• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There is no known developer wanting to make a KI game. At least IS said they wanna do AW at some point again.
They've been saying that all the time since 2013 and yet nothing ever materializes. It's pretty much Bigfoot. We think we see it but we actually don't.
Because Fates sold stupid good day 1?
So? Mario and Zelda sell much better and their releases are like 3-5 years apart from each other.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Decided to jump into the Mario Kart segment of the stream.

It's telling of how insignificant most of the roster in a Mario Kart game is, when I literally only now realised that Dry Bones was not in the original MK8.

Seriously, if you asked me yesterday, I would have told you he was. Hell, even while watching the trailer I would have said that.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
They've been saying that all the time since 2013 and yet nothing ever materializes. It's pretty much Bigfoot. We think we see it but we actually don't.

So? Mario and Zelda sell much better and their releases are like 3-5 years apart from each other.
FE almost died until Awakening resurrevted it.

They want to capitalize on thier main IP since its becoming bigger and bigger.

I don't see the problem. Ask for AW instead of Paper Mario. (id prefer that anyday imo)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So my want list so far:

YES

Arms
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Bomberman R

MAYBE
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Project Sonic 2017
Sonic Mania
Ultra Street Fighters II: The Final Challengers
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

NO
1-2-Switch!
FIFA
Fire Emblem Warriors
NBA 2K18
Minecraft

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

How bad?
There's a lot of pessimism around.

The launch period is kinda dry of good games.
The controllers are *really* expensive.
The online service seems objectively worse than PS or XB.
There are only four games at launch.
No third party exclusives.

From the SourceGaming discord.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

How bad?
All I see is

"Too expensive
The price of the controls is ridiculous
Paid bad online
No online for some countries
Garbage casual games and weeb games
Mario and Zelda are the only good things
Mario Kart port making you pay the full price for the same game again
Why is this thing coming in March?
No launch games
Wii 3
etc."

And obviously "Nintendo is doomed".

I don't know, all this negativity is kinda affecting me.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
For one, he didn't say he had a problem with motion control. He flat out said it was good that it was there (the Wii U actually had it as well, remember? He never complained about that either). His issue lies in how much time they dedicated to talking about it. Motion control was the Wii's main selling point, so it was fine to focus on it then, as it was new at the time. But literally (and I do mean, LITERALLY) everyone who bought the Wii, is probably gonna buy the Switch. Even if that weren't the case, people already get the idea behind motion control. I also felt the 1-2 Switch and Arms trailers were very self-explanatory and effective, yet they STILL dedicated extra time to talking about them beyond that. They didn't need to. It was blatant padding.
If they put it at the later presentation I think it would have been worse.
And again why do you being so mad about this? ARMS looks hell of fun, this games for motion controls is really awesome.
And what do you mean "complaining about there not being third parties before E3"? Need I remind you that everything we saw today was SUPPOSED to be shown at Nintendo's E3 presences six months ago? As such, it should be held to E3 standards, and this is not what we got, not even close. Hell, it shouldn't be a factor regardless - a good launch would have good third party games AT launch.
Not sure why this makes sense, Nintendo themselves already has good game and I do want Nintendo to have more libraries of games. But saying no good third party games at launch sounds a bit far fetch in my opinion. If those big third parties games also releases on other consoles I'm not sure if it will work. Since those games already have a loyal fanbase on PS4 and Xbox One owners. What Nintendo needs is third party exclusives.
Check this video:
And Nintendo does have new third party titles coming, problem is that they have no confirmation date. I am worrying about that too.
I think Zelda Breath of the Wild is going to bang it, if they have Mario Oddesy launch would have been even better.
Plus, lacking third parties now is worrying, because unless Nintendo plan to announce games at E3 and release them on the spot, then and there (or during the Fall), the Switch is going to have an extremely dry year when it comes to exclusives (which are more important), third party and first party.

It sounds to me like you're just ignoring the logic in his points in favour of blind fanboyism.
Yep, that's my guess, if there's no more or big third parties announce or confirmed at E3 I will then be disappointed and worried, or maybe not since there aren't any third party games I want to buy for now besides NieR:Automata<<I am praying this game comes to Switch.

I could ignore if he's not serious, and most importantly why being so salty? Like this time around I think it's better to focus on the goods rather than "worrying" on a company. And I do have complains on the price and paid online, however I'm not being salty, so you pointing at people having blind fanboyism? I don't even know what's the boundary between fanboy and a non-fanboy now. Are you saying acknowledging Nintendo's flaws but still being optimistic on Nintendo is considered as a fanboy? It's better to not let those bad things cursing yourself, I do aware those concerns too but I won't take those immediately down to my throat and turn it into a negative conclusion.
But if I really need to complain, the translator sort of suck at the first part... I mean the North American English region translator... and also no Smash Bros...
Nevertheless,I have to admit the reason why I am not that salty is because I got games that I want and got me hyped (Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and the most: Xenoblade Chronicles 2). If you weren't interested or being blown away on any of those games and features I understand that. But some just trash out those comments that are uncertain is just absurd in my opinion. But hey, that's all just my thoughts and opinions, take it or leave it, it's "optional".

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
All I see is

"Too expensive
The price of the controls is ridiculous
Paid bad online
Garbage casual games and weeb games
Mario and Zelda are the only good things
Mario Kart port making you pay the full price for the same game again
Why is this thing coming in March?
No launch games
Wii 3
etc."

And obviously "Nintendo is doomed".

I don't know, all this negativity is kinda affecting me.
The two things I agree with is too expensive and the paid online

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
FE almost died until Awakening resurrevted it.

They want to capitalize on thier main IP since its becoming bigger and bigger.

I don't see the problem. Ask for AW instead of Paper Mario. (id prefer that anyday imo)
Yeah I get that but people are still missing the fact that Fates is still a very recent game and that FE has two non-main series games that would benefit from not having to compete with a main series game.

AW on the other hand could hugely benefit from being revived in the Switch's 1st year with it's local multiplayer emphasis and that could launch it to the same heights FE's in right now.

This just infuriates me. Sorry if i'm being a downer to people that want a new game and all that but still.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is not okay.
This is really not okay.

I still can't buy anything from the eShop. If that's the only way to pay for the online service, I might be effectively locked out of online services. Jeez.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is not okay.
This is really not okay.

I still can't buy anything from the eShop. If that's the only way to pay for the online service, I might be effectively locked out of online services. Jeez.
Uh, you still can I guess? I saw on the North American website it will just limit you from online play and voice chat.
We saw those though.
Can you recap some cuz I really forgot, sorry...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm just saying.

Hyrule Warriors had amiibo functionality. It's pretty likely IMO that Tecmo will do it again here for FEW.
That being said, from the teaser, Chrom might be the main character, a la Link last time.

Call it a long shot, but man. If this ends up with Nintendo making a Chrom amiibo with Fire Emblem Warriors functionality to go alongside Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Corrin, and Roy, I'd be over the moon.
Gimme a Black Knight, Ephraim and Hector.

weeb games
inb4 they're the same people that own a PS4.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Since I don't have a Roster Maker with me, I'll just type who I think will be in Fire Emblem Warriors

Practically Confirmed
Marth
Chrom
Corrin
Ryoma
Xander

My Predictions
Caeda
Medeus
Lucina
Robin
Azura
Takumi
Camilla
Ike
Black Knight
M̶i̶a̶
Anna
Tiki

I could also see Soren and Titiana replace Anna and Tiki if we get Tellius characters

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh, Octopath Traveller is by the Bravely team.

That means it'll probably be good.
Hopefully so :)
I enjoy Bravely Default so I might consider picking up that game.
Shin Megami Tensei V is one.

That's the only one I think lol
What about that No More Heros game? Is that exclusive?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Uh, you still can I guess? I saw on the North American website it will just limit you from online play and voice chat.
What about stuff like trading Pokémon and such? That's what I want to know.

I don't really play online much.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I will still buy the console, but only because I'm a Nintendo fan (But yeah, I will definitely not buy it at launch).
I'm really not impressed...

...at the moment, because I will when they announce Smash, Kirby, Pokemon or something like that... in like 5 months or much more.

Sigh.

Oh well.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've said it before, and I will say it again.

If BlazBlue Central Fiction: Switch edition is a thing, I hope they'll bring back the English Dub cast for it. If they can't make DLC featuring an English pack, I think a new console edition for the game is a great time to bring back the English voice actors.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, despite the fact that he'll likely be passed over in favor of Takumi, you know who else I'd want in Fire Emblem Warriors?

Virion. Virion would be neat.

D

Deleted member

Classes with different character skins seems a good direction for FE Warriors
Like having a bunch of Myrmidons/Swordmasters with the sane moveset but with alternate models and voices for full fanservice
As long as I get Joshua and Nino in some form, it's all good to me
Fire Emblem Warriors is getting its own Direct next week. GET HYPE.

FE Musou and the mobile game are guarantees
New FE game seens likely, I doubt they'd make a WHOLE Direct for FE in general if they only had two spin-offs
"The paid online service will be available in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico only at launch."

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
Aaaaand they ****ed up again
Even worse now because I at least could play online before but now I won't be able to do that even if I wanted to pay for it

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I will still buy the console, but only because I'm a Nintendo fan (But yeah, I will definitely not buy it at launch).
I'm really not impressed...

...at the moment, because I will when they announce Smash, Kirby, Pokemon or something like that... in like 5 months or much more.

Sigh.

Oh well.
Same.

I'll probably buy it 2019-2020, when the dust has completely settled on whether it's a good system or not, and all major franchises have a game released.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I go with Monolith Soft.
I do admit I'm a Xenoblade/Monolith Soft fanboy though ChikoLad ChikoLad .
I don't mind fanboyism as long as people are willing to admit the faults of what they love.

I'm perfectly understanding of the fact this is way more exciting for people who play strictly on Nintendo, anyway. Just wish people would understand why others aren't that excited.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Aaaaand they ****ed up again
Even worse now because I at least could play online before but now I won't be able to do that even if I wanted to pay for it
wait wait does that mean ill have to pay at launch right away to plat online and If I dont, I wont be able to play online at all? That needs explaining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom