character they'd like to play for that moveset.
If you replace Fates with Awakening I'd beleive it more. Especially since the only character shown is ****ing Chrom.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
First off, Fire Emblem Warriors is the game I'm most hyped about and I really can't control this hype, especially considering how it's my favorite Nintendo franchise.

My bet is that we'll have a small roster in the base game like we did with Hyrule Warriors and then through DLC we'll get other characters from different games.

My bets are that we'll get Shadow Dragon's, Awakening's, and Fate's characters first, and maybe Radiant Dawn if they can squeeze it in, and then the rest would be DLC. I'll probably make a roster later for this.

Chrono.

So stables are in BOTW, you can register up to 5 horses.

Horses can also die in battle so uhh, don't let them die.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, you know what else should have been shown? Pokken. That should be one of the first things to get a port, I hope it does.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That won't happen because despite using anything Smash related with them or using the newer games, those characters are massively popular in Japan especially characters like Sigurd and especially Lyn who don't ever get shafted

Akenia games will have about 5 characters with Marth, young Tiki and Sheena being the headliners

Tellius games will obviously have Ike, Soren, Black Knight as the Lu Blu of this game, Michaiah and Sote

Vector had the best critical hit quote.

"Find the computer room!"

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I hope for the first scenario as I doubt we'll get a huge amount of characters from each, but I still do want to see some of the characters outside of Archanea and Fateslandia spheres of influence. Plus, there are a number of popular characters like Ike that do have a large following that would love to see him in this, so expanding outside of that sphere of influence means you can tap into that fanbase and get a larger crowd for the game as a result, and I think aiming for that is preferable to sticking to just those two spheres. With HW and DQH in mind though, it is possible that they do go with the second scenario as both of those games did pick from a spare few games in their respective franchises to begin with and then expanded later. So it is, while not a popular option, a possible option that they could do going forward, especially since we do have precedence from those previous games.

I think regardless of either option they pick though, I do see characters like Ike, Roy, and Lyn having good shots for it due to their popularity and notability in the franchise (more so the former two, but Lyn has a good following in Japan and many western fans recognize her due to Blazing Sword being the first). So I do at least think we'll get those characters in at least some manner for the game, it's just a question of which manner we get them.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Johnny gives his thoughts on the Switch.

I still can't believe Mario Odyssey is an actual thing.
Like, I must dreaming. I have to be.
Love Johnny's videos and review.
I'm still excited for Xenoblade 2.... gonna go back to play Xenoblade on the New 3DS.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So stables are in BOTW, you can register up to 5 horses.

Horses can also die in battle so uhh, don't let them die.
Can you breed horses to make a super horse that can't die? The E U G E N I C S train never ends.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I imagine they'll add characters that aren't lords like ****ing Tharja, maybe not her but someone like her.

Also Lyn and Hector please.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know, considering how you have all of the Zelda Amiibo back then do something for Hyrule Warriors(Link/Toon Link gave the Spinner and Zelda, Ganondorf and Sheik gave their counterparts a Lv.3 weapon), would it not be surprising if they added Marth, Roy, Ike, Robin, Lucina and Corrin because of their Amiibos? I mean, if you added those 6 in, all their Amiibos would be able to do something for them, much like how the Zelda Amiibo did back then.
If such happens to be the case, we already know 7 playable characters. :4marth::4feroy::4myfriends:Chrom:4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:
If you replace Fates with Awakening I'd believe it more. Especially since the only character shown is ****ing Chrom.
I mixed Awakening alongside the Akaneia games, considering technically, Awakening does take place 1000 years later and Chrom, Lucina, Lissa, Owain and Emmeryn are Marth's descendants. So I wasn't dis-including Awakening when I said the Akaneia, Tellius and Fates games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

YES! HE'S BACK!

Totally getting the Switch now. Now to hope a Smash introduction follows.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I big to differ, sorry. This video made by Shkio probably the worst Nintendo presentation review video I seen. I knew there will be someone being negative but still.
Shiko's opinions were so subjective and this video. And does he wanna start a drama with Etika and Obe1 or what? Etika, I am sure he was real, and why does he even care about if Etika and Obe1 are acting or not? I really don't understand it, is jealous of Etika or something?
I'm not surprised that most people were mad when seeing motion controls. But the Switch's motion controls is more interesting if you pay more attention. And hell, it's not the "main" selling point of the Switch, nobody is shoving this feature down to your throat.
Battery life sucks? Agreed a bit, but again it has Type C cable so I don't see a huge deal for that.
Other opinions he had games like Mario, Zelda, Xenoblade I agree, but after watching he entire salty video, it's not the worst presentation. You can say it's not good but it's definitely not the worst.
He whines about not much third party games, before E3 comes, wow...
I think you are misinterpreting a lot of his points.

For one, he didn't say he had a problem with motion control. He flat out said it was good that it was there (the Wii U actually had it as well, remember? He never complained about that either). His issue lies in how much time they dedicated to talking about it. Motion control was the Wii's main selling point, so it was fine to focus on it then, as it was new at the time. But literally (and I do mean, LITERALLY) everyone who bought the Wii, is probably gonna buy the Switch. Even if that weren't the case, people already get the idea behind motion control. I also felt the 1-2 Switch and Arms trailers were very self-explanatory and effective, yet they STILL dedicated extra time to talking about them beyond that. They didn't need to. It was blatant padding.

And what do you mean "complaining about there not being third parties before E3"? Need I remind you that everything we saw today was SUPPOSED to be shown at Nintendo's E3 presences six months ago? As such, it should be held to E3 standards, and this is not what we got, not even close. Hell, it shouldn't be a factor regardless - a good launch would have good third party games AT launch.

Plus, lacking third parties now is worrying, because unless Nintendo plan to announce games at E3 and release them on the spot, then and there (or during the Fall), the Switch is going to have an extremely dry year when it comes to exclusives (which are more important), third party and first party.

It sounds to me like you're just ignoring the logic in his points in favour of blind fanboyism.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Considering Yato, Sigfried, Ragnell, and retro Falchion were shown, I'd say the characters associated with those weapons are in the game.

Chrono.

Considering Yato, Sigfried, Ragnell, and retro Falchion were shown, I'd say the characters associated with those weapons are in the game.
Wait Ragnell was shown?

Why tf are people saying the non Akaneia/FE13 and beyond games are the only ones getting attention.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I certainly hope.

They already chose an objectively worse name by renaming him Xander instead of Marx, please don't make it worse.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I imagine they'll add characters that aren't lords like ****ing Tharja, maybe not her but someone like her.

Also Lyn and Hector please.
I really need Tharja and Tiki.

Need. Also I hope as many of the classes are used as possible.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Man, I failed BADLY at this bingo. :ohwell:

Anywho, recap time!:
  • Price tag isn't too bad.
  • Region free? Meh, kudos to those wanting it, but I severely doubt I'll make use of it.
  • Paid online? I was worried this would happen. Need to see the price and quality of service to fully judge.
  • 1-2-Switch looks flat out bad, especially compared to Wii Sports and Nintendo Land.
  • Arms looks ****ING AWESOME (name is kinda a miss though). It looks likes like Punch-Out!! on crack. GIMME NAOW!
  • I LOVED Splatoon and Spla2n looks even better! Looking forward to it!
  • Super Mario Odyssey was basically this:
    HOLY ****ING **** THIS IS SOOO DAMN BEAUTIFUL!!! I'M ****ING SOLD! Eat your heart out Galaxy series!
  • Not too excited for Fire Emblem Warriors or Xeno 2 really.
  • Who is the dumb ass who hired Suda51's translator?
  • Wooooooooooooooow, EA, you didn't even try AT ALL.
  • Huh, didn't know Bill Trinen was fluent in Japanese.
  • Great to see Breath of the Wild as a launch title. I ****ING WANT IT AS ALWAYS!
  • MARIO KART 8 DELUXE AND INKLINGS ARE IN IT!!?? HELL YEAH!
  • Love that Puyo Puyo FINALLY got localized after years of neglect (no I don't count Virtual Console or SEGA 3D Classic Collection)
  • *GAAAAAAAAASP!!* Konami actually acknowledging the existence of, not only Hudson Soft, but Bomberman and it's a faithful non-pachinko revival? I'll forgive you this time only, Konami.
  • Ultra Street Fighter II was unexpected. Don't think I'll pick it up though.
Will I pick up the Switch? HELL YEAH!

Will I pick it up at launch? NOPE.AVI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom